Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Nite, Nite Dini. I'm heading there too. Sorry to hear about your sinus problems, sounds a lot worse that mine.

Welcome Nelli, We have an AWESOME group going. Seems like we're around mostly at night, but there's lots of us.

Laurend, this is a great idea. I was thinking in August we should start posting our excercise goals for the week, and what we accomplished just to keep us motivated. I know my Dr. said I had to wait 4 weeks to do anything other than walking, like weights or aerobic DVD's. Maybe posting will keep us into it.

GoodNight all. 4:30 am will be here before I know it so I'm heading to bed.

Breadlady, if you ever get caught up on reading the new posts since you've been gone, let us know how it was. As you can tell we're all dying to hear how your doing, and what it was like.

Lots of prayers were headed your way fom this group alone. I think that is what's going to make it even more special for mewhen it's my time to go for surgery. We do have a great support group here. Thanks to all of you for just being here, everyday, to talk, listen, and learn.

This totally sucks that everyone is in bed when I'm not even close! I HATE time-zones!

Hi Marcy

I am back tracking on this thread as I just got my date today and was so excited i just wanted to post and become apart of a group..

So I just got to your post above - Where are you??

Since I am new I will give some info so you guy will know more about me

Hi I am Janet - 52 yrs old Divorced have one Son 36 yrs old - 3 grandkids.

I live in Indio CA (IndioGirl) Indio is about 10 miles from Palm Desert CA or 20 from Palm Springs CA Most people know those towns... Indio isn't that famous - oh yea wait for some of you young ones - this is where the Coachella Fest is held in April It's 110degrees outside right now - too hot walk or anything

I have been fat for the majority of my life (Birth weighed 3.12 lbs - as a kid I was overweight they had me on a diet when I was in 4th grade and then from 16 to 25 weighed 115) 25 yrs old the weight started creeping on - would get it off - gain back plus more. and now with menopause the tummy fat is killing me - 244 lbs is what i am now and this is my highest and if i don't do something now it's going to keep getting higher...

My 1st appt w/Dr Bobbie (suregon in Palm Springs was 5/31. Started all my appointments the following week and got the call today with a date of 7/17 - - I still have a few appts to go... But the Office said that all they need is the physc evaluation to get approval and i do that tomorrow and I guess I am so blessed to have good insurance that doesn't make you jump through hoops - they say i should have approval next week...

Ok this is long enought for now - I am glad to be on this great journey with the rest of you Lucky 7 people.

Thank you Laurend and Lynette617.

I like the idea of posting an excercise goal. Honestly that is the one area I worry about. A big excerciser I am not. I'm hoping to get into a walking routine for starters.

IndioGirl55 I'm hoping for insurance approval next week too. Don't you just hate to wait! lol. I think that is one reason I'm so overweight, I'm an instant satisfaction kind of girl.

I sat at 300 lbs for years. I went to Fiji this year in March and started dieting a few months in advance. I of course wanted to lose a bunch of weight before I left. I think all I did was anger my body since I kept gaining and losing and finally ended up 20lbs heavier! That was the breaking point for me. I decided enough already, I need help with this.

btw I still had a fabulous time in Fiji and plan on going back next June. Hopefully much thinner. My dream is to go scuba diving next year!

Hi all,

I'm home. Will post tomrrow. Can't keep my eyes open.

BreadLadyHi all,

:clap2: Yeah BreadLady! Get some sleep and fill us in tomorrow. I'm so glad you are home.

Hi all,

Hello!!! We have been thinking about you. Get some good rest tonight and chat w/us tomorrow.

Janet (IndioGirl),

I LOVE Dr.Bobby! If there was any way I could've had my surgery down there with him, I would've!! My husband & I have spent the last two winters at Sky Valley (Dillon Rd, Desert Hot Springs) & attended one of Dr. Bobby's seminars last winter. It was very well done, complete with video clips of surgeries & we got to meet many of his support staff. That's when I made up my mind for sure that I wanted to go for it! This weight struggle has been going on since I was 10 years old!!

I think you said your surgery was 7/17. Mine is 7/20 up here in the Seattle area. I was anxious to get it done this summer so I have plenty of time for recovery/adjustments before we head back down there this winter.

indigolady i hope you dont think i'm playing tit-4-tat but i'm on the 26th of june as was breadlady. when people look at that they'll think we have not been done.

OK that's what confused me on that calendar.... its June and July... OK..

I understand... so Breadlady 6/19 and You 6/26.... and not July - Got it.. I guess you guys being in the July group was also a bit confusing... I will stick your date on there and repost

OK - my bad - i guess i should have just left yours alone -but it didn't make sense to me with then numbers being out of orde and was just trying to be helpfull.. But now i understand....:rolleyes: Call me blond..

Ok hopefully got it right this time...

Today I'm weighing in at 257 lbs. I'm 5'7" and my BMI is about 40

Thanks everyone for doing all the technical, time-consuming stuff. I'd do it, I just don't have time except at night and I'd rather do other things at that time!

IndioGirl - I'm in Nome, Alaska....about 500 miles WNW of Fairbanks...out on the Bering Sea. It IS beautiful here, but I haven't done a winter this far north yet....we'll see how depressing it will get! At least HERE we have a theater, a pool, and a LARGE community rec center! (Something Bethel, our last address and 400 miles west of Anchorage, did NOT have.)