Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,114/145/35/62

Exercise for Friday: Treadmill 10 mins, Elliptical Trnr 15 mins, Bike for 20 mins.... YEAH!!! Back at the gym and not hating it.

Edited by peaches9

Here's of a pic of who's waiting in bed for me every night

Janet; looks like you get more 'action' in that bed than I do!!

Are those Purple Satin sheets????

I'm waiting for the diabeties dr to call me to see if he wants me to bring my Mom to the ER. Her blood sugars is running over 500. She looks and feels like death.

Janet my jacket is flat fur, really just a fur print, light weight jacket. I don't wear real fur look, too much extra poundage. Is Angel the white one?

Denise: How did your Mom make out at the Doctors? You DID get there today with her didn't you????

I got a call from my Mom's residance today, they are on Lock-down. A bad stomach virus is making the rounds in there. So no visitors are allowed in for now...:scared2:

You are too kind!! I really appreciate what you said more than you'll ever know!! Photogenic??? You haven't seen the pictures of me with my eyes closed! But, THANK YOU!!

I am trying to research thigh plasty in Mexico!!

Even today... a lady I barely know... sitting in the hot tub with her and she says.... and they always start with, "I probably shouldn't say this".... she was very nice, but I knew what she was talking about when she started commending me on getting in to the pool every day. Said she knows how much "courage" that takes because she has fought weight all her life. HUH??? She was about as big as a toothpick! Anyway, I knew she was talking about my legs, even though she didn't say so, because I don't think the rest of me looks that bad in a bathing suit anymore! It's my damn legs that are so grotesque and ugly!! I keep worrying that if I have the knee replacements done FIRST, then maybe I can't get a plastic surgeon to mess with my legs. I have a friend who's husband is a plastic surgeon... in Florida, and he mostly does faces, I think. So I had her ask him if he could refer me to someone... and if he thought it'd be okay to do my legs before I reach goal and he told her to tell me to wait. Well, I don't want to!!

BTW... I know there is progress, though!

I put another pair of sweat pants in the "goodwill" bag today when I got back from the pool.

I was putting them on in the locker room and accidentally started to put both legs in one leg hole! And they almost fit that way!

Time to retire them! The bag is getting very full and it's the second bag this winter.

Phyl; you have to focus on all the GREAT things that you have done for your body. You WILL get p/s on your legs one day... and in the meantime just remind yourself of how hard you have worked to get wrinkly, flabby legs... they are a badge of HONOR not shame... You have lost a tremendous amount of weight & you are beautiful..

People are so insensitive, who was it that suggested you push someones face under Water a while back....??? I think you should do it the next time you suffer an ignorant wise crack from one of the pool "ladies"(?)... I know you are a Christian Lady, but jeez you deserve to smack somebody.

OR... when they start with , "I probably shouldn't say this".... Look em straight in the EYE and say "Well then don't ..keep it to yourself!"

:scared2:

HUGS Candice

When my stomach gets to the point when I want P.S. I will definetly consider Mexico.... Hey maybe we could get a 2-4-1 deal???

You are too kind!! I really appreciate what you said more than you'll ever know!! Photogenic??? You haven't seen the pictures of me with my eyes closed! But, THANK YOU!!

I am trying to research thigh plasty in Mexico!!

Even today... a lady I barely know... sitting in the hot tub with her and she says.... and they always start with, "I probably shouldn't say this".... she was very nice, but I knew what she was talking about when she started commending me on getting in to the pool every day. Said she knows how much "courage" that takes because she has fought weight all her life. HUH??? She was about as big as a toothpick! Anyway, I knew she was talking about my legs, even though she didn't say so, because I don't think the rest of me looks that bad in a bathing suit anymore! It's my damn legs that are so grotesque and ugly!! I keep worrying that if I have the knee replacements done FIRST, then maybe I can't get a plastic surgeon to mess with my legs. I have a friend who's husband is a plastic surgeon... in Florida, and he mostly does faces, I think. So I had her ask him if he could refer me to someone... and if he thought it'd be okay to do my legs before I reach goal and he told her to tell me to wait. Well, I don't want to!!

BTW... I know there is progress, though!

I put another pair of sweat pants in the "goodwill" bag today when I got back from the pool.

I was putting them on in the locker room and accidentally started to put both legs in one leg hole! And they almost fit that way!

Time to retire them! The bag is getting very full and it's the second bag this winter.

Darling - You are welcome - but it's so true - I'm not blowing smoke - I watched you go to the restroom after lunch that day and you are TOTALLY a diff person...

I have read on the PS website of some of the girls getting tummy tucks before they got to goal due to all the excess skin - and yes after they got to goal they may need a touch up..

I truly feel that you would benefit physically and mental from getting the surgery sooner than later.. I would suggest getting in touch with Wasabubblebutt (She a freind on my profile and you can p.m. her) - she's an expert on Mex Docs and she's a nurse too.. So she may be of some help...

And Yes I think you take really good pictures - You have beautiful skin - and are always so tan - You just look so happy and vibirant !!!

Congrats on the goodwill bag - that's proof too that I am speaking the truth about your fantastic progress...

Janet; looks like you get more 'action' in that bed than I do!!

Are those Purple Satin sheets????

'

Candice - Those 3 are then only one's who have been in my bed :crying:

No they are Beech sheets - I get them at bed bath and beyond - I LOVE THEM !! They are so soft - like hotel sheets that have been washed a million times - they are like 300 count - but the are softer than some 450 thread count that I have - They are my most fav sheets - I just wash them and put them right back on the bed.... They are great summer sheets cuz they are so light.. So if you have a bb&b up there I would go get a sets - I have a queen bed and I think a set (bottom top & cases) was like $89...

Denise: How did your Mom make out at the Doctors? You DID get there today with her didn't you????

I got a call from my Mom's residance today, they are on Lock-down. A bad stomach virus is making the rounds in there. So no visitors are allowed in for now...:scared2:

Ya Denise what happend - how's your Mom and Candice hope your Mom doesn't get sick

The diabetic dr said that the new med he put her on is stronger than what she was on. He said instead of giving her one a day, give her two in the am and two pm. I gave her two tonight. He said if the blood reading doesn't go down, she may have something else going on. He mentioned bladder infection, so I guess infections can cause high numbers. If it doesn't go down we will probably end up in the er tomorrow.

Good Morning Gang.....

Peaches - love the Well then dont......

Denise - if the meds were stronger then why was her sugar higher - seems like it would be the opposite... but heck what do I know I'm not a doc - Hope your Mom is better today and that you don't end up in the ER...

Speaking of ER omw - I watched it last night - loved seeing the old ER gang... I am going to miss that show...

Good morning! My legs are sore, the girls are chaffed, I have a huge blister on the side of my foot...but I LOVE IT. It feels so good to be back to REAL training. So far this week I have run 26 miles. I am doing 10 more today and then a 4 or 5 mile hike tomorrow.

On the food front, things have been going extremely well. My calories have been between 1500-1800 daily and while that seems high to try and lose weight...when you burn 1100 calories like I did yesterday...those kind of calories are needed for fuel!

DH has testing again today and then I think I have convinced him to go to urgent care. He woke up the other morning with a sore elbow which he thought he had just slept on wrong. However 4 days later it is still sore and swollen. To me it seems like it is slightly dislocated. He has a DR appt on Thursday with our family doc for a routine physical so he just wants to wait until then. I am not sure if I can convince him otherwise, but I am going to try.

Well we are off. I have to go get some moleskin for my blister and then head into Bend for DH's test and my grueling 10 miler. This one should be interesting because I am climbing a butte so it is 1 mile uphill and 1 mile downhill. Repeat 5x.

Chat later!

good morning ladies. I'm just checking in because I don't know that I'll be able to later today.

Phyl, I agree with Candice. When someone says something like "I probably shouldn't say this, but...." Stop them and say "You probably shouldn't even be thinking it, so please be kind enough not to share." And then if they continue turn around and ask them "would you mind if I pointed out the enormous hair growing out of your chin? Oh, probably something I shouldn't have said? Sorry, but you were so frank with me...." Stupid people.

Janet, I forgot to tell you how beautiful your fur babies are. You are lucky to have such wonderful snuggle buddies every night.

Karri, you are so strong. I'm sure it does feel good to be back in the saddle so to speak. When you give your body all those endorphines I'm ssure it is easier to be less stressed about all the craziness in your world.

Okay...gotta get to work. Hugs to you all.

Good morning! My legs are sore, the girls are chaffed, I have a huge blister on the side of my foot...but I LOVE IT. It feels so good to be back to REAL training. So far this week I have run 26 miles. I am doing 10 more today and then a 4 or 5 mile hike tomorrow.

On the food front, things have been going extremely well. My calories have been between 1500-1800 daily and while that seems high to try and lose weight...when you burn 1100 calories like I did yesterday...those kind of calories are needed for fuel!

DH has testing again today and then I think I have convinced him to go to urgent care. He woke up the other morning with a sore elbow which he thought he had just slept on wrong. However 4 days later it is still sore and swollen. To me it seems like it is slightly dislocated. He has a DR appt on Thursday with our family doc for a routine physical so he just wants to wait until then. I am not sure if I can convince him otherwise, but I am going to try.

Well we are off. I have to go get some moleskin for my blister and then head into Bend for DH's test and my grueling 10 miler. This one should be interesting because I am climbing a butte so it is 1 mile uphill and 1 mile downhill. Repeat 5x.

Chat later!

Little girl - do you see the highlited pink area above - that show you right there how much your mind set has changed in the last year - remember when we were all concerned that you were becoming anorixic - cuz you were eating 900 calories and running - I love love love this new mindset - yes your body need fuel for all your fantastic exercise... Look you are running 10 miles - up hill - you are hiking - you may at times stuggle with your food but you haven't turned back into the old Karri - where you ate 24/7 and didn't move..

Glad your food is good - I love it that you sound so positive today - well it's the weekend and no kids that's gotta help..

Guess what I did this morning - I jogged for 1 entire song (michael jackson pretty young thing) and then jogged for almost another entire song.... You know what I have discovered - and I know i preach it all the time but I don't always apply it to myself - if you think you can't then you can't - but if you think you can you can''

I have never in my life before been an exercise person - I never ran or exercised at all - so even now that I walk - in my mind I think oh you can't jog - why try - it will be too hard - well ya at 250 it was impossible but today it's possible.

It's just so amazing - I don't know how to explain it - but all you have to do is push yourself a little - and you can do it and that's truly amazing when you don't let your mind tell your body that you can't - cuz the body can do it... Mine did and I am feeling really jazzed - No wonder Phyl has given me the title "exercise cop" I am all about the exercise...

good morning ladies. I'm just checking in because I don't know that I'll be able to later today.

Phyl, I agree with Candice. When someone says something like "I probably shouldn't say this, but...." Stop them and say "You probably shouldn't even be thinking it, so please be kind enough not to share." And then if they continue turn around and ask them "would you mind if I pointed out the enormous hair growing out of your chin? Oh, probably something I shouldn't have said? Sorry, but you were so frank with me...." Stupid people.

Janet, I forgot to tell you how beautiful your fur babies are. You are lucky to have such wonderful snuggle buddies every night.

Karri, you are so strong. I'm sure it does feel good to be back in the saddle so to speak. When you give your body all those endorphines I'm ssure it is easier to be less stressed about all the craziness in your world.

Okay...gotta get to work. Hugs to you all.

Steph - How the back this morning?? Yep I love my babies 99.9% of the time - but this morning waking me up at 5 when I don't have to go to work :thumbup: - Don't mind it so much on Saturdays cuz I go to the gym at 7 - but on Sundays :tt2: I'm not too happy with them :w00t:

Then little angel girl is getting her named changed to DEVIL - she pooped in my room this morning !!!!

Well, I don't know what I am doing with myself this morning since I was suppose to get my hair cut at 9 but my hair dresser called and had to reschedule cuz she's sick - tonite going to a jewelry party - I guess I could go clean up - but think I will go play some pathword for a bit...

CBL:wink:

Chat later!

Oh my gosh Karri, that is awesome exercise!! You go girl. I am glad your hubby is getting in to the Doc. that elbow sounds nasty...

Hi girls; Having a good day today. Hubby at work, and I have chicken in the crock pot... so I am sewing up a storm in the basement!!!

Ya know how I love to quilt eh? I'm putting the top together for another one... that's my weekend project ( I am far from the kitchen and the monsters that lurk there)

Then once the top is complete I can sandwich it and then start hand quilting in front of the TV... both hands are kept BUSY and also my nagging mind....

Tomorrow, back to the gym and then to a GF's 65th B=day party... that should be fun.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Peaches

Little girl - do you see the highlited pink area above - that show you right there how much your mind set has changed in the last year - remember when we were all concerned that you were becoming anorixic - cuz you were eating 900 calories and running - I love love love this new mindset - yes your body need fuel for all your fantastic exercise... Look you are running 10 miles - up hill - you are hiking - you may at times stuggle with your food but you haven't turned back into the old Karri - where you ate 24/7 and didn't move..

Glad your food is good - I love it that you sound so positive today - well it's the weekend and no kids that's gotta help..

Guess what I did this morning - I jogged for 1 entire song (michael jackson pretty young thing) and then jogged for almost another entire song.... You know what I have discovered - and I know i preach it all the time but I don't always apply it to myself - if you think you can't then you can't - but if you think you can you can''

I have never in my life before been an exercise person - I never ran or exercised at all - so even now that I walk - in my mind I think oh you can't jog - why try - it will be too hard - well ya at 250 it was impossible but today it's possible.

It's just so amazing - I don't know how to explain it - but all you have to do is push yourself a little - and you can do it and that's truly amazing when you don't let your mind tell your body that you can't - cuz the body can do it... Mine did and I am feeling really jazzed - No wonder Phyl has given me the title "exercise cop" I am all about the exercise...

Janet; Kudos to you girl... jogging at 53? That is awesome... I can so see you doing a marathon like our Karri... she'll get you going!

Steph - How the back this morning?? Yep I love my babies 99.9% of the time - but this morning waking me up at 5 when I don't have to go to work :thumbup: - Don't mind it so much on Saturdays cuz I go to the gym at 7 - but on Sundays :tongue2: I'm not too happy with them :w00t:

Then little angel girl is getting her named changed to DEVIL - she pooped in my room this morning !!!!

Little ANGEL, oh dosn't that just take the cake! First thing in the morning and you find an accident ARGH! :tt2: My little girl "Woody" has been accident prone lately too.. She's 14 1/2 yrs old and deaf.. I think she just can't feel when she has to "go" sometimes she goes to the door and barks, sometimes I think she forgets to "bark" and just lets it go....

Well, I don't know what I am doing with myself this morning since I was suppose to get my hair cut at 9 but my hair dresser called and had to reschedule cuz she's sick - tonite going to a jewelry party - I guess I could go clean up - but think I will go play some pathword for a bit...

CBL:wink:

Have a great Saturday night Janet ((hugs))

Peaches

I know there is progress, though!

Awesome! I love it when clothes get too big for me. That feels better than when the scale moves because I know my body is shaping into a thinner version.

Karri - your energy and dedication to exercise is awe inspiring and makes me feel ashamed of my laziness.

Awesome! I love it when clothes get too big for me. That feels better than when the scale moves because I know my body is shaping into a thinner version.

Karri - your energy and dedication to exercise is awe inspiring and makes me feel ashamed of my laziness.

You shouldn't feel ashamed...Instead use it as motivation to do something. You don't have to run 10 miles or climb a mountain. Literally for me it started out parking at the end of the parking lot. Exercise for me though has never been something I hated. Even at 250 pounds I still worked out...just not as regularly or as hard as I do now. We were having this conversation at our last in person support group and for a lot of people the exercise is what was holding them back. Then, the leader of the group gave them some very simple exercise that they could do while just hanging around the house.

Sit in a chair with a firm back and raise your leg about 3 inches off the ground, hold for 10 seconds and lower. Repeat 10-15 times and switch to the other leg. Then just keep doing this over and over while you are sitting and watching tv. The other one was a little harder on the knees but during commercials stand up and sit down off the couch. Doing those 2 things works 2 of the biggest muscle groups in your body and therefore will burn calories. Now are you going to burn 1157 calories like I did yesterday...NO! However it is always my philosophy that success breads success. Therefore if you could do that for a week or two, then maybe you will feel like getting out and walking or biking. It has to be about finding something that is fun for you to do. For me fun is punishing me to see how far I can push it and then seeing if I can take it one step further. Just over a year ago, I couldn't run a full mile. Within 1.5 months of running the first full mile of my life, I ran a 5K, within 5 months I ran a half marathon. Our bodies are much more resilient than we give them credit for. Like my mommy said...If you think you can't, you can't. If you think you can, you can. Exercise is much more mental than it is physical for the most part.