Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

1 week post op and down 5 lbs ?!! I feel that's bad :/

I think that's a great start!

Narcotic meds in any form will slow down the whole BM process, it will happen probably after you start reducing your pain meds (did for me)

I didn't even get narcotics, just nsaids and children's Tylenol. 9 days post op and off both. I'm so glad I made this choice.

Did y'all know that when you're dehydrated your body releases a chemical that forces it to retain Water? Get hydrated and you'll shed lbs like mad.

My sexy ladies...I literally just got home From Mexico. I had my surgery on Monday and I'm not having any problems at all which is AWESOME. I'll agree that I'm sick of the broths but eh who cares it is not forever. I'm glad to see all my ladies in the post op. I have lost 8lbs since surgery and feel awesome. I'm able to sleep in bed but I have to put a pillow under my belly so it does not hurt my stitches. YAY! keep up the good work!

I am official sleeved!

My surgery was delayed (instead of going in at 4pm I didn't get to go in until 6pm). The surgery only took an hour and a half, I was sleepy all night after I woke up. I just woke up right now and I do feel very sore. The pain from the bigger incision I have is real haha. But I am really shocked that I have zero gas pains. I have been peeing often because of the IV juice and it really hurts to get up to the bathroom but it's nothing too bad. I'm getting a gastric emptying test at 6 am and hopefully go home today!

I'm 2 days out--on full liquids now and getting discharged from the hospital later today.

I had real Soup yesterday...not broth...let me just say that I never realized how delicious egg drop soup was. Hahaha. I felt like I was in complete heaven.

Hello fellow losers! ( haha.)

I am one week post op today! Just wanted to share stats!

HW 240

SW 238 ( starting pre op.)

DOS 220

Current 213!!

Goal 160

So pleased and happy! Post op has been challenging to stick to since I feel pretty good. I'm ready for some Beans and cottage cheese. Incisions are healing well. No more gas pain! Yay! I'll agree about drinking!! Gotta get those liquids in people, it helps your body so much.

"Smooth move tea" tastes fine and is a great natural laxative if any of you are struggling. I didn't take pain meds after surgery and still struggled but the tea works!

Edited by mduffield

I am one week post op today

Good Morning!!!

Good Morning!!!

My daughter kept hitting the "post" button! Had to edit three times! Good morning to you! :)

I had mine on 1/2 (13 days post op) and am doing really well. I've moved on to purée and feel like a new person. The first thing I tried was Progresso chicken Corn Chowder (liquified in the blender and added some pepper) and I think it may have been the best thing I've eaten in my entire life. :)

I've also had Bojangles mashed potatoes and gravy which set really nicely on my tummy. I'm still getting the bulk of my Protein through the shakes (I use Premier w/ 30 grams per shake) because I just can't bear adding he unflavored Protein powder to my yummy Soups and "real" foods. I drink 2 per day. Luckily I have had zero restriction where liquids are concerned so I am able to drink the shakes and my Water without any problems.

Good luck to everyone! Every day it gets a little better!

PirateGirl...

I was sleeved just a few days after you on Jan 5th and am glad to hear from someone else that they are not having any problems getting fluids down. Since day 3 or so post-op, I am assuming once the swelling in my stomach went down, I have felt no restriction with fluids. I keep reading post after post about people not even coming close to getting their Protein Shakes or Water down that I was concerned that something was wrong with my sleeve. I am hopeful that I will feel that restriction once I move on to pureed and soft foods.

You're doing great mduffield!!!

I am one week post op today

Good Morning!!!

@@AFmom I also can't nearly get in enough Water or liquids. I don't know if you are aware but some people have smaller sleeves then others and that might be causes their restrictions. I noticed that my doctor said he gave me the smallest sleeve he could so I could have a high weight loss success rate. Just a thought. I would not concern yourself with it as long as you don't ruin yourself with slider foods you should be fine and lose weight at a continuous and healthy rate!