Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Thanks Breadlady. Glad you have gotten along so well. And all of this info is great. I just ordered a new light weight sweat suit to come home in, so I hope that will work. I don't fit into the hosipal gowns. Do you think they would let me take my own to wear after surgery?

I take alot of medicine that really drys out my mouth. Sounds like that is going to be a bad deal with not even ice. Someone said to bring SF mints. Would they have let you had them? Did they do the GI thing first thing that next day, so that you didn't have to wait too long to drink? I heard that you could not leave the hospital until you had drank and they knew everything was hooked up ok?

My last question is about the bladder thing. I have a leaky bladder problem anyway. Guess I had better have lots of panties and pads with me also.

Thanks again for so much info. I am just 2 weeks and 5 days till my date with my new life and I cannot wish the days away any faster. Keep up the good work and I hope you don't mind all of my questions.

Patti

Could I please be added to the Lucky 7's wall of fame (the calender) on July 23. Thanks everyone for all the support.

:wave: Welcome Dieka! This is an awesome board to be on. You picked a great month to be banded!

:whoo:Jackie, wahoo you have a date. You will be banded 2 days before me. I can't wait to start my new life!

Patti C - It sounds like hospitals aren't always the same with what they require after this surgery. My surgeon said after I wake up from surgery I will have ice chips only the first day. The next morning they will bring me a Protein Drink that will take me around an hour to drink. If that goes ok then they will release sometime after noon.

Felicia, stay strong. That is why dieting never worked for me. I have a huge family and there is always a celebration of some kind or a holiday or a vacation going on. lol. If you need us, we are here for you.

Dini, I have a long haired chihuahua I've been thinking the same thing about. How am I going to keep her from jumping on me. She sleeps at the foot of my bed every night. Ok, she is a bit spoiled but loves everybody!

They were strict at my hospital. They wouldn't even let me suck on a tic tac. Their reason was it would introduce gas into the pouch. And I can't remember what time the Upper GI was done the next day BUT once done I had to wait for it to be read by someone and then given the ok to have Water or broth. Then later on in the day jell-o. :clap2:I believe that process took a couple of hours

Regarding the bladder issue. It was an absolute pain. I used the huge pads they have in the hospital since I had not planned on needing them. I'm glad though. I needed those huge pads because I literally felt like I peed my pants every time I got up. It was crazy. By the next day say mid-afternoon I believe it was much better but the day of surgery and the next morning were a pain.

Regarding meds I take Zoloft and Ativan every night and I was not allowed to take them. I didnt' make a big stink about the Zoloft because if I miss a dose it's not that big a deal to me. But the Ativan, if I miss a dose it's not pleasant so they had to get it odered IV for me I believe. I also take a Levoxyl in the a.m. and ativan again. I just put it off til later in the day when they let me drink and then split the pills and took them. No problems.

I hope I answered your questions. Feel free to send more. I will be away for the day and most of the evening. We are going to a wedding. That ought to be a pleasant experience - not really! But we'll see.

Thanks Breadlady. Glad you have gotten along so well. And all of this info is great. I just ordered a new light weight sweat suit to come home in, so I hope that will work. I don't fit into the hosipal gowns. Do you think they would let me take my own to wear after surgery?

I take alot of medicine that really drys out my mouth. Sounds like that is going to be a bad deal with not even ice. Someone said to bring SF mints. Would they have let you had them? Did they do the GI thing first thing that next day, so that you didn't have to wait too long to drink? I heard that you could not leave the hospital until you had drank and they knew everything was hooked up ok?

My last question is about the bladder thing. I have a leaky bladder problem anyway. Guess I had better have lots of panties and pads with me also.

Thanks again for so much info. I am just 2 weeks and 5 days till my date with my new life and I cannot wish the days away any faster. Keep up the good work and I hope you don't mind all of my questions.

Patti

Hi all,

Where is everyone today. What do you all have a life or something?

Just wanted to report. I went to a wedding today 1.5 hours from home. I was a bit concerned about being up and about all day and how I was going to get the proper food in. I must say all went well.

On the way up I had one of my Protein Drinks. At the reception they served Soup as the first course so I ate the broth from mine and then swapped with my husband who had eaten the stuff in the soup.

For dessert cake and ice cream came out so I had a scoop of ice cream. Not necessarily recommended but at least I didn't have to stick out so. People didn't really even notice. I think if I had brought my Protein drink in it would have been way too obvious.

Also my hubby and I even dance. Sure it was only to slow songs but I could do it.

I think the biggest help to me was this "bandage" if discovered and placed around my abdominal area what a world of differnece. I thinkI read about it somewhere on this site. I highly recommend it if you are thinking about it.

Good night all.:notagree

Good report, Breadlady. Encouraging that you were able to do all that so soon after surgery.

I've wondered where everyone is today, too! Sitting here bored & depressed, watching bad TV. Not many in the chat room either.

Hi All,

I can't remember who's keeping track of our stats. but here's mine:

HW 335 Height 5'9" BMI 49

Start of Pre-op (crash) diet 330

Birthday July 10/64

Surgery date July 12

GW 175

How do I make a ticker counter downer thingy like all of yours ?

I've temporarily lost my enthusiasm for this pre-op diet - I think it was the hot dog, cheeseburger, chips & pop Baseball BBQ fundraiser I helped out with today - I didn't eat any of it but I wanted to - my son kept asking me "aren't you hungry Mom ? - I'd be starving !" Once we got home, I gave in to left over scrambled eggs and zesty bean salad. I'm not gona beat myself up - I think I'm doing pretty good all in all and I figure if I'm gona slip off the wagon, more Protein isn't too bad - they say protein kill hunger right ?

Anyhow, time to get my baseball player off to bed. Night y'all - Corinna

Hi All,

I can't remember who's keeping track of our stats. but here's mine:

HW 335 Height 5'9" BMI 49

Start of Pre-op (crash) diet 330

Birthday July 10/64

Surgery date July 12

GW 175

How do I make a ticker counter downer thingy like all of yours ?

I've temporarily lost my enthusiasm for this pre-op diet - I think it was the hot dog, cheeseburger, chips & pop Baseball BBQ fundraiser I helped out with today - I didn't eat any of it but I wanted to - my son kept asking me "aren't you hungry Mom ? - I'd be starving !" Once we got home, I gave in to left over scrambled eggs and zesty bean salad. I'm not gona beat myself up - I think I'm doing pretty good all in all and I figure if I'm gona slip off the wagon, more Protein isn't too bad - they say protein kill hunger right ?

Anyhow, time to get my baseball player off to bed. Night y'all - Corinna

tickerfactory.com is where you can build your ticker.. Then copy the bbCode when you're done & paste it in to your signature on this site. It'll ask you to set up a password so you can update from time to time. Then everytime you update on the tickerfactory site, it automatically updates your signature on this site. Pretty cool!

I am sick & tired of my pre-op diet too. I am soooo hungry!! Last night I was dreaming about eating mushy beef burritos, & I'm not even that crazy about burritos!! HELP!!

Hello there lucky 7's I think that sounds a great name too. I am due to have my surgery July16th over here in England. I have also been on the other july forum so I think we will have to meet up in one of them so we dont duplicate all our messages. Anyway good luck to you all I know I can't wait. Speak soon

Lainy

Hi tanzycoffeelady send your stats for laurend via PM. She is keeping track of things on a spreadsheet I believe. That was as we progress we can really see how all of us Lucky # Sevens are doing.

Wow. I've been busy, and haven't been able to check here in awhile... it's easy to get lost as fast as this board is moving. I'm just counting down the days til my surgery...

~*Ash*~

HELLO other luckies! I am on the Lap schedule for July 17, 6am. This is my first post, but hope to become quite familiar with all of you as we BEGIN together. Good luck to all!

:biggrin1:

Hi Tanzycoffeelady, I was just interested to see how your stats are so identical to mine and we have the same surgery date on July 12th! Keep up the good work with the pre-op diet and don't beat yourself up for slip-ups! I am only required a 7-10 day preop diet so I will be feeling your pain in about 8-11 days.

:help: I'm just a little blonde - ok, actually I'm a big blonde :)- lol. Where would I find access to "my signature" so I can paste in my BB code from the Tickerfactory ? - Thank you - :clap2: Corinna

tanzycoffelady - if you look at the top of any page you will see a menu bar.

Click on "UserCP" that will get you to where you can change things.

Hope this helps. Any other questions feel free to ask.