Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Breadlady,

I had to giggle at your internet dilemma. My husband and I once drove around Bullhead City AZ, laptop turned on and searching, until we found an open network outside a real estate office. We camped in their parking lot while we got online and downloaded our email and uploaded some photos! so it brought back memories of an RV trip to AZ a couple of years ago! I say, if they leave it open and unprotected, go for it!

All of you having trouble uploading photo and configuring your tickers, I wish I could reach in to your computers and help you! I LOVE doing that techy stuff.

Ok, so what's the secret to getting a freakin' photo on here?

Well, I think I may be able to help.

Once you start a new post, click on the PAPERCLIP in the post...

Then find your picture that you want to post (by browsing)...

Then click UPLOAD...

Then click SUBMIT REPLY...

and tada!

Hope this helps!

Hi everyone

Dini - Good Luck on your Surgery tommorrow - will say a prayer for you tonite:girl_hug:

I haven't been on the computer all weekend,(was in the er with my 36 yr old son on Friday and had a party on Sat - Vegged yesterday) and had ton's of work today. Gotta get my desk cleaned up before 7/17 - I have been reading all the post since i was last here - Congrats to all you have dates, I was updating the calendar, but see that chimboree has already made a new and improve one :)

Well, failed my stress test now have to go have a nuclear one this coming friday - don't ask me how the expect a 52 yr old fat couch potato to run uphill for more than a minute :D),

Oh I havent have a cig for 2 days now... This is hard.... Gum isn't cutting it.. I don't know what's going to happen when i have my preop diet and can't smoke - i smoke when i am hungry.... well I have the pulmonary doctor visit tomorrow to tell me how i did on my breathing test, my chest xray and sleep test - hopefully my chest xray is clear That's my biggest concern - the tech who did my breathing test told me i was in the normal range for my height weight smoke etc.

Welcome to all the newbie and hi to all the other.. I am still getting to know everyone since i am new here myself...

ok hi everyone!

this is a really quicky post so sorry its so boring colour wise. BUT THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GOOD WISHES AND PRAYERS.

HOLY WILLIES I'M GOING TO GET BANDED NOW!!!!!

i'm just waiting on my taxi! i feel like i'm waiting on results or father christmas is about to come! its so not like me cos i'm not the 'butterfly in my tummy' kinda girl!

before i came downstairs i gave my little girl a kiss and said this is the 1st day of both our new lives cos its not just for me i'm doing this is for her also!! ok not so short after all.

i'm going to try post later after my opp!

xoxox to everyone !!

All,

Please see the attached calendar. It's the latest and greatest. Let me know if there's something that needs fixing!

Thanks you guys!

Hi Chimboree. When you get a chance, would you please add me to the 25th of July? Thanks a bunch! :)

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site, but I do have a banding date: July 11th! I'm excited, nervous, anxious and not sure about it all, but excited to join the banded.

Caolin

Seminar: Dr. Oh, Federal Way, WA 4/16/07

Seminar: Dr. Michaelsen, Everett, WA 5/10/07

Going with Northwest Weight Loss Surgery (from second seminar)

Consultation/Psych./Nurse-Nutritionist: 6/19/07

Sleep Test: Still awaiting a day!

Pre-Op liquids: start 7/4/07

Pre-Op Appt.: 7/6/07

Surgery day: 7/11/07

Welcom Caolin! I've heard good things about NWLS...from a doc at Southwest WLS (I think they're partners).

Wow...I just looked at the time...Dini should be in recovery now! She's BANDED! My, my...two down!

Now on to more serious matters:

OK, this is suckin'! Dr. K said I didn't have to start my low-carb diet until this Friday, but I decided it wouldn't hurt to just start today and get it over with! I can't believe people survive on Atkins' diet of death! I need something crunchy (and Romaine hearts just ain't cuttin' it). Also, I keep hearing that Protein fills you and makes you feel satisfied longer...WHATEVER! I feel like I'm starving! And, believe me, I AM eating! I've had a ton of Water too! I'm very frustrated!

It doesn't help that my kids were being little stinkers most of the day. At a playgroup where we were the only ones there for a while...my kids had their pick of big-wheels, toys, balls, etc. and they had to argue with eachother over who gets what and who was playing with whatever! AAAHHHH!!!! I was actually so exhausted by it all that I fell asleep at the table this afternoon! Things got better this afternoon, but I don't know if I can do another day of it! Maybe there'll be a snowstorm tomorrow?!

I can't remember who told me how to add a picture, but thanks for the info...I've not used the "reply to thread" I just use the quick reply, but now, by George, I've got it! :clap2:

Here's a picture of me and my daughter, Stormy from last month. It finally "greened" up here so it doesn't look so dirty...although our yard is made up of dirt and rocks.

post-219385-13813135140128_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I am so glad I found this site. I am also being banded in July on the 11th. Tomorrow I start my two week liquid/veggie pre op diet. On Monday I have to do my pre op testing at the hospital and a final meeting with the surgeon. I can hardly believe that it is finally around the corner and I don't know if I am nervous or excited or both.

All,

Please see the attached calendar. It's the latest and greatest. Let me know if there's something that needs fixing!

Thanks you guys!

Chimboree calendar looks great. Looks even better since you were able to officially add me.:)

Hey there guys. Just wanted to give you an update on the progress of my surgery date.. I just had my meeting with my surgeon and I have all the pre tests done. Now I am just waiting for the insurance approval. They tell me that it could be 4-6 weeks before I will be approved. Gee.... With that being said , I am not sure if I will have my surgery in July or August of 2007. O well I have waited this long, I suppose a few more weeks will not hurt huh? Thanks for all the wonderful info.

Nulife2be

Hey guys just trying to spruce up my personal thread. I just figured out how to download a picture..... Thanks:whoo:

post-218893-13813135144673_thumb.jpg

:help:Ok I am needing to know how to start the weight loss tickler at the end of each thread and how do you put a picture under your name??? I thought I might have it figured out but,,,,, NO not yet.... Please help.......

Nulife2be:confused:

post-218893-13813135144725_thumb.jpg

Dover, welcome to the Lucky 7's. We're a great bunch looking forward to sharing every last experience with each other. Congrats on getting a date.

nulife2be, even if you get banded in August you can still stay with out thread. We're happy to have you here. For the ticker, go to tickerfactory.com and choose a ticker, copy it, come to this site and go under Quick links at the top od the page. Go down to edit signiture. When the page comes up, paste the ticker in the box. I also went to glittermaker.com to do my name. Same procedure as the ticker. Good luck and if I can help let me know.

Hope everyone is doing well. Can't wait to hear from Dini. Hope she's getting around good and on her way to a smooth recovery like Breadlady. Still can't believe she's camping, 1 week post op!!

I have 2 more days of work. I have my pre op testing at the hospital on Friday morning so I took the whole day off. I'm having dinner with friends tonight, last one for a while anyway, and I pretty much planned out the restraunts I want to eat at before Sunday. I'm not over doing it, just wanted a last meal at some places. It's funny, but the food I've ate for years that were my favorites haven't tasted the same in the last 2 weeks. I hope I remember that after I'm banded, then I won't want it so much. This is the week I'm glad for no pre op diet. I really feel for all of you that have one. I asked my Dr. about a pre op diet and he said it isn't as important before as it is after, and he doesn't want his patients to be burned out on the liquids, so he doesn't require one.