Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's the $*%$^%$ INTERNET!

Why are so many so self righteous and judgmental? Why do people get so crack ass offended when someone disagrees with their opinion? Why the name calling and the finger pointing? Why the insults and put downs?

Haters.

Clique.

Troll.

Leader of the Pack.

b***h.

It's the INTERNET people!! We are NOT all friends, we are NOT all family. We are NOT all going to agree on everything every time. It's a bunch of strangers behind a computer monitor, free to say what they want without repercussion. It's highly unlikely that everything that is said on an internet forum would be said to someone face to face.

IT'S OK!!!

You don't like me? I'm OK with that. You hate my opinion? I'm OK with that. You think I'm a b***h? AWESOME!! I really don't care. :D

I have real life friends and family, as I am sure you do. If I make a few friends here, fabulous. If I make a few NOT friends here (I don't do internet enemies, that's silly), fantastic!

Forums are a place for discussion. An exchange of ideas. A place to share your opinion and hear the opinions of others. We learn and grow from opinions that don't match ours. It doesn't mean we have to change our opinion or that our opinion is BAD or WRONG, it's just different.

You hate this place and want to leave? GO!! Don't let the doorknob hit you.

You love this place and want to stay and argue? PERFECT. Glad to have you.

You like to debate? Love it.

You enjoy playing devil's advocate? Great!

You want to call names? You're the problem.

You want to post inflammatory crap and then erase it? You're the problem.

You want to pass judgement on others for living their lives differently than you? YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.

We have an awesome feature on this forum where you block people you don't like. You will never see their posts again. Use it. If you don't like something you've just read, MOVE ON. You replied to a thread and don't want to read any more about the topic? UNFOLLOW. Someone's advice mortally offends you, say so respectfully and move on. You aren't interested in what you've read or you think someone has moved off topic? Don't read further. It's no big deal. You don't like reading the same question over and over? Don't answer. The world WILL NOT stop because you didn't put your two cents in, I promise you.
Take what helps you, leave the rest. No big $*^%$(&%^ deal. Seriously. You can add to the discussion or you can BECOME the discussion. It's really up to you.

Edited by LipstickLady

That's it. I'm done. I can't take any more of this rational, honest talk from SOME people. I'm leaving this site, and never coming back! Just thought I'd announce it, too, for a more dramatic flair!!

*FLOUNCE*

Edited by Babbs

Hello everyone,

I had to look up the word, you know in that archaic item on the shelf, (book they call a dictionary). That is not a complaint. Thank you to the person who originally posted the word "flounce" and in doing so, added it to my vocabulary. I actually am one of those people who are thankful when people use a word I'm not familiar with and I have to look it up. I know, I could easily have used the internet but I'm "old-school" and like to look the word up so I can remember it.

flounce\'flaun(t)s\ vi. flounced; floun cing [perh. of Scand origin; akin to Norw flunsa to hurry] (1542) 1 a: to move with exaggerated Jerky or bouncy motions <flounced about the room, jerking her shoulders, gesticulating -- Agatha Christie>; also : to move so as to draw attention to oneself <flounced into the lobby> b : to go with sudden determination <flounced out of the room in a huff> 2 : FLOUNDER, STRUGGLE.

Thanks again for a new word in my vocabulary. Hope y'all have a good one, wherever you may be : ) :) .

Blessings,

Kathleen

Edited by Katcloudshepherd

Granted, I make communication mistakes, but have found if one writes in third person the message comes across better. Third person keeps the conversation on track and eliminates personal attacks. This particular site has an interesting audience. The makeup is 90% female and I am not sure about the education level. Most of us guys look at weight loss differently than 50% of the women. (My estimate). I do not have a grasp of all the emotional issues many hang on their weight loss. Instead I follow the simple rules given to me by my doc and the weight comes off. Some of the posts just seem idiotic from my perspective. I have learned to stay away from those topics. One example that comes to mind was the lady wanting advice to get her 13 year old bariatric surgery. She specifically asked not to be judged. Hell, if I were a judge she would have had her daughter taken from her. However, many here thought she was mother of the year. Bottom line, I am making an effort to just stick to the physical side of this surgery and diet. The rest is a waste of time.

Here is an even more relevant definition from the Urban Dictionary. I knew of the word, as I am and have been a part of several online groups for many years. Basically it's an online temper tantrum. And as was previously demonstrated, the person throwing the tantrum never actually leaves, but lurks to see the reaction from others of said tantrum. Anyway, you can thank the wonderful @@BLERDgirl for the enlightening word and the picture meme she posted with it. It made my day.

And just to make a point, I haven't always agreed with BLERDgirl, but I respect her immensely and always enjoy her knowledgeable posts and opinions. I'm not going to get into a huff because I may not agree with people's opinions all the time. Anyway, here is the definition, according to Urban Dictionary, of "Flounce"

- To leave an internet group or thread with exaggerated drama; deleting posts, notifying mods and or group users, and cross-posting on other groups to draw attention to the drama. Comes from the original use of gathering up skirts and petticoats and leaving in dramatic, impatient and exaggerated movements.
Annoyed that no one would agree with him, u/ipknightly proceeded to flounce from the thread; threatening all others with TOU reports and deleting everything that he had written on the thread.

Edited by Babbs

Apparently this site got AWESOME in the last 24 hours! And of course I missed it all. Stupid job! Lol!

Flounce is, indeed, a great verb. Another is skulk. I am so damn happy that I don't have to skulk around anymore -- hiding out because I felt too fat, unacceptable. Here's to that. Maybe there's some flouncing in my future. I need the right outfit!

@Babbs Thank you for the Urban Dictionary definition - I needed that laugh while eating lunch! Reminds me of the joke we sometimes say...."That's it! I'm taking all of my toys out of the sandbox & going HOME" (in my best Joisey accent).

And before any one complains...I grew up in NJ :D

@@LipstickLady PREACH "J" PREACH!!!

This is one of the reasons that I have so much love and respect for you. You, like myself, believe in "keeping it real" and don't have a problem with it. If more people kept it real like you do, there would definitely be a lot less bullshit and a lot less misunderstandings in this world, because EVERYBODY would know where we stand.

LOVE YOU TO LIFE GIRL!!!

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!

*Wipes tear*

Losing weight and laughing. It doesn't get much better than that.

I can't wait till I can flounce. I'm still too fat to flounce....but one day! Watch out!! I'll be flouncing! You just wait and see!! (You all make me smile, by the way) Sherrie

Amen.