Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Why oh why will my food not go down. I guess I should be thankful that this is only the first time in 2 weeks that I have been truly stuck but I still don't like it one bit.

Happy Birthday, Denise. And I hope you feel better.

Nah, Janet's not in bed. She's out there showing those boys the ropes, drinking Mqrgaritas and gambling. HAVE FUN, JANET!!!

Hey Steph, I saw online that Wyoming's having a blizzard. Are you in the middle of that? Man, that's enough to make one eat...and eat....and eat.........and eat.

I think I need another fill. I'm still burping a lot and I feel full. I just don't know when to quit and the food keeps going down and doesn't come back up so I think it is fill time.

Ok, gals.. I'm going to go for it. Earl has agreed to San Diego and I think once he meets the guy, he'll feel better about this. They can't see me on the date that I'd hoped, but will fit me in any day next week, so I'm going to negotiate with Earl and see if he'll agree to go down this Wed.

Awesome news, Phyl... I am glad Earl aquiesed. Tell him also that the DENTIST in Mexico has been a great experience for me... ALSO, my girlfriend is highschool is a Doctor in Toronto, On. and she went to MExico for her facelift and boob job.... she is cheap... but also wanted QUALITY WORK done... she swears by the Mexican surgeons that she had...

So I´´d do my research, just like the folks all did for Lapband and make an educated decision, not one based on fear.

I flew ALL BY MYSELF to Mexico.... no worries. SIster and DH picked me up at airport no problelmo..

My only hitch was I was bringing a bottle of Canadian Maple Syrup to my sisters Mexican GF... I had it wrapped in a double <Zip lock bag in my checked luggage--- when I got here it had been all opened up... guess they were searching for drugs on a single lady traveling alone...

I had to describe to one customs (U.S.) official exaclty what a Laser Therapist did.... can you beleive it??? I even offered to show him my pay stub.

Mexicans, no problem.

Love you guys, and see you soon.

Candice in Mexico ( Rio Verde)

:)

Happy Birthday, Denise. And I hope you feel better.

Nah, Janet's not in bed. She's out there showing those boys the ropes, drinking Mqrgaritas and gambling. HAVE FUN, JANET!!!

Hey Steph, I saw online that Wyoming's having a blizzard. Are you in the middle of that? Man, that's enough to make one eat...and eat....and eat.........and eat.

I think I need another fill. I'm still burping a lot and I feel full. I just don't know when to quit and the food keeps going down and doesn't come back up so I think it is fill time.

:eek: Happy Birthday Denise :heart: :huh2:

Peaches

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

I wonder what Janet's doing for my birthday?

My secretary bought me a light up tiara and wand.

We went out to eat to a nearby resturant that has been here my whole life, and for some reason I have never been to. It was good, but very over priced. I prefer good and reasonably priced.

Write big everyone we can add more pages that way.

I'm off to have my birthday bathe, and then I shall do some birthday homework.

TTFN

Oh, I feel a lot better today, nose still stopped up, but I got by today without Dayquil. It taste like poop, How come Nyquil is good, and dayquil can hardly be swallowed?

DS is sick, his head hurts.

Happy Birthday Denise!

Karri, I hope your band gets more cooperative.

Ladies, I had my complimentary workout with the trainer at the gym I just joined. At the end of the workout I almost threw up and thought I was going to pass out. Things started fading out to black. It took me nearly 15 minutes to recover enough to leave. I feel great now though and can empathize with how the people feel on Biggest Loser.

Knowing my mommy the teenagers are probably trying to get her to go to bed!!!

You are probably right!

Awesome news, Phyl... I am glad Earl acquiesced. Tell him also that the DENTIST in Mexico has been a great experience for me... ALSO, my girlfriend is high school is a Doctor in Toronto, On. and she went to Mexico for her face lift and boob job.... she is cheap... but also wanted QUALITY WORK done... she swears by the Mexican surgeons that she had... So I´´d do my research, just like the folks all did for Lapband and make an educated decision, not one based on fear.

I flew ALL BY MYSELF to Mexico.... no worries. SIster and DH picked me up at airport no problelmo..

My only hitch was I was bringing a bottle of Canadian Maple Syrup to my sisters Mexican GF... I had it wrapped in a double <Zip lock bag in my checked luggage--- when I got here it had been all opened up... guess they were searching for drugs on a single lady traveling alone...

I had to describe to one customs (U.S.) official exactly what a Laser Therapist did.... can you believe it??? I even offered to show him my pay stub. Mexicans, no problem.

Love you guys, and see you soon.

Candice in Mexico ( Rio Verde)

Nah! He changed his mind when he found out we had to go to TJ for the consult! And almost every night on the news they talk about all the problems at the "border towns" and that is not helping my cause!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

I wonder what Janet's doing for my birthday?

My secretary bought me a light up tiara and wand.

We went out to eat to a nearby restaurant that has been here my whole life, and for some reason I have never been to. It was good, but very over priced. I prefer good and reasonably priced.

Write big everyone we can add more pages that way.

I'm off to have my birthday bathe, and then I shall do some birthday homework.

TTFN

Oh, I feel a lot better today, nose still stopped up, but I got by today without Dayquil. It taste like poop, How come Nyquil is good, and dayquil can hardly be swallowed?

DS is sick, his head hurts.

Glad you had a good birthday!

Yes, we must produce LOTS of pages for Janet to read when she gets home! LOL

Dental appointment today was a total disaster. After 2 hrs in the chair three weeks ago, would you believe one of the crowns did NOT fit!??? I was so pissed!! So another 2 1/2 hrs in the chair. He got the first one cemented in place and worked and worked on the second one trying to make it fit. So after well after an hour he decides he can't make it work and he needs to redo the impression and order another crown!! so then he gets out his big long needle again to numb me up! He's TERRIBLE at doing that and I have a sore jaw again! First time it was sore for over two weeks. And I can tell this one is going to be sore for a while, too. And it didn't even work very well. He worked on the tooth again after that and did some more drilling and I could feel it! I didn't tell him because I knew if I did he would give me another shot. So I just gripped the armrests and kept quiet. Then the girl who was supposed to be retracting my cheek used something sharp at one point so now the corner of my mouth is sore. Am I whining! It was an extremely frustrating visit and I was there from 2pm until 4:45 pm and Wal Mart was right across the parking lot and DH went to costco and I didn't get to go anywhere except the dentist! So I had him drive through Starbucks and got me a SF FF latte to sip on my way home!

29_5_6.gif

Good evening ladies. Guess what!!!??!!

I'm HOME!!!!! How awesome is that? Sittin on my bed with my laptop. Just had some Kashi with frozen blueberries for late supper. Just now feeling the pain meds kick in.

We bought an Aerobed for the back of the Exp. and I layed on that the whole way. I was a little worried because I have horrible motion sickness in the back seat but dramamine did the trick. by the end of the 9 hours though, my back was barkin at me. I'll be happy to sleep in my sleep number tonight!!

I went back and read a little bit.

Phyl, my good friend is going to Dr. Ortiz the end of this week, I think I told you. The dr. office has been very good about discussing safety with her and she isn't worried at all. It's all about finding someone you trust. I wonder if they have clinic drivers that would come get you in SD and take you back? That might be something that they offer since they have so much American traffic. As for if you should do it....hell yes you should. I used to watch Big Medicine and one of the ladies had leg issues like you do. Like they said there, she had done as much as she could do herself. Now her legs were standing in her way. Once she had PS done, she was able to continue on her journey. It's not all vanity! And its okay if some of it is. We are women and we are allowed to want to look good. There is nothing wrong with a little vanity. I think if you have your legs done, you will feel much better and be able to exercise more/harder. I also think that you would feel more stable on your feet and be able to get around more without your scooter. I don't see any reason to wait.

I'm really jealous about all the fun travel you all are doing....but just being able to walk with so much less pain is amazing so I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Depending on surgery bills, I may have to forgo the Canada trip though. I'm still interested, but don't know what insurance will cover....and Jeff is talking a little more seriously about LB. Ortiz is just a little over 7k. When I told him that, his ears peaked a little. So we will see how money is flowing.

Okay....there was something else.....dammit!!!

Oh...happy birthday Denise, I hope you enjoyed it! I'd stay up to party with you, but the drugs have officially kicked my @$$.

Love you all ladies. Have a good night.

Phyl, my good friend is going to Dr. Ortiz the end of this week, I think I told you. The dr. office has been very good about discussing safety with her and she isn't worried at all. It's all about finding someone you trust. I wonder if they have clinic drivers that would come get you in SD and take you back? That might be something that they offer since they have so much American traffic. As for if you should do it....hell yes you should. I used to watch Big Medicine and one of the ladies had leg issues like you do. Like they said there, she had done as much as she could do herself. Now her legs were standing in her way. Once she had PS done, she was able to continue on her journey. It's not all vanity! And its okay if some of it is. We are women and we are allowed to want to look good. There is nothing wrong with a little vanity. I think if you have your legs done, you will feel much better and be able to exercise more/harder. I also think that you would feel more stable on your feet and be able to get around more without your scooter. I don't see any reason to wait.

I got the referral for Dr. Quiroz online and I think it was Dr. Ortiz' people that recommended him. They WILL send a cab to pick you up in San Diego, or at the parking lot just over the border. But Earl is just freaking out over the security issue. Dr's office has been emailing me and they said that their clinic is no where near the trouble areas. But I don't know what more I can do to convince Earl. He does not get how important this is to me. He did a little research of his own so now he's lecturing me about the danger to the blood vessels and nerves in your legs if you have liposuction... a word I made the mistake of using!

I got the referral for Dr. Quiroz online and I think it was Dr. Ortiz' people that recommended him. They WILL send a cab to pick you up in San Diego, or at the parking lot just over the border. But Earl is just freaking out over the security issue. Dr's office has been emailing me and they said that their clinic is no where near the trouble areas. But I don't know what more I can do to convince Earl. He does not get how important this is to me. He did a little research of his own so now he's lecturing me about the danger to the blood vessels and nerves in your legs if you have liposuction... a word I made the mistake of using!

I had Lipo and so did most of the people who had plastic surgery and a little bit of lipo. No damage to me!! I am still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Phyl, I think you know as well as we do that a LOT of Earl's concern comes from worrying about you and the thought that you might not always be there for him. It's a very scary thought for him. There is going to be no way to calm all of those fears. When you give him good reasons not to worry about a or b or c and you still get resistance, it tells me that the underlying issue isn't a or b or c. Until you really talk about the underlying issue, it isn't going to be "alright" with him. Getting to THAT talk, will probably take some getting too. Maybe a nice candlelight dinner to Celebrate something. After a couple glasses of wine, it might be a good time to broach the subject. Just a thought.

good morning ladies! Hope you had a great night. I almost said weekend....hehehe. I guess I'm the only one who has been slacking.

Pain pills are kicking in again. Going to try to stretch them out a little longer today. Being home I think I'll be able to do that. I have way too much to get done around this house to be all groggy. Thank goodness my mom is here with me! I opened the dishwasher and EVERY bowl and spoon is in there. I guess they only ate Cereal while I was gone. I wish I could get away with that! He probably wouldn't say anything, but the guilt would get to me. Do men not feel guilt? I don't know...it's crazy.

Okay...now I'm rambling, I'd better go. Talk to you all later. Have a great day! Love you all.

Oh Stephnie I am glad to hear that your´feeling so good. SITTING ON YOUR BED? that is awesome... I am so glad that surgery is behind you babe.

Don´t worry now about Canada, Leave it in Gods hands... I´ll bet something just works out so that you can come. We´d miss you!!

Phylñ I am so excited for you, getting your PS consult.. Whoo-hoo for you girl... keep on rockin' I´ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Janet is on the coast of Mexico by now having a blast I am sure! I´ll bee excited to hear all about her trip

Well my fillings are finished, just the crown fitting tomorrow to go... yeah-ha then I´ll be done with the Dentist.

They are so lovely here, he even brought in his neice to speak English to me... isn´t that sweet.. and really his(Dr) english is pretty good... between hand gestures, models of teeth, and scherades we´´ve understood each other pretty well.

Yest, one of my sisters Mexican lady friends had us over for ¨coffee¨ in the afternoon... well her house was marvelous, elegant and spacious... She made us cocktails, then Mexican Lasagne, then a HUGE homemade >Cake.... I had to have some, but I chewed very carefully, as half my face was still frozen!

She had all her children there to meet us , it was really nice.... Her husband was home from work )siesta time) so I got to meet him too... the whole family. Very nice .

BUT, they keep their dogs outside!!!! all the time.. I didn´t like that, I wanted to go out in the back yard and play with them!!! Just a difference in culture I guess.. Pets are pets, humans are humans....

I spoil my dogs, they are my bambinos.

The hostess, Norma asked me how many children I had.. I said Uno,, she looked puzzled... also my sister only has one child too.

So she asked me why Canadians don´t have bigger families... it seemed weird to her... we all just laughed... Said our Cdn husbands just weren´´t that sexy.....

She laughed her head off at that one...

Also this conversation is a lot of hand language and the odd word english and for me the odd word in Spanish... it was fun.

They all had to hug and kiss me adios!

Then we had to come home and make dinner for my BIL cause he was starved by then.( he came home to an empty house)

Keybourd here is weird

Typing is a real effort.

I am waiting for my SIster and her friend Olivia to pick me up.... I guess I got out of the dentists office earlier than they thought.

hopefully more later,

Peaches

Candace! What a visit. It must have been amazing. Something to hoot about for years. and Canadian husbands not being very sexy!!!! I almost popped a staple! None of that now. You wouldn't want me to have a relapse!

I wish the sun was able to break through the clouds here. Having trouble with that. I'm going to take one of my hounds out for a walk today. Jeff looked at me like I was nuts but I need to get around the block at least. I'll take it easy but I also need to start moving. I promise to take it slow. ... and if I take my girly hound she walks so daintily.

For now....need to take a nap. Talk to you later!

I am open for suggestion for our 3day team name.

So far our team, if everyone signs up who says yes right now, Karri (science teacher), Me (team captain), Jean (MT math curriculum supervisor, my boss), Estelle (math teacher), Chris (not sure what she does, but from my original December thread...Christasha), Jennie (possibly, Math teacher prof at MSU...but don't know if she really will go through with it.) That would be who I have heard would like to be on the team. I'm thinking Karri might have a few more from that area who she might want to team up. They say in their stuff that they are handicapped ready but don't know what that means in specifics....but I think Phyl should be a member too. If not, Phyl will be at the cheering stations cheering us on, I know it!!!

So, we need a team name. Not all educators but most are, not all bandsters but 3 are, all very special ladies though. So....what do you all think?

As far as our walking outfit....I don't know about everyone else, but I love the new scrub hats I saw in the hospitals the last couple of weeks. There is the kind that tie behind and then there is the kind that are similar to a hair net. They come in EVERY concievable fabric color. I think they would be very fun for our heads. Just a thought.

I'm assuming doc will say no problem on Friday...so I'm getting excited. I still would love to have more of the 7's join. I think it would be so great! The more the merrier.

But even if the 7's don't do the walk, I KNOW you will all support us in other ways, and one way I would like you to, is to have input on our outfits and names and fun stuff like that.

Okay....my latest round of meds must have kicked in and I'm babbling again. I'll sign off before it really gets silly. Hugs ladies!

I am open for suggestion for our 3day team name.

So far our team, if everyone signs up who says yes right now, Karri (science teacher), Me (team captain), Jean (MT math curriculum supervisor, my boss), Estelle (math teacher), Chris (not sure what she does, but from my original December thread...Christasha), Jennie (possibly, Math teacher prof at MSU...but don't know if she really will go through with it.) That would be who I have heard would like to be on the team. I'm thinking Karri might have a few more from that area who she might want to team up. They say in their stuff that they are handicapped ready but don't know what that means in specifics....but I think Phyl should be a member too. If not, Phyl will be at the cheering stations cheering us on, I know it!!!

So, we need a team name. Not all educators but most are, not all bandsters but 3 are, all very special ladies though. So....what do you all think?

As far as our walking outfit....I don't know about everyone else, but I love the new scrub hats I saw in the hospitals the last couple of weeks. There is the kind that tie behind and then there is the kind that are similar to a hair net. They come in EVERY conceivable fabric color. I think they would be very fun for our heads. Just a thought.

I'm assuming doc will say no problem on Friday...so I'm getting excited. I still would love to have more of the 7's join. I think it would be so great! The more the merrier.

But even if the 7's don't do the walk, I KNOW you will all support us in other ways, and one way I would like you to, is to have input on our outfits and names and fun stuff like that.

Okay....my latest round of meds must have kicked in and I'm babbling again. I'll sign off before it really gets silly. Hugs ladies!

Can you post the website again? And I forgot the dates. I want to put it on my calendar now, so I can make sure I keep the dates open... and plan our trip south around it.

Here's a corny name.... "Band Teachers"... har har har.. get it... (Lap) Band and Teachers?? Okay, that won't work! Just couldn't stop myself from throwing it out!

Sure can tell you've been in the hospital!! :thumbup::biggrin::thumbup: Scrub hats, huh? Cute idea, but I think the hair net ones might be annoying... the rubber band thing used to drive me nuts when I had to wear them. The tie on ones might be cute. Are you thinking t-shirts? Didn't someone here say they did t-shirts or knew someone who did?? Just a suggestion... do v-neck.

Lips & jaw still sore from that really annoying dental visit yesterday! But I got my hair cut to boost my spirits and put me in a better mood. Today I was supposed to be in TJ for my consult, so I had that on my mind all day! Dh took my photos in underwear last night & I emailed them to the clinic, so may be hearing from the doctor in a day or two. He is supposed to call me with his "consult" since I couldn't go down there.

18_3_110.gif 18_3_110.gif 18_3_110.gif 18_3_110.gif 18_3_110.gif

Oh, look!!

Those little guys have those scrub hats on, too!!