Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello All,

Welcome cazulay, lyssarene, and jadieleigh.

Chimboree, I think we're going to run out of space on the calendar with all the new names. This is great. Who would of thought there would be this many of us getting banded in July. Oh BTW, I don't smell anything!

I'll probably have nightmare tonight about Dini's bad day. I still fel so bad for her. This is supposed to be hard, I know, but it seems like she had it real rough.

Yes, I am on deck, even though today was my original date to be banded and it was postponed until July 2, but I've got next (as of now) I have me pre-op at the hospital on Friday morning. Tomorrow is my last day at work. I received my oficial letter from my corporate office granting my medical leave. I've been having little panic attacks lately. The hospital called to get my pre admitting info for the testing done today and they ask all the regular info, and then they ask if I have a living will and POA. Yes I do, and they asked if the hospital had a copy of it. No they don't. Not the questions you want to have asked, but I guess they have to cover their bases.

I've downloaded all my new favorite music on my MP3 so I can take it with me to the hospital, and have it for walks when I get home. I still need to buy a short sleeved robe for the hospital, but I may skip it.

Everytime I walk into Walmart I try to think if there is anything else that I need. I have a list, but never put it im my purse, and Walmart is always one of those spontaneous stops my hubby likes to take, so I'm never prepared. I walk around scattered brained trying to think of things I may need.

It's geting late, for me anyway, so I'm heading to bed. Have a great night all.

I forgot to tell ya'll. I ordered my Medical Alert ID Bracelet from Lauren's Hope (Lauren's Hope - Medical ID Bracelets, Medical ID Watches, Mothers Bracelets, and 14k Gold Bracelets) and I got it yesterday. I LOVE it! At first, I didn't think I needed one, but I was reading a thread on here and it convinced me. Here's what I put on mine:

Name

Gastric Band Patient

No Blind NG Tube

No NSAIDs

I've attached a pic of it, too.

I just don't want to ever be in a position where I'm unconscious and can't tell those that need to know, that I have a band. They could do unknowingly do some damage.

Medical Alert Bracelet.bmp

Hello Everyone !!!

I finally got the official word today....Approved !!!... So now it's smooth sailing to the 6th !!!! OK....NOW I'M SCARED !!!!! :eek:

Hi Dini.... sayin prayers for you..hope you're feeling better soon !!

Breadlady... are you IN the lake...makin' bubbles ??? he he he

Hello Everyone !!!

I finally got the official word today....Approved !!!... So now it's smooth sailing to the 6th !!!! OK....NOW I'M SCARED !!!!! :eek:

Hi Dini.... sayin prayers for you..hope you're feeling better soon !!

Breadlady... are you IN the lake...makin' bubbles ??? he he he

YAYYYYY!!!! I heard that huge sigh of relief. Is your surgery on the 5th or 6th? B/C you're on the 5th on our calendar. Just let me know and we'll update it. You're too funny asking Breadlady if she's making bubbles! LOL!! :biggrin1:

Yes, Dini Bini, we hope you're feeling better.:hug:

Boy have I been the little chatterbox today??? :laugh

Chimboree.. I'm on for the 6th. I'm giving the doc one day to recover from partying on the 4th !!......

BTW.... one of my goals is to be able to sit with my knees bent and my arms wrapped around them.... if you can picture what I mean.

Also... I share that towel fantasy !!!! (No gaps)

g < ?

Chimboree, What a good idea. I have thought of several things I wanted to be able to do and I am going to write them down and post them here at my computer so I can add to the list as new things come to mind. Anyway here are a few I think of first....

Being able the sit in a chair and cross my legs like all of the other

"ladies"

Being able to fasten the seat belt in any car I ride in.

Being able to fly and feel comfortable in the seat and the person

next to me being comfortable too.

Wearing shorts!

Being able to tye my shoes without pain in my gut!

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Chimboree, thanks for pointing out my spot on the calendar. I was in such a hurry to claim my prized spot I completely missed it! I loved your goals for weight loss, what is it with the towel thing? That is my most favorite memory from the last time I was thin which was over a decade ago.

Breadylady, I have really enjoyed reading your updates on how post op life has been so far for your. The detailed gas info had me cracking up!

Dini, I'm sorry to hear about your negative experiences thus far. As a nurse, I can tell you each day will get better a little at a time. What is up with this shoulder pain thing? I haven't heard about this as a common side effect after surgery. Is it getting bettery yet? Hang in there Dini, you're in my thoughts!:clap2:

I was doing great on the pre-op diet (all 700 calories of it) but I've hit the wall these last few days. This week is my last week at work and it has been stressful, plus lots of "let's go out for lunch to say goodbye" kind of stuff, so I've slipped more than a couple times in the last couple days. I'm not stressing about it because I've lost 10 of the 15 pounds the doctor wanted. I can't imagine he'll cancel my surgery next week over five pound.

But even so, I am getting back on the pre-op diet bandwagon tomorrow and on Friday I see my doc for my final pre-op appointment.

One week to go!

I'm feeling somewhat guilty. I chose my user name because at the time it fitted me perfectly. I'm not longer "frustrated" because my insurance company approved me just last week after successfully appealing their decision to deny me.

I was fortunate enough to be able to deal with someone with common sense when the original person I dealt with went on vacation. When she called me last week and told me I'd been approved I was ecstatic. The moment I hung up the phone I started having doubts. Even though she said I'd been approved, I still hadn't received my approval letter. So I then wallowed for 7 days. It arrived in the mail Monday.

The celebrations began once again. Then I started thinking, well what if it's not worded to the satisfactory of my surgeon, Dr Cribbins, Dallas Texas? Again my emotions plummeted. But I spoke with his surgery co-ordinator and she assured me that yes, I was approved. I had her repeat it several times during our conversation as we set up appointments for pre-op visits and tests. I asked her one final time before hanging up.

My surgery date is scheduled for July 26. Plenty of time for many more roller-coaster emotions no doubt. :eek:

I believe my surgery should be scheduled during July. I'm so excited. I've been overweight my whole life... I've tried almost every diet out there. I'm 17 now and I'm SO ready to change!

Wow! I don't check in for a day and we moved like 3 pages. lol.

Welcome to all the new people. Seems to be more coming on every day!

Dini I'm so sorry you are having some trouble. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Chimboree, my little surgery buddy, thank you for adding me to your calendar. I soooo love your list. I can relate to everything on it. I'm going to Fiji next June and would really love to go scuba diving. I've never even considered doing anything like that before.

I would love to get into any booth in a restaurant and not be squeezed too tight.

I want to shop in a clothing store that only goes up to 14's.

I want to look good with my shirt tucked in.

Just a few I can think of this late.

I believe my surgery should be scheduled during July. I'm so excited. I've been overweight my whole life... I've tried almost every diet out there. I'm 17 now and I'm SO ready to change!

:clap2:Congratulations and welcome! I've been overweight all my life too. I just have a few more years on me. lol.

I've done 2 amazing things this week.

Yesterday I went to a new gym for the first time. I loved it. I went back tonight after work and got on the treadmill. I am completely shocked how much more fun it was to walk on their treadmill than on the one I have at home. lol.

Tonight I went to my first lapband support group. It was wonderful. There were people there who were banded 3 and 4 months ago who had lost 50+ lbs. I can't wait for it to be me! It was very interesting and super supportive. I want all the support I can get. lol.

To all of you on the liquid diet, hang in there! I'll be joining you in a couple of weeks. I've decided to do it for 2 weeks even though my surgeon only requires 1. I want to drop as much as I can before surgery.

Marcy, what an adorable family!

BreadLady, you are my inspiration!

Frustrated, I'm playing the waiting game now. Congratulations on your insurance approval and your surgery date! You too Snaggletooth!

Sorry, guess I was a chatterbox tonight too.

Chimboree, thanks for posting a pic of the Bracelet. I didn't know they made them to look so pretty.

Hope everyone has an awesome day tomorrow. 1 day closer! Nite:notagree

MrShorne,

Me too! I startid the liquid diet last saturday and have lost over10 Lbs already! and frankly I realy havent been that hungry or felt deprived.

Surgerys 7/3/07 too! and can hardly wait!