Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi everyone.

Roc :clap2: Congratulations on getting a surgery date! Yeah!!!

Sunshine - Don't you just hate to wait? I'm so impatient! lol.

BreadLady - Thanks so much for sharing. It really helps to ease my fears having an idea of what to expect. I'm supposed to spend a night in the hospital too. What about everyone else? Are some of you going to be released the same day of surgery? Just curious.

Marcy and Chimboree, I want to be a "Hottie Jalottie" in January too!

I just love this group!

Dini, you are getting so close now. How are you doing? You will be in my prayers all the way!

Have an awesome weekend everyone! :P

I just bought a pair of Sarah Jessica Parker BITTEN jeans that are prominently hanging in my closet as inspiration (I hope to be strolling the pumpkin patch for our jack o'lantern in them). Anyone else have a little inspiration hanging in their closet?

Anyone else have a little inspiration hanging in their closet?

I have a denim jacket that I bought 20 years ago when I lost over 100# on a liquid diet. I didn't fit into it for long but it is the one thing I have never been able to throw away. I would LOVE to get back into it again someday!

Hi Nelli ~~~

I am scheduled to stay.... but I think if my surgery is early...they may let me go home...I sure hope so.....I don't want to stay....

:)Snaggletooth and Nelli,

Seriously I was very glad to stay in the hospital. I was so afraid when I first ate (liquids of course), first took a pill, first took the liquid pain meds that they were going to send me home with.

I found comfort in knowing I was somewhere where they could deal with anything that might come up. I would have been happy to spend a 2nd night and gone home the next day.

I had surgery Tuesday 6/19 @ 7:30 a.m. and went home Wednesday around 8:30 p.m.

I don't know if anyone else goes home early that next day but I didn't. There was a lot they wanted to know before they would release me. I had to have an Upper GI to make sure there was no leakage. Then later in the day I had to eat (broth and jell-o) to make sure that stayed down. Then later I had to take my regular Rx meds and see how that went. Then when they finally took me off the morphine I had to wait and then they wanted to give me the liquid pain meds I would be taking at home to make sure I didn't have a problem with them. They really did their job making sure all was in place before I was sent home. It really gave me a good comfort level. Also, they were always checking my incisions and taking my vitals which I think is good. That way any infection could be caught before I left.

Also, I'll tell you as hard as it was, painwise, to get out of the hospital bed to walk and pee...it was much harder at home.

I don't know if this will help any of you but I wanted to put it out there.

You know in this day and age they like to send you home bing bang. I am glad they didn't rush me and I am glad I don't live in a part of the country where it is day surgery. Maybe it's because I am older but I just felt much better about it.

My procedure is an out-patient surgery. I expect to be back home after four or five hours. Interesting how different everyone's experience is with this surgery.

Get this!! Today I was told by 2 different people that I was approved for bariatric surgery. I called the surgeon and got my date. Then a 3rd person from BCBS called to tell me I was approved (she didn't know I had already called 1 time to find out and someone else from there had called and told me I was approved). Anyway, she calls to tell me and I said thank you I know someone already called me and I scheduled my surgery. She then said well congratulations on you gastric bypass approval. I said WHAT!!!!! :omg: I am having the lap band. She said no your surgeon submitted for rouxenY and that is what was approved. I said I will not be having that so I will call my surgeon and see what we need to do now. Called surgeon's office who then called insurance and had to RESUBMIT my paperwork to get approval for lap band. 2 people at BCBS then told me they couldn't tell me if I would be approved or not because now everything was being reviewed again. Another women at BCBS (a nurse) told me she really thought it would be fine because my BMI is under 50 and I meet all the requirements for lap band as well as rouxenY. I was still nervous though and the surgeon's office knew it so at the end of the day the woman who submits to insurance through the surgeons office called BCBS and talked with them. She then phoned me and told me that she was told by the nurse to go ahead and keep the surgery date and proceed with things as we have scheduled because she can not tell us formally today that it is approved but she really does believe it will be approved because it was just a mess up on paperwork and I was approved for the more invasive surgery and my BMI is low enough for the lap band. GOOD GOD I HOPE SHE IS RIGHT!!!!! :P:faint:

Anyway, I am scheduled for surgery on July 23. Cross your fingers the women was right and they approve me for lap band also.

I am lucky though because we just faxed everything to insurance 2 days ago and we just got a decision today. They told me they would be sending my approval letter for the rouxenY and my FORMAL approval letter for lapband (providing it is approved) out next Monday so really the paper process has really not been all that long. Just the mix up has my nerves nutso!!!!!

So Lucky Sevens I get to join the rest of you losers on the wonderful journey we are about to embark upon!!! JULY 23 I WILL STEP TO THE PLATE AND TAKE MY SWING. MOVE OVER AND MAKE ROOM FOR ME.

Sorry for such the long rant...............just had to tell you all about my dilema. Goodness gracious I am glad that women congratulated me on my gastric bypass......what if I would have gotten on the table and woke up having things rerouted and cut out.:omg:

Goodness gracious I am glad that women congratulated me on my gastric bypass......what if I would have gotten on the table and woke up having things rerouted and cut out. __________________ ~Jackie~

aahhhh yes.....exactly why I don't want to spend anymore time than I have to at the hospital. ( I work at one....I know what can happen ) :faint:

Goodness gracious I am glad that women congratulated me on my gastric bypass......what if I would have gotten on the table and woke up having things rerouted and cut out.:omg:

Scary, very scary!:paranoid

Congratulations on your surgery date though! Wahoooo!!!

I've been reading all the posts for the July banders and decided to do my first ever post on a message board. I first considered lap-banding in 2003 but then decided to do the conventional diet and exercise route. Wellllll, that hasn't gone so great and I made the decision to have WLS.

I'm self pay so this is beyond huge for me. I will have surgery 7/12/07 in Tijuana, Mexico. I really have loved the feeling of this group and want all the support I can get!

Hello all...I'm here Dini..... my surgery is in 18 days!!!!!, getting closer and I'm so nervous and excited. I start my 2 week liquid pre-op on the 28th. Which means I have to go thru the 4th of July with no bar-b-que and my fiance's birthday with no celebration dinner.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have a question for those already on the liquid diet, which protien drinks keep you full the longest? I will be doing my shopping this week, I want to have an idea on what to buy.

Glad you finally decided to post:clap2:. This group is a great bunch! Truly.

Any questions feel free to post and I am sure they will get answered. You will get the support you need here.

Welcome to our group. If you get a chance fill in the poll I put up.

Have a great weekend. :P You are only 20 days away from your new life!!!

I've been reading all the posts for the July banders and decided to do my first ever post on a message board. I first considered lap-banding in 2003 but then decided to do the conventional diet and exercise route. Wellllll, that hasn't gone so great and I made the decision to have WLS.

I'm self pay so this is beyond huge for me. I will have surgery 7/12/07 in Tijuana, Mexico. I really have loved the feeling of this group and want all the support I can get!

Hi all

sorry i've not been around much, staff haven't been coming into work and its taking its toll on me i'm actually sleeping when i can now!!! (makes a change usually i dont sleep) Anyways staff his sorted now so i'm BACK

ROC & DIEKA welcome. we have an amazing group here, you'll love us!! friendly warm loving open-minded and non judgementive (sp)

I NEED SPELL CHECK ON THIS !!

welcome back FELICIA, good to have you back.

JACKIE your some lady i would have been earing my hair out and prop having a heart attack!

LYNETTE how's the walk going? hope alls well

BREADLADY thanks for all the super advice i'll be putting into pratice very soon

MARCYINAK maybe there is some sort of time when can all talk i'm usually up till all hours.

TANZY i too an very envious of the insurence approved i am self pay too 10.000 euro that encludes everything for the 1st year and if i need any other surgery its on them after the 1st year if i need fill i've gotta pay but i'm planning on getting al my fills done in the fist year

CHIMBOREE, you sound like you've lots to do.6 ap i only had bloods done thats all. i wish they could have done more to tell the truth.

NELLI i am so excited the only thing i'm scared of is how i'm going to manage my daughter after the opp she's a hands full in the best way ever. she loves kiss hugging me jumping on me. that will have to stop for a whie..

i was justing thinking to myself, when i first say this site and read the post 95% of people were from the states and i talk whats the point i'll have nothing in common with the folks here, thank jesus i posted anyways or i wouldn't have met you guys or have got the great advice and support you guys are giving..

HI TO ALL & LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE

ROCK ON LUCKY # SEVENS !!