Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Ready to hit the road. Engines running and about to pull out! Should be back online tonight. In the meantime, I'll be reading your posts on my Blackberry!!

Ready to hit the road. Engines running and about to pull out! Should be back online tonight. In the meantime, I'll be reading your posts on my Blackberry!!

Phyl - Have a safe trip - Have fun in 3 rivers at your freinds party - that should help with the sadness of leaving the Desert..

Good morning ladies. Kids off to daycare. Time for me to get up and off my butt and get something started.

Phyl, I hope you have a good trip. It is always hard to say goodby even if it's just for a short time. It will be good to be home though. I know you will be glad to be there. Have a great trip up. Have some fun.

I got on my wii fit this morning. There was definitely a reason I was avoiding it! See ticker below! But...it was good for me to see the number and be able to really think about how it has happened. So many people say they can do this without exercise. Not true! You have to move! I did this so that I could move. I'm not going to give me my back as an excuse. I should have found something else I could have done. GRRRR. So frustrated.

Well...off to do something, even if it is wrong. staying busy.

Hugs to a great day ladies!

Good morning ladies. Kids off to daycare. Time for me to get up and off my butt and get something started.

Phyl, I hope you have a good trip. It is always hard to say goodby even if it's just for a short time. It will be good to be home though. I know you will be glad to be there. Have a great trip up. Have some fun.

I got on my wii fit this morning. There was definitely a reason I was avoiding it! See ticker below! But...it was good for me to see the number and be able to really think about how it has happened. So many people say they can do this without exercise. Not true! You have to move! I did this so that I could move. I'm not going to give me my back as an excuse. I should have found something else I could have done. GRRRR. So frustrated.

Well...off to do something, even if it is wrong. staying busy.

Hugs to a great day ladies!

Darling

I am going to kick you friggin butt !!!! You just had back surgery - you were in major pain - how in the F do you think you could keep up with your exercise during this time - that's not an excuse that's a reason and there is a BIG diff between the two.

You are allowed to walk - so walk and that's it !!!

- once your doc has released you to do more then you can but you are still fricking healing !!!

Steph- I agree with Janet. A spine is not something to play with. What if you do some kind of damage to yourself? Walk only, don't jump around.

Phyl- Have a safe and lovely trip.

I went to curves today. I'm gonna go walk on the treadmill. I thought it was around 6:30. I just looked at the clock, it's 7:30. AHHHHHHH!!!!

Where does the time go?

I have to fill out the medicaid appl. for my Mom. It's a pain in the butt. They want a lot of paperwork. I'll have to go to DH's work tomorrow to make copies since I don't have work this week.

Steph- I agree with Janet. A spine is not something to play with. What if you do some kind of damage to yourself? Walk only, don't jump around.

Phyl- Have a safe and lovely trip.

I went to curves today. I'm gonna go walk on the treadmill. I thought it was around 6:30. I just looked at the clock, it's 7:30. AHHHHHHH!!!!

Where does the time go?

I have to fill out the medicaid appl. for my Mom. It's a pain in the butt. They want a lot of paperwork. I'll have to go to DH's work tomorrow to make copies since I don't have work this week.

Denise

Congrats on going to curves - yep that paper work will kill you - No school how nice ....

Hi ladies! just a quick check in.

Did 4 miles walking today. I think I need to explain my earlier comments. It wasn't that I was ready to get up and start doing things that I shouldn't, just that I should have been more in tune with what I was putting in my mouth and what I was not getting done the last 4 months. I should have found things I COULD do. I should have kept getting on the scale instead of avoiding it. I should have believed the mirror when I started seeing the fat reappearing. That's all I was saying.

Okay...Nick says that he wants me to snuggle with him for a few minutes. I'll be back!

Love you ladies.

Steph, you are so lucky. I wish I could still snuggle my baby. I'm not even allowed to touch him. I knew this day would come. I used to make him swear when he was little that he would never stop kissing and hugging me. HE LIED!!!!! A LOT!!!!! I getted kissed when he wants cash.

Steph, I am going to vote with Janet...but I also understand the food issues. I did fairly well until driving home from Billings to florence. I was feeling bad that I left dad and then the roads got icy and it went down hill from there. The only good thing was that I went for the 300 cal DOVE bar instead of the 1500 pint of B&J's. Stupid thing was that when I was half way through I didn't want it anymore, but ate it anyway. I know I don't have restriction but at least I am starting to hear my full signal. I don't always listen, but at least I hear it now, so tomorrow will be a new day.

We got dad into the rehab in the same hospital that he has been in. Toured the facility and talked to the people, it looks good. They want dad to wear real clothes and he will dine with the other rehab patients instead of in bed. The hard part was leaving. I finally saw my dad as a tired sick man with no hair and no muscle. He has always been the 6'5" muscle man with Elvis hair. He didn't want to do rehab, so I talked to the doctor and he didn't give dad a choice and focused on how good dad would feel afterwards. I had to tell a few fibs about the rehab. One of my daughters is a PA at a Heart Institute and when dad asked about what she thought about the rehab, I said that she insists that her pacemaker patients get rehab. God will probably strike me down, but I am hoping that I will be forgiven. Finally asked some of the hard questions...how long does dad have before the lung cancer takes him. Doctor says dad has a 25% chance of making 5 years and that the average patient makes 30 months. I know dad will make less than that, but I only pray that it will go fast at the end, at which time I lost it and bawled like a baby. I had to hide out before I could go back into the room. Dad is not a canidate for another round of Chemo & radiation, but they are putting him in a clinical study for an experiemental drug, he will have a 50/50 chance of getting the drug.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I couldn't have made it without all of you. Reading all of your posts kept me sane. AND I can't wait to meet you all in September!!

Hi ladies! just a quick check in.

Did 4 miles walking today. I think I need to explain my earlier comments. It wasn't that I was ready to get up and start doing things that I shouldn't, just that I should have been more in tune with what I was putting in my mouth and what I was not getting done the last 4 months. I should have found things I COULD do. I should have kept getting on the scale instead of avoiding it. I should have believed the mirror when I started seeing the fat reappearing. That's all I was saying.

Okay...Nick says that he wants me to snuggle with him for a few minutes. I'll be back!

Love you ladies.

Hey Steph,

It's called denial. I know all about it. It has hit me too. Oh, and I agree with Denise, Enjoy them while you can. They grow too too fast. Then you have to wait for the grandkids and then, with our luck, they live a couple hours away. JUST ENJOY THEM.....NOW

PHYL - Have a great trip home. Tell Earl to drive carefully. And, you know you'll be back there befor you know it. And just think, once you're home you can think about meeting up with all of us in Canada.

It's really late here (or should I say early??) and since I'm at my daughter's, my grandson will be waking me up in about three hours. I'll try to check in tomorrow sometime. I'm going to go to the funeral home tomorrow night and then head home the next day...Just to come back on Sunday for Gavin's 4th birthday party.

OOPS - forgot..I'm having trouble getting Water down too. And I never used to. I have to find a way to get rid of those demons sitting on my shoulders. (both of them) Either that, or get a labotomy,

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT ALL. (or should I say Morning?)

Good Morning! We arrived in Three Rivers mid afternoon yesterday. It's a little chilly, but pool is heated to 94! So, had a nice breakfast... healthy, but I had a few potatoes!! :wub::eek:

Earl was still outside!! I just made two copies of the Water aerobics CD and we're going to go out and do our routine.

Later, Jackie & I going to costco and to meet another LBT gal from the 60's thread (I think) for lunch at Panera bread. They have such good soups!

Later!

OH.... .it snowed in WA yesterday AGAIN!

Good morning ladies. I have a headache and can't seem to get rid of it. Woke up with it. I sit here and my head just throbs. Of course, I couldn't have had it when the kids were at daycare...now they are just making it worse.

Had kashi and yogurt for Breakfast. Great combo. I forgot how much I love them both. Yesterday was a good food day and I walked 4 miles besides painting for a couple of hours. The only downfall is now today I feel like crap. Hopefully that goes away by this afternoon so that I can do something today.

It rained here last night. Spring is definitely in the air.

Alright, gotta run. Going to try another shower and see if the heat helps my head. Have a good day ladies.

Steph, you are so lucky. I wish I could still snuggle my baby. I'm not even allowed to touch him. I knew this day would come. I used to make him swear when he was little that he would never stop kissing and hugging me. HE LIED!!!!! A LOT!!!!! I getted kissed when he wants cash.

OMG Denise - my GS is the same way !!! every now and then he will come out of the blue and tell me "luv you LaLa" and then I will asked - "whadda ya want Andrew or what did you do" :lol::lol: and some time - he does say nothing.

Last night he wasn't home when I go home from work and I usually will call him and ck on where he is.. Well you know he's now 18 and graduated.. It was 9:15 and the phone rang and it was him - asking why I hadn't called to check on him :wub: I said I was waiting til 9:30 to call - I thought that was so cute - they want to be so grown up - but they are still kids :eek:

Steph, I am going to vote with Janet...but I also understand the food issues. I did fairly well until driving home from Billings to florence. I was feeling bad that I left dad and then the roads got icy and it went down hill from there. The only good thing was that I went for the 300 cal DOVE bar instead of the 1500 pint of B&J's. Stupid thing was that when I was half way through I didn't want it anymore, but ate it anyway. I know I don't have restriction but at least I am starting to hear my full signal. I don't always listen, but at least I hear it now, so tomorrow will be a new day.

We got dad into the rehab in the same hospital that he has been in. Toured the facility and talked to the people, it looks good. They want dad to wear real clothes and he will dine with the other rehab patients instead of in bed. The hard part was leaving. I finally saw my dad as a tired sick man with no hair and no muscle. He has always been the 6'5" muscle man with Elvis hair. He didn't want to do rehab, so I talked to the doctor and he didn't give dad a choice and focused on how good dad would feel afterwards. I had to tell a few fibs about the rehab. One of my daughters is a PA at a Heart Institute and when dad asked about what she thought about the rehab, I said that she insists that her pacemaker patients get rehab. God will probably strike me down, but I am hoping that I will be forgiven. Finally asked some of the hard questions...how long does dad have before the lung cancer takes him. Doctor says dad has a 25% chance of making 5 years and that the average patient makes 30 months. I know dad will make less than that, but I only pray that it will go fast at the end, at which time I lost it and bawled like a baby. I had to hide out before I could go back into the room. Dad is not a canidate for another round of Chemo & radiation, but they are putting him in a clinical study for an experiemental drug, he will have a 50/50 chance of getting the drug.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I couldn't have made it without all of you. Reading all of your posts kept me sane. AND I can't wait to meet you all in September!!

Karla - Hugs GF my stepmom had lung cancer - just make sure that he get's the morphine when it's needed.. I would say her passing was peaceful - and my Dad's too - he die 1 month after her funeral from complication from colon bursting and he had congestive heart failure..

Hey Steph,

It's called denial. I know all about it. It has hit me too. Oh, and I agree with Denise, Enjoy them while you can. They grow too too fast. Then you have to wait for the grandkids and then, with our luck, they live a couple hours away. JUST ENJOY THEM.....NOW

PHYL - Have a great trip home. Tell Earl to drive carefully. And, you know you'll be back there befor you know it. And just think, once you're home you can think about meeting up with all of us in Canada.

It's really late here (or should I say early??) and since I'm at my daughter's, my grandson will be waking me up in about three hours. I'll try to check in tomorrow sometime. I'm going to go to the funeral home tomorrow night and then head home the next day...Just to come back on Sunday for Gavin's 4th birthday party.

OOPS - forgot..I'm having trouble getting Water down too. And I never used to. I have to find a way to get rid of those demons sitting on my shoulders. (both of them) Either that, or get a labotomy,

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT ALL. (or should I say Morning?)

Kari - you use to be our water queen !!!! Hugs on the loss of those babies - enjoy your GS bday - but not too much cake ok :wub:

Good Morning! We arrived in Three Rivers mid afternoon yesterday. It's a little chilly, but pool is heated to 94! So, had a nice breakfast... healthy, but I had a few potatoes!! :tt2::eek:

Earl was still outside!! I just made two copies of the water aerobics CD and we're going to go out and do our routine.

Later, Jackie & I going to costco and to meet another LBT gal from the 60's thread (I think) for lunch at Panera bread. They have such good soups!

Later!

OH.... .it snowed in WA yesterday AGAIN!

Phyl glad you arrived safely - yesterday the wind was suppose to be bad - but in Indio it wasn't - It's cold here right now 61 with a good breeze

Good morning ladies. I have a headache and can't seem to get rid of it. Woke up with it. I sit here and my head just throbs. Of course, I couldn't have had it when the kids were at daycare...now they are just making it worse.

Had kashi and yogurt for breakfast. Great combo. I forgot how much I love them both. Yesterday was a good food day and I walked 4 miles besides painting for a couple of hours. The only downfall is now today I feel like crap. Hopefully that goes away by this afternoon so that I can do something today.

It rained here last night. Spring is definitely in the air.

Alright, gotta run. Going to try another shower and see if the heat helps my head. Have a good day ladies.

Steph - I understand your frustrations - but please please don't punish yourself for the past - it is the past you can't change it all you can do is move forward - leave the past where it belongs and just make better choices going forward..

Well late in cking in this morning - had stuff to do -- Will cbl ladies

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from visiting Mom and turning in her Medicaid application. Her stomach is hurting her. She has a hugh hernia in her lower adomen the dr said he would not operate on. I don't think he thinks she could handle the operation. I don't know if that's the reason for the stomach ache.

DH's Dad is also in the hospital again, he was just in a few weeks ago for peeing blood and he is again. He has prostrate cancer that has spread to the liver. He's 83.

I got a call at 6 from the nursing home. They are sending my Mom back to the hospital. She had diar...... when I left, so the nurse gave her something. It didn't stop, and she started throwing up. They are concerned about the hernia, so I'm getting ready to go to the hospital.