Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

Get pepcid. My surgeon prescribed that on my way out of the hospital along with percocet.

Hi-I don't get it. Scared. If I don't pee soon they are going insert a catheter. I have an IV and have been sipping my fluids. Scared.

I had a catheter during the surgery and they left it for one day. Awesome when you dont have to get up to pee. When they took it out, i was peeing every 2 hours on the dot! From all the iv liquid. Don't be scared. It will all be okay. Promise.

Ok. Made it through day zero post op. Felt like I did a bazillion crunches and today maybe just a zillion.

"Gas or belly air" hurt my shoulders worse than my belly I think but still manageable on the pain scale. Would've been nice to be warned of that

And I finally peed'd again so I get to go home today!!!

Looking forward to at least being in my own home.

Best of luck and speedy recovery to all you guys!!!

You will be fine. :)

It's a rollercoaster ride and hang on tight. You are excited to hop on...You are going to freak of the unknown, then you reach to the top (surgery), then it goes over the hump and down in speed (coaster going fast), there will be twists and turns you will laugh,hang tight, be in disbelief, then excited and before you know it your off the coaster. Then you will have a euphoric experience and say...i would do that again and walk away happy.

Hi my fellow January sleevers! I am day 6 now. Felt much better yesterday, even better today. Still definitely having some discomfort but I made both my Protein and liquid goals yesterday and on target to make or exceed them today. I just made my first post-op cup of (decaf) coffee and it went down so well (12 oz! While it was still warm! Without being reheated!) that I made a second cup. Maybe I will drink nothing but Decaf from now on! ;)

Getting really sick of the limited offerings of the liquid diet...bleah. Thinking I'll pick up some different Soups tomorrow--butternut squash? Carrot? Ugh. I am SO ready to be advanced to the pureed stage!

Oh, I haven't tried any Vitamins yet. I'm not going to become malnourished in a week, so I'm giving my sleeve time to settle down a bit before i get there. I am taking 40 mg of omeprazole, which is a pain to take (I open the caplet and swallow a few granules at a time with Soup or a drink!)

First post-op appointment tomorrow--looking forward to getting my staples out.

Happy to hear how everyone's progressing on the other side!!!

Hi my fellow January sleevers! I am day 6 now. Felt much better yesterday, even better today. Still definitely having some discomfort but I made both my Protein and liquid goals yesterday and on target to make or exceed them today. I just made my first post-op cup of (decaf) coffee and it went down so well (12 oz! While it was still warm! Without being reheated!) that I made a second cup. Maybe I will drink nothing but Decaf from now on! ;)

Getting really sick of the limited offerings of the liquid diet...bleah. Thinking I'll pick up some different Soups tomorrow--butternut squash? Carrot? Ugh. I am SO ready to be advanced to the pureed stage!

Oh, I haven't tried any Vitamins yet. I'm not going to become malnourished in a week, so I'm giving my sleeve time to settle down a bit before i get there. I am taking 40 mg of omeprazole, which is a pain to take (I open the caplet and swallow a few granules at a time with Soup or a drink!)

First post-op appointment tomorrow--looking forward to getting my staples out.

Happy to hear how everyone's progressing on the other side!!!

Hi RedS, sounds like my story down to a T! I was sleeved on Jan 14th and I am feeling the same! I haven't had any nausea, just lots of soreness when in transition to stand/sit. I don't have an appetite at all so it has been difficult to force myself to drink or eat anything, especially Water. I have my first follow-up tomorrow and I am hoping he gives me green light to puréed food- might be wishful thinking! I am so ready to be over this hump and begin my new life!

Love hearing from all of you - best of luck in recovery to each of you!

I'm at the hospital now. Checked in about an hour ago and am waiting to be taken to my room. Haven't eaten for over 36 hours and my nerves are shot. I just want this over with already, so I can get to the business of healing and becoming a healthier.

Starting weight 310.

Current weight 282

Goal weight 180

@@Eli Alexander HI Eli, no worries, you will do just fine. I was 14 days with no solid food before surgery....I guess it got me used to what was coming. Update us when you can.....all will go well!

I'm at the hospital now. Checked in about an hour ago and am waiting to be taken to my room. Haven't eaten for over 36 hours and my nerves are shot. I just want this over with already, so I can get to the business of healing and becoming a healthier.

Starting weight 310.
Current weight 282
Goal weight 180

Question how did you guys set different goals for and by when you want to reach them. I have my overall weight goal but I would like to setup mile stone goals for me. How do I figure it out?

Question how did you guys set different goals for and by when you want to reach them. I have my overall weight goal but I would like to setup mile stone goals for me. How do I figure it out?

Hope this helps!

post-241093-14217766606683_thumb.jpg

Hey to my lovely January Sleevers I just got back from my docs office for a check up since I can't fly back to mexico I have to rely on my family practitioner to help look after me. So I have lost 13lbs in 9 days which is great. I'm very happy about that. My incisions are sore and itchy but are healing correctly. I'm not about to get the Water and Protein in but I still manage to get enough in to keep myself moving. I went to the Chinese restaurant and bought a huge contain of Soup different kinds to mix of the flavors of food since I seem to be the only one on Clear Liquids only for 15 days. I don't even get to eat any type of solid foods until feb 12th. I hope everyone is doing well and don't forget to just walk for general exercise. Im glad to see some many new people in this forum! Good luck people!

Who is thrilled to be past surgery!!? IN recovery and starting to see results!!? I still pinch myself some mornings to make sure it's real! I'm 30lbs down from pre op starting. and have had zero complications since surgery ( gas pain and excess Fluid was my only struggle.) I feel so blessed to be given this TOOL for a better life! It's not always easy and HOLY COW - full time job getting enough Water and Protein. We ARE doing this people! And we WILL succeed!! Let's keep things positive and encourage people wherever they are at, in their personal journey. Your all winners... ????

Get pepcid. My surgeon prescribed that on my way out of the hospital along with percocet.

Wow! Percocet? I keep reading of doctors dishing out narcotics for the pain and it worries me. I know everyone is different, but Percocet would've made me so nauseous. They only gave me anti-inflammatory meds in my overnight stay. The pain was very bearable. Only some stinging at the incisions. I was told to get children's Tylenol for anything else when I was sent home. Didn't need it until day 3.