Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

@@2babutterfly - I brown a pound of ground beef with some onion and green pepper, add 2 cans diced tomatoes and a can of green peas, a cup & a half of cooked elbow macaroni (I use Barilla high Protein plus pasta), salt, pepper, & heavy celery salt. My mom cooked it when we were growing up & it was a favorite. With a side salad or fruit, it makes an easy dinner & reheats very well for lunch the next day.

Hey there and happy Thursday!

I'm rocking & rolling the plan this week. I ate OP, drank all my Water, & took a 45 minute walk last night. I plan to repeat today.

How are you guys??

Greetings! God is Good! So last time I was here my hubby was having PSA test... not the best news however maybe it is the best news after all. Slight creep up and guess what he wants to do... Dr. Says recheck in 8 weeks. Hubby says... lets heal this! Eating meat 1 time a day all fresh vegi and fruits. No junk food. He said melon, blue berries, fresh greens and green Beans, no white potatoes. So out of a slight incline he has chosen mega healthy foods! I am so pleased. We had french onion Soup, strawberries and blueberries for dinner. He is drinking almond milk on Cereal. God has a plan here.... pray for the numbers to not go higher. He has already been through the surgery and the radiation. Our veg. garden is doing very well and blooms on the tomatoes. Snap Peas should bloom any day now. salad bowl lettuce looks to be ready in 5 days or so! Asparagus is on our menu daily. I have an old fashioned push plow. My biceps are in the toned firm phase due to this. It takes about 1/2 hour daily to keep this task up... shall we say "I am not going to the gym just working the push plow like Rocky Balboa! " LOL. Have a HEALTHY Band Day!

You guys are very inspiring!!

As for me, I had a lovely Greek salad and saganaki last night, a tiny bit of eggplant spread, and one bite of baklava. I left the restaurant satisfied but not full. It felt amazing.

However, I overdid it this week on my poor knee. The 5k on the treadmill Tuesday followed by a 2 mile walk at lunch yesterday left it painfully sore. I woke with knee pain today. I'll tell my trainer we should focus on core and upper body today.

My boss gave his notice at work today. I'm really sad. I've worked for him at this company for six years, and at my former company for nine years as well. He is one of the few people I told about my WLS and has been so understanding and generous with time off for appointments, etc. Plus his wife had rny a million years ago and so he knows the ropes.

Emotional day.

**crickets chirping**

Checking in. Good weekend. Moderate food. I'm finding it easier to leave food on my plate when satisfied.

Full disclosure. I had movie crapcorn not once but twice this weekend. Once buttered, once not. Not worth it. But it doesn't seem to have done any scale damage. My meals are getting smaller slowly as I'm finding it easier to stop when satisfied instead of full.

Off to the gym tonight to work on the upper body machines. Woo hoo!

Hello!!! What a wonderfully busy weekend we had. It was full of exercise with lots of kayaking. My food wasn't perfect, but better than it could have been. Like you, @@JustWatchMe, I'm making a point to leave food on my plate.

All is well today. My daughter is wrapping up the school year, so my husband and I had a lunch date while we could. Tomorrow is awards day and then a half day on Thursday and she's finished fifth grade. Time flies!

I hope all is well with everybody here. Let us hear from you!!!

CRICKETS in the accountability thread lately....

All is well here and I hope it is for you guys too. I am walking more and more each night, we added an extra lap to our route last night and it feels so good! What is one victory you've had recently?

Great question!

I'm going to the gym and I'm loving it!!! Why why why did I wait over a year to do this? Everybody said exercise grows on you and I didn't believe it.

Using a personal trainer is excellent for two days a week, but my real victory is going there on my own

on the off days. I'm learning the machines and I walk the treadmill too. I feel like a new person.

As for food, I have two victories. I'm leaving some food on my plate nearly every day. Secondly, when I have a treat like sweets or a cookie, a taste usually does the trick. And if I indulge (like I did with popcorn twice last week), I own it and move on.

I love my band!

Hello banders! I'm still here but the last week of school is always a crazy blur! Today is my last day with kids! I will miss them!

I can't even tell you what all has been put in my mouth this week...lots of snacking on the go...next week I will have some normalcy and be in charge of my schedule!

Glad to see @@s_suther and @@JustWatchMe on here...where is everyone else??

Goooooood Morning and TGIF!!

Today's meals are planned, Water will be consumed, and I hope the rain holds off so we can get in a walk this evening.

What's up for this weekend?

We are headed to a national park for some biking tomorrow, so it should be a good day. We'll come home and grill out some chicken wings. Church and more grilling out on Sunday. I'm trying a new recipe, "Fiesta Lime Chicken". I'll pair it with a simple, delicious black bean dish that we enjoy. Summer cooking going on around here!! ;)

Hope you have a swell day and fabulous weekend! Take care of you!

@@2babutterfly - glad you posted and I'll be happy when you're back regularly posting! @@JustWatchMe and I are holding down the fort until y'all get your butts back on here! I'm talking to @@bacon , @@punkinvine , @@enjoythetime .... Who else?!? ROLL CALL!!

Hello and hope you are all doing your program and having life in the fullness of God! We are still on a roller coaster with family health issues . I am finding less time to do my program so I need to really focus and stay in the loop even more than ever. I realized I only took a 20 min . break the whole day yesterday. I must get this improved or I may wilt , wobble and crash! LOL. It is going ok but the trials of geriatric relatives are on going and glad to help. It does take up a day before you know it! I have been eating lots of asparagus and fresh garden lettuce. God is good. I am using this ro-ho manual tiller and it has given me the summer biceps. I worked that about an hour yesterday. As I planted some festival acorn squash seeds I spied a disc of metal coin sized with Roosevelt 1912, around the outside and the center is a bull moose. Approximate size of a quarter. We have gardened and tilled and plowed that same place since the early 1970's. Teddy and the bull moose decided to appear yesterday! God is good. I was needing a little sunshine!

Enjoy what you are doing today and praying for sunshine in your heart!

Off to a summer festival tonight with carnival food. Tomorrow I'm volunteering at a food pantry. Sunday I will be outdoors with friends in a forest preserve all day. Busy busy.

My trainer wants me to log my food for him again. Oh well. It's a little annoying because it's on paper but I'll do it. The first time I logged, he had no issues with my choices. Just my timing of meals. He wants me eating something every three hours.

My daughter has a third upcoming interview at my company for a summer internship. Two different departments are interviewing her. Nice problem to have, huh? I hope she gets the first one because our hours would be the same and carpooling would be a breeze.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Good morning peeps! Today is the first day of my summer break!!???????? started my day with a walk in the hood. Cleaned off the "mound of mail" on the bar. This is my challenge season!! I stay on plan better when I'm working. For any of you stay at home people. Helpful hints for not grazing all day?? Hope you all have a great day!!

Changed up my food plan today after talking to my daughters yesterday about my crummy food choices.

Committing to saying buh-bye to my favorite greasy fried foods.

I made it through today just fine. One ounce of leftover beef tips for Breakfast, cheese sticks for a snack, Tomato Soup and grilled chicken chopped salad for lunch, yogurt and pumpkin seeds for dinner.

Tomorrow will be fresh, healthy choices for Breakfast and lunch, and a healthy meal cooked by my daughter for supper.

This last fifty pounds is coming OFF, people!!!