Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Thread - we rock!

@berkelycurves I had my surgery on Dec.19 and I also lost only 20 lbs.

Not eating is not going to help you much, you need to eat.

I haven't lost anything for the last 15 days, but I know because I am not getting enough fluids.

I don't work but I am a full time student, and yes my energy is very low. I don't exercise, but I try to move around the house.

Please don't be discouraged and depressed the weight will come off. From what I have been reading we need the fluids, Protein and a tiny tiny bites. Trust me it will get better. ;) we are here to support one another. So you can do it, we all can

@berkeleycurves - I understand what you are going through. I have had hard days and still have some hard days. I think that to combat the tiredness you have to eat as per your doctor/nutritionist. You need some energy in order to be able to start in on some exercise. For now don't concentrate so much on the weight as on healing and feeling better. I think that the weight will come if you are following the doctor's orders.

I hope that you start feeling better soon.

@berkelycurves I completely understand how you are feeling. I haven't weighted for a week ( trying to stay off the scale because it is so discouraging) but as of last Wednesday, I was only down 18 pounds and I had surgery December 10th. Hopefully we can encourage one another through this, and laugh about it when we look back after we have reached our goal. Keep your head up!

I'm in hospital having my gallbladder removed. Stones 6 weeks out. Felt like cramping under my rib cage. I guess 40 pound lost already was a little much to handle for my gallbladder. Darn darn darn

So if you are losing slow and steady don't be so upset- it's better for your body. I'm glad I lost the weight but I have to have another surgery so soon and it stinks!!!!! Slow and steady wins the race ladies.

Edited by bellabloom

Had surgery on 12/16, only have lost 20 since the surgery. I'm really frustrated since I haven't lost anything in a few weeks despite barely eating. I'm trying to move around and walk but I'm so tired/low energy that I can barely finish a day at work let alone work out. I'm feeling really depressed, I feel like this was a mistake. I'm only 22 and I feel like I've ruined my life. I know that being this upset at not losing for three weeks seems stupid, but I've been miserable and barely eating and I'm not seeing any results. I have been crying for the last two days feeling like I'm never going to get to where I need to be. I would appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Hang in there. Your going to lose the weight. Increase the Protein and focus on low carb high protein, low fat!!! Get some exercise it will help your energy. Get out there, start living. You've lost 20 pounds. Could you have done that in f

Four tiny weeks before surgery? And you'll never gain it back.

Chin up your doing this right. Your whole life is ahead of you.

20 pounds in four weeks is five pounds a week!!!!!!!!!!! That's fucking awesome. Seriously. You are a rock star.

Also. Have you pooped? Constipation stalls weight loss. Also- I hit a stall at three and four weeks. Your body has to adjust and it's rot now going - okay. Is this for real? This must be another slash diet. This can't go on. So were going to slow down for a bit. Pretty soon it will have to start eating your fat and it will do so more efficiently. You'll see the pounds will melt off.

Take your measurements at least once every two weeks. I love this. I lost an inch off my wrist!!! It's so rewarding and much more clear than the scale. The scale can be wrong.

Many overweight people have really messed up metabolisms. That's why you need , no, not frequent meals. Omg bull crap. Forget the diet industry. You need weight lifting. Get yourself some five and eight pound dumbells and google some weight lifting circuit routines you can do at home. Three times a week, three rounds. Gradually increase. Your body will love you and your weight loss will increase. Your metabolism will start working again and you will lose inches like crazy!!! Do it!!

Before I was overweight I used to do triathlons and teach fitness. I know what I am talking about.

Up your protein, lower your carbs. Lift weights and enjoy your life.

Eating anything hard is a task. I tried stew chicken and threw all night. I can stick with shakes, smoothies, yogurt,cottage cheese, tuna &chicken salad. My husband jokes that I eat like bird. It sometimes frustrating to have to eat so slow. But I know I can safely tolerate ONLY 2 .oz of solid tilipia.any suggestions I'm like 7 weeks out.

I would say embrace it. It will get better in time and like my doctor said, the point of the surgery is to not eat much. :). I know it's hard. Try to take your mind off of your old habits which likely surrounded eating by doing other things you love.

Other than that, I have loved sushimi since surgery. Raw fish is very moist and delist! Maybe explore Japanese food! I like tuna with Parmesan and Salad Dressing especially ginger vinaigrette from newmans own. Yum.

I did well on shrimp and lobster. I also do well on ground hamburger meat and ground turkey meatballs. I do cheese and Tomato salad. Tomatoes go down well and so does a little avocado. Baked potato and baked yams are nice but not much they are carbs. I also liked meatloaf with ketchup. It's soft. I did shepards pie with just a little mashed potato. Of course chili and all Soups are awesome. Bean Soup, clam chowder, Tomato Soup, etc. I love deviled eggs, boiled eggs, fried eggs... On my way! lets with diced ham were okay and also with cooked spinach!!!

You've gotta start thinking what's soft that I can chew a lot and still low carb? :)

30%! That's the amount of excess weight that my NP told me I have lost so far! And I was thinking that I would get fussed at for only losing 23 pounds in the six weeks since surgery!

I am thrilled! ????

My Dr. told me today that I am cured of high blood pressure. I had surgery Dec. 30. What a blessing.

My surgery was on Dec 16th. The last two days I finally feel like I am too exhausted to function. Yay! I've lost 34 lbs so far. I'm feeling better about things now.

Hello everyone, just checking to see how everyone that had their surgery in December was doing? I had mine on December 15 and I'm down 52 lbs since surgery.

Mine was Dec 10th and I'm just a couple of pounds away from having lost 50% of my excess weight!

Mine was dec 18th and I am down 55 lbs!