Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Thread - we rock!

Feels weird and also, I look at food differently. prior to the surgery smells could trigger hunger, even if I'd just finished eating. Now, I can't stand the smell fried foods. Anyone else?

I am two days post op, and being discharged from the hospital today. Other than incisional pain, and generalized abdominal pain, I am doing g great. No nausea, praise the lord! Praying it stays that way. Scared about getting home and starting Protein.< /p>

Congratulations! It will get so much better. At first, I wasn't losing that was 2nd as ago. I called my doc as Bellbloom suggested. She told me it was the anesthetic gas.mirecaround more and it will go faster

that two days ago (231Lbs). Today 225lbs! Crazy!

Hey everyone! My surgery was 12/3 and it was perfect. Minimal pain in hospital, none out, journaling everything has been wonderful. Only weigh myself at my surgeons so I'm not sure how much I've lost but I know my face smaller and people notice my loss right away. I love my shakes and getting my puréed food has been fine. No cravings for my old food life. Thanks be to God!!

Greetings!

I will be sleeved on dec 29th. Super excited but a bit nervous. How long does the pain last? How long before you can go back to your normal routine?

Hi Cutie! CONGRATULATIONS!

I know you are so excited! YAY!

I had major pain during the 3 day stay at club Med. The morphine pump didn't help, but walking around in the hospital was the best pain medicine. It not helps with the pain, but it it gets the blood flowing, so not to get blood clots.

For the first week after the surgery you may be bloated for about a week. DON'T PANIC! Because I sure did.

As of today not only did I lose the 10th of bloat, I have also lost another 7 lbs.

Move as much as you can, don't over do it, eat your Protein and Water. This is very key.

oh BTW, my blood is already at normal levels. I haven't taken BP medicine since 9 Dec.

Peace & blessings!

Hey cutee- congrats on your surgery date. I wanted to let you know, your most welcome on this thread but this is under gastric bypass surgery. You might find more knowledgable feedback on the sleeve forum because that is were all the sleeve people post.

That said I'm not sure about sleeve recovery but I heard it's much less than the bypass! So that's great for you. I think the gas is the most painful part for everyone. So me people bounce right back while others take a few weeks, it varies so much. All I can say is prepare to have a couple restful weeks and hopefully you'll have a fast recovery. It's worth it!!

Best of luck to you.

Edited by bellabloom

Arg my weight loss has stalled. But I am down 14 inches! Ha even my wrist lost .5 inch!!!

Think I'm eating too much salt and not drinking enough Water. But I did expect a stall after 20lbs in 2 weeks. :)

How are all you wonderful ladies feeling and doing on your weight loss??

Edited by bellabloom

Hello, all! I'm Robin and had my RNY on 12/10. My weight the day of surgery was 204 and today it's 198.5. I got fussed at on my first post-op appointment for not getting out and walking enough. This morning I walked 2 miles and hopefully will do that twice more today.

My surgery was much more extensive than expected but things are going well now. I'm currently allowed eggs, yogurt, shredded cheese and cottage cheese, but I expect to graduate up to chicken, fish, turkey and veggie burgers on Christmas Eve. That is also when I get my 20 staples out so I am expecting it to be a very merry Christmas indeed! ????

I'm down 34lbs in 20 days and still struggle daily with Protein and eating. I had a Christmas party at my home yesterday, I ordered pizza. Let me just say eating the cheese & sauce off a piece of pizza was ahhhmazing! Lol. Totally fulfilled my pizza craving. Tomorrow I'm having another Christmas at home, I'm making lasagna, for myself I'm going to make a cheese lasagna roll up and eat everything minus the noodle. It sorta makes me feel normal to be able to "eat" like everyone else sorta. Saves on a ton of questions.

Hello, all! I'm Robin and had my RNY on 12/10. My weight the day of surgery was 204 and today it's 198.5. I got fussed at on my first post-op appointment for not getting out and walking enough. This morning I walked 2 miles and hopefully will do that twice more today.

My surgery was much more extensive than expected but things are going well now. I'm currently allowed eggs, yogurt, shredded cheese and cottage cheese, but I expect to graduate up to chicken, fish, turkey and veggie burgers on Christmas Eve. That is also when I get my 20 staples out so I am expecting it to be a very merry Christmas indeed! ????

I don't get how every doctor is so different. I had rny on the 4th and all I'm allowed is soft liquids. ??? I have two more weeks still until I'm allowed fish or chicken.

Waaaa. I'm jealous. :)

One week left till surgery. I'm getting excited!! It feels like it's taken forever!!