Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I start my 2 week pre op diet on Monday... two weeks of Opti fast... I can't supplement with anything other than their Soups, shakes and bars. I figure I can do it for two weeks though.... I hope I loose something during this time too. Good luck to everyone!

Heh, that's okay. My first though when I first saw people talking about the Magic Bullet was, "Why in the world is everyone talking about a vibrator?" If you didn't know, there is (or used to be) a vibrator by that name that was heavily advertised.

So I'm sitting here at my kitchen/bar thingy and laughing my head off....my seven year old asks what I'm laughing about and darned if I could explain it!:thumbs_up: Too funny!

It's a beautiful day in Nome! Finally got to cleaning out my greenhouse (I'm attempting to grow some things and they seem to be doing okay so far...except the herbs...poor herbs!) so I can make room for chickens! Yep, that's right, I'm going to raise my own chickens! A good learning experience for the kids and I'll be able to let out some agression come slaughtering time!;) Not sure if it'll be cost-effective yet, but I honestly don't care...I'm going to have fun and so are the kids! WOHOO I'M FARMING IN ALASKA!

Oh, and I weighed myself today and lost 4 of the five pounds I gained! GOOD! I'm off to a good start and ready for the start of my pre-op diet next week! Oh my goodness!!! NEXT WEEK!!! That means I've only got a few weeks left! AAAHHHHHH!!!!:)

I've thought about visiting Alaska (heck, I've even thought of applying to a PhD program there), but then I think about the winters. I hate cold weather.

Laurend - For the Love of Pete! You're so young...take some time off from school and RELAX! I remember thinking at 23 that I MIGHT want to get a Master's, but since you're already there.....Geez! You've got some stamina!

Alaska fun fact - if you cut it in two it then becomes the first and second largest state in America...Texas will drop to #3. So....every city/area in Alaska is different. You've got Southeast (Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan) where it's a lot like Seattle - same light/dark days and lots of rain, not a lot of snow). Then you've got Anchorage, who is trying so hard to be like a big city, but it's all screwed up. The summer days are just a smidgen longer and winter isn't so bad. You go west to Bethel (where I used to live) and a little north to Nome and you've got wind from the Bering Sea and long-cold winters and breezy summers with long days. The interior brings you to Fairbanks (where I grew up) and you've got long, dark nights in winter with REALLY COLD weather, but not a lot of wind and the summers are still really good. I remember mowing the lawn at 10pm and getting a tan! (This is usual behavior for Alaskans.) "Up north" refers to places like Barrow and Prudoe Bay....freakin' cold places that have months of no sunlight and then months of no darkness...lots of wind, but I hear the folks are nice!

Going on an Alaskan cruise is a great way to see the state, but really, you only get the southeast part...the train is a nice way to get up to Denali...which is more commercialized and comfortable for tourists than when I was a kid.

I tell ya, I'd LOVE for some of those Senators and Congressmen who want to set limits on our state (those dang Democratic greenies) take a tour of our state to understand how big it actually is!

NOTE: I am listed as a Republican, but I really don't take sides....this is NOT a Republican message...just my opinion

Now, back to the Band! For what this thread is about...I have to say that I'm sick and tired of having to lift areas of myself in the shower to clean properly...I don't like running and hearing things "flap about"...I want to get "on top" without thinking I'm squishing my husband......

I'm so looking forward to this change...this change in body and in spirit!

Laurend - For the Love of Pete! You're so young...take some time off from school and RELAX! I remember thinking at 23 that I MIGHT want to get a Master's, but since you're already there.....Geez! You've got some stamina!
Not really stamina, I just know that if I take a break, I probably wouldn't go back. Plus, a Master's is just enough for entry-level positions in my field. If you want to move up, you have to have either a ton of experience or a doctorate.

I'd love to see Alaska. Just seeing the scenery on TV is awesome. I'm just wary of the weather because I'm from Tennessee. We don't DO cold weather here. When I was in elementary and high school, we would have classes canceled if they even THOUGHT we might get snow or ice.

Hello everyone. Wonder how Breadlady is doing??? I remember looking at the clock about 7:30 thinking she's probably under, and getting started.

Laurend, what part of Tenessee are you from? I'm in KY, and I know exactly what you mean about snow and ice. I lived in Ohio until I was 28, and when I was in school it had to snow 12 to 18 inches for a snow day. In KY, there are so many old country roads, and hardly any school transportation systems, so if they even call for bad weather, they are closing schools, stores, etc. It's crazy.

Marci, I would love to visit your state or Hawaii, I'm just not sure I'll make the plane ride. I can go about 2 hours on a plane, but more than that scares me a little. Don't know why.

So I had my history and physical today. Very interesting. They asked a lot of health questions, but he never really did a physical on me. He let me ask all my 20 questions I had for him, and that was it. He is so awesome. I asked if I had to spend the night. He said yes at first, and then after he thought about it, he said that if I felt like a million bucks at 5:00 or 6:00 when he made his rounds and if I was up walking, going to the bathroom ok, etc, he'd think about letting me go home that evening.

I told him I was having a really hard time giving the hospital $9600 for this surgery and only $5000 to him. I asked him if I only stayed for part of the day and not the night if I would get any money back. He said good question??? So our plan is to let me go, if and only if I'm ok to go home that day, and he told me I should submitt a leter to the hospital asking for a partial refund. He said he'd support it. He said they get way too much anyway, especially for what they pay him. Isn't that sad.

Then I asked about how the appointment today was going to be billed to insurance so I'd know about how much I would have to pay, and he told me he wouldn't submit it to insurance, and he had his office lady REFUND me my $25 co-pay I had paid before I went in today. He's a really great guy that really cares about his patients, and isn't only in it for the money. Makes me feel like I'm in great hands, not to mention he's HOT!

Yes, he was actually nominated for this show in our area about the areas own DR. McSteamy's. Yes, he's married, but wow, very nice looking, and very nice.

Anyway, he was able to give me a perscription for my sinus pain, but told me to give it another day or two and it will probably clear up. He said it's probably from quitting smoking, and is a viral infection. Just my body's way of getting everything out.

It's been a long day. I think I'm headed for a hot shower, and hopefully a little sleep. Hard to breathe, so I'm not sleeping well at all.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Laurend, what part of Tenessee are you from? I'm in KY, and I know exactly what you mean about snow and ice. I lived in Ohio until I was 28, and when I was in school it had to snow 12 to 18 inches for a snow day. In KY, there are so many old country roads, and hardly any school transportation systems, so if they even call for bad weather, they are closing schools, stores, etc. It's crazy.
I am from Crossville, which is about an hour west of Knoxville. I am actually living and going to grad school in Richmond, KY now.

I just had to update everyone and let you know that we have officially submitted all my info to insurance. Surgeon's office says if we get the approval I will be banding in July. I can't wait. I called BCBS today and they told me they are all caught up on prior approvals for bariatric insurance so once they 'scan' (what ever that means) my paperwork in they will be looking at it and I could have an answer by the end of the week and no longer than 2 weeks. WOOHOO!!!! :clap2:

I am so nervous they will deny and I really don't know why. I have done everything required (all testing) and they have paid for all of it thus far. Wish me luck and I will update again once I hear something. Hope I can tell you that I will be a "LUCKY # 7".

until then I will continue to wait.:faint::pout:

I am from Crossville, which is about an hour west of Knoxville. I am actually living and going to grad school in Richmond, KY now.

Oh, I think I know where Crossville is!! Is there a whinery there near the interstate?? I think we stopped there with our RV a couple of times. We camped nearby & both times picked up about a case of Soft White!!

Hello everyone. Wonder how Breadlady is doing??? I remember looking at the clock about 7:30 thinking she's probably under, and getting started.

Marci, I would love to visit your state or Hawaii, I'm just not sure I'll make the plane ride. I can go about 2 hours on a plane, but more than that scares me a little. Don't know why.

So I had my history and physical today. Very interesting. They asked a lot of health questions, but he never really did a physical on me. He let me ask all my 20 questions I had for him, and that was it. He is so awesome. I asked if I had to spend the night. He said yes at first, and then after he thought about it, he said that if I felt like a million bucks at 5:00 or 6:00 when he made his rounds and if I was up walking, going to the bathroom ok, etc, he'd think about letting me go home that evening.

I told him I was having a really hard time giving the hospital $9600 for this surgery and only $5000 to him. I asked him if I only stayed for part of the day and not the night if I would get any money back. He said good question??? So our plan is to let me go, if and only if I'm ok to go home that day, and he told me I should submitt a leter to the hospital asking for a partial refund. He said he'd support it. He said they get way too much anyway, especially for what they pay him. Isn't that sad.

Then I asked about how the appointment today was going to be billed to insurance so I'd know about how much I would have to pay, and he told me he wouldn't submit it to insurance, and he had his office lady REFUND me my $25 co-pay I had paid before I went in today. He's a really great guy that really cares about his patients, and isn't only in it for the money. Makes me feel like I'm in great hands, not to mention he's HOT!

Yes, he was actually nominated for this show in our area about the areas own DR. McSteamy's. Yes, he's married, but wow, very nice looking, and very nice.

Anyway, he was able to give me a perscription for my sinus pain, but told me to give it another day or two and it will probably clear up. He said it's probably from quitting smoking, and is a viral infection. Just my body's way of getting everything out.

It's been a long day. I think I'm headed for a hot shower, and hopefully a little sleep. Hard to breathe, so I'm not sleeping well at all.

Hope everyone had a good day.

I was thinking about "Breadlady" this morning, too, as I woke up. Hope she's doing well tonight.

Well, I am officially a "Lucky # 7"!! I got a surgery date today... July 20th!! I am excited!!

Oh, I think I know where Crossville is!! Is there a whinery there near the interstate?? I think we stopped there with our RV a couple of times. We camped nearby & both times picked up about a case of Soft White!!
Yep! There's Stonehaus Winery and Chestnut Hill Winery. Stonehaus is off of exit 320 and Chestnut Hill is off of exit 322.

Phyl, Congrats on the date.:clap2:

Now you play the waiting game!!:faint:

Jackie, sounds like there's a real good chance you'll know something in the next few days. That's great.:scales:

Dini, where are you tonight? When you have a chance you'll have to update our calendar with some new names from this week. Just think, YOU GOT NEXT!!! One more week and you'll be in the BAND.

I think my medecine is working against me, because I'm so tired:bored, but I can't sleep because I can't breathe:eek:. This sucks. I need to get rid of this fast. Even the Dr. today told me to try Mucinex, even at this stage, so if anyone ever feels this way and thinking about Mucinex, go ahead and start it. He says it works in all stages. He perscribed Z-pak?? for me to take if my Tylenol Sinus doesn't start working in the next few days. I may go ahead and get it filled tomorrow anyway and start it, unless I try the Mucinex first.

I'm going to try to lay down again.:scalesno: Here's saying a prayer for breadlady that all went well today, and she's up walking the halls at the hospital.:lol:

WE'RE THINKING OF YOU!!

Yep! There's Stonehaus Winery and Chestnut Hill Winery. Stonehaus is off of exit 320 and Chestnut Hill is off of exit 322.

Chesnut Hill! That was it. Ohhhhh, that was good wine!

Even the Dr. today told me to try Mucinex, even at this stage, so if anyone ever feels this way and thinking about Mucinex, go ahead and start it. He says it works in all stages.
I LOVE the stuff that's in Mucinex. Just to warn you, though, you can get it cheaper under another brand. Go to Walgreens or some other drugstore and get the store brand or one of the other brands (blue and gray box, but I can't remember what it's called).
Chesnut Hill! That was it. Ohhhhh, that was good wine!
I live (when I'm in Crossville with my parents, at least) about a quarter of a mile from that winery.

I went to the seminar today,and doctor said that self-pays ( my insurance will not cover anything that has to do with weight loss) can get "under the knife" in about four weeks. So I am calling first thing tomorrow morning and scheduling my first appointment. I am a teacher, teaching summer school now, and will be off starting July 26th, so hopefully they can get me in that last week of July.

I am looking forward to being healthier, to having more energy, to being proud of myself... I want to look in the mirror and say Wow! instead of Yuck!

I am really, really hoping this will be a helpful tool for me.

I love reading everybody's replies. You're all a nice bunch.

WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!! :clap2: