Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Thread - we rock!

Hi all I wish I had been on this post since it was started I would have learned so much from you all. My surgery was 12/17 I have lost 52 lbs have not gotten much exercise in lately, at the begging I was so energetic and on the go but now I am having lots of blotting and feel but don't vomit. All the food I eat which is about 2-3 once still come down very heavy. I eat we at crackers to settle my stomach, can't tolerate the liquid vitamins or Calcium and have 30 grams of powder protien with small amount of almond breeze unsweeten not sure if i am getting enough of anything at this time yet i never feel hungry all i crave is lemond Water. Any suggestions for.me.

I drink lemonade Vitamin water all day I generally eat a greek yogurt for Breakfast and fish/seafood for lunch & dinner. It's high Protein but seems to be light going in my stomach. It's the best foods I've found for me. Do you make sure you take small bites and chew well?

I've had gallstones, gallbladder removed, a marginal ulcer and gastritis since surgery dec 4th. Now I'm on a pic line and have chronic stomach pain. But I've lost 70 pounds and it's all worth it. I would do it again!!!

bellabloom - That is terrible. Will your stomach pain go away some time soon? I wish you the best of luck with your healing.

My surgery was exactly 3 months ago, and I met my goal of 50 lbs in 3 months. I'm very happy with my progress.

I didn't lose as much as you annebqui, but I lost just over 50%of my excess weight! I'm right at 3 months out also. When was your surgery? Mine was 12-10-14.

I'm so proud of us! As of today at 3 month, i have lost 62lbs since surgery, but since my journey started in January 2014 I've lost 119lbs. This is only the beginning for us!

My surgery was Dec 16th. Yesterday I was at 200.0. I didn't weigh today but I'm looking forward to the first digit being a 1.

My surgery date was 12/18/14, and I am down 60lbs. I ran on a treatdmill today, it was amazing! I even have men looking at me when I'm out and about.... which is a huge ego boost.

My name is Cassie I had surgery December 26th weight 250, I'm 5'2 I have lost 50lbs. And feel better than ever. I still have a long way to go but feeling on top of the world. Congrats to everyone for coming this far????

post-243588-14269654150957_thumb.jpg

I hit the 100s today. Barely at 198, but still below the 200s. I'm so happy.

Were you sleeved in December 2014? Come join us on our 1st year surgiversary cruise to the Bahamas!

Our December 2014 Sleevers Facebook group is having a 1-year surgiversary get together! We are going to do a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas. Below is the information:

Departing: December 4, 2015

Returning: December 7, 2015

Departure location: Miami, FL

The cost is based on double occupancy, however you may chose to have a room of your own, but you will still be charged the double occupancy rate.

Itinerary: Miami --> Coco Keys (cruise line's private island) --> Nassau (8 hours) --> Miami

Ship: Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas

Cabin Costs: (total cost for cruise per person)

Interior - $358/pp

Porthole Ocean-view - $341/pp

Portrait Window - $348.50/pp

Jr. Suite - $641/pp

Grand Suite - $941/pp

Payments - A $50 deposit is due, per cabin, within 21 days. Another $150 is due within 120 days of cruise departure, and the final balance is due within 75 days of cruise departure. We have been assigned our own personal group agent that will send everyone a copy of the agreement with all payment due dates, etc. If you are not able to make the entire cruise payment at one time, you will have the options of making payments payments toward your final bill as you like as long as they are made by the appropriate dates. All payments are made to the travel agency organizing this cruise. No payments are made to me.

Required Documents - For this particular cruise, the documents required are Passport OR Certified copy of your birth certificate and your state ID.

We are also inviting a spouse or significant other should they have a desire to go, and it makes your participation easier. There are quite a few people in our lives that have been through quite a bit since we started our journey, and I feel strongly that their love and support should also be celebrated.

If you want to join us on this cruise, please send me a message with your name, contact information, and how many people you are bringing so that I can confirm your participation and make sure you get all the necessary information from the travel agent.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Hi All Fellow December Surgery People,

It is 6 months since our surgery (more or less). How is everyone doing? I've lost 76 pounds, 34 more to go. Overall I'm still doing well, though it is a constant struggle to get enough Protein. Right now I'm really struggling with a lot of irritation on the loose skin on my belly and irritation under my breasts. I've had to buy a couple of wardrobes so far. I've not fit in this small of sizes in a long time!

I'm doing well! I have lost 60 of the 80 pounds I have to lose (that's not counting the 42 pounds lost in the six months before surgery to get approval) I had a bit of a set back 3 1/2 months out with kidney stones but am going strong again. Plus, I became the grandmother of a gorgeous baby boy on June 16th! Life is GREAT!! ????

I am doing great as well! I had surgery Dec. 16th and have lost 80 pounds and now weigh 136. I have felt good since the day after surgery, no issues with food or drinks going down or tasting funny and other than losing weight I don't feel like I had surgery at all! I am so thankful because after reading a lot of posts about complications before my surgery I was a little worried :)

Edited by Hiedie

Hey all, I had my surgery on Dec. 18th and am down 90 lbs from my surgery date. I weigh 175, but I am 5'9, and maybe only want to lose about 10 more lbs. I'm a size 10-12... its so awesome to shop for clothes now, and it's become my newest obsession lol. All is well, except my energy is way down. I will try to post pics soon. Best wishes to you all!

Edited by coastalchick