Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hey Everyone,

It's been quite depressing around here. Yesterday when I went to see my Mom, the door was closed and there was a letter on the door about seeing the nurse and communicable disease. They said her stool tested positive for a resistant bacteria. I slightly flipped a little. I want to know when she got this. So she went to look at the results to see when she was first tested for this. I went in the room. She had a letter she had signed that said they were recommending home health care. I went talk to them about that cause the dr told me she was recommending rehab facility. The social worker told me she doesn't qualify. So I made the decision to sign up for a nursing home. She needs 4 shots a day. There is no one to give her that. Home health comes 2 or 3 times a week. Seeing her is very hard. She looks terrible. She says, "I'm so tired, I'm so tired." She just sits and stares or sleeps. When I talked to the nurse before I left she said the dr was just here and he thinks the bac. is just part of her floura. What???

I don't understand this.... if the doctor says she needs to go to rehab, I thought Medicare had to pay. Social worker shouldn't have the authority to say she "doesn't qualify"! I know you have a lot on your plate, but I'd get a little militant about that! Sorry to hear about the infection!

We are taking state wide testing at school this week. One of students, 14 yrs old, went to the mall with two of our other students last night, and he dropped dead. Just dropped dead walking and talking to his friends. Yesterday, he was laughing and playing in the yard at school after lunch. He had asthma, but we do not know why he died. He was not having an attack. Needless to say, today was very traumatic for the students. The state let us cancel testing. The trauma team came in. We had kids crying everywhere.

So very , very sorry! Really sad! Sudden death... sounds like maybe a heart thing.

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,370;160;57;59

Friday num bers....

This has been a hard week for everyone, we need to turn this around...while we morn (sp) the loss of a student and our parent's health we need to take charge of our thoughts. I am not good at this, but I am going to give it a try, if I offend anyone in the process, please forgive me, I want us to focus on what we are graitful (sp) for: spring is on its way, supportive friends, love, a chance at a new life, turning the page, children, sun, honoring breast cancer survivors, warm puppies,... I am graitful (sp) for all of these things and more. We will overcome the challenges and be stronger. You are all in my thoughts are prayers, we shall conquer!

Yes Karla, it has been a tough week. Mine seems to have been one of the easier. We do need to Celebrate our successes, look to our future, and count our blessings. It's just very hard to do that sometimes.

On a good note, I'm making suckers today. I have made 70 without burning any. I've designed my tags but they won't print in dh's printer on cardstock. I'm sending them to the shop for him to print there and then we'll feed the cardstock through the copier, but I wanted to check them first. So I'm ready for my first fundraiser, I believe.

Talked to a quilter friend of mine and she said she would charge me $50 plus the cost of materials for making me a quilt to raffle. I don't think I can swing that. Materials for a star quilt in and of itself are going to run me at least that much. So I'm feeling a little defeated at that.

what else??? DH and Nick got haircuts today. That just leaves Jai, before Easter. I'm going to bob it up to chin level and hope that it feels and looks a little fuller that way.

Good food so far today. Think I'm going to go out for dinner tomorrow instead of today so I have to figure something out there.

Okay...off to make another batch of bubble gum suckers....hope they turn out better than they did last night. Those ones will rip out fillings for sure! Later ladies.

Love you.

Denise, I'm so sorry to hear about the status of your mom. My mom has Alzheimer's and is in a nursing home. It's a really nice one but it's sad to see her like that.

I can't even imagine the pain and shock that poor 14 YO's family and friends must be going through. At 14, you're supposed to be invincible. It makes me want to hold my children and never let them out of sight.

O.k. now its time to catch up.

Stephanie; I am sorry to have to decline the Quilt making. I am up too my eyeballs in requests right now. I am working on completing my 4th quilt of this Winter... Its a double bed size. Not meant for anyone in particular.. just making it.

THen, My DS wants to commission me to make a queen size for my Nephew and his wife.

THen I have the queen size that I've been meaning to make(finish) for my guest room bed... Yellow and Navy...

I will support you in your charity run... but it will probably just be with $$$

Janet; glad you had a super time on your cruise... You DO know how to have fun.... glad you taught those young'ins a thing or two.

PHyl; how's your foray into the pool antics going? No more nasty remarks from the ol' biddies? You just set them straight o.k.?

Car; Thanks I got the invoice, will probably look after that on payday... I am getting so excited about FRANCE... my daughter is trying to convince me to buy a rail pass as well... so we can visit Spain and other (Northern) parts of France... I don't know... the beach sounds good enough for me!!! Plus I LOVE history, so I plan on seeing all the museaums and art galleries that I can. oh yeah, and the WINERIES!!!!!!

Karla; Glad you are home safe and sound. You are at an exciting time in BANDSTER life right now.. all the anticipation for upcoming weight loss... and just think You will NOT have to gain/lose, gain/lose ever again... It will be a completly DOWNWARD SPRIRAL!!! YEah,,, that is the best thing about being banded... although I am a slow loser, I at least don't go back up!!!! I am down 65 lbs that are NEVER coming back... Yippee.... I am so happy for you.

Only one word of advise.... (sorry I know you didn't ask) do not eat any of your old binge foods...... don't even taste.... just keep up with your suggested eating menus from your surgeon... you'll do great.

Karri; I am so proud of you, your running and excersise... you have inspired me... I am walking/running(a tiny bit) on the treadmill at gym... my daughter has taken up a run/walk routine as well... I am just going to set a minute timer and run everyonce in a while... I only worry about running cause of all the Pelvic Floor surgeries that I havd had over the years. Don't want to mess that up, but I'd like to BURN the calories that you get with jogging???? Anyone got any ideas???

Linda; I know you are lurking GF... I am anxiously waiting to see you agian in JULY... less than 4 mos away you know!!! Is all the Ice and crappy dirty snow melting in WIsconcin??? It must be as ours is going away too.. I can actually see my front lawn again (its dead and brown looking) but I saw croccus's coming out of the dirt in the back yard yesterday!!! YEAH, SPRING!!!! Canadians get absolutly delerious this time of year.. we start walking around in shorts etc.... we are CRAZY.

Donna; our little adopted BABY, how are you doing??? We are so glad that you joined our squad of losers!!!!

Denise; HUGS to you GF and keep your chin up.

Kari; in Michigan... where are you????? Enjoy your meltdown too... Let me know what the 1st thing you see in your garden come up... Any birds back??? I saw a ROBIN last week... my DH says I was llying... can you beleive it???

Hugs to all, hope I didnt' forget anyone

Peaches

Stephanie; I am sorry to have to decline the Quilt making. I am up too my eyeballs in requests right now. I am working on completing my 4th quilt of this Winter... Its a double bed size. Not meant for anyone in particular.. just making it.

I'm going to see if my DIL might do it.

Janet; glad you had a super time on your cruise... You DO know how to have fun.... glad you taught those young'ins a thing or two.

UH..... Where the heck IS Janet????

I don't think she's posted since Friday afternoon...

Did she run away with Trace??

PHyl; how's your foray into the pool antics going? No more nasty remarks from the ol' biddies? You just set them straight o.k.?

No more pool antics. It's starting to feel like a ghost town around here. Lots of "Canuks" leaving... our neighbors across the street from B.C. are all packed up and ready to leave in the morning. Choir huddled around the piano to sing this morning because we're down from 30 to TEN! And we're back to one service instead of two so I was LATE for choir this morning. We have a "last chance workout" just before the service. I sneaked in in the middle of the song we were rehearsing.

Car; Thanks I got the invoice, will probably look after that on payday... I am getting so excited about FRANCE... my daughter is trying to convince me to buy a rail pass as well... so we can visit Spain and other (Northern) parts of France... I don't know... the beach sounds good enough for me!!! Plus I LOVE history, so I plan on seeing all the museaums and art galleries that I can. oh yeah, and the WINERIES!!!!!!

Karla; Glad you are home safe and sound. You are at an exciting time in BANDSTER life right now.. all the anticipation for upcoming weight loss... and just think You will NOT have to gain/lose, gain/lose ever again... It will be a completly DOWNWARD SPIRAL!!! YEah,,, that is the best thing about being banded... although I am a slow loser, I at least don't go back up!!!! I am down 65 lbs that are NEVER coming back... Yippee.... I am so happy for you.

Only one word of advise.... (sorry I know you didn't ask) do not eat any of your old binge foods...... don't even taste.... just keep up with your suggested eating menus from your surgeon... you'll do great.

Karri; I am so proud of you, your running and exercise... you have inspired me... I am walking/running(a tiny bit) on the treadmill at gym... my daughter has taken up a run/walk routine as well... I am just going to set a minute timer and run every once in a while... I only worry about running cause of all the Pelvic Floor surgeries that I havd had over the years. Don't want to mess that up, but I'd like to BURN the calories that you get with jogging???? Anyone got any ideas???

Linda; I know you are lurking GF... I am anxiously waiting to see you agian in JULY... less than 4 mos away you know!!! Is all the Ice and crappy dirty snow melting in WIsconcin??? It must be as ours is going away too.. I can actually see my front lawn again (its dead and brown looking) but I saw croccus's coming out of the dirt in the back yard yesterday!!! YEAH, SPRING!!!! Canadians get absolutly delerious this time of year.. we start walking around in shorts etc.... we are CRAZY.

Donna; our little adopted BABY, how are you doing??? We are so glad that you joined our squad of losers!!!!

Denise; HUGS to you GF and keep your chin up.

Kari; in Michigan... where are you????? Enjoy your meltdown too... Let me know what the 1st thing you see in your garden come up... Any birds back??? I saw a ROBIN last week... my DH says I was llying... can you beleive it???

Hugs to all, hope I didnt' forget anyone

Peaches

If Janet doesn't post pretty soon,

I'm going to call her AGAIN!!

It's NEXT weekend she's going up to her son's, right??

:):thumbup::eek::):biggrin:

Okay girls, I have not been here in awhile but always rely on you guys for help. I was before the band on effexor (for depression) since i got to my sweet spot about a year ago I took myself off. I know bad but know i need something and my family physician has no clue. My lapband dr. thinks maybe a physic eval before he will prescribe. I am private pay so this could run me up a bill so was wondering if anybody out there has a suggestion. I hope not to need for long if they can fix the female problems i am having, but will need something to keep sane till then, Thanks for any help...

Bethgrove- google antipressants, read up, decide what you want to try and ask your dr to prescribe it. My Mom went from Effexor to Lexapro.

I've been on Trofanil/imiprimine for 18yrs for panic attacks.

Ones I've heard of: lexapro, wellbutrin, paxil, cellaxa

There is one they say doesn't cause weight gain. I'd google antipressant that doesn't cause weight gain.

Beth, I don't know what it costs without insurance, but there is a generic of zoloft and I get mine for $8 a month for the generic.

It is very important not to take your mental health into your own hands....except that when your family physician doesn't know what he is doing. Will he send you to someone who does? Nothing is worse than feeling horrible mentally. and as Janet says, this band experience is 90% mental and if we aren't okay mentally, how can we expect to do well with our bands.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide to do.

Called Janet a litle while ago. She's fine.. just busy!

Glad you made it home. Hope you had a good time even if the weather didn't cooperate. Since it was a postponed honeymoon, it didn't matter what the weather outside was, did it?

Let's see. time to respond to posts.

Candace - woke up this morning to 4-6 inches of snow. Thinking of going back to bed. One good thing about April snow storms in Michigan is that they don't last long and after it melts, spring has sprung. DH went out this morning and shoveled the grass. I saw a fat robin really enjoying it cause he could find worms.

Beth - forget Paxil. I was on it but just before I was banded, my psychiatrist weaned me off it and put me on Zoloft. The paxil quit working for me and the Dr. said that is not weight friendly. I'm not sure if I understand this, but if your doctor doesn't know you quit taking your antidepressant, just call him and tell him you quit taking it cause you thought you could handle things but now, a year later you can't and you need something.

I haven't gone for a fill yet but it will be soon. But I'm still not sure I need one. One day, I can eat anything and lots of it and another day, I do nothing but burp all day. I'm thinking maybe it's mostly head hunger. Seems like a few us are suffering from this here. Maybe this is normal????

OKAY, I'M OUT OF HERE. ALL THIS SNOW IS MAKING ME DEPRESSED AND YOU ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS THEN. HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL AND TTYL.

We are testing today, and I can not stay awake. I have one kid in my office testing, because he couldn't behave in his class. I'm gonna need to hold my eyes open with toothpicks!!! OMG, I hate not being able to stay awake.

OHHHH, this is sooooo freaking boring!!!!

:smile2::closedeyes::smile::closedeyes: