Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi ladies. Just a late night check in. Walked 4 miles tonight in the school hallways. That sucked the big toe! 16 laps, but it was rainy and cold.

Talked to Karla and gave her some mushie ideas. I think I still prefer some mushies. Yogurt is my best friend these days. I love mixing it with my Kashi (but no longer mushie then).

Had a decent food day. I hope when I get on my wii fit tomorrow, because Friday is always going to be my weigh day, I'm hoping it will say SOMETHING is gone...even though it's only been 3 days. by walking I'm more conscience about my food, because why screw up all the work I'm doing by eating a bunch of crap. Although I did listen to Janet tonight and decided to take her to heart. I'm doing a lot wrong still.

Karri, I ordered a Nike+ thing and a shoe lace keeper. It will be nice because I'll be able to track my mileage while I'm walking and it will be a lot less guess work. I'm tired of getting in my car after my walk to drive the route to see if I made it far enough.

Hopefully tomorrow will be nicer than today. Its supposed to be a cross training day but I am only allowed to walk, so I will do 3 miles tomorrow. I just don't want to wander the halls again.

Funny thing...these older guys were walking when I was finishing and the one asked me "What is Jeff up to? He working on getting himself a trophy wife? Does he know how high maintanence they are?" I just grinned. But when I told Jeff, he said, "Yes, you have become high maintenance." SLAP!!! But then I laughed.

Stephanie the trophy wife....I'll really have to go get boobs when I'm finished!

Steph, you ARE a trophy and don't you think otherwise!!!

Going to try some walking today!! We will see how far I get.

Think of me at school today, trapped inside with my FAVORITE student who 'mooned' the class when I had a sub AND shouted penis during the class period while I was with my dad. Plus I get the privilage of having him for 2 periods in the afternoon.

Thanks for the support about finding a new career. I did a little research last night and they have an accelerated nursing program that people with bachelors in another field can complete. It takes about 12 months. I am going to look into it. I am slow to change and I like routine. I need to decide if this is just a mid-life crisis, hit 50 last month, or if I am really unhappy.

It bares repeating...you all are the most wonderful people. You have been my rock, my sounding board, and I couldn't have done this without you!!!

By the way, instead of Cookies last night I had a fat free schwan's fudge bar. I am going to have to figure out a variety of legal 'sweets', I seem to be craving it in the evening.

You all have a great day, it is Friday and I don't have to go any where this weekend. MAYBE I will get some quilting done!!!! or even better (but just barely) some gardening done. My daffies are blooming and I haven't even had time to go sniff them.

Denise, again, go with your friends on the trip. Get recharged!!

Karri, keep working to find the balance!!

dang I better go get ready for work...I'd rather chat!

K

OMGosh...I went to the dailyplate and calculated the calories in my Breakfast Protein Drink that I make. I need to rename it...my 1/2 daily calorie allotment. It has 400 calories and 55 carbs...I know it is all 'good' food choices, but dang the caloreis and carbs snuck in there. So from now on, I need to look at either having half or eating something else.

Karri

I know you haven't been sleeping well - hope you got some good winks last night..

Steph

Love the trophy wife comment - that should be motivation right there to get the good eating habits back !!!

I would say that I tend to eat softer foods cuz they are easier and I don't get stuffed after 2 bites - I am still a volume eater with the band to a degree - I just watch my calories - but I want to be able to eat my whole dinner - it's very important to me..

Steph, you ARE a trophy and don't you think otherwise!!!

Going to try some walking today!! We will see how far I get.

Think of me at school today, trapped inside with my FAVORITE student who 'mooned' the class when I had a sub AND shouted penis during the class period while I was with my dad. Plus I get the privilage of having him for 2 periods in the afternoon.

Thanks for the support about finding a new career. I did a little research last night and they have an accelerated nursing program that people with bachelors in another field can complete. It takes about 12 months. I am going to look into it. I am slow to change and I like routine. I need to decide if this is just a mid-life crisis, hit 50 last month, or if I am really unhappy.

It bares repeating...you all are the most wonderful people. You have been my rock, my sounding board, and I couldn't have done this without you!!!

By the way, instead of Cookies last night I had a fat free schwan's fudge bar. I am going to have to figure out a variety of legal 'sweets', I seem to be craving it in the evening.

You all have a great day, it is Friday and I don't have to go any where this weekend. MAYBE I will get some quilting done!!!! or even better (but just barely) some gardening done. My daffies are blooming and I haven't even had time to go sniff them.

Denise, again, go with your friends on the trip. Get recharged!!

Karri, keep working to find the balance!!

dang I better go get ready for work...I'd rather chat!

K

OMGosh...I went to the dailyplate and calculated the calories in my breakfast Protein drink that I make. I need to rename it...my 1/2 daily calorie allotment. It has 400 calories and 55 carbs...I know it is all 'good' food choices, but dang the caloreis and carbs snuck in there. So from now on, I need to look at either having half or eating something else.

Karla

Try & Hope are 2 words that from now on are stricken from your vocabulary - in place of them you will use the word WILL...

Legal Sweets - That fudgecicle you had - sf Jello pudding cups (the dark choc is wonderful and so is the banana choc ones) - I don't eat jello or popsicle but again another option if you like them but again sf.

fruit with lite whip cream and a little splenda

Karri - what's that thing you do with the cream cheese and granoal & furit - !!!

What in the heck kind of pt drinks are you drinking dear 400 calories

Unjury Protein Powder had like 100 calories per scoop that gives you 20 grms pt -with the vanilla pt powder add 1 container of dannon lite fit yogurt in whatever flavor you want and fruit and ice in blender - total calories 200 - 250 depending on the fruit you add and how much.

With the choc pt powder I added a 1/2 banana..

Also I like the jay robb egg white protein vanilla - with lite oj - it taste like an orange julius and has only 200 calories - 120 for the pt which has 24 grms and 80 for the juice

You need to really get your pt in right now while you are healing..

check out Bariatric Advantage website - I think Steph has some too (websites) she has some kind of coffee drink that she loves ...

Karla - it's worth repeating you gotta read labels before you eat - you gotta know how many calories are in the foods you eat - since I eat mostly sf and low fat - the only thing I counted was pt grams and calories and that's what I logged..

Ok I gotta get my butt in gear - will cbl

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg875/115/16/67/

Thursdays numbers... day 1.... I'm not getting excited... I am joust going to do this ONE DAY AT A TIME....:blink:

Now I have to go back and read all the posts I missed.:lol:

HERE IS LINK TO CANADA TRIP POLL

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f94/poll-lucky-7s-trip-canada-92359/

Candice

KARLA, listen to Janet... she is very wise and practices what she preaches (not like me...lol)

Anyways stay within your totals for the day, and eat only what is on Canada's food guide. Ie Healthy cals. I challenge you today, and I challenge myself too...

WE can do it... under 1000 cals... and NO junk. o.k.??

Ok here's something to try - when you want to buy those candies - talk to yourself like you would if it were me wanting to buy and eat 3 candy bars - tell yourself all the reasons you shouldn't -

but make it a conversation to your split personallity - give that person a name - and when she wants to take over - talk to her mean - tell her that you aren't going to let her keep on making you unhealthy...

Gand quit thinking of this as a diet - focus on eating healthy - say to yourself - I am going to eat healthy all week long - I will say no to all the treats at work during the week - on Saturday - I will allow myself 1 treat (small like only one candy bar not 3)

Promise me to give this a try for 1 solid week - ok - Promiss me...

Oh Janet, you are SO smart!!! I like that idea about the SPLIT personality.. Now all I have to do is give "her" a name.. its gotta be a name that I don't like , my evil alterego... hummm we don't have any Janice's or Dianne's on the thread right? Its gotta be a name that I don't associate with one of my friends... oooh I just thought what about Judy or Candice/ Janice(J-is for Junk food) or "Juanita" Yeah, I think the DIanna (for Demon)...

:blink:

Karri - yes we were all a bit worried about you in the beginning about being anorix (sp) but that was really cuz you were exercising so much and eating very healthy but very low calorie.. I think that you have that part on an even keel now - will I guess not cuz you aren't eating healthy - but once you get back into the better food choices - I think you will be fine...

I am with you on having a specific eating plan - I am 21 months tommorrow (4/17) I am still eating Catfish, Rice & Veggies for dinner most nights - I don't vary my eating that much - Remember you use to have a menu - you cooked and had food you could eat at your disposal all the time...

That's what its going to take - being prepared at all times - cuz when you take me out of my comfort zone - and put me in a restaurant and I'm hungry - the Old Janet orders the food - but one thing I can count on - is that my band will stop be from eating the whole meal...

I don't think the original 50 thread is still here - it maybe - but if you went back to that thread and re-read it - you will find a post by me when I first found lbt - it will say something like this

"Im not so worried about getting the weight off (well I am shocked that I got 112 lbs off) it's where I will be in 5 yrs.

I have lost weight before and after about 2 yrs it starts creeping back on - cuz you have a bit of this or a bit of that and before you know it you are eating 1/2 cake again - 5 tacos for dinner - etc - you all know the drill.

We get relaxed in our eating - Well I am super aware of this and I try my very hardest not to let it happen - yes when I am away from home - I order busicuts & gravey for breakfast but heck eating like that every few months is ok with me cuz when I get home - I go back to eating my Fish.... I just don't allow myself to eat like that here in town..

Well one thing you have to look forward to is that when you come to visit we will be eating healthy- I have a plan that you are going to cook me one of your healthy meals and then I'm going to cook you mine - Do you like fish ????:lol:

Today was nice - it's suppose to start warming up this weekend with maybe even 100 sometime next week... And the Coachella Fest is this weekend !!! Roads are going to be busy..

Yes I agree the new rule about periods & comma - it due to Texting !!!

Well do you know that 281.144 people have veiwed our thread - I would say that we are quite popular and 13,493 replies :lol:

Have fun and your concert aka jazz fest tonite... It will be a blast !!

Karla - Ok since you were under your calories - but becareful -you are brand new and those little things aren't good habits to start now... You gotta reach for something else - I ususally drink my crangrape jucie at nite when my furr baby wakes me up to go out... I am a major nite time eater - so don't think it's easy for me but I know that I can't eat like I use to - those days are long gone 98% of the time...

And you have been under so much stress with your dad and all so - you are just getting a warning and not a ticket

I don't think you know this yet - but I'm the food cop - well Karri is too - We are the Lucky #7 police force and Also - Phyl gave me the title of Exercise cop too on my mentor thread... So You aren't going to get a ticket today - You have been given a freebie :lol:

With every ticket you gotta exercise for an extra 20 minutes and just like a speeding the worse the offense the more you have to exercise :lol:

OMG - That a brilliant idea - OK gang - I am going to give ticket (myself included) and depending how bad the offense was - we are all going to have to start exercise more to pay for those tickets !!!!

I love the TICKETS idea!!! I'm all for that.

oh ya I can't spell half the time - so don't worry about that everyone is use to me - i miss spell drop word type hear when I mean here - We understand anyway - who reads word for word anyways :0)

Don't you worry about spelling, we all type so fast that spelling just dosn't enter into it... Its about CONTENT not perfection.

Edited by peaches9

good morning ladies. I hope you all had a good night. I did.

High protien food/snacks/drinks at MyDietShopz.com for e-Z Weight Loss, e-Z Shopping, and e-Z Prices That is where I get my protien shake that is powder in a bottle and that I can take with me anywhere. Just add Water to the line and shake. The lady who introduced me to them told me that she puts on in the freezer for about a half hour after mixing it and it's just the perfect slushyness. I might have to try it. I actually plan on packing some for the 3day. They are light but may take up some room, so I don't know. Anyways, I drank them for the first year faithfully. My team said no protien shakes after week three but I couldn't get my Protein allotment in if I didn't. There are some other things there that I tried but I personally didn't like any of them. I have a bunch of Unjury that a friend gave me after she didn't need it anymore, but I was waiting for Jeff to climb on board before I used it.

Okay...the big news is that my wii fit this morning said I was down 1.5 pounds!!! I don't know how many times I've said it, but it bears repeating. Work the plan and the plan will work!!!! GRRRR. I hate it when it's myself saying "I told you so!" I don't know why I'm so obtuse. I'm going to start tracking on dailyplate again too. I've been really bad about that. It's time to get back on budget.

So far this morning, 1 container of yogurt, 1/2 cup of kashi. Now I need to go get me some water to drink. I don't want to hand out any water tickets!!! Be warned, if I'm going to get a food ticket, you guys are going to get water tickets!

Have a good day ladies.

good morning ladies. I hope you all had a good night. I did.

High protien food/snacks/drinks at MyDietShopz.com for e-Z Weight Loss, e-Z Shopping, and e-Z Prices That is where I get my protien shake that is powder in a bottle and that I can take with me anywhere. Just add Water to the line and shake. The lady who introduced me to them told me that she puts on in the freezer for about a half hour after mixing it and it's just the perfect slushyness. I might have to try it. I actually plan on packing some for the 3day. They are light but may take up some room, so I don't know. Anyways, I drank them for the first year faithfully. My team said no protien shakes after week three but I couldn't get my Protein allotment in if I didn't. There are some other things there that I tried but I personally didn't like any of them. I have a bunch of Unjury that a friend gave me after she didn't need it anymore, but I was waiting for Jeff to climb on board before I used it.

Okay...the big news is that my wii fit this morning said I was down 1.5 pounds!!! I don't know how many times I've said it, but it bears repeating. Work the plan and the plan will work!!!! GRRRR. I hate it when it's myself saying "I told you so!" I don't know why I'm so obtuse. I'm going to start tracking on dailyplate again too. I've been really bad about that. It's time to get back on budget.

So far this morning, 1 container of yogurt, 1/2 cup of kashi. Now I need to go get me some water to drink. I don't want to hand out any water tickets!!! Be warned, if I'm going to get a food ticket, you guys are going to get water tickets!

Have a good day ladies.

STEPH LMAO - LOVE THE WATER TICKET !!! I guess I better get going - so far today 16 oz - 48 to go... better go fill up the water bottle....

I am good on the Water ticket front. I am on liquids all day and the nutritionist that runs the support group here says that all liquids count...not just plain water, but anything liquids including milk, Protein Drinks, coffee, juice, Jello, and SF popsicles.

It is a damn good thing that I have committed to doing the 5 day pouch test because I honestly think that I would be stuffing my face with doughnuts today! We got a budget proposal today and it looks horrible. Sounds like I will be keeping my job most likely...BUT I may quit! They are talking about us going to to a 4 day work week where we will teach 5 straight periods without a break. We would work 4 10 hour workdays. The hours would be 7-5 With a 35 minute lunch. School would run from 7:30 - 3:30 and then our "prep period" would be from 3:30 to 5:00. I WILL NOT WORK ON THAT SCHEDULE. There is no way that I can work 2 jobs doing that. Where the hell is my running time? I am fighting back tears constantly. If they go with proposal B...then I pretty much lose my job! There is a no win situation here. If it wasn't for my lap-band/plastic surgery bill I would be fine. But that is 1100$ in bills a month. Believe me...we can't cut anything out unless I just stop paying my bills...which might be an option right now.

I know this is completely off topic (except that I am bragging that I am staying ON PLAN even though there are cupcakes less than a foot from my door and I can smell them) but you are my best friends and I needed to vent and cry on someone shoulder.

Okay folks, I did a miscalculations on my breakfast Protein shake... Somehow I calculated the yogurt & sk. milk at 1 cup EACH instead of about 3/4 c ALL together,, so the REAL calorie cost is 250. Much better than 400!!!

YES I will walk home tonight after school.

k

Karri, if it is any consolation, a lot of the smaller schools here in MT have or are going to 4 day weeks. My brother is on a school board that just elected to do that next year. When they were making plans and searching for schools that have done it, they interviewed a ton of teachers. All but 2 teachers and every kid said that they wouldn't go back to the other way. All but 5 had fought tooth and nail not to go to 4 day weeks. Most said that the quality of their classes improved, their students learned the material better, and there was a lot less absenteeism among the students...besides always getting a 3 day weekend. I know it would be a very tramatic change, but my father worked 4 tens for the last 10 years of his carreer (not teaching) and loved it.

Try to see the positives. It's hard when something like that is thrown at you. I don't have an answer for the 2nd job and when you will find time to run, but knowing you, you will make it work. You can deal with this just like you deal with anything else. Find the golden lining.

I am good on the Water ticket front. I am on liquids all day and the nutritionist that runs the support group here says that all liquids count...not just plain water, but anything liquids including milk, Protein drinks, coffee, juice, Jello, and SF popsicles.

It is a damn good thing that I have committed to doing the 5 day pouch test because I honestly think that I would be stuffing my face with doughnuts today! We got a budget proposal today and it looks horrible. Sounds like I will be keeping my job most likely...BUT I may quit! They are talking about us going to to a 4 day work week where we will teach 5 straight periods without a break. We would work 4 10 hour workdays. The hours would be 7-5 With a 35 minute lunch. School would run from 7:30 - 3:30 and then our "prep period" would be from 3:30 to 5:00. I WILL NOT WORK ON THAT SCHEDULE. There is no way that I can work 2 jobs doing that. Where the hell is my running time? I am fighting back tears constantly. If they go with proposal B...then I pretty much lose my job! There is a no win situation here. If it wasn't for my lap-band/plastic surgery bill I would be fine. But that is 1100$ in bills a month. Believe me...we can't cut anything out unless I just stop paying my bills...which might be an option right now.

I know this is completely off topic (except that I am bragging that I am staying ON PLAN even though there are cupcakes less than a foot from my door and I can smell them) but you are my best friends and I needed to vent and cry on someone shoulder.

Darling - I can't fix it - I wish I could - so Vent away !!!

But heres a suggestion that might hellp with the $$$ issues - send in smaller amounts on you lb & ps bills - that will help - call them up and re-neogiate your payment - most credit places are doing that now a days with pple getting laid off - I even heard Suzie Orman say something on that the last time I watched her - it can't hurt to try and something is better than nothing...

We had our Friday potluck for the pple who brown bag - we had home made ck pot pie - I had 1/2 of c max and only a bite of the crust - spinach salad with light balsamic dressing and no dessert - I have had 26 oz of water and am almost half was thru the 20 bottle now - oh had to stop and take a drink - now offically 36 oz of water only 28 more oz to go - no ticket for me today Steph !!!! Breakfast kashi oatmeal...

Gym in the a.m. - I am having a jewerly party tomorrow nite so tonite and tomorrow clean hows and make muchies - and some exoctic cocktail with coconut rum :0) (my planned treat tomorrow)

Okay folks, I did a miscalculations on my breakfast protein shake... Somehow I calculated the yogurt & sk. milk at 1 cup EACH instead of about 3/4 c ALL together,, so the REAL calorie cost is 250. Much better than 400!!!

YES I will walk home tonight after school.

k

KARLA - THERE YOU GO - YOU GOT IT GIRL !!!!

thankfully those calories were way off :0)

Just totalled my cals for the day so far. And here I thought I had done so well. I'm sitting at 860 right now. :) And only 33g Protein. I'm going to be getting myself a ticket :sad:

Karri, if it is any consolation, a lot of the smaller schools here in MT have or are going to 4 day weeks. My brother is on a school board that just elected to do that next year. When they were making plans and searching for schools that have done it, they interviewed a ton of teachers. All but 2 teachers and every kid said that they wouldn't go back to the other way. All but 5 had fought tooth and nail not to go to 4 day weeks. Most said that the quality of their classes improved, their students learned the material better, and there was a lot less absenteeism among the students...besides always getting a 3 day weekend. I know it would be a very tramatic change, but my father worked 4 tens for the last 10 years of his carreer (not teaching) and loved it.

Try to see the positives. It's hard when something like that is thrown at you. I don't have an answer for the 2nd job and when you will find time to run, but knowing you, you will make it work. You can deal with this just like you deal with anything else. Find the golden lining.

I have taught on a 4 day school week and I HATED it. I saw the exact opposite. You know what it was like coming back after a 3 day weekend. The kids forgot everything. Now do that EVERY week. Of course the kids love it! Most teachers that don't care about the education of their students love it too because they only have to work 4 days a week. I don't mind 4 10 hour days...in fact I would prefer it...if I was any other profession. I have taught for 8 straight hours without anything but a 30 minute break before and it about killed me. Like you I am not a teacher that just throws on a video and calls it good. My job is a full body workout ALL DAY LONG. I would like to know when I am going to get a chance to eat during that time. It really isn't the 4 day work week that I am freaking out about, but more the 4 day work week WITHOUT a prep period. But I don't really have any other choice. I just went and talked to my principal and he BEGGED me not to even consider going anywhere else. He has put me on the "safe" list at the district office for people whose jobs should not get cut because we believe in the "movement and vision in the district." Because it will ultimately be up to the school board on who to cut when it comes to laying off people who have identical seniority, those people on the "safe" list will get to keep their jobs. This principal though is not going to be here, but rather be at the charter school so he is hell bent on keeping me here. I asked him how I would teach here 4 days a week (at 10 hour days) and still do the charter school. He said that I would have to schedule all of my meetings with the students at the charter schools on Friday. He is actually advocating for the 4 day week because many parents have said that if this school district goes to a 4 day week that they might as well put their kids in the charter school where they have access to the best teachers.

A lot of schools in Oregon have gone to 4 day weeks but they are all small schools. We are the amongst the largest schools in the state and THE largest in the eastern half of Oregon.

We all know that I don't like to be in limbo about things so I just feel like everything is spiraling out of control. This is one of the reaosns that I am not sleeping at night, eating right, or giving a DAMN about anything is because I don't know what is going to happen. I undestand that I can't and shouldn't worry about it then, but I do and that is just who I am. Well I have to get to Mr. RHS dress rehearsal and then go home.

On a good note however , I am still fully on plan. And bucking the new rule to only put 1 space after periods!!!! BTW it would take me longer to ONLY put 1 space cause I would always put two, then have to press backspace to get rid of it!