Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi ladies. Quiet around here lately. Candice must still be trying to catch up...or too busy with her new modeling career now that she has such beautiful teeth. Janet is still trying to get over pulling a couple of teenagers along to keep up with her....it's hard to pull all that dead weight :smile2:) Car is trying to get her house ready for Candice's 2nd honeymoon. Denise is taking care of mom. Kari probably finally went in for a fill. Karri is ALWAYS busy with school. Karla is flying back from San Diego. Might be in SLC by now. Should hear from her soon. I can't think of an excuse for Phyl. Oh yeah, she's getting ready to get ready for her cruise :))

I guess I'm the only one around here who still has NOTHING to do. Going crazy. Hate this. Want a nap. Should go for a walk.

OMG!! Speaking of walks!!!! I have to share with you this walking training schedule. It's no wonder they don't share it with you until AFTER you sign up! every tues for 11 weeks you walk 3 miles then they begin to up the ante but it's not that bad. Most is 6 miles, then on Wed. you dod some sosrt of moderate cardio. Then on Thurs. you walk between 3 and 6 miles, Friday some sort of cardio for 30-45 mins. Then hell starts. Saturday the furst week is only 3, but then it's up up up from there until you are doing 15-18 miles those days. Then on sundays it's not QUITE as bad somewhere between 3 and 15. Mondays you get off for good behavior I guess. I may die! What have I gotten myself into? Who's crazy idea was this? Holy Cats! breath steph breath. Think positive. I'm positive it is going to kill me! Anyways, each week you walk between 12 and 45 miles. And in order to get all the weeks in I either have to start in the middle of the schedule or knock out one of the final weeks. I decided to knock out one of the smaller later weeks, but HOLY CATS! I'm going to die. and it will be....um...I guess it will be....all MY fault! If I take anyone with me, I'm apologizing in advance. I did not INTEND to kill anyone with this. Phyl, could I borrow your scooter? for day 2? Okay...going to go do something, even if it's wrong! Hugs all

Nope... you got me wrong! Daughter, Tracy is on spring break from her high school job so she's down here for a few days getting some rays. Only reason I'm online today is her step-daughter-in-law and granddaughter (making her OUR step-GREAT-granddaughter!!) drove over for the day from Temecula so they're down at the pool! I did my pool time this morning so I didn't want to go down again. Uh oh... I said I'd come check on them in about an hour and a half, which means I'm now 15 minutes late. Think we're going in to Palm Springs in about an hour or so... dinner and the Thurs. night street fair.

I have TWO scooters.... I'll share! LOL... problem is the battery only lasts about 4 hours on each one.

7_2_102.gif

Hi everyone! It's me, Brandy! Haven't checked in here in months and months, but think of y'all often. Janet, you look great! Glad you enjoyed your cruise! And Phyllis, you've done very, very well! Congratulations!

I'm doing fine, keeping busy as always, so not much time to play, even though I'm technically retired down here in Florida. The lowest I got to was 138 and I fluctuate between that and 143.5 pounds, but me and my body seem pretty happy with that. I exercise a lot and have built some good muscle. Still need to have a breast lift and I wish the skin on my inner thighs and under my arms were just a little bit tighter, but I think I look pretty good for 50, which I just turned last month, so I can't really complain too much!

Hope everyone is well! Sounds like some new people either joined the July 07 site or else had to have revision surgery.

Take care!

Brandy

Good to hear from you again, Brandy!!

Edited by phyllser

Okay...I am not ALWAYS busy with school just 99% of the time and the rest seems to be spent of facebook...but that is all Steph's fault. Actually I have been so busy trying to get ready for our trip.

Sunday is my 1 year anniversary (we had to look up our marriage license to be sure of the date!!!) but it is Sunday. So we are going to Vegas to see the last Mariner's spring training game. We will not be back until Sunday so I won't talk to you until then.

Love to all.

Karri

Hello everyone, I am home and naturally not feeling to great. I had to drag my bag through customs and rushing to catch my flights. Dad is hanging in there, they still don't have his heart stable, so who knows, I just decided to not think about it tonight. They are talking about putting him in temperary nursing care for a week . My sister told mom that she would be there, but that isn't what she told me. So again, I am just going not going to think about it. I love you all, but right now everything feels so surreal. I know the band is there because of the incisions, but other than some aches it doesn't seem real. I will get into the 3d stuff soon, but right now I can't focus on it. Thank you all for the well wishes and positive vibes, I love that yyou are all there for me

Hey Brandy !!! What's Up !!!

Ya we all need one kind of lift or another.:w00t: ..

You are doing great on your weight :confused:- keeping pretty constance at a happy weight for you - I would say I am at my happy weight too - I like to keep mine between 138-140..

We only have 1 new member Karla - both Steph & Salsa have been with us for over a year now - and I think you have stopped in about 6 months ago..

Pop back in when you can - what are you doing to keep so busy???

Don't forget our darling Donna. She is new. She is a July 08 bandster but we forget that. And Car. I'm not sure when Car was banded...but she's one of us too.

I talked to Karla on the phone. She is wiped out. Poor thing really has a lot on her plate right now. You all don't know how much you have come to mean to her. thank you for being so welcoming. I told her you would be.

Not much happened today. I had really good food day. No junk! It's been a long time since I could say that. I am ALWAYS full when I eat solid Protein first and then veggies. I don't know why I don't do it all the time. Call me stupid.

Okay...going to have a good night again. Slept last night. Aided of course, but it was ALL night in my own bed. Going to do it again.

Love you all.

Don't forget our darling Donna. She is new. She is a July 08 bandster but we forget that. And Car. I'm not sure when Car was banded...but she's one of us too.

I talked to Karla on the phone. She is wiped out. Poor thing really has a lot on her plate right now. You all don't know how much you have come to mean to her. thank you for being so welcoming. I told her you would be.

Not much happened today. I had really good food day. No junk! It's been a long time since I could say that. I am ALWAYS full when I eat solid Protein first and then veggies. I don't know why I don't do it all the time. Call me stupid.

Okay...going to have a good night again. Slept last night. Aided of course, but it was ALL night in my own bed. Going to do it again.

Love you all.

My Bad - - Age what can I say !!! - Car is an original 7/07 lucky #7 bander she was here originally then sorta dissappeared for a while and now is back :0) - and yes Donna our 7/08 baby...

Congrats on the Good food day - Yes protein 1st is always the best way to get full fast

Last night I didn't really eat bad just not super great but again I was super tired yesterday - BF SB bar 140 & spinach 35 - lunch ham/cheese sandwich on lite bread 175 - dinner - 1 1/2 beef rib 200 ? a grilled ham cheese sandwich 250 - popcorn big bag 200 - few bites of this and that chips/hot sauce 300 c - sherbet ic cone 150 - juice 240 - min 1690 calories for the day - most likely closer to 2000 who know's what I am forgetting and I am forgetting something - oh ya 100 c cheese -

Karri

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!! Has it been a year already!!! Omw time sure flys - Have a great time in Vegas...

Phyl

Hope you don't blow away today !!!! We have been lucky this year hasn't been as windy as last year - but it sure was blowing last night and this morning...

Have fun with Tracy - at least we do have sunshine..

BTW how much longer are you here??? When are you planning the trip home??

Karla - Hugs - one day at a time - and you can only do what you can do - We are hear for you...

Well ladies (steph & denise especially) going to see MY MAN tonite - Yes that's right - I have a date with Trace Atkins tonite !!!! It's a sold out venue - sure glad that I got my tickets as soon as they went on sale (2/9 at 10:01 a.m :confused:)

Well next week is a short week for me - we have Good Friday off and I am going to see DS and family for Easter - So I won't be around again next weekend :0)

Need to get some work done - CBL..

Denise & Candice how are the Mom's doing - oh ya speaking of Mom's Steph we never got any pic's of Rose's FL !!!!

Phyl

Hope you don't blow away today !!!! We have been lucky this year hasn't been as windy as last year - but it sure was blowing last night and this morning...

Have fun with Tracy - at least we do have sunshine..

BTW how much longer are you here??? When are you planning the trip home??

Well ladies (steph & denise especially) going to see MY MAN tonite - Yes that's right - I have a date with Trace Atkins tonite !!!! It's a sold out venue - sure glad that I got my tickets as soon as they went on sale (2/9 at 10:01 a.m :confused:)

Well next week is a short week for me - we have Good Friday off and I am going to see DS and family for Easter - So I won't be around again next weekend :0)

Need to get some work done - CBL..

Yeah, REAL windy over here! Almost got blown away on the way home from PS last night.... street fair. So windy we're skipping Water aerobics for only about the 2nd time all winter (because of weather, that is). Going to the Follies matinee today. Have to take Tracy to the airport at something like 3:30 a.m. tomorrow!

We are leaving here and heading north a day or two after Easter. Will go to Three Rivers first for the Jazz Festival weekend.

Have a GREAT time with Trace tonight!!

36_27_7.gif

Another good brand of shoe is Brooks. I am a pronator, so Brooks has a shoe that controls that.

Another good brand of shoe is Brooks. I am a pronator, so Brooks has a shoe that controls that.

DH wears those... when he's not wearing his Crocs!

:confused::biggrin::w00t:

I thought I showed pics of Rose's FL. I'll try to find them again and repost.

Janet, please ask him if he would like to marry me. you can't keep a big hunk of man like that all to yourself.

BTW, Rose is heading south for a month long trip with a girlfriend. They are going to texas, over to yuma, then spending a couple days in Laughlin. I thought you are sorta near there, no? I told her I would give you dates when she is going to be there and maybe you could swing by.

Today I have a headache for the 4th straight day. Not a bad headache just an ache. Have a call in to my surgeon's office. I will be on that side of the state next week so will try to stop by there and have them take out my staples and take a look. Just to be on the safe side.

It's snowing here again today. I hate that! I have to say....I'm sick and tired of the crappy weather. If it doesn't turn soon I'm heading south!

the lady with the sucker molds is bringing me the stuff this morning! I'm so excited. Mom and I are going to make our first batch this morning. Maybe we will be queens of the suckers :confused:) She has some materials so I don't have to wait to get sticks and bags. I do need to figure out flavors and order those. Need 2 different flavors. "Pink" flavors. going to look to see what the store has to make color "opaque". then I can do clear one flavor and not clear the other...and I can tell them apart :w00t:)

Okay...off to referree the kids. They drive me NUTS some days!

I can't attach photos here for some reason. I was having that problem the other day.

Rose is in my "random family pics" photos on Facebook. Sorry.:confused:

Steph, I think you need to check out this headache thing, it could be a symptom of something else... get to it girl

Talked to surgeon. He said to keep an awareness of my headaches. If they get a lot worse when I stand than when I lay down, then I need to be seen. He said if they were a spinal Fluid problem that I would be in a lot of pain. This is just a dull throb. I'm guessing from sleeping on the couch, my neck is a little off.

dr. also said that the swelling is normal and not to bother with it. I think I'll go in on Monday and get my staples taken out. I could do it today but I'm a little scared. A couple extra days won't hurt.

Okay, so I didn't get to see Trace Adkins, but DH took a picture of DD & I with John Davidson after the Palm Springs Follies today! He was just standing by the exit greeting

people as they left, so I asked if we could get a photo with him.

Follies-WindStorm019-1.jpg

Hey Everyone,

It's been quite depressing aroung here. Yesterday when I went to see my Mom, the door was closed and there was a letter on the door about seeing the nurse and communicable disease. They said her stool tested positive for a resistant bacteria. I slightly flipped a little. I want to know when she got this. So she went to look at the results to see when she was first tested for this. I went in the room. She had a letter she had signed that said they were recommending home health care. I went talk to them about that cause the dr told me she was recommending rehab facility. The social worker told me she doesn't qualify. So I made the decision to sign up for a nursing home. She needs 4 shots a day. There is no one to give her that. Home health comes 2 or 3 times a week. Seeing her is very hard. She looks terrible. She says, "I'm so tired, I'm so tired." She just sits and stares or sleeps. When I talked to the nurse before I left she said the dr was just here and he thinks the bac. is just part of her floura. What???

We are taking state wide testing at school this week. One of students, 14 yrs old, went to the mall with two of our other students last night, and he dropped dead. Just dropped dead walking and talking to his friends. Yesterday, he was laughing and playing in the yard at school after lunch. He had ashtma, but we do not know why he died. He was not having an attack. Needless to say, today was very tramatic for the students. The state let us cancel testing. The trama team came in. We had kids crying everywhere.

Denise,

What a sad sad week. I'm so sorry. I've never lost a student of mine. I think I would need more counseling than the kids. How tragic for them.

your own personal sadness makes my heart hurt. I want to cry just reading what you have gone through. It's without words. I am so very very sorry.

I will be thinking of you.