Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

I am 6 days post OP. Does anyone know when the swelling in the tummy area goes down? I put on a pair of work pants to see how they fit since I have lost 30lbs total (includes preop) and the leg and butt area was loose but I can't close the pants without squeezing the swollen area??! :(

I am 6 days post OP. Does anyone know when the swelling in the tummy area goes down? I put on a pair of work pants to see how they fit since I have lost 30lbs total (includes preop) and the leg and butt area was loose but I can't close the pants without squeezing the swollen area??! :(

Sorry to jump on this thread, as I was sleeved 12/20/13. But to answer this question...it was a good 2-3 weeks before I could comfortably wear my preop jeans. I had no pain, but my belly stuck out like I was pregnant.

Don't be sorry, this is good stuff to know! Thanks.

Stomach swelling will gradually go down for 6 weeks. It takes a while for organs to recoup. The liquid diet after surgery is to allow the stomach to heal by not working hard on digestion. I'm getting gas out just fine. 1/7 op date. Can't wait till pureed foods. One more week. If anyone knows of any good tasting Protein mix let me know.

I was sleeved on 1/14 at valley care medical in pleasanton CA. 5 days post op and my recovery is getting better as each day goes on. I am not necessarily hungry like hunger pains but do feel empty at times especially in the morning. I satisfy this with my Protein Shakes and half juice/water. Since I know I have to start my pill Breakfast and must coat my new stomach with that so I won't get nasueus. I'm trying to find a better way to take less pills then I have to the Multivitamin is a huge horse pill even cut up in 3s. And my calcium citrate is huge as well. I was wondering is there a easier way to incorporate these. Like blend them in my Protein Drinks get the liquid version or gummie version? are gummies even allowed at this stage? If so how much liquid and gummies should I take and what brand is the tastiest and most effective. Also is cream of wheat very thinned with milk (I use lactose free) and mashed potatoes very thinned with milk so it runs off off my spoon like liquid ok to consume at this stage? I also strain it after its cooked to remove the lumps n bumps. I tried this today as well as a strained thinned seafood Tomato bisque and it was so much better then just juice Water and Protein drinks. Also do you guys have any other good suggestions to consume at this stage I don't like Soup can Soups creamed or broth just not good flavor I'd prefer restaurant soups of course blended and strained just know I may get tired of the tamato and mashed potatoes soon. I can't wait for texture! But I know that's month 3.

Edited by Happy2BMe1

I'm Brianna by the way... 5'9 Latina and black, Bay Area CA

346 pre op

341 surgery day

Haven't had my first follow up yet for new weight but will update that this week it feels like I lost 5 already though.

346 pre op

341 surgery day

Haven't had my first follow up yet for new weight but will update that this week it feels like I lost 5 already though.

Your doctor should have given you a post op diet schedule. Shame on him if not. I'll go by mine to help you out. No mashed potatoes until day 18 post op. This is a pureed food. You can either dry blend your Vitamins and take in a drink or get gummies/chewables and take 30 chews before swallowing. You should take vitamins for bariatric patients. You will do this for life. No swallowing pills whole until 30 days post op. You should be resting your stomach. I'm also on an acid blocker like Nexium for 2 months post op, Calcium, B12, D3, and Probiotics.< /p>

346 pre op

341 surgery day

I'm also eating Jello, sugar free popsicles, and drinking veggie juice. Try Water enhancers and G2 or Powerade Zero. Also take powdered Fiber. It's been my biggest mistake.

I was sleeved on 1/14 at valley care medical in pleasanton CA. 5 days post op and my recovery is getting better as each day goes on. I am not necessarily hungry like hunger pains but do feel empty at times especially in the morning. I satisfy this with my Protein Shakes and half juice/water. Since I know I have to start my pill breakfast and must coat my new stomach with that so I won't get nasueus. I'm trying to find a better way to take less pills then I have to the multivitamin is a huge horse pill even cut up in 3s. And my calcium citrate is huge as well. I was wondering is there a easier way to incorporate these. Like blend them in my Protein drinks get the liquid version or gummie version? are gummies even allowed at this stage? If so how much liquid and gummies should I take and what brand is the tastiest and most effective. Also is cream of wheat very thinned with milk (I use lactose free) and mashed potatoes very thinned with milk so it runs off off my spoon like liquid ok to consume at this stage? I also strain it after its cooked to remove the lumps n bumps. I tried this today as well as a strained thinned seafood Tomato bisque and it was so much better then just juice Water and protein drinks. Also do you guys have any other good suggestions to consume at this stage I don't like Soup can Soups creamed or broth just not good flavor I'd prefer restaurant soups of course blended and strained just know I may get tired of the tamato and mashed potatoes soon. I can't wait for texture! But I know that's month 3.

I order my bariatric chewable vitamins from Celebratevitamins.com. Their chewable multi tastes pretty good. I get the 90 day bottle. It has enough Vitamin B12 so I don't have to take an extra pill. I also take their Calcium + 500 in cherry tart. That is not the best tasting and may switch to orange the next time I order. These Vitamins were recommended by my doctor. Hope that helps.

Good morning! Here it goes....got to be at hospital in less than a hour.

Thanks for all the support on found in these forums.

Good luck! Keep in touch

I haven't lost any weight in almost a week.

My normal weight is 230

DOS 223

1 week post op 213

Now I'm 11 days post op & still 213. I'm getting minimum 48 ounces of Fluid daily (my dr said 48-64oz is good). I'm getting at least 60 G Protein daily. Sometimes more. I'm on have 2 so I'm getting 3 full liquid meals a day. Which usually consists of 3 ounces of Greek yogurt or 4 ounces of blended Soup. And I'm going to the gym the past five days to walk on the treadmill. I'm up to 50 minutes. I plan to do an hour today. Why am I not losing more?

I was sleeved 1/13, and I haven't lost any weight but gained! I was 193 day of surgery and 195 today! UGH!!!! I am following the diet to a tee. Not getting all the Protein though but averaging at least 50gms! Totally hitting the Water goal as I drink all day long!!!!

My surgery was 1/12 and i have lost 9 pounds. Mind you, i barely eat, nothing fits and trouble drinking. Takes me 45 min to drink a cup of Protein Shake. The RN at the bariatric unit said NOT to weigh yourself until the day of follow up. Of course i did out of curiosity. I will not weigh myself anymore till my follow up on the 28th with the surgeon.