Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

@AF mom I too am feeling pretty good. No vomiting, no heaving, able to tolerate everything allowed so far

Edited by Redefined

Had my postop yesterday. So happy to get those staples removed. Down 18lbs since preop. 11lbs since surgery (1.5.15). Moving on to the next stage of food. Yay for pureed (mash potatoes, Soup, anything blenderized, soft eggs, soft fish).

HW 275

Lapband LW 168

SW 259

DOS 252

CW 241

Edited by Redefined

Hi all, had sleeve surgery on Jan 13th. I've been nausea ever since the surgery having a hard time drinking anything every thing taste bitter and undesirable.

Had surgery January 14, everyday I feel better than the day before. Today I will try to meet my Protein goal of 80gr, I sip Water all day but it takes a day to drink a 20oz bottle. I have to take Prilosec for 3mo, It really helps with the loud gurgling in my belly????

Jan 14th VSG. 1 night at hosp,1 night at a friends, and last night at home.

My routine is: sleep 4 hrs, take pain pills (dilaudid), drink some Protein Shake, and then back to sleep.

I have a compression band around my tummy that helps a lot. Taking GasX strips now and then for gas.

I've found using the medicine cup for sips hurts way less than taking a sip on my own. I've started breathing out before I take a sip. I think I was actually taking in air with every sip. I would sort of suck the Water in.

First time I woke up and did not have a weight loss, not that I'm disappointed but I def hope that it does not stop already.

Im sitting here still in awe that I can drink my water/powerade zero and Protein Shakes with no problem. I'm so so thankful to not have any complications. I didn't have any problems with the three Big gulps I had to take for the leak test either. I still kinda can't even believe that I've had it done. Anyway, hope everyone is doing great! Veronica, I'd say you're full of iv fluids? Ya think?

@@downsizingdiva Mmm I don't think so since Ive been off of iv since tuesday. I just think that it is the natural process of slowing down. I'm ok with this at the moment just hopes it starts up again next week otherwise I will go to the doctor.

Gastric sleeve done on 1/13! Drinking fine and feeling great! I haven't lost any weight yet though! ????. Actually I gained 6 lbs!!!!!! I am sure it is Fluid retention but would love to see the scale start it's way down!!! Today I had a Atkins shake, half a Greek drinkable tougher, and a little of cream of mushroom Soup minus the mushroom! Dr. Ortiz and the OCC was AWESOME by the way!

Is anyone else feeling a lot of pain when getting up or sitting down?

I am in HORRIBLE pain when I get up out of a chair or when I sit down! Once I'm in position I'm fine but the transition is excruciating! I'm hoping this is normal although I don't how much longer I can tolerate it!!!

Congrats where did you get liquid Tylenol?

My dr prescribed me liquid tylenol. Thank goodness I haven't needed it yet because getting my daily liquids is enough intake for now.

Is anyone else feeling a lot of pain when getting up or sitting down?

Yep! That's the only time it hurts pretty bad. But when I finally get straightened up and out the door to walk my driveway, I feel so much better so I'm trying not to sit very long at one time. I got all my Water and almost all my Protein in, and all my Vitamins except for Iron because it says it may cause upset stomach and I'm scared to death of that. HOW ARE YOU?

Edited by downsizingdiva

Hi! This is my first forum..ever :) I was sleeved january 7th. Wow what a ride it has been. Im soo thirsty and looking forward to solids March 7 :-) I got a bag of ice from sonic and for some reason eatting that helped the gas soooo much instead of sipping and getting mire air may e anyways im down 36lbs from preop diet jan 1