Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Steph made it thru surgery with no problems. Took out disc between L3-L4, and a minor bleeding problem but all looks good.

If she can get up and walk around this afternoon they will discharge her this evening. Doc says she should ahve a good recovery and be back to normal.

Thanks for the Update - So Glad You are doing so well

Hugs & continued prayers for a speedy recovery

xoxox Janet

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,;66;56;72

Oh yeah, and I had my 2nd O.A. meeting last night...

I have a question about Steph's surgery. I didn't know they could take out disc. Do they put something else in there?

I got my taxes done today. Re did last yrs because I forgot to claim the lapband. I get 1500 for that. I thought it would be a lot more.

Steph - OMW that's fast - Hugs Prayrer Love for a safe surgery and speedy recovery - I will make sure to ck fb today..

Hi gang - I haven't been on the computer much - with all I have to do..

Last night got invited to go to join GS other fammily for dinner by his stepdad - So I jumped at the chance to go to Flemmings (very nice restaruant at the River in Rancho Mirage)

Do you know what - 3/18 is my bro Michael's Bday too he would have been 51 yesterday - well you know what we did last year - I took both Andrew & Micheal to dinner at Flemmings for their birthdays - and here I end up there again just by chance yesterday ...- So with my tropical martini - We toasted to Andrew and then to Michael...

Well, I will ck in latter to see how our girl Step is doing...

Hugs Ladies - I gotta get some work done... xoxox J

So glad you got to go to dinner with GS & family! Kinda special that it was same place you went last year with him & your brother. Sad but sweet a the same time. A special evening for you.

[/color][/size][/b]

I am sending you (((BIG HUGs )))today, that must have been an emotional moment at dinner. Passing your Brother Michaels Bday would be tearful I would imagine.:tongue_smilie:

(((BIG HUGS))) go out to Phyl today too, being stuck and sliming for days is no picnic. I hope the pineapple juice works:tt1:

And Stephanie, Girl your probably in surgery right now. (((EXTRA Big SOFT Hugs)))) for you !!:thumbup:

Phyl

Are you stressed??? How long was it since you went and go your last fill? Hope it gets better - that's just awful

Pineapple juice did the trick last night. So I bought another 6 pack today. Not stressed. Last fill was Feb. 16 when I was in Seattle... so a month ago. Don't know what happened. May have set myself up by having 1/2 sloppy joe on Tues. for lunch. Never eat bread and though I had no problem with it at the time, the trouble started when I had that chicken for dinner that night and continued on through yesterday. Had yogurt drink for Breakfast today and then Soup & 1/2 sandwich (on whole wheat Sara Lee type bread) for lunch and I've been fine all day.

So glad to hear Steph's surgery went well this morning. She was in my thoughts and prayers all day today. Amazing that she might get discharged as early as this evening! She might be back at her hotel by now! Now praying for a swift recovery and relief from that awful pain.

I have a question about Steph's surgery. I didn't know they could take out disc. Do they put something else in there?

I got my taxes done today. Re did last yrs because I forgot to claim the lapband. I get 1500 for that. I thought it would be a lot more.

May have done a disc fusion... but my nursing days are long gone and memory escapes me. And I'm not up to date on recent developments in treatment. But I do know that sometimes they will fuse the discs.... restricts movement to some extent, but low in the back should not have much impact if that's what they did.

TAXES... dirty word! All done except I have a big stack of donations to enter. Remember all those clothes I've donated all year long??? DH documented EVERYTHING and got receipts. I had them entered in "Deduction Pro" through Sept., but my tax program refuses to import them so I have to enter everything from the whole year all over again. And April 15th is rapidly approaching. Have them on my lap at this very moment and was planning to do that while DH was running back & forth from the laundry this afternoon, but so far... hasn't gone beyond thumbing through and looking at all this stuff I need to type in!! UGH!! I HATE taxes!

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,;66;56;72

Oh yeah, and I had my 2nd O.A. meeting last night...

Candice - Glad you went again - How was it???

Janet- What a weird coincidence. I wonder if your brother set that up for ya?

Yep Denise - I thought the same thing !!!!

So glad you got to go to dinner with GS & family! Kinda special that it was same place you went last year with him & your brother. Sad but sweet a the same time. A special evening for you.

Pineapple juice did the trick last night. So I bought another 6 pack today. Not stressed. Last fill was Feb. 16 when I was in Seattle... so a month ago. Don't know what happened. May have set myself up by having 1/2 sloppy joe on Tues. for lunch. Never eat bread and though I had no problem with it at the time, the trouble started when I had that chicken for dinner that night and continued on through yesterday. Had yogurt drink for breakfast today and then Soup & 1/2 sandwich (on whole wheat Sara Lee type bread) for lunch and I've been fine all day.

So glad to hear Steph's surgery went well this morning. She was in my thoughts and prayers all day today. Amazing that she might get discharged as early as this evening! She might be back at her hotel by now! Now praying for a swift recovery and relief from that awful pain.

May have done a disc fusion... but my nursing days are long gone and memory escapes me. And I'm not up to date on recent developments in treatment. But I do know that sometimes they will fuse the discs.... restricts movement to some extent, but low in the back should not have much impact if that's what they did.

TAXES... dirty word! All done except I have a big stack of donations to enter. Remember all those clothes I've donated all year long??? DH documented EVERYTHING and got receipts. I had them entered in "Deduction Pro" through Sept., but my tax program refuses to import them so I have to enter everything from the whole year all over again. And April 15th is rapidly approaching. Have them on my lap at this very moment and was planning to do that while DH was running back & forth from the laundry this afternoon, but so far... hasn't gone beyond thumbing through and looking at all this stuff I need to type in!! UGH!! I HATE taxes!

Phyl - Yes it was great really - I wasn't very sad - had a moment that a tear dropped when I realized that I was going there for dinner - but toasted him and know that he's in a better place -

Ya it may have been the combinatin of sloppy joe then the chicken... of that whole thing of one day our band is tight then the next day wide open...

Yep Steph has been in my prayers all day too - and glad things are going well..

Taxes - cuz of the Ranches and my K1 (whatever that is) I really can't do my own - so I gotta pay - If it was just my pay check invovled -Trubo Tax would be my tax program of choice - I did my sons and nephews years ago on it - and it was great.

Last year I had all the deductions from taking my clothes to Martha's village -

Well, it's 7:30 - I went to the gym tonite since I missed last night and worked the weights for my legs - I didn't want to go but after bday cake and a martini - I figured I'd better..

Well, I'm off to go cook - I'm hungry....

ttyl Hugs & Love

Phyl- It cost me 80 bucks to get my taxes done, and I gladly paid. I ain't doing it myself, hell no. My neighbor does hers. I hate paperwork. Now I'm off to do some more freakin homework. I'm averaging 2hrs a night, it's ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!

At the hotel. This is steph. Not going to say much but that I'm here. Too dopey to get any of it right anyhow.

thanks for your prayers. Love you guys. More info tomorrow I promise. Now going to go into a drug induced stupor

Phyl- It cost me 80 bucks to get my taxes done, and I gladly paid. I ain't doing it myself, hell no. My neighbor does hers. I hate paperwork. Now I'm off to do some more freakin homework. I'm averaging 2hrs a night, it's ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!

DH kind of insists that I do it! Actually... by the time you get all the figures together... may as well do it. I use TaxCut. But, cost of the software... hmmm.... yeah, maybe I should pay someone else to do it!!

At the hotel. This is steph. Not going to say much but that I'm here. Too dopey to get any of it right anyhow.

thanks for your prayers. Love you guys. More info tomorrow I promise. Now going to go into a drug induced stupor

Wonderful that you are out of the hospital!

On the road to recovery.

okay...I am addicted to Facebook now. This is NOT good!

Yes, very addicting. If you can figure out MobWars you're a better woman than me. I just don't get the point. But, I like Pathwords, parking wars, Possum Tossum, Challenge Sudoku!

okay...I am addicted to Facebook now. This is NOT good!

Yep dear it's addicting - I am like Phyl - Pathword - Parking wars - between LBT - FB - I have no time !!!!

DH kind of insists that I do it! Actually... by the time you get all the figures together... may as well do it. I use TaxCut. But, cost of the software... hmmm.... yeah, maybe I should pay someone else to do it!!

Wonderful that you are out of the hospital!

On the road to recovery.

Yes, very addicting. If you can figure out MobWars you're a better woman than me. I just don't get the point. But, I like Pathwords, parking wars, Possum Tossum, Challenge Sudoku!

Phyl - Mob wars is sorta a gimic - you gotta pay actual $$$ to get more points for something - I clicked on something and if I wanted more energy I think - I had to pay for it.

Mob wars you fight earn money - you earn $$ just by being on the page - you buy guns and stuff to do the diff jobs it's sorta confusing - Pathword is really my addiction as you well know - you me andrew (me) earl (you) play all the time... I just wish they had a pause button cuz when I'm at work I can get a phone call and that just screws up my totals..

Steph - So glad you are back at the hotel - who's with you Jeff?? Were's the kids? Hope your pain isn't bad - Hugs & Prayers for a speedy recovery...

Ok gang - going to ck fb then get to my desk - it's really clean right now - the day should be easy as long as I don't get tons of mail - the phone doesn't ring off the hook and my producer leaves me alone !!!!

As Candice says - only 2 more sleeps and I'm off to my cruise !!!!

Yep dear it's addicting - I am like Phyl - Pathword - Parking wars - between LBT - FB - I have no time !!!!

Phyl - Mob wars is sorta a gimic - you gotta pay actual $$$ to get more points for something - I clicked on something and if I wanted more energy I think - I had to pay for it.

Mob wars you fight earn money - you earn $$ just by being on the page - you buy guns and stuff to do the diff jobs it's sorta confusing - Pathword is really my addiction as you well know - you me andrew (me) earl (you) play all the time... I just wish they had a pause button cuz when I'm at work I can get a phone call and that just screws up my totals..

Steph - So glad you are back at the hotel - who's with you Jeff?? Were's the kids? Hope your pain isn't bad - Hugs & Prayers for a speedy recovery...

Ok gang - going to ck fb then get to my desk - it's really clean right now - the day should be easy as long as I don't get tons of mail - the phone doesn't ring off the hook and my producer leaves me alone !!!!

As Candice says - only 2 more sleeps and I'm off to my cruise !!!!

Yes, frustrating that there is no "pause" button! Even more frustrating, sometimes I doze off while playing Pathwords or Sudoku and then I get a really BAD score for that round!

I only count how many more "sleeps" when I'm away. How many more sleeps until I"m back in my own bed!

I clicked on one of the ads on LBT for Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana because I knew he was highly recommended. From there, I sent an email asking for a PS referral. So they told me to contact a Dr. Quiroz... also TJ. So I did and they have been really nice. In fact, the doctor called me yesterday! They want me to send photos from the neck down and then he will call me for a phone consult/estimate... OR, I can go to San Diego to see him.. he has an office there. Now all I have to do is figure out how to persuade Earl to take me there or take the photos for me! He flips out every time I talk about PS!

Linda A & I are conspiring to do it together!

Uh oh.... broached the subject again just now & he's freaking out.

Guess I shouldn't have told him the Tijuana part!!

28_1_19.gif

Edited by phyllser

Yes, frustrating that there is no "pause" button! Even more frustrating, sometimes I doze off while playing Pathwords or Sudoku and then I get a really BAD score for that round!

I only count how many more "sleeps" when I'm away. How many more sleeps until I"m back in my own bed!

I clicked on one of the ads on LBT for Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana because I knew he was highly recommended. From there, I sent an email asking for a PS referral. So they told me to contact a Dr. Quiroz... also TJ. So I did and they have been really nice. In fact, the doctor called me yesterday! They want me to send photos from the neck down and then he will call me for a phone consult/estimate... OR, I can go to San Diego to see him.. he has an office there. Now all I have to do is figure out how to persuade Earl to take me there or take the photos for me! He flips out every time I talk about PS!

Linda A & I are conspiring to do it together!

Uh oh.... broached the subject again just now & he's freaking out.

Guess I shouldn't have told him the Tijuana part!!

28_1_19.gif

That is awesome, if you and Linda went together@!!

Janet; have fun on your cruise.

I'll be away next week... going to MEXICO to get my teeth done... saveing $2000

:ohmy:

Boy, I sound like a spoiled brat! Went to Cuba in Dec, went to Las Vegas in Jan, now Mexico in March....

I sure can't complain about not getting around eh?

Peter is staying home to watch the dogs, and work... he is kinda pouting the last couple of days... ah well, I'll have to bring him home a present!

But no tequila, he hates that!

175 on the scale this morning!! Now, I just have to stay on the straight and narrow next week. My sister has a computer so there is no excuse to not logging into SparkPeople.com and tracking my food.< /p>

35 lbs to go!~