Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good Morning Gang

I ran away with Trace for the weekend :smile: Oh Steph & Denise - I told him that I had to share with you guys - he said he would look you 2 up when he was in your hoods... :smile2:

Really - I just didn't get on the computer - cuz when I do 3 hours goes by and I don't get anything done!!!

Saturday - slept til 7:30 - then went to home depot bought 4 rose bushes and a rose tree - came home and started digging up old plant and planting bushes - just piddled in the yard - then went and got groceries.

Yesertday - did my target shopping - put stuff up- washed - put up clothes - watched my Tivo'd ER & Lost shows and took a nap :wub:

After Phyl called had to ck out my mentor thread - stuff going on there and heck it took 1 hr just to answer everyone' See what I mean about not getting anything done when you get on the computer before you know it 3 hrs has gone by...

Due to the nap yesterday and the cup of coffee at 5:30 p.m. - I didn't get to bed til after 11 - so I am a bit tired myself this morning...

Bethgrove- google antipressants, read up, decide what you want to try and ask your dr to prescribe it. My Mom went from Effexor to Lexapro.

I've been on Trofanil/imiprimine for 18yrs for panic attacks.

Ones I've heard of: lexapro, wellbutrin, paxil, cellaxa

There is one they say doesn't cause weight gain. I'd google antipressant that doesn't cause weight gain.

YOu are smart to get back on your anti-depressant. There are many, and each affect folks differntly. I have tried Welbutrin and didn't gain any weight on it... I currently and weining off of Zoloft as my Dr. is switching me to Seraquel... Seraquel has been approved for treating depression in Bipolar people... so I may be able to go to a Mono-therapy... YEAH!

The Zoloft makes me sun sensitive, so I'll be happy to be off those. Plus, mentally I am feeling really fine and liking the Seraquel... it really helps me to sleep as well.

Good luck to you in what ever method you choose.

Peaches

Good Morning Gang

I ran away with Trace for the weekend :w00t: Oh Steph & Denise - I told him that I had to share with you guys - he said he would look you 2 up when he was in your hoods... :eek:

Really - I just didn't get on the computer - cuz when I do 3 hours goes by and I don't get anything done!!!

Saturday - slept til 7:30 - then went to home depot bought 4 rose bushes and a rose tree - came home and started digging up old plant and planting bushes - just piddled in the yard - then went and got groceries.

Yesertday - did my target shopping - put stuff up- washed - put up clothes - watched my Tivo'd ER & Lost shows and took a nap :wink:

After Phyl called had to ck out my mentor thread - stuff going on there and heck it took 1 hr just to answer everyone' See what I mean about not getting anything done when you get on the computer before you know it 3 hrs has gone by...

Due to the nap yesterday and the cup of coffee at 5:30 p.m. - I didn't get to bed til after 11 - so I am a bit tired myself this morning...

Glad you are back on posting Janet; we missed you. What ports did you stop at on your cruise???

Glad you are back on posting Janet; we missed you. What ports did you stop at on your cruise???

Puerto Viarta - Cabo - Maztalan

I'm tired this morning - can't get in the groove - I think I need more caffine

Can't spell either but what's new about that :0)

I guess what I am needing a suggestion for is something that is band friendly. That is where my family dr does not know what to prescribe. effexor comes in a big capsule and keeps getting stuck. I like it and it seems to work well but i can't get it down if i break it awful taste and it will not slide down. thanks

Candice, were you sun sensitive before? I've been for about 10 years but if zoloft makes it words, I'm curious.

Janet, really, how was Trace. I really want to see him in concert!!!! Besides him, Jimmy Buffet is my only other GOTTA SEE.

Beth, zoloft is a small pill. Welbutrin was a small pill, but it never really did anything for me. Have no idea about the seraquil. Paxil is small but I never got any relief there either. Good luck. You can google antidepressant weight gain and antidepressant pill size and between the two maybe find which is most band friendly.

Okay...gotta go.

Have a great day ladies!

Lexapro or the generic version Citropan works great for me. I was on zoloft for many years, but it quit working.

By the way, I lost 31 pounds since the beginning of pre-op diet. whooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!! I will need to get one of those ticker things.

By the way, I lost 31 pounds since the beginning of pre-op diet. whooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!! I will need to get one of those ticker things.

Congrats Karla - How's your Dad

Karla!!!! How awesome are you?

You are going to do an awesome job at being a bandster. You have the best group on the web, you have the best attitude, and you have the best goal (the 3day). How much better could it get?

Long night. Had to pick the snomobile club scholarship winners. My head is tired.

Talk to you later ladies.

Thanks for asking about my dad. He is got out of the hospital on Monday and my sister is there helping. Unfortunately, dad is 6'5" and mom and my sister dropped him while trying to move him to the table. All is well, but dad is very weak after spending a week in the hospital and the impact of the chemo, radiation, and now the heart damage. I will head up there on Thurday to help however I can as my sister must leave to help her husband pack up and leave their winter home in Arizona and head to ONE of their summer homes. Okay, a little bitter, I think her husband could pack it up on his own, but what do I know about being financially independent. It must take a lot of work to keep 3 homes and a motor home, that cost more than my house, organized. But I have to live with my self...oh well. Sorry, I didn't mean to grouch. My school is giving me a hard time about being gone, I will miss one day of parent teacher conferences and they think that I just want extra time off because it is Easter weekend. I guess when I go without pay because I ran out of sick leave they will believe me. Yikes, I am sounding bitter, it just that I am tired and normally I start my summer job in March and I have had to put that off, I hate having to worry about money. I should erase half of this post, but I am going to leave it, hope you all forgive me for being such a b----.

Karla,

Hugs. Don't worry about griping. We all get that way and you have a lot on your plate. We love you.

Glad your dad is doing better. Sorry he fell. It's hard when he is so unwealdy.

Traveling across the state today, be in a hotel Wed. night, driving home on Friday. Hopefully I'll be able to check in but don't worry if I don't.

I'll be pushing my other 2 walkers to jump in and sign up finally. Hard to turn me down face to face!!!

Have a great day ladies. Talk to you soon.

Good Morning Gang....

Not much to report - went to they gym last night worked arms - and think I pulled to much weight an pulled a muscle in my tummy - don't ask me how - but I got a little pain in the lower right quad of my tummy - it's better today...

Dinner - 3 oz steak (got gas for the bbq) yellow sqaush - rice - snack popcorn and fudgecicle.

Menu today - Breakfast - SB Protein Bar - lunch Squash 1 cup & bbq pork loin 3 oz - dinner - fish rice spinach - Snacks - pear - pop corn - sherbet - 150 cal cheese its and 3 bottles of water... Well that's my plan anyway !!!

Ok gotta get my butt in gear.. cbl..

Steph drive carefully

Karla we all vent at one time or another and we all have family issues - so know that you are in good company and aren't alone with your issues...

I'm hungry !!!!! This sounds good - I might replace ham with chicken or even ground turkey :thumbdown:

Healthified" Spinach and Rice Casserole 72% less sat fat • 43% fewer calories • 61% less fat than the original recipe—see the comparison. A favorite casserole gets a star makeover. Substituting brown rice for white provides whole-grain benefits while reduced fat ingredients trim the fat but keep the flavor. From eatbetteramerica.

Prep Time:20 min

Start to Finish:1 hr

makes:8 servings (1 cup each)

2teaspoons olive oil3medium carrots, chopped (1 1/2 cups)2/3cup chopped celery1medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)1clove garlic, finely chopped1 3/4cups water1can (10 3/4 oz) condensed 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup2boxes (9 oz each) Green Giant® frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained1 1/2cups uncooked instant brown rice1teaspoon Italian seasoning1/2teaspoon pepper1cup diced cooked ham3/4cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (3 oz)1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese

1.Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. 2.In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Water and soup; heat to boiling. Add spinach, rice, Italian seasoning and pepper; return to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in ham, 1/4 cup of the Cheddar cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Spread in baking dish. Cover with foil.3.Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Let stand uncovered 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Nutritional Information 1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 780mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g); Protein 12g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 180%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 25%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 1 Medium-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2 MyPyramid Servings: 1/2 c Dairy, 1 tsp Fats & Oils, 1 oz-equivalents meat & Beans, 1/2 c Vegetables

I guess what I am needing a suggestion for is something that is band friendly. That is where my family dr does not know what to prescribe. effexor comes in a big capsule and keeps getting stuck. I like it and it seems to work well but i can't get it down if i break it awful taste and it will not slide down. thanks

Have you tried taking your dose in Smaller increments.

For example if I take 200 mg Zoloft, I get my dr to write the script for 4 x 50mg pills then they are SMALLER. Much easier to swallow.

But then right after my surgery, I OPENED the Zoloft capsule and put it in my Protien shake.< /span>

Welbutrin is round but not too big.

I have no problem swallowing Serquil at all. I take 3 - 100mg pills nightly.