Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Boy, I sound like a spoiled brat! Went to Cuba in Dec, went to Las Vegas in Jan, now Mexico in March....

I sure can't complain about not getting around eh?

Peter is staying home to watch the dogs, and work... he is kinda pouting the last couple of days... ah well, I'll have to bring him home a present!

But no tequila, he hates that!

175 on the scale this morning!! Now, I just have to stay on the straight and narrow next week. My sister has a computer so there is no excuse to not logging into SparkPeople.com and tracking my food.< /p>

35 lbs to go!~

SEE... YOU'RE not afraid to go to Mexico either!

DH is flipping out over this! Told me I'm NOT going to TJ and have surgery done by "some QUACK".

I told him he's NOT the BOSS of me!!

:ohmy:

But he did agree to take me to San Diego for the consult.

Have a GREAT time down there!

Where in Mexico are you going?

8_11_1.gif 26_9_1.gif 8_11_2.gif

Where is everyone today?? Too quiet!

So.... DH won't take my pictures because he refuses to let me email naked pictures to the doctor's office!

:ohmy: :tt1::tt2::):lol:

BUT, as I said, he has now agreed to go to San Diego with me for a consult. So I requested an appointment for Saturday, April 4th because we have to get up at the "crack of dawn" that day to take DD to the Ontario airport.... 2 hr drive, have to be there at least 60-90 minutes ahead of time and guess what time her flight home is???? 6:30 a.m.!! I don't know what she was thinking! But I guess that will work out... if we go to San Diego from there. So here's hoping they have an appointment available that morning!

Do you guys think I'm nuts for wanting to get my legs done before I get to goal??

That is awesome, if you and Linda went together@!!

Janet; have fun on your cruise.

I'll be away next week... going to MEXICO to get my teeth done... saveing $2000

:ohmy:

Yep Mexico is a lot cheaper for everything - So we both are going to be in Mexico at the same time :w00t:

Boy, I sound like a spoiled brat! Went to Cuba in Dec, went to Las Vegas in Jan, now Mexico in March....

I sure can't complain about not getting around eh?

Peter is staying home to watch the dogs, and work... he is kinda pouting the last couple of days... ah well, I'll have to bring him home a present!

But no tequila, he hates that!

175 on the scale this morning!! Now, I just have to stay on the straight and narrow next week. My sister has a computer so there is no excuse to not logging into SparkPeople.com and tracking my food.< /p>

35 lbs to go!~

Candice - Yep bring him a nice present - and Yes GF you are the ultimate traveler - Vegas - Cuba - Mexico - France...

Congrats on your 175 - yep just remember France - Wedding and Us !!!!

SEE... YOU'RE not afraid to go to Mexico either!

DH is flipping out over this! Told me I'm NOT going to TJ and have surgery done by "some QUACK".

I told him he's NOT the BOSS of me!!

:)

But he did agree to take me to San Diego for the consult.

Have a GREAT time down there!

Where in Mexico are you going?

8_11_1.gif26_9_1.gif 8_11_2.gif

HELL FREAKING NO YOU ARE NOT NUTS - OK HOW AM I GOING TO SAY THIS - IT'S WITH ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD PHYL YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU DEARLY - YOU ARE MY GOOD BIG SIS (vs my bad/mean sister) OK HERE GOES..

With how you carry your weight - even at goal your legs are not going to be too great and that in it self is going to be really bad for your morale - that area of the body is the hardest to lose the weight from.

I think that if you got the surgery now - heck you would loose quite a bit of weight from the excess skin and fat that's there - I would venture to say 20 lbs mini mum - and heck you have less than 30 to goal right.. I think the surgery would get you to goal personally - I think it would do so much for your self confidence - I think it would help so much with your knee issues and make it easier when you get those done

No you aren't crazy - come over to my house I'll take a picture of you in your underwear - and we can send it from my computer - Earl doesn't have to know :tt2:

I really really feel that you need the consult and DH is going to have to fork over the $$ - and shut up and go along with the program - the doc's in Mexico are good.. Just like here in the States - we have bad doc's too..

Ok I answered this first - now back to the top

Ok now back to washing and figuring out what I really need to take...

cbl -

Hey Phyl

Let me know how it goes. If he's cheap enough, can I go too? I went to Dr. Ortiz. I'm not scared of Tijuanna either.

Janet - Have fun on your cruise. Where are you going again? Don't forget us, while you're gone.

Steph - Glad you are doing so good. Couldn't believe you got out the same day of surgery. Just be sure you don't get hooked on those loopy pills. So, are we going to see you in Canada this summer??

Hey Phyl

Let me know how it goes. If he's cheap enough, can I go too? I went to Dr. Ortiz. I'm not scared of Tijuanna either.

Janet - Have fun on your cruise. Where are you going again? Don't forget us, while you're gone.

Steph - Glad you are doing so good. Couldn't believe you got out the same day of surgery. Just be sure you don't get hooked on those loopy pills. So, are we going to see you in Canada this summer??

Darling I could never forget my girls !!!!

Yes we are on for Canada - You Me Linda Phyl and of course Candice and maybe Steph - also Linda & Phyl's DH'S maybe

Im going to Pureto Viarta - Mazatlan - Cabo - 3 port 3 days on ship.. Oh that just reminded me - I need to cash a bigger check - I forgot about gambleing :smile: I need $$$ for that...

I will see how much it cost for computer time - if not too much I most likely will buy some mintue we will see..

So.... DH won't take my pictures because he refuses to let me email naked pictures to the doctor's office!

:smile: :):w00t::laugh::thumbup:

BUT, as I said, he has now agreed to go to San Diego with me for a consult. So I requested an appointment for Saturday, April 4th because we have to get up at the "crack of dawn" that day to take DD to the Ontario airport.... 2 hr drive, have to be there at least 60-90 minutes ahead of time and guess what time her flight home is???? 6:30 a.m.!! I don't know what she was thinking! But I guess that will work out... if we go to San Diego from there. So here's hoping they have an appointment available that morning!

Do you guys think I'm nuts for wanting to get my legs done before I get to goal??

I do not think that you are crazy to get your legs done before goal at all. Some PS docs will tell you that getting the plastic surgery can actually help you get to goal. I only have 1 piece of advice and that is to be careful AFTER surgery that you can maintain your dilegence with your eating and exercising. You will look so much better after surgery and you will have to go several weeks without exercising and your mind can do terrible things to you. There are several of us that have had PS and then gone off the deep end because we look HOT and therefore don't think we need to watch what we eat. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID...I know...but it has happened to more than one of us.

While most of us went through Lap-band to get healthy or prevent health issues, looking better is certainly part of it and so I say GO FOR IT!:lol::lol::lol:

Ok, gals.. I'm going to go for it. Earl has agreed to San Diego and I think once he meets the guy, he'll feel better about this. They can't see me on the date that I'd hoped, but will fit me in any day next week, so I'm going to negotiate with Earl and see if he'll agree to go down this Wed.

I do not think that you are crazy to get your legs done before goal at all. Some PS docs will tell you that getting the plastic surgery can actually help you get to goal. I only have 1 piece of advice and that is to be careful AFTER surgery that you can maintain your dilegence with your eating and exercising. You will look so much better after surgery and you will have to go several weeks without exercising and your mind can do terrible things to you. There are several of us that have had PS and then gone off the deep end because we look HOT and therefore don't think we need to watch what we eat. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID...I know...but it has happened to more than one of us.

While most of us went through Lap-band to get healthy or prevent health issues, looking better is certainly part of it and so I say GO FOR IT!:thumbup::lol::)

That's interesting about those who have had ps - I read the threads occassionally mostly to look for those who have had their arms done and see their pictures.

I think that even without the surgery that;s the whole problem with maintaining is that we know we look good and a little this or that doesn't put on the weight - so it's a little more of this or that - a day or two missed of exercise oh that won't hurt - Well ya all those things add up and it does hurt - the lbs come back.

I know that I have 4 more months til 2 yr anniversary - and in the past I have kept the weight off for 2 yrs - but then it slowly creeped back on - I spoke of this in the begining - my whole things was were I will be in 3-4-5 yrs after losing the weight -

For me having the PS and not being able to exercise for a while - worries me - getting out of my routine - you all know how that is - once you get out it's so hard to get back into it.

And you are so right about the looking good - I know I say it's icing on the cake - but I gotta say I love it - I do love the way I look today - I love being called tiny, skinny.

On my mentor thread a lot of the ladies don't get that from their families or friends - I guess I'm lucky - I do - I get that reinforcement and I think that helps with not going back to my old ways. That and just cuz I feel so much better.

I just realized this morning (yes it was 4:20 when I got up) that I am going to be able to take the stairs on the ship..

For those of you who haven't crusied the 1st day on ship the elevators are jammed packed and very slow with 2500+ pple getting on ship - so it's faster to take the stairs (I'm on the 7th deck) - Sitting having my coffee this morning - I thought oh - I will be able to take the stairs with no problems this time. What a great NSV for me !!!

Also another great NSV is to be able to go zip lining !! There is a 220 lbs weight limitation - No problem !!!

Well, this all goes to why I have kept so diligent on my exercise - it has to be a way of life along with the healthy eating - Between those 2 things and all of you - It has helped me stay on that mindset

The support here - the accountablity here is very motivating...

I know I haven't said it in a long time - but I think of you guys daily in my life. Oh I gotta tell Karri this or I gotta tell Phyl that - Candice will love this - Steph will understand you get my drift.

You all are such a big part of my life and I am so very happy that we are together. Isn't it funny - that being on lbt gave us a whole new family..

Omw - I am sentimental this morning - I don't pms any more - but this must be one of those times where I have the symptoms of it anyway - In the past when I got pms I use to get very angry then towards the end - I got very lovie dovey I would tell my Xdh - oh I love you and he would say you must be pmsing and then I would look at the calendar and say oh ya I am :smile:

Really I think cuz I am going to be missing you all - a whole week with out you guys... I have never been gone a whole week from here... That's scary for me.. So I may just have to buy the minutes on the ship and pop in to say hi quickly...

Ok, gals.. I'm going to go for it. Earl has agreed to San Diego and I think once he meets the guy, he'll feel better about this. They can't see me on the date that I'd hoped, but will fit me in any day next week, so I'm going to negotiate with Earl and see if he'll agree to go down this Wed.

Ok now I really am going to have to check in !!! To see how that goes!!

Ya I think that once he mets the doc and sees how clean the facalties are he will change his mind..

Good Morning Gang - Yep I'm up early - I think it's cuz I am really excited and I want tomorrow to get here..

Having coffee waiting for 7 to hit the gym (so I can pack my tennis shoes) then go get my hair cut at 9 then nails - a little target shopping - wash my sheets - vaccum my room.

Oh did I tell you - I am packed - was worried my stuff wouldn't fit in my new suitcase - so packed it last night - fits like a dream with a little room left - not much - but this is the kicker - I have one suit case just for shoes !!!

It's my little rolling carry on - I have casual black shoes - dressy black shoes - my fun multi color heels - white shoes - tennis shoes and yes threw in 3 pairs of flip flops on top of that..

The problem now a days is that my shoes now consist of heels well really platform type shoes where as before all I wore was flats (thong sandals) cuz that's all my feet could stand and even walking in those hurt my feet - Now I can walk all day in some of my casual platform type shoes..

Ok off the fb to play some pathword

I will ck back later..

Hugs & Love Janet

That's interesting about those who have had ps - I read the threads occasionally mostly to look for those who have had their arms done and see their pictures.

I think that even without the surgery that;s the whole problem with maintaining is that we know we look good and a little this or that doesn't put on the weight - so it's a little more of this or that - a day or two missed of exercise oh that won't hurt - Well ya all those things add up and it does hurt - the lbs come back.

I know that I have 4 more months til 2 yr anniversary - and in the past I have kept the weight off for 2 yrs - but then it slowly creeped back on - I spoke of this in the beginning - my whole things was were I will be in 3-4-5 yrs after losing the weight -

For me having the PS and not being able to exercise for a while - worries me - getting out of my routine - you all know how that is - once you get out it's so hard to get back into it.

And you are so right about the looking good - I know I say it's icing on the cake - but I gotta say I love it - I do love the way I look today - I love being called tiny, skinny.

On my mentor thread a lot of the ladies don't get that from their families or friends - I guess I'm lucky - I do - I get that reinforcement and I think that helps with not going back to my old ways. That and just cuz I feel so much better.

I just realized this morning (yes it was 4:20 when I got up) that I am going to be able to take the stairs on the ship..

For those of you who haven't cruised the 1st day on ship the elevators are jammed packed and very slow with 2500+ pple getting on ship - so it's faster to take the stairs (I'm on the 7th deck) - Sitting having my coffee this morning - I thought oh - I will be able to take the stairs with no problems this time. What a great NSV for me !!!

Also another great NSV is to be able to go zip lining !! There is a 220 lbs weight limitation - No problem !!!

Well, this all goes to why I have kept so diligent on my exercise - it has to be a way of life along with the healthy eating - Between those 2 things and all of you - It has helped me stay on that mindset

The support here - the accountability here is very motivating...

I know I haven't said it in a long time - but I think of you guys daily in my life. Oh I gotta tell Karri this or I gotta tell Phyl that - Candice will love this - Steph will understand you get my drift.

You all are such a big part of my life and I am so very happy that we are together. Isn't it funny - that being on lbt gave us a whole new family..

Omw - I am sentimental this morning - I don't pms any more - but this must be one of those times where I have the symptoms of it anyway - In the past when I got pms I use to get very angry then towards the end - I got very lovie dovey I would tell my Xdh - oh I love you and he would say you must be pmsing and then I would look at the calendar and say oh ya I am :thumbup:

Really I think cuz I am going to be missing you all - a whole week with out you guys... I have never been gone a whole week from here... That's scary for me.. So I may just have to buy the minutes on the ship and pop in to say hi quickly...

Ok now I really am going to have to check in !!! To see how that goes!! Ya I think that once he meets the doc and sees how clean the facilities are he will change his mind..

Good Morning Gang - Yep I'm up early - I think it's cuz I am really excited and I want tomorrow to get here..

Having coffee waiting for 7 to hit the gym (so I can pack my tennis shoes) then go get my hair cut at 9 then nails - a little target shopping - wash my sheets - vacuum my room.

Oh did I tell you - I am packed - was worried my stuff wouldn't fit in my new suitcase - so packed it last night - fits like a dream with a little room left - not much - but this is the kicker - I have one suit case just for shoes !!!

It's my little rolling carry on - I have casual black shoes - dressy black shoes - my fun multi color heels - white shoes - tennis shoes and yes threw in 3 pairs of flip flops on top of that..

The problem now a days is that my shoes now consist of heels well really platform type shoes where as before all I wore was flats (thong sandals) cuz that's all my feet could stand and even walking in those hurt my feet - Now I can walk all day in some of my casual platform type shoes..

Ok off the fb to play some pathword

I will ck back later..

Hugs & Love Janet

I don't think I'll slack off on my exercise, etc. if I have the PS because I will not yet be at goal. So I won't be looking THAT great! Every now and then I see myself in a mirror at a certain angle and I think, "yeah, you've got a ways to go yet so don't get cocky!!" Like last night! And I've set my goal fairly high for my height and may want to go lower once I get there, like you did. But I do have you gals to keep me on track! You are right... we are FAMILY! We CARE about each other and we stick together.

Reading your posts, I'm almost as excited as you are about this cruise!! Wow... a girl after my own heart with all those shoes! Earl always has a fit over my shoes! But I don't think even I would take that many pairs of flip flops! Unless, of course, you need certain colors for certain outfits. Earl doesn't get that either. He brought three pairs of shoes for the whole winter... crocs, white tennies and a pair of dress shoes he actually bought here on sale at Christmas time... slip ons, and they are the ugliest clunkiest looking things you ever saw. But they were like $80-100 shoes on sale for $20 and they fit so he HAD to buy them no matter what they looked like! But, back to subject.... you're making me want to go on a cruise again!

I thought I was in for some pouting when Earl didn't get up until almost 8 a.m.... he's usually up at 6 every day. That's the first sign of a good pout.... sleeping a lot. But he's still speaking to me, so guess not! :smile: He did let me know last night he has agreed to San Diego ONLY because we say we're going to go every winter and we never have! It was one of the stops on our honeymoon trip almost 45 years ago!

Have a Red Hat PJ party to go to this morning.

CBL

Wish we'd get another update from Steph.

Hope she's not dealing with too much post op pain.

Phyl I am sure that you won't stop the exercise, but I just wanted to throw that out there because I wish someone had informed me that it could be an issue. When I first had PS they pretty much had to tie me in my chair to keep me down. However, after sitting on my rear for 6 weeks the laziness came back with a vengence. I feel like I am starting over with my routine.

Mommy - Have fun on your cruise tomorrow. DH and I keep talking about going on one and I think we will as soon as I pay off all of my surgeries. He pretty much will tag along with me wherever I want to go. When we first got together he said he wasn't much of a traveler...but he seems to get just excited as I do when I suggest going somewhere.

Phyl, good luck with the consult. I know I'm going to need a Tummy Tuck when I get to goal. I'm tenatively planning for next February when I get my bonus. I joined the local gym yesterday and have my first appt. with the trainer next Tuesday to go over the target exercises. Hopefully the exercising will kick the weight loss back into gear. I've been plateauing between 174-176 for the past 2 weeks or so.

Phyl I am sure that you won't stop the exercise, but I just wanted to throw that out there because I wish someone had informed me that it could be an issue. When I first had PS they pretty much had to tie me in my chair to keep me down. However, after sitting on my rear for 6 weeks the laziness came back with a vengence. I feel like I am starting over with my routine.

Mommy - Have fun on your cruise tomorrow. DH and I keep talking about going on one and I think we will as soon as I pay off all of my surgeries. He pretty much will tag along with me wherever I want to go. When we first got together he said he wasn't much of a traveler...but he seems to get just excited as I do when I suggest going somewhere.

My exercise challenge comes when we leave here! I love my Water aerobics, and have to find something else when we leave the RV park and go home!

Most people want to go somewhere warm on a cruise, but being that you're in the NW, you can drive to Seattle. Alaska cruises out of Seattle come pretty cheap... like $699. We've gone twice and LOVE it!

Good Morning Gang !!!!

Today is the day and the stupid weather is not cooperating - it's windy and Long Beach (port that I am leaving from) 61 degrees with 60% chance of rain - I am going to have to change what I am wearing or take my leather jacket - I hate doing that cuz I will have to pack it on the return trip !!!

Phyl yep the sandal are for outfits - red thongs (not underwear:tt2:) to go with white bermuda's and that Red Teeshirt I got at chicos in PS when we are with Linda - and then a pair of black and white - just incase I don't feel like wearing my others shoe that all are wedgies or platforms kind of sandals.. Yep I am taking too much but what the heck you never know what you are going to feel like wearing...

As to PS not getting you to goal - I think it's going to get you closer than you think it will - but I agree about moving your goal - I did that as you all know - made goal something I thought I could get to - then my little Karri joined and motivated me to get lower.. You are really good about doing your Wii when at home !!

Ok - sheets are done - just heard the dryer - I am going to go make the bed - it's 5 30 - I know I have tons of time still but I need to shower dress pack the stuff that has to wait til this morning - get gas - p/u Andrew's cousin and hit the road... I just want to be at the port - have to allow time for traffic - flat tire - potty breaks etc... I think that dream I had last week about almost missing the boat is playing on my mind..

You guys gotta know that this is the first time I have gone on a cruise by myself - and really that's what I am doing - I got 2 teenagers - I always have had another adult to confere with - I'm the only one - this is going to be werid... I know that I portray that I am a super confindant grown up but really I am a little kid inside - I just know how to fake it well... I have 2 kids that I am responsible for all by myself...

Ok - I love you all !! Am going to miss you all !!!

I will think about you guys everyday !!! Will toast you all each day with my Drink of the Day - I also got some pomagranite lemonaide (delisous) and plan to make my own drinks too for less calories - packed popcorn - lets see if it gets thru security..

Hugs & Love - Janet !!!!

Good Morning Gang !!!!

Today is the day and the stupid weather is not cooperating - it's windy and Long Beach (port that I am leaving from) 61 degrees with 60% chance of rain - I am going to have to change what I am wearing or take my leather jacket - I hate doing that cuz I will have to pack it on the return trip !!!

Phyl yep the sandal are for outfits - red thongs (not underwear:tt2:) to go with white bermuda's and that Red Teeshirt I got at chicos in PS when we are with Linda - and then a pair of black and white - just incase I don't feel like wearing my others shoe that all are wedgies or platforms kind of sandals.. Yep I am taking too much but what the heck you never know what you are going to feel like wearing...

As to PS not getting you to goal - I think it's going to get you closer than you think it will - but I agree about moving your goal - I did that as you all know - made goal something I thought I could get to - then my little Karri joined and motivated me to get lower.. You are really good about doing your Wii when at home !!

Ok - sheets are done - just heard the dryer - I am going to go make the bed - it's 5 30 - I know I have tons of time still but I need to shower dress pack the stuff that has to wait til this morning - get gas - p/u Andrew's cousin and hit the road... I just want to be at the port - have to allow time for traffic - flat tire - potty breaks etc... I think that dream I had last week about almost missing the boat is playing on my mind..

You guys gotta know that this is the first time I have gone on a cruise by myself - and really that's what I am doing - I got 2 teenagers - I always have had another adult to confere with - I'm the only one - this is going to be werid... I know that I portray that I am a super confindant grown up but really I am a little kid inside - I just know how to fake it well... I have 2 kids that I am responsible for all by myself...

Ok - I love you all !! Am going to miss you all !!!

I will think about you guys everyday !!! Will toast you all each day with my Drink of the Day - I also got some pomagranite lemonaide (delisous) and plan to make my own drinks too for less calories - packed popcorn - lets see if it gets thru security..

Hugs & Love - Janet !!!!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL time!! So sorry about the lousy weather this morning, but it's supposed to be a fast moving storm and then back to normal.

You will meet people and have a great time!

And we will MISS YOU!!!