Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Happy Easter Ladies

Hope you've all enjoyed your day. Mine was OK. Don't get me wrong, my kids and grandkids were all here and my sister and BIL came for dinner but I woke to bad news this morning. Two families from the Liver forum I belong to have lost their sons. One was about a year old and never came out of ICU after his transplant last summer. The other one was having life support removed today sometime after family had a chance to say good-bye to him. Their little guy fell out of a second story window and didn't make it. I am always bummed when I hear that one of our liver kids didn't make it. Especially this time of year because Jayli died four days after Easter. I'm rambling here......and venting. I'm kind of numb. I'm going to go to one of the funerals since I have met this family and they live around the corner from my daughter.

Anyway, have a great evening and I will TTYL.

It is amazing, I am away from school and right on food target. Had a berry smoothy, Atkins beverage, and a skinny latte with surgar free flavor that I nursed most of the day. So it is 5:00 o'clock at I have had less than 400 calories so far, I will go home and blend up some veggie Soup with Protein Powder and that should do me. So when I am at school, I am going to have to find a substitute.

Anyway, dad is in the hospital and is scheduled for a pacemaker on Monday. I am trying to find some place that he can get the physical theropy he needs. His muscles have atrophied so much that sitting up on his own, standing is difficult and walking is impossible. Mom still thinks she will be able to take him home on Tuesday, but we shall see.

You all sound like things are going great, catch you all later,

k

Being at school is by far the hardest time for me. When I am at home I can talk myself out of the mind games but when I am at work and I get hungry I just want to eat. I give in quickly and without thought, but away from school I can control all of the demons.

As for school if my current administration was going to be there it wouldn't be a problem at all. However, our principal is most likely leaving (I don't have complete confirmation but it is close) and our asst. principal is leaving for certain. He is the one that I am going to be working for at the charter school. However that will not pay all the bills. I have come to the conclusion though that I should be 3rd or 4th on the list of people to be cut because of my endorsements but I should be okay. I hope!

Hi ladies. Hope you all had an amazing day! I had a wonderful church service. Something about it was just beautiful. Couldn't point to any one thing. Just very uplifting. Beyond Easter....just great!

I walked 5 miles yesterday and only 3 miles today because I got a late start. I was good food wise though I can't figure out any cals because of the homemade things.

I am going to get on my wii fit tomorrow and put my ticker back on. I will begin again!!!

Now that the weather is so much nicer I love to be outside!!! I'm back on the bandwagon!

Karla, glad that being away from school is helping you stay on track. Remember, you NEED to keep your cals up to around 1000. You need them to heal! Don't get yourself down too low. Also you need to keep your liquids up. Just a word of warning. I am the Water patrol...and I will be asking. Janet is our food cop and she shows less mercy than I, but we are both looking out for you! Hugs dear. I'm keeping your dad in my thoughts.

Karri, it will work out. I know it will. Are you still seeing a therapist? Have you been able to talk about this new stress? How is training coming? Less than a month! Are you getting excited? I miss hearing about your training. Are you still blogging? The link is gone.

Kari, hugs. I wish babies didn't have to die. That is so amazingly sad.

Okay...off to bed. I hope you are all ready for an amazing week. Love you!

Good Morning Gang !!!

I made it to DS & back safely... OMG you all have been quite - Phyl hasn't even posted - OK I guess I am going to have to call her :0)

Kari -Sorry & Hugs for the loss of those families and yours - It's alway so hard to understand why babies have to go to heaven..

As to not making good food choices this weekend - Count me in - I did fine friday in fact I was super tight - Saturday did ok (well did have one piece of an apple pie with ice cream that had cinniabom icing on it - oh to die for but that in it self was ok considering what I ate all day) BUT here's the kicker I went to bed with a bag of white choc reese pb cups - were I preceded to eat 3/4 of the bag and am up 2 lbs today... But no problem with the scale moving back in the right direction - cuz now that I am home - I will eat healthy - had salmon rice & spinach for dinner last nite - have salmon & butternut squash for lunch today. Truly I ate healthy all weekend except for the candy -

But gotta say - these are the only time I indulge is away from home for the most part - and Steph - eating on the road is almost impossible (talking fast food type of eating) gs stopped at taco bell - had 1/2 chick quesdilla and it sticks - on the way up there I munched on things like popcorn - I hate eating on the road - choices aren't great - salads really aren't a drive and eat kind of thingI am a bit dissappointed in me ...

Ok gotta get to work ...

Hey! Good Morning!

Busy weekend. food choices.... sort of okay. Saturday went out to lunch with a bunch of TOPS ladies... had a beef tostada. Most of them were eating huge chicken salads and one had a huge hamburger w/fries! Excuse me.... this is a weight loss group and she was sitting right across from the area captain!??

Evening meal was a Seder dinner here at the park. Messianic Jewish Rabbi lives here and his Christian/Jewish congregation has been having their Seder Dinner here for several years and they invite us to join them. Catered dinner... lamb and/or chicken, potatoes and green Beans. I took the lamb and asked them to give me a little extra green beans and no potatoes. But everything was kind of greasy! Gave a huge chunk of lamb to Earl... way too much for me. Dessert was a small coconut macaroon... I ate it!

Sunday... chapel had an Easter Dinner in the early afternoon. Ham and the rest was pot luck... lots of choices, and I sampled a few "white carbs", and I had a few bites of dessert. We both ate too much so we didn't have anything else to eat the rest of the day... except I had a few little cubes of cheddar cheese in the evening.

But, then I got kind of sick... unusual, just very bad aches and pains.. especially back, hips, pelvis, and lots of gas pains. Earl had to dig out my Gas X because I was having such pain in my stomach. I think I picked up a virus... around too many people all weekend. Still hae aches and pains this morning. So I should be getting my suit on to go to the pool... for the last time (leaving in the morning), but I'm still sitting on the couch!

Glad you made it back Janet! I've got to do something with the home made blueberry muffins I have sitting in the kitchen. I made them for church and we didn't need them all. Now I have 15 sitting in there staring me in the face. I did put a LOT of fresh blueberries in them so they are more berry than muffin....but they are still calling me way too hard.

I am going to have to go get a second pair of walking shoes. The ones I have don't hurt my feet but my legs are killing me. I know it is mostly because I haven't been walking before now, and my body is adapting but I think if get a second pair and swap them out every other day it will help me. I am trying to get 600 miles in before my walk so I'm counting down to that. I have done 7...only 593 to go.

I need to get house cleaned, shoes bought, suckers made, and Easter put away today. Should be a very busy day. I guess I won't be able to spend all day on Facebook, like Jeff thinks I do!

Have a great day ladies. Hugs!!!

hello everyone, dad is in getting his pacemaker, it has been a couple of hours and could be a couple more. The are going to destroy the nerve that makes his heart beat because it is out of control. The pacemaker will run his heart from now on. Talked with the onocologist and he agrees that dad needs to go to rehab for at least 2 weeks, so today we meet with the social worker to start the paperwork and get him into a place. Please give prayers that there is a spot available to in this hospital. Dad likes it here and I like the looks of the place, so IF there is a bed available we should be able to get him in tomorrow. With him in rehab for 2 weeks, I will head home tomorrow, and then we will all take turns with his care when he gets out. Our goal and the doctor's is to get him home strong enought to be able to move around on his own.

Good food choices, about 3/4 c of Protein smoothie this morning, I am trying to push the Water more and I am really looking forward to being able to walk, my body feels like it is going to decay. Incisions healing great and only the port site is a little tender, and I do mean little.

anyway, thanks everyone for the prayers and thoughts,

k

Hey! Good Morning!

Busy weekend. food choices.... sort of okay. Saturday went out to lunch with a bunch of TOPS ladies... had a beef tostada. Most of them were eating huge chicken salads and one had a huge hamburger w/fries! Excuse me.... this is a weight loss group and she was sitting right across from the area captain!??

Evening meal was a Seder dinner here at the park. Messianic Jewish Rabbi lives here and his Christian/Jewish congregation has been having their Seder Dinner here for several years and they invite us to join them. Catered dinner... lamb and/or chicken, potatoes and green Beans. I took the lamb and asked them to give me a little extra green beans and no potatoes. But everything was kind of greasy! Gave a huge chunk of lamb to Earl... way too much for me. Dessert was a small coconut macaroon... I ate it!

Sunday... chapel had an Easter Dinner in the early afternoon. Ham and the rest was pot luck... lots of choices, and I sampled a few "white carbs", and I had a few bites of dessert. We both ate too much so we didn't have anything else to eat the rest of the day... except I had a few little cubes of cheddar cheese in the evening.

But, then I got kind of sick... unusual, just very bad aches and pains.. especially back, hips, pelvis, and lots of gas pains. Earl had to dig out my Gas X because I was having such pain in my stomach. I think I picked up a virus... around too many people all weekend. Still hae aches and pains this morning. So I should be getting my suit on to go to the pool... for the last time (leaving in the morning), but I'm still sitting on the couch!

Phyl - Heading out - Oh I'm Sad - I know that we have only seen each other a few time - but just knowing that you are so close is comforting ... Hope the tummy issue settles down..

Glad you made it back Janet! I've got to do something with the home made blueberry muffins I have sitting in the kitchen. I made them for church and we didn't need them all. Now I have 15 sitting in there staring me in the face. I did put a LOT of fresh blueberries in them so they are more berry than muffin....but they are still calling me way too hard.

I am going to have to go get a second pair of walking shoes. The ones I have don't hurt my feet but my legs are killing me. I know it is mostly because I haven't been walking before now, and my body is adapting but I think if get a second pair and swap them out every other day it will help me. I am trying to get 600 miles in before my walk so I'm counting down to that. I have done 7...only 593 to go.

I need to get house cleaned, shoes bought, suckers made, and Easter put away today. Should be a very busy day. I guess I won't be able to spend all day on Facebook, like Jeff thinks I do!

Have a great day ladies. Hugs!!!

Steph just throw the damn things away !!!!

hello everyone, dad is in getting his pacemaker, it has been a couple of hours and could be a couple more. The are going to destroy the nerve that makes his heart beat because it is out of control. The pacemaker will run his heart from now on. Talked with the onocologist and he agrees that dad needs to go to rehab for at least 2 weeks, so today we meet with the social worker to start the paperwork and get him into a place. Please give prayers that there is a spot available to in this hospital. Dad likes it here and I like the looks of the place, so IF there is a bed available we should be able to get him in tomorrow. With him in rehab for 2 weeks, I will head home tomorrow, and then we will all take turns with his care when he gets out. Our goal and the doctor's is to get him home strong enought to be able to move around on his own.

Good food choices, about 3/4 c of Protein smoothie this morning, I am trying to push the Water more and I am really looking forward to being able to walk, my body feels like it is going to decay. Incisions healing great and only the port site is a little tender, and I do mean little.

anyway, thanks everyone for the prayers and thoughts,

k

Karla - Prayers will continue :0)

Phyl - Heading out - Oh I'm Sad - I know that we have only seen each other a few time - but just knowing that you are so close is comforting ... Hope the tummy issue settles down..

Tummy not quite settled down, but a little better..... body aches and chills.

You're sad.... I'm REALLY sad!! I'm breaking out in tears about once an hour over really stupid things! I know it's partly because I dont' feel good and mostly because I don't want to leave! It will be nice to see the girls, and the grandkids, esp the little ones... but I SO don't want to leave here! And I'm going to miss my pools, spas, Water aerobics SO MUCH! I'm trying to focus on the good things about being home... get to sit in my recliner, watch my big screen HDTV, sleep in my king size bed, ride my scooter around the neighborhood, get latte from my favorite place across the street, go buy Earl hard rolls down the street, ride over to Target & shop, go to our Primetimers at church, etc. We just have more friends here, more social life, etc. Tell me I need to go home because I don't want to!!

Hi ladies. Hope you all had an amazing day! I had a wonderful church service. Something about it was just beautiful. Couldn't point to any one thing. Just very uplifting. Beyond Easter....just great!

I walked 5 miles yesterday and only 3 miles today because I got a late start. I was good food wise though I can't figure out any cals because of the homemade things.

5 miles? Didn't you just have back surgery??? DId you get the o.k. to be back walking this much??

I am going to get on my wii fit tomorrow and put my ticker back on. I will begin again!!!

Now that the weather is so much nicer I love to be outside!!! I'm back on the bandwagon!

Karla, glad that being away from school is helping you stay on track. Remember, you NEED to keep your cals up to around 1000. You need them to heal! Don't get yourself down too low. Also you need to keep your liquids up. Just a word of warning. I am the Water patrol...and I will be asking. Janet is our food cop and she shows less mercy than I, but we are both looking out for you! Hugs dear. I'm keeping your dad in my thoughts.

Karri, it will work out. I know it will. Are you still seeing a therapist? Have you been able to talk about this new stress? How is training coming? Less than a month! Are you getting excited? I miss hearing about your training. Are you still blogging? The link is gone.

Kari, hugs. I wish babies didn't have to die. That is so amazingly sad.

Okay...off to bed. I hope you are all ready for an amazing week. Love you!

Good Morning Gang !!!

I made it to DS & back safely... OMG you all have been quite - Phyl hasn't even posted - OK I guess I am going to have to call her :0)

Kari -Sorry & Hugs for the loss of those families and yours - It's alway so hard to understand why babies have to go to heaven..

As to not making good food choices this weekend - Count me in - I did fine friday in fact I was super tight - Saturday did ok (well did have one piece of an apple pie with ice cream that had cinniabom icing on it - oh to die for but that in it self was ok considering what I ate all day) BUT here's the kicker I went to bed with a bag of white choc reese pb cups - were I preceded to eat 3/4 of the bag and am up 2 lbs today... But no problem with the scale moving back in the right direction - cuz now that I am home - I will eat healthy - had salmon rice & spinach for dinner last nite - have salmon & butternut squash for lunch today. Truly I ate healthy all weekend except for the candy -

But gotta say - these are the only time I indulge is away from home for the most part - and Steph - eating on the road is almost impossible (talking fast food type of eating) gs stopped at taco bell - had 1/2 chick quesdilla and it sticks - on the way up there I munched on things like popcorn - I hate eating on the road - choices aren't great - salads really aren't a drive and eat kind of thingI am a bit dissappointed in me ...

Ok gotta get to work ...

I am so glad that easter is over, now all the candy will disappear in the stores... Yikes, its been talking to me!!!:(

You're sad.... I'm REALLY sad!! I'm breaking out in tears about once an hour over really stupid things! I know it's partly because I dont' feel good and mostly because I don't want to leave! It will be nice to see the girls, and the grandkids, esp the little ones... but I SO don't want to leave here! And I'm going to miss my pools, spas, Water aerobics SO MUCH! I'm trying to focus on the good things about being home... get to sit in my recliner, watch my big screen HDTV, sleep in my king size bed, ride my scooter around the neighborhood, get latte from my favorite place across the street, go buy Earl hard rolls down the street, ride over to Target & shop, go to our Primetimers at church, etc. We just have more friends here, more social life, etc. Tell me I need to go home because I don't want to!!

Awh Phyl, its o.k. You are just missing the folks that are leaving and the great WINTER time that you had. I am envious of you and Earl ... you lead a great social life. But everyone has left down south... so you'd be lonely there anyways right? Up north you'll see SPRING come out and then summer.... it'll be great to spend time spoiling your grandchildren right??? I wish I had some to spoil!!!

Hugs, Can

Dad is out of surgery and finally in his room, the 2 hour procedure ended up taking 7, but all is well.

food choices, 3/4 c berry Protein Drink, 1 160cal yogurt, 2 c Soup broth, med ice tea,1 c skim milk, Water. Being trapped in the hospital has limited my choices, so while I have had to eat cafeteria food, I think I did okay. maybe someday I will find the right balance. I have ALWAYS had no problem NOT eating anything OR eating everything. My problem is finding the balance. Elyse picked up a diet book for her nutrition class, called The Skinny, it is very interesting and has some nice recipes. It focuses more on Portion Control, putting fruits & veggies with every meal and not denying anything, but putting things in balance. So between lapband and other ideas I know I will make it. Yep I will.

Hi ladies. Just got home from 3 miles. Yes, I have permission to walk. Nothing else, but I can walk. I have challenged my 3day team mates and since I can't do the longer walks yet...I get way too tired, if I can get 3 in per day with a couple of 4s thrown in, I won't lose ALL the time.

so 11 down 589 to go! Didn't manage to get on my wii fit this morning. Kids took over the tv. Tomorrow I will when they are out at daycare.

food today was good except I didn't do Breakfast. Water sucked so I'll be up half the night peeing because I'll spend the next hour and a half trying to meet quota.

How is everyone else's water doing? Has it become 2nd nature for you guys? I wish it had for me.

Okay...off to rest my muscles. Have a great night ladies.

Yuck.... headache back, aches won't go away and think I have a slight temp. This needs to go away... don't want to hit the road like this tomorrow!

Water.... I do well during the week... and down here...

because I take a full bottle.. 20 oz, of crystal lite to the pool and finish it by the time Water aerobcs is over. Then Earl fills it up with water and I drink the second jug whileI lounge in the hot tub. Then usualy empty it one more time over the rest of the day... well, not today because didn't feel like eating or drinking much of anything. Weekends I kind of slack off. Have to get in to my "home" habits when I get there... so I still get in the water.

Phyl - I know that after visiting the kids this weekend - I want to move that way - but then I would be leaving my life and would I really see them that much if I did live closer - ya I would be helping more - but I mean quality time with them - I don't know if I could live in 2 places - that would be kinda hard - plus I always hate saying good by - in fact I try to avoid it as much as possible.. So I understand - Hugs and being sick doesn't help at all..

I am so glad that easter is over, now all the candy will disappear in the stores... Yikes, its been talking to me!!!:(

Well ya those white choc reese bp cups just jumped in my basket - so I will be glad they are out of the store too...

Dad is out of surgery and finally in his room, the 2 hour procedure ended up taking 7, but all is well.

food choices, 3/4 c berry Protein drink, 1 160cal yogurt, 2 c Soup broth, med ice tea,1 c skim milk, water. Being trapped in the hospital has limited my choices, so while I have had to eat cafeteria food, I think I did okay. maybe someday I will find the right balance. I have ALWAYS had no problem NOT eating anything OR eating everything. My problem is finding the balance. Elyse picked up a diet book for her nutrition class, called The Skinny, it is very interesting and has some nice recipes. It focuses more on Portion Control, putting fruits & veggies with every meal and not denying anything, but putting things in balance. So between lapband and other ideas I know I will make it. Yep I will.

Karla - I have a hard time with cafereraita type food - it's too fatten or isn't band friendly - before I would think of notheing of getting the alfreado what ever - but now I know it's loaded with fat so I don't order it - plus too I don't want to pay full price for something I can't eat it all and unhealthy food for one meal isn't bad - but for 3 or 4 which the leftover would make - hell no - I usually just wait til I get home.. Plus those types of sistuations takes away my hunger - I can't eat if I'm upset like that (worried)

Hi ladies. Just got home from 3 miles. Yes, I have permission to walk. Nothing else, but I can walk. I have challenged my 3day team mates and since I can't do the longer walks yet...I get way too tired, if I can get 3 in per day with a couple of 4s thrown in, I won't lose ALL the time.

so 11 down 589 to go! Didn't manage to get on my wii fit this morning. Kids took over the tv. Tomorrow I will when they are out at daycare.

Food today was good except I didn't do breakfast. Water sucked so I'll be up half the night peeing because I'll spend the next hour and a half trying to meet quota.

How is everyone else's water doing? Has it become 2nd nature for you guys? I wish it had for me.

Okay...off to rest my muscles. Have a great night ladies.

Steph - I gotta play Wii with DS & family this weekend - boxing really a good work out - I really sucked at bowling - couldn't get the hang of when to push be or let go of b which ever it it - I don't think I would buy it for myself - but had fun playing it with the family..

Water - second nature - ya right - :o today 1 cup coffee (which I never count at water) and 3/4 of 16.9 water bottle that has been it for me - I am terribel most days - but have been getting 2 16.9 bottle in since I started with the pomegrante lemonade - and when I don't get enough I get terrible cramps in my ankles and feet... I will most likely get 3 6 oz glasses of my grape cranberry juice down before bed.. So that will make be at the 1/2 mark of my water for the day..