Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Dini - the reminders only come once in a while because you have to log on the the site...otherwise they stop sending the emails...cuts down on SPAM...a good program I think.

I'm not seeing any attachments....should I be seeing some kind of icon that will lead me to the calendar attachment? Dang, it shouldn't be that difficult!

I'm looking forward to hearing from Breadlady about the surgery...I hope she's doing well!

I'm also looking forward to our first post-op posts when we're all on drugs...See...I'm optimistic today! Something else to look forward to!

Weather sucks and we're inside today....I finished my book and will have to search for another one (not so easy in a town with no bookstores and a teeny-tiny library). I wasn't much of a book reader until last year...now I'm in a reading frenzy! AHHHHH!!! If only I could SOUND intelligent?!

Chimboree - what the heck...what's with all the testing? Are they trying to confirm that you're obese, that you need the surgery, or that they've covered all the bases? Seems a little over-kill if you ask me! Make sure you drink a TON of Water before you get your blood drawn again...makes the veins puff up and spill blood easier.

hey Marcyinak, i do think its a great program but i get mine very very little but i supose its cos i'm always here so i should know if there is a new thread!!!

can you see indigolady's post # 297 ? she has attached a calender to it. if you can not see that one check my post #286. let me know if you find it ok pet? i'll email you if you cant.

Hey, would anyone mind if I kept a running log of our weight loss? I think it would be neat to see how much we lose as a group and individually. I could make an Excel program to do all the calculations. I'd like to start with all of our starting weights and then do updates every week or so. I think it would be a really good way to keep up our spirits when things get hard, coming here to look at the progress that we've made.

that is an amazing idea laurened. you need weight alone or height too

Chimboree - what the heck...what's with all the testing? Are they trying to confirm that you're obese, that you need the surgery, or that they've covered all the bases? Seems a little over-kill if you ask me! Make sure you drink a TON of Water before you get your blood drawn again...makes the veins puff up and spill blood easier.

No, just all the pre-op stuff...you know upper GI, EKG, pulmonary functioning, and blood work...

Thanks for the tip on the water and veins. I will DEFINITELY remember that for the next go 'round!

Hey, would anyone mind if I kept a running log of our weight loss? I think it would be neat to see how much we lose as a group and individually. I could make an Excel program to do all the calculations. I'd like to start with all of our starting weights and then do updates every week or so. I think it would be a really good way to keep up our spirits when things get hard, coming here to look at the progress that we've made.

Sure thing. Anything to help us along.

Height: 5'4

Weight: 287 :(

Chimboree, That does sound like a lot of tests. all i had was a blood test. personaly i wish they would have done a little more like even take my blood pressure but no!!

that is an amazing idea laurened. you need weight alone or height too
Give me both height and weight, and I'll add a BMI calculation to the spreadsheet, too.

thanks for the adivse and the hellos and welcomes.

my boss justed asked out of concern (stating it was none of her business).... just trying to not be to rude...

i am so nervous the insurance will not approve. My doctor did not put me on a pre-diet but of course suggested losing as much weight as possible.... with all the dr's apts and stress of not knowing i have gained and lost...

Chimborre I feel your pain they got me THREE times for the blood gas and had to call 'downstairs' to a WONDERFUL tech to come get it. they said 'you can come back later'... i told them they were crazy get it while i was here!

how long was the wait for insurance approval for you guys?

Chimboree, That does sound like a lot of tests. all i had was a blood test. personaly i wish they would have done a little more like even take my blood pressure but no!!

Dini,

I just looked at the calendar and your sig line and you are only 5 days away!!! WOW. How are you feeling about that?

OMG, ROTFLOL:D. Marci, you are too funny. I can't wait for the post-op slap happy days. Maybe that's what is holding Breadlady up with her posts. Hope she's ok, she's probably feeling good about now!!

Welcome to ALL the new Lucky 7's. Please let us know where you are from. We're a great group of soon to be banders, and we're growing so fast. Has anyone noticed that your posts take about 10 to 15 minutes to type out now, because there so many of us to address. I know I'm going to forget more people as we go like I did to Dini (still sorry), so I apologize ahead of time. This is a great group, and I look forward to talking to each and every one of you!!!

Dini, I must be rubbing off on some of the others:rolleyes:. I see Sunshine forgot you too, and I saw your post. LOL. Hey, I like your little Irish avatar. How cute.

Marci, getting back to a previous post of yours, I'm looking forward to all those things after surgery too. You know, the skin not sagging and sticking to you, the SEX thing:p, yes it will be different, and better.

Chimboree, was the person drawing blood new at this? That's awful. I bruise so easily, and hate getting blood drawn. I wonder why the Dr.'s put insured patients thru all those tests, because I'm self pay, and I only had an upper GI, that was it.:(

Sunshine, 20 days?!?!? WOW, That's like forever. I couldn't even get my PCP's office to call me one in yesterday, and you get 20 days worth. You can send a few my way. :heh:

Hope Everyone else out there is doing great. Just think, we're all one day closer. And tomorow, we'll be another day closer.:clap2:

I'm feeling better today. I actually slept last night for about 4 1/2 hours straight. That's pretty good. I took a nap today with my son, so I got another 2 hours in. Just trying to catch up I guess.:notagree

Give me both height and weight, and I'll add a BMI calculation to the spreadsheet, too.

Hey

Height - 5'4'

Weight - 200 (its anything from 198-202 on daily bases so 200 !!)

Thanks Laurened

Everyone, take a look at this list and make sure that you are on it and that your name is spelled correctly.

2Bthinagn

Abbey12477

Ashrae84

Blulili's Hubby

Bobbert_Mom

Breadlady

Cherrybomb

ChickB13

Dakota

Dancing2

Dini

Evilan