Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

"I think the biggest help to me was this "bandage" if discovered and placed around my abdominal area what a world of differnece. I thinkI read about it somewhere on this site. I highly recommend it if you are thinking about it. "

Hi Breadlady-

Could you explain what tis "bandage" is? Thanks

:clap2: Thanks for your help Breadlady. I think I've got it somewhat figured out. I'm still :cry curious though to know if you got any sleep the night before your surgery - and how it effected your recovery. - Corinna

Hello All.

Welcome to all the new comers. I hope I'm going to get all the names but here goes: Jackie, Dieka, lainy and replicatr. We just keep growing.

Breadlady, I'm so glad your wedding went well. You're a brave one, not even 1 week post op yet. How's your hubby and kids handling it so far? Do you even feel like making dinner for them? especially since you can't eat? That's going to be a hard one for me.

Dini, where you been. Only 2 days. It's coming up quickly. I sat down today and thought about my day, and I stated to panic a little. One week from tomorrow, and it's like it's just hitting me.

I got my 'magic bullet'- the blender on Friday. Haven't been able to get it out of the box yet, but plan to make some different things this week.

Question for everyone out there. What kind of unflavored Protein Powder do you plan to use? and where did you find it? I went to GNC and found one called virtually tasteless ON 100% any whey Protein. Has anyone tried this yet? Just what to get some suggestions, I'm having a hard time finding unflavored powder for Soups, etc. The flavored Body Fortress I found at Walmart doesn't have an unflavored powder. The GNC was pretty expensive for the size. 1.35 lbs, and it was $25.99.

I got the flavored 5 lbs. for $12. Big difference.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll check back in a little bit. It's time to eat.

HELLO EVERYONE!

I taught i got the staff sorted but i was wrong again one didn't come into work. only back now 2.15 am crazy!!! ok i've had my rant how is everyone doing?? everyone on-pre diets you guys well??

so where do i start?? HELLO EVERYONE !!!

Breadlady how you doing? you did so well at the wedding. congrats i prob would not have gone!! how are you finding it adjusting to life with the band? regarding lifting stuff hoe's that and also driving have you tried that?

Ashrea welcome back hope all is well with you.

Raplicatr, congratulations on your date it will fly in and also welcome to our humble palace Lucky # Sevens!!!

Iainy, hello there someone a little closer to my neck of the woods! i'm in Dublin where about in the uk are you? i lived in bristols for 3 years just got back in nov. My partner is Welsh/English, Somerset and Pembrokeshire. welcome and again your going to love us were like a big family EXCEPT we all get on!!!!

Lynette my little sausage how are you? Holy willies its like almost there! HELP. how did the walking go? did you make lots of cash for the Cancer Research?

Maybe this is too much info but hey i might as well share! i just got my periods and since having Annafrancesca they are so sore (b4 i never felt them) i hope that this doesn't make blood clots easier when i have the opp. Also i'm going to be even more uncomfortable. this is just bloody typical..

I see JFK and Nelli are on line how you guys going?

Holy shit 28 hours till i get banded

:clap2: Thanks for your help Breadlady. I think I've got it somewhat figured out. I'm still :cry curious though to know if you got any sleep the night before your surgery - and how it effected your recovery. - Corinna

Hi,

I see you're still having trouble with the ticker. Will try to help with clearer directions.

Go to TickerFactory.com to build your ticker... if you click on that address in anyone's signature, your browser should take you to the site. After you configure it just the way you want it & click on "Next", you will see boxes on the right with differet types of "code" to paste in to your signature. Highlight & right click on the one in the "bbCode" box & choose "copy". Then come back to this site, click on "UserCP" at the top of the page & choose "edit signature". When the box opens up to your signature, put your cursor in the Edit box & right click again, choose "paste" & then preview the signature & see if it looks right. If so, click on save & you should be in business! Hope it works for you. It took me a few times to figure it out.

Thanks. Im attempting to stay involved, but between work and school, and the fact that these boards move so damn fast, it's hard!

~*Ash*~

<p>

"I think the biggest help to me was this "bandage" if discovered and placed around my abdominal area what a world of difference. I thinkI read about it somewhere on this site. I highly recommend it if you are thinking about it. "</p> <p> </p> <p>Hi Breadlady-</p> <p> </p> <p>Could you explain what tis "bandage" is? Thanks
</p> <p> </p> <p>I got it at the pharmacy. It's called an Abdominal Binder. The box says "Uses: Post surgical support, Post-Childbirth, Abdominal/Back support "</p> <p> </p> <p>The company that makes the one I bought has a website. I haven't been there but the site on the box says www.dalemed.com </p> <p> </p> <p>I paid $22 but I am sure I could have purchased it cheaper. I bought it at the local drug store. I bet Wal*Mart or Target probably have it for less.</p> <p> </p> <p>I hope this helps.</p>

I drove around today and did some errands. I've been shopping. Had to go to Wal*Mart today and get all the stuff my son needs for summer camp. I had him push the carriage (with my purse in it) and it probably took us a good 1.5 hours in there. Much to buy. I was definitely tired when we were done. I did it though.

I still sleep propped up with many pillows. It's hard because I am a stomach/side sleeper and that just isn't an option at this point it's too uncomfortable.

I have not lifted anything heavier than my laptop. I am being very careful in that area. To me it seems to be very important - now whether that's the case or not I don't know.

Tomorrow I plan to drive up to where we camp in the summer. That will be a 2 hour ride. Should be interesting. I have a friend up there and she said not to worry she would help me in any way she can. So that's a blessing!

Can't remember who asked about my sleep the night before surgery. I can't remember but I believe I ended up taking a Xanax (I use them when I can't sleep) and so I probably slept 3-4 hours maybe. I don't think it affected my recovery. Especially since I slept like crazy in the hospital. If I wasn't walking I was dozing. Gotta love Mr. Morphine ;) Also, all the sleeping in the hospital did not throw off my sleep pattern at home which was nice.

Lynette - you asked about cooking. What is that I can't really remember. Haven't done it since I came home. My husband hasn't even given me a hard time about it. Now this week I won't really cook because I will be at camp and so it will just be me and the kids. They don't care what they eat. I feed them healthy though.

Lynette what is you who asked about Protein Drinks? I buy Jay Robb's Whey Protein at Whole Foods. It's expensive but It's hard to find a protein powder that isn't full of soy, sugar or artificial sweetener (I can't take that stuff). His stuff is sweetened with Stevia which is growing on me.

Hope I didn't forget to answer anyone's question if I did just pipe up.

Hope all this helps. :)

BreadLady, Cherrybomb, jfk, Nelli, wrangler054, and our 2 guests

hope you guys are well ? !

Hi Dini. Sorry I missed you. It is 10:00 pm here PST. I left myself logged in all day but just got back to the board.

:clap2:You are so close to your surgery now, I know I would be too excited to sleep! lol.

Be sure to let us know how things went as soon as you are able.

Hi everyone,

Welcome to all the newbies! You will find support here anytime you need it!

BreadLady, let me know how the camping thing works out. I'm scheduled to be banded on a Wednesday and my whole family is going camping for the week starting Sunday. Do you think that might be too soon? There will be motorhomes and tents. I'm considering taking my recliner with me too. lol. How weird is that? I just hate to miss out, you know?

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Time for bed. lol. :notagree

Dini - Thanks for trying to include me with the chat...really, my patience level sucks so bad that I'd be irritated with my internet connection and I would feel more pissed off than satisfied with a good chat, if you know what I mean? I'm excited for you...so soon now! I wouldn't worry about your little girl climbing on you (mines 20mo.)...they can be incredibly gentile! Just let her know you have an "owie" on your tummy and she will help take care of you. We just got some baby chicks yesterday and my little Stormy is so gentle with them! (Of course, it took some practice! But after a few minutes, she had it down and can hold them gently now.)

My internet connection is not as fast as it should be so reading the thread is a pain in the keester! This is probly why you don't hear from me often...takes forever to read then I don't really want to post.

I don't HAVE to start my pre-op diet until Friday, but I'm going to start tomorrow...more of a "proving it to myself" thing. It's the low-carb, high Protein diet (no liquid diet for me!). Pretty much Atkins' induction. We'll just see how it goes. I think I'll be able to handle it...I'll just take the kids to the beach and roast a lot of hot dogs!

I'm going to try to post some pictures of Nome...we'll just see how that goes!

Hi everyone,

Welcome to all the newbies! You will find support here anytime you need it!

BreadLady, let me know how the camping thing works out. I'm scheduled to be banded on a Wednesday and my whole family is going camping for the week starting Sunday. Do you think that might be too soon? There will be motorhomes and tents. I'm considering taking my recliner with me too. lol. How weird is that? I just hate to miss out, you know?

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Time for bed. lol. :notagree

I have a trailer with all the comforts of home just not as much to clean that is why I can't wait to get there. It's on a lake with tons of kids for my kids to play with.

I will try to post how it's going, it's just not easy to get to the internet, which I thought would bother me as I'm a junkie, but I did fine last summer it was actually nice ;) But of course I didn't have you all last year!!!! So I'm going to have to try and check in more so I can see how everyone is doing.

NOW as far as camping. If you are going to do a tent I don't know if I would recommend that. If you want to try it bring lots of pillows. Last night was the first night I didn't sleep in an almost sitting position. Actually one of those plastic recliners might be great for you. Just thought of that.

I wouldn't want to miss out either. I would be doing my best to take whatever I need to that I could do it. I say go for it just really plan and make sure you've got what you need for recovery. Make sure you have your liquid Tylenol, Gas-X and "food" if you want to call it that.

We walk everywhere at camp so assuming it's the same for you that will be great for your recovery. And hey if you don't want to do too much workwise you can use the excuse you just had surgery. :)

Hope all goes well. :clap2: