Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

OK I AM PISSED - MY POST FROM LAST NIGHT ISN'T HERE !!!

Recap:

CANDICE - I had Cookies looking at me all day yesterday - i gave them away last night and never ate them even though I was very hungry all day long even after my meals - so YOU CAN NOT WAIT TILL AFTER EASTER TO GET BACK ON TRACK

Easter is about Jesus dying on the cross to for us

It's not about the Easter Bunny and Robin eggs - Peeps - Choc bunnie :0)...:thumbup::sad::tt2:

So you are put on notice this very second that the food cop is on your shoulder and she's going to be yelling at you everytime you try and put something unhealthy in your mouth that you should not be eating..

Phyl - I agree with you on the final 5 all guys - maybe Allison not sure - it's really about who has fan base - Adam is going to win I'm pretty sure - him and Danny final 2 - and I think all will make albums or cd whatever they are called now a days :0)

Glad it was Scott who went home last night - I think that they would have used the save on Anoop..

Karla - try for lower soduim stuff - it's most likely Water weight but if you are drinking jucies (empty calories) it could be all that sugar - Sugar is no longer our friend - It's going to tell you it is but it's not - and I orginally didn't like diet soda - I use to drink regular soda - but I bought the diet stuff and it does take a minute but you can aqurie a taste for it - I don't mean that you should be drinking soda - this was just an example from my old WW days - I too said I can't stand the stuff - but you gotta try just so that you can save tons of calories.

I am really into the pomergranet lemonade from crystal light - you can dilute in by using the packet in a 20 oz bottle of water so that it's not so strong tasting..

I give myself a calorie budget - and even though I am banded I still am a volume eater - I want the most amount of food for the least amount of calories - I rather have a Fish Veggies & Rice instead of a sliver of cake (well 99% of the time:wink:)

Steph - Glad to hear that you are feeling like the weight is dropping,

Phyl - Yea - fingers crossed that Top scale says the same as your Wii - Let us know - it's about time for you to have a loss since it's been a few weeks since your last one ..

Denise - Ya I would tell your mom's roomate that if your mom's sugar gets out of control and if she goes into a coma - you are going to hold them legally responsible - and that in no way shape or form do you want them giving her crap and I would tell the nursing staff - this is like the Brookhurst facitliy in NJ (you know that show where the super morbity obese go to loose weight) they allow the pple to order take out - here these pple who weight 600 lbs are in a hospital to loose the weight and help save their lives and they let me order pizza - Just don't get it..

Ok well gotta get to work - will cbl

hugs

and remember Candice - I am on your shoulder for the rest of the weekend !!!

LOL!! Ya THINK???

This sounds like a scene out of a bad movie....a comedy!

You have a challenge ahead of you!

Someone in authority needs to talk to these two about their diabetes!! Seriously... like threaten them!! Or at least put a good scare in to them.

Vending machines! That's another problem!

I suppose you could take away her money!

But then you'd have to take the other ladies' money, too!

12_4_46.gif 12_4_48.gif 12_4_47.gif

Oh Phyl, I love the Avitars of candy Bars... too cute.

But seriously, Don't the staff in the Nursing home "supervise" what the residents eat??? It will definetly be hard to curb your Mom's indulgences with the co-hort in her room sabotaging things...

I am glad though that you found her a place to live where she will get care. This is too much healthcare for you to provide at your home, and with your career too... I don't know your Mom, but MY Mom didn't want to Live with any of her children... She likes her autonomy and is quite independant even with her physical limitations. I got her a hired nurse to help her dress in the mornings, well Mom fired her... I tried to help, but they gotta WANT it right? Its a fine balance that we have to tread when we are the PARENT of our PARENTS... Oh the sandwich generation, that's us.

HUGS to you Denise, and stay strong.

Phyl

How did the weigh in go?? How was Earl's Bday - Has he had a good day so far??

Candice

Are you avoiding me :)

Denise

How's the Mom and roomate issue

Donna

What are you doing for Easter

Car

Where have you been

Steph

When are you coming home

Kari

How's your restriction and what's up with the Easter candy - I know you have a sweet tooth too - The food cop's on your shoulder too - only planned treats - no going over board and if you do you gotta bike an addition 20 miles :sad:

Karri

Are you on FB and not posting here ;0)

Oh ya gang - I do have some news - Guess who's coming to see me in June - Guess - She will be here 6/11 afternoon and stay thru 6/16 - She's a Lucky #7 and my Band Daughter - YEP Karri is coming to visit her old mom :) I am so excited !!!

Karla

How are you doing - How's your Dad

Ok gang you all have been pretty quite since I've been back - but will be gone tomorrow thru Sunday - So don't go into over drive with your chats and don't increase your font size either :lol:

Ok - going to go pack - gotta pull my winter stuff out - I put it all away a few weeks ago - but it's suppose to be in the mid to high 60's at DS house and maybe rain tomorrow...

Sweats - jeans - sweaters & tennis shoes....

So will CBL :wub:

Yep I am on facebook! That and trying not break down in tears over my job. I have so much that I need to do and possibly taking a 14.8% paycut is going to cause some problems with that. Though I would take that over the other option which is to lose my job. The district is saying that if we just cut days it will be 28 days (14.8% paycut) and if we just cut people it will be 72 staff. Now we assume that there is going to be some combination of the 2. We are all urging the district to take a pay cut rather than cut positions. They are putting together early retirement packages so hopefully that will help. Right now it is just sit and wait. There is a possibility that we won't know until after school starts next year if our jobs are safe.

Well I need to get to bed. Hopefully the wine kicks in soon. Nope I don't normally drink but it was DH's orders tonight. He said I was too wound up!

Well, damn, I just spent a half an hour writing a post and evidently hit the wrong button and it disappeared. Probably for the better, there were parts about over eating and banana laughy taffee.

So here is the short version..I head to dad's tomorrow, about an 8 hour drive. Dad's heart has gone crazy again, 160 beats per minute, so they are going to put a pacemaker in on Monday or Tuesday. He is so weak that he can't walk, so I am going to check into some transitional rehab, there is no way mom and I can lift him.

I have lost control of my eating, so 2 pounds have come back and I am sure there is more to come. I am frustrated because I did so well during preop and now all I do is 'eat'. While the portions are reasonable, there are MANY portions of higher calorie foods. I can't seem to stop, but if I don't I am going to fail and continue to be a fat pig.

So ladies, each and everyone of your need to give me a slap,slap,slap, and tell me what in the heck do you think you are doing. You must stop eating... it may be all liquids, but even laughy taffee and be turned into a liquid if you suck on it long enough.

I better get to bed, Steph, drive home safe, the rest have a good weekend. I will try to be in contact from mom's, but I can't guarantee anything. Maybe the hospital will have wireless internet, so I can keep in tough, I am going to try.

Thanks to each of you, have a good weekend.

Karla

Phyl

How did the weigh in go?? How was Earl's Bday - Has he had a good day so far??

Oh ya gang - I do have some news - Guess who's coming to see me in June - Guess - She will be here 6/11 afternoon and stay thru 6/16 - She's a Lucky #7 and my Band Daughter - YEP Karri is coming to visit her old mom :) I am so excited !!!

Ok gang you all have been pretty quite since I've been back - but will be gone tomorrow thru Sunday - So don't go into over drive with your chats and don't increase your font size either :)

Ok - going to go pack - gotta pull my winter stuff out - I put it all away a few weeks ago - but it's suppose to be in the mid to high 60's at DS house and maybe rain tomorrow...

Sweats - jeans - sweaters & tennis shoes....

So will CBL :sad:

TOPS scale not as generous as my Wii Fit.. I was down only .8 lb. but at least down. We went out for lunch, and then I went to the grand opening of the new Marshall's store. Found some tops I wanted to buy but the lines were to the back of the store so I put them back! Bday was pretty good, but took an unpleasant turn around 4pm when my new crown.. in only 24 hrs, popped out while I was having one of my Calcium chews! So then I had to rush off to the dentist AGAIN! I was pissed! Never had a crown pop out like that before! Then I got really mad when they tried to tell me they'd "fit me in" TOMORROW!! I'm sure! I lost it then! Told the gal... are you out of your mind???? I have a big hole in my mouth with raw nerves exposed and you want me to wait until tomorrow??? Oh, I was SO MAD! The dentist just didn't want to stay late! So then they told me to come in right away. So now it's cemented in AGAIN!

Good Morning Gang

Just popping in to say Happy Easter

36_15_58.gif [/url]36_15_38.gif

before I go

Karri -We have told our bosses the same thing - cut a day instead of pple - Will keep good thought that this is going to workout for you...

Phyl - Yep it's stil a loss and almost a pound - as you know it will come and what needs to be done to get it... Sorry about the tooth - Ya I never had a crown come off just the temp ones :0)

Karla

This liquid stuff is very hard it was on all of us.. I chewed food and spit it out - Here was my ah ha moment with the band when I was on mushies

I came home from work tired (big food trigger for me) was hungry - so decided to make mushie white cream gravy and mashed potatoes - as I was frying the bacon in the pan (for the grease to make gravey) I looked at it and said "Janet did you just have major surgery in order to continue to eat this way - yes this is a mushie but it's high fat and unhealthy"

The answer was No you didnt have surgery to continue to eat this way - So I threw it out and made something healhty.

Darling - the band isn't about not eating - it's about changing your eating habits - that is - This isn't a diet and gotta say that most of the work (as you will find out on this journey) is mental.

When you want to eat something you shouldn't - think did I have surgery to eat this crap. You really gotta find good healthy food that satisfies you. And there are foods that you will enjoy that are healthy - one day at a time - even one second at a time - Get out of the house if you can- find a distraction

Well gang - I gotta pack and get dressed - go to the bank and wake Andrew up.

Love to you all - I will ck in on Monday - Have a Great Easter and watch out for the candy

8_3_45.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Oh Dear Janet, I would NEVER ignore you!!! I am just a little embarrased about my food choices of late. BUT I did get my Ass out of the quilting chair today and take my TWIG for a nice Peppy walk... I even jogged a few minuted... Karri are you paying attention!!! You are my fitness HERO!!! I will try to do more.

Karri, I also will keep my fingers crossed for your School administrators to do the right thing... Hugs to you, I know this must be a stressful time.

Phyl, A loss, you go girl... you are so consistant!!! Perhaps I should have EARL talk to Peter about watching ME like a hawk.... I'd hate it but it would be best for me. I amcheating way too much.

I got a little note from our "Linda" today she's cooking for an army this weekend.

I am off to my DD's tomorrow for Easter it will be nice to see the kids.

Oh YEAH, My DH went out today and bought a Air bed for this summer... He said, I thought that your Lucky 7's might need another bedroom if they all come... Isnt' that sweet, he is ggetting excited to meet all of you...

Have you booked your flights???:drool:

Hi ladies. i made it home. I am so glad to be here. I have a whole month that I don't have to go west!!! I'll talk more tomorrow. Tonight I just need to catch up.

Love you all!

Good Afternoon ladies!! Can't believe I'm the first one on today...and it's almost 2pm here. But then again, it is Easter weekend, so I guess I understand.

Let's see...there were a few things I wanted to speak to....

Karla, darling, you are going to get a phone call from me, but you have GOT to get the food demons under control! It's your head. Not your stomach. Honestly honey, you've got to be stronger than the little devil sitting on your shoulder. I took a lot of what I learned from quitting smoking and applied it here. Your mind will do it's damnedest to talk you into giving it it's "fix" of food. It is like a 2 year old that you've taken it's favorite toy from. It's going to scream and stomp and throw an ever loving fit! Would you give in to your girls in that situation???? Knowing what your daughters have grown up to accomplish I'm thinking NOT! So don't allow your mind to win either. Take a time out from your head at that point. However you do that.

Karri, I don't even know what to say about the pay cut vs. job cut issue. It makes me just SICK!! I'm not going to step up onto my education soapbox, but I have to ask you if your job is in jeopardy? You put your heart and soul into your students so I hope they know that there is no way that you should be let go. I will have faith that your administration knows better.

Denise, I believe that if your mother is in a health care facility, they need to be held responsible for her sugar intake. That is why she is there! I'd be so angry!!! The staff needs to be put on notice that it is unacceptable behavior!

Phyl, congrats on the almost a pound. You are such a steady loser. You keep on keepin on. You make me feel so guilty when I give up on me.

Okay...I was horrible while I was away from home. I can't even begin to tell you how awful. Just let it be enough to say that at least 1 day I'm sure my cal intake was close to 3000 cals of junk! Now, I'm going to go out and walk. I can't go far, because of my back, but I am going to go. No excuses.

So I'm off. Have a great day ladies and happy Easter for you all!

It is amazing, I am away from school and right on food target. Had a berry smoothy, Atkins beverage, and a skinny latte with surgar free flavor that I nursed most of the day. So it is 5:00 o'clock at I have had less than 400 calories so far, I will go home and blend up some veggie Soup with Protein Powder and that should do me. So when I am at school, I am going to have to find a substitute.

Anyway, dad is in the hospital and is scheduled for a pacemaker on Monday. I am trying to find some place that he can get the physical theropy he needs. His muscles have atrophied so much that sitting up on his own, standing is difficult and walking is impossible. Mom still thinks she will be able to take him home on Tuesday, but we shall see.

You all sound like things are going great, catch you all later,

k

It is amazing, I am away from school and right on food target. Had a berry smoothy, Atkins beverage, and a skinny latte with surgar free flavor that I nursed most of the day. So it is 5:00 o'clock at I have had less than 400 calories so far, I will go home and blend up some veggie Soup with Protein powder and that should do me. So when I am at school, I am going to have to find a substitute.

Anyway, dad is in the hospital and is scheduled for a pacemaker on Monday. I am trying to find some place that he can get the physical theropy he needs. His muscles have atrophied so much that sitting up on his own, standing is difficult and walking is impossible. Mom still thinks she will be able to take him home on Tuesday, but we shall see.

You all sound like things are going great, catch you all later,

k

HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY everyone!

Home from Toronto, visiting DD and Dsil2B... nice visit.. Went for a long walk and got blisters on both of my feet. I was wearing the wrong shoes.

This a.m. we did Wii Fit... I was 66 yrs old and "Overweight" dah! no kidding!

So tomorrow Its back at the Food Journaling and proper exercise.. perhpas I should buy another Wii fit for MYself!~!!

Steph, glad you are out for a walk. You are doing so well after your surgery.

Kara, you keep up the good work too. Pay heed to Stephanies advise.

Janet, Phyl, Linda, Karri, Kari, Donna, Car... Happy Easter to all :thumbdown:

We finally got dad out of bed for the first time since Tuesday, THEY say it was because his blood count was too low, and may be so. Pacemaker procedure tomorrow morning, Onocologist will be by tomorrow and I will have a sit down with him and talk about rehab and prognosis. We went down and got dad a ham dinner, his favorite. He is having trouble getting it down, the radiation scarred his esophogus and is painful when he swallows.

well, best go, hope you all had a great Easter.

K

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!

We just got back from camping today. We had a good time. Went visit Mom when I got back. She is trying to lay a guilt trip on me. I have to keep reminding her she gets 4 shots a day. She says, "I do?"