Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Ladies, I read up on the 3day, I admire all of you!! k

A different side of me??? Now I'm curious.

My address is 513 W. Laurel Ave. Plentywood MT 59254. I need yours to mail you the books.< /p>

I'm so excited about the 3day. It is inspiring and to think I would be able to walk like that....amazing. My biggest accomplishment to date. To do it all for an awesome cause. It gives me tingles. Oh...and I get to ride the train out. I really fell in love with the train on my last trip. Jean will be traveling with me all the way. Oh...it's going to be awesome.

Alright ladies. I may have over did it yesterday. I didn't really do anything I could point to, but my back is really bothering me. I need to slow down. I'll talk to doc about it today. I guess I need more of a timeline to follow. I am going to talk to him about giving me a script for more toredol instead of filling my percocet. I don't want to stay on the narcotics longer than I need to and I think I'm past that point. I'm going to make a list to make sure I don't miss something important I want to ask him about. Need to do that. Otherwise I get home and am frustrated that I forgot something.

So I'm a little sore today so I'm going to stay on the couch or in the chair today. I need to design a logo today anyways so it's just an excuse for me not to get side tracked.

Okay. Kids are wanting more breaky...better get to them. Have a great day! I'll be checking in. Might get wordy today.

Steph.... you don't know what you did yesterday... how about taking down the Christmas decorations! That might qualify as overdoing! And, yes, I think I'm responsible for starting the FB addiction. Someone in my family got me started! Sibs, and their kids!

Karla... welcome! Will be waiting to hear more about your Mexican adventure! I think it was Ortiz' office that referred me to the plastic surgeon in TJ, Dr. Quiroz.

BTW, ladies, Quiroz called me yesterday. Unfortunately, I was in the middle of the PX at 29 Palms Marine base, with poor cell service, so I couldn't hear too well or ask many questions. The gist of what he said was that he thinks my insurance might cover the surgery on my legs so I should contact my bariatric surgeon about it before pursuing surgery in Mexico. I think the photos scared him away!! I emailed them last night and asked if I could have more details to support the "medical necessity" angle. Certainly, impedes my mobility. I'm sure that's what he was getting at. He is really nice. Someone on the NW thread gave me the name of a PS fairly close to home, so maybe I'll go see him.

How many pages have we accumulated for Janet to read when she gets back???

:crying::biggrin::):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Gotta go... time to get ready for the pool & Water aerobics.

I think Janet will be surprised at the pages we have accumulated. She might be intimidated. We usually shut up a bit when she's gone, but this time we've been chatty this time.

I didn't have that many xmas decorations up, but the stretching might have been more than I should have done. I think it was more being on the go all day. Both kids to daycare, then both to child find during the day, then a little shopping (not much, just walking mainly to get out of the house), then cooking dinner. I think I was just up and on the go too much. I'm going to keep it much simpler today.

In fact it's 10 and I haven't even gotten in the shower yet. Better get moving or I won't get my face on before my appointment!

Stephanie needs to learn how to shut the computer without feeling a horrible sense of missing something.

Later taters.

The beauty of the computer..facebook...LBT is that it is all here waiting for you when you get back. Now that I have typed it maybe my mind might be able to believe it to. What am I going to do when I go back to work??? I won't be able to rob other mafia's and make money!!!!

Hello everyone, Steph invited me to your group. I went through the last few pages of your posts and I have a few questions:

1. Where do I get the purple satin sheets? I have been divorced for 14 years and haven't had a tumble in over 10 years. I have had 3 surgeries for pelvic organ prolapse, the last at Duke in NC where they rebuilt me with cadavar tissue. My physical therapist offered to write me a prescription for a 'tumble' so we could see if it worked.

2. Who are the little bambinos? I have 3 adorable and spoiled doxi's, my new baby is just 3 months old.

Oh, and I have the scub hat pattern if you want it.

Steph has been an inspiration to me, and convinced me that I was worth the money it cost for the lapband. So I fly to San Diego on Sunday and have surgery with Dr. Ortiz on Monday. I am nervous in general, but excited to get started on my pathway to health.

I little info on me: I have 5 daughters, 18 to 32. I teach 7th & 8th Math & Science. I live in florence, Montana (on the west side of the state near Missoula). My family has mixed feelings about me having the lapband. One of my daughters is a PA and she wigged out that I am going to Mexico and she feels that I am just looking for a quick fix to my weight. My sister isn't really talking to me, by the way she is 6 feet tall and weighs 100 & nothing and is married with lots of money. My mom and 2 of my other daughters are very supportive, the other 2 are just not talking about it.

Thank you for allowing my to invade your thread.

Karla

Karla

I did Dr. Ortiz and it was a great experience. It is a great place to go, everyone is nice and friendly, and the hotel is fantastic. I do have one suggestion for you though. Bring along some broth or bullion cubes for the hotel after surgery. Don't get me wrong, they do offer it in the restaurant there, (and it's real good ) but it is $6.50 for a bowl of chicken broth. There are coffee makers in the rooms so you can heat Water for bullion.

The hotel is in a good part of town and if you want to eat fairly cheap Sun. nite, Domino pizza is right across the street.

Good Luck

Hey, Where is Janet?? I thought it was just a three dayer. Steph - love the mafia comment. I wqnt in too.

Karla - go ahead and have the Last Supper. They won't know about it at all.

Car - hope the blizzard is over and the snow melts. My SIL just got bawck from Business in Denver.

DH and I are up in Grand Rapids for a long week end to babysit. Should do pretty good food wise cause it's not my house and besides she doesn't have too much junk food to munch on. I defineawtely need a fill though. Went out to dinner last night......had an omelet w/hash browns and two pancakes......and drank two colas and still wasn't stuffed. Gonna call first thing Monday.

This morning we went to the Frederick Meijer Memorial gardens and went to the butterfly museum there. Oh, there were some beautiful butterflies there. It was so neat. One came up and perched on the end of my finger.

Well, I probably won't be back here till Sunday nite, so Have a great week-end. AND MISS STEPHANIE - TAKE IT EASY. DON'T DO TOO MUCH. NO MORE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!!!! WE DON'T WANT YOU TO DO ANY MORE DAMAGE TO THAT BACK OF YOURS. One of the reasons we all got banded was that we wouldn't all end up in wheelchairs, crippled.:crying:

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Kirahj- I was planning on the bullion cubes, but I appreciate the reminders. I am going to pack some Protein Drinks in my suitcase and Water bottles, but I would love to have any other suggestions. Do you think I could get away with the last supper, I have a fear that if I eat something that I will gain back the 17 pre-op pounds I lost. I would love to have a piece of red meat, and a SMALL dessert to Celebrate the 50th birthday. So folks, do you think I could get away with a reasonable ‘last’ meal.

I am excited to be having the band on my birthday, but I am having some 50th mid-life crisis. Also the baby of my 5 girls graduates from high school. Life is really going to change and I don’t know if I am ready. My girls went and got their own lives and I wasn’t ready, I still have trouble accepting that we can’t all get together and have a girls weekend. I keep telling them that all I want for Christmas/birthday is to have a long weekend with all my girls. But one is in Syracuse, NY, one in Chicago, and one in Idaho. Okay, sorry about the pity party.

When I hit 40 I went on a week long cycling tour, loved it. Maybe I should consider the 3day walk. My mom had breast cancer and 2 of my quilting ladies have had it as well. Now I wonder if I could find the $2300 for pledges? I could sew the hats if I can figure out how to make it happen…

Oh Steph, Elyse picked up The Secret so it is in the Surgery suitcase.

Well, I am in a meeting and ‘break’ is about over, I am having a heck of a time focusing. Everyone is munching on nuts, pretzels… so far I resisted, I am chewing gum, etc.

Best go.

K

Kari!! I'm channelling Janet here! I know, but omlet, hashbrowns, 2 pancakes and 2 colas? How many band rules did you break in that meal? Holy Cats! I agree you probably need a fill, but the choices?? Drinking with dinner? Where were the veggies? My eyes are bugging out. Maybe what you also need is to recommit to the rules. Trip to GR might be a good time to do that. Big rules

1. Protein first (1/2 plate should be Protein no matter what size of plate you eat), then veggies (1/3 of total plate should be veggies/fruit), then and only then you can have carbs to finish up...but make them good carbs (high Fiber, filling) (less than 1/4 of your plate)

2. No liquid before, during or 1/2 hour after meals.

3. No soda!

4. 1000 cals. Even if you eat more than 1 cup of food 3x a day you still need to keep it under 1000 cals.

Okay...food cop lecture given with tons of love. You amaze me with all of your pedaling. And I've gone back the upwards direction during all of this back crap. I don't want anyone else going there with me. Love you Kari, but really hope you recommit!

Carla!! Don't you even THINK about that cheater meal. Sure, they may never know, but you will. You will know that you weren't strong enough. You will know that you cheated. You will haunt yourself with that for a long long time. You will be beating yourself up with "failure talk" for it. the "I'm not"s will come and get you if you give in. "I'm not strong enough" "I'm not good enough", "I'm not a winner", "I couldn't even take it for 2 weeks." Do you really want to do that to your psyche? You are worth it. You are capapble. You are strong enough. You do care enough about yourself. Being able to stand strong through those two weeks and give up that 50 birthday dinner, that will only last at most an hour, where the strength you give yourself will last forever, is so much better. BE STRONG! I MEAN IT

Okay, doc said he saw no reason my back problems should interfere with the walk and to go ahead and sign up. I'm going to do that in just a few minutes. Still thinking on a team name. Thinking strong about "Second Base Crusaders" but my "naming guru" Jean is working this afternoon with teachers so I haven't been able to ask her about it. She will probably come up with something overly clever. she loves acronyms.

Okay...off to Facebook. Still not feeling great. Don't know why really. hmmmm. And no, I did nothing to day to call "over do" it.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Kirahj- I was planning on the bullion cubes, but I appreciate the reminders. I am going to pack some Protein drinks in my suitcase and Water bottles, but I would love to have any other suggestions. Do you think I could get away with the last supper, I have a fear that if I eat something that I will gain back the 17 pre-op pounds I lost. I would love to have a piece of red meat, and a SMALL dessert to Celebrate the 50th birthday. So folks, do you think I could get away with a reasonable ‘last’ meal.

I am excited to be having the band on my birthday, but I am having some 50th mid-life crisis. Also the baby of my 5 girls graduates from high school. Life is really going to change and I don’t know if I am ready. My girls went and got their own lives and I wasn’t ready, I still have trouble accepting that we can’t all get together and have a girls weekend. I keep telling them that all I want for Christmas/birthday is to have a long weekend with all my girls. But one is in Syracuse, NY, one in Chicago, and one in Idaho. Okay, sorry about the pity party.

When I hit 40 I went on a week long cycling tour, loved it. Maybe I should consider the 3day walk. My mom had breast cancer and 2 of my quilting ladies have had it as well. Now I wonder if I could find the $2300 for pledges? I could sew the hats if I can figure out how to make it happen…

Oh Steph, Elyse picked up The Secret so it is in the Surgery suitcase.

Well, I am in a meeting and ‘break’ is about over, I am having a heck of a time focusing. Everyone is munching on nuts, pretzels… so far I resisted, I am chewing gum, etc. Best go.

K

It's that munching and crunching and rattling of the bags that gets to you, isn't it?! DH eats stuff like that constantly and it drives me nuts, even though he's eating stuff I really don't want! He makes me crazy sometimes. Yesterday we had to go to the marine base to pick up Rx refills. Drive takes maybe 1 1/4 hr and we're no sooner on the road when he pulls out a bag of cheetos from between his feet and the crunching starts! We ate lunch just before we left!! He eats stuff like that constantly and it's NOT because he's hungry!

Steph knows you better than I, but... I'd cut you a little slack on the 50th birthday dinner! Wonder how many of us had a "last supper"?? We went out for spaghetti & meatballs the night before my surgery! I lost about the same as you on my pre-op diet and lived on 1000 calories or less for two months prior to surgery, to the point that when the dietician saw my food diary she told me I needed to crank up my calories as I was consistently well under 1000.

Kari!! I'm channelling Janet here! I know, but omlet, hashbrowns, 2 pancakes and 2 colas? How many band rules did you break in that meal? Holy Cats! I agree you probably need a fill, but the choices?? Drinking with dinner? Where were the veggies? My eyes are bugging out. Maybe what you also need is to recommit to the rules. Trip to GR might be a good time to do that. Big rules

1. Protein first (1/2 plate should be protein no matter what size of plate you eat), then veggies (1/3 of total plate should be veggies/fruit), then and only then you can have carbs to finish up...but make them good carbs (high Fiber, filling) (less than 1/4 of your plate)

2. No liquid before, during or 1/2 hour after meals.

3. No soda!

4. 1000 cals. Even if you eat more than 1 cup of food 3x a day you still need to keep it under 1000 cals.

Okay...food cop lecture given with tons of love. You amaze me with all of your pedaling. And I've gone back the upwards direction during all of this back crap. I don't want anyone else going there with me. Love you Kari, but really hope you recommit!

Carla!! Don't you even THINK about that cheater meal. Sure, they may never know, but you will. You will know that you weren't strong enough. You will know that you cheated. You will haunt yourself with that for a long long time. You will be beating yourself up with "failure talk" for it. the "I'm not"s will come and get you if you give in. "I'm not strong enough" "I'm not good enough", "I'm not a winner", "I couldn't even take it for 2 weeks." Do you really want to do that to your psyche? You are worth it. You are capapble. You are strong enough. You do care enough about yourself. Being able to stand strong through those two weeks and give up that 50 birthday dinner, that will only last at most an hour, where the strength you give yourself will last forever, is so much better. BE STRONG! I MEAN IT

Okay, doc said he saw no reason my back problems should interfere with the walk and to go ahead and sign up. I'm going to do that in just a few minutes. Still thinking on a team name. Thinking strong about "Second Base Crusaders" but my "naming guru" Jean is working this afternoon with teachers so I haven't been able to ask her about it. She will probably come up with something overly clever. she loves acronyms.

Okay...off to Facebook. Still not feeling great. Don't know why really. hmmmm. And no, I did nothing to day to call "over do" it.

Wow!! You ARE channeling Janet!! I was thinking the same things, though, when I read Kari's post! Especially the two pops with her meal!! I very carefully drank my very first soft drink last week, since surgery 20 months ago, and only because it was a HOT day and my crystal lite was warm. I took very tiny, slow sips..and I never did finish it. I was too scared. We go out to Breakfast every now and then. I order a seafood omelet and I eat it for FIVE more days! And pancakes.... they get stuck pretty easy! Once a month they have a pancake Breakfast here. DH helps with it, so I always go. But I wait while they make me one very small pancake.. (they're always ready to slap two huge pancakes on your plate!),

then I have a spoonful of scrambled eggs and a sausage with it. But pancakes scare me, too.

You don't know why you're not feeling great??? HELLO???

Didn't you just have MAJOR surgery?? Take it easy!!

Edited by phyllser

Okay...here are some team names. Think on it, let me know. Tell me hate or love or love a and hate b.

Boob Troop

Melon Mammas not Melonomas

Boobie Bombshells (thinking pinup girls)

2nd base crusaders

Girls 4 the Girls

Boobie Brigade

Jodies for the Juggies (thinking about the "jodys that my niece sang during basic, you know, "I don't know but I've been told..."

I need to pick tonight because Christasha is DYING to sign up and begin this process so I have to have my team.

come on girls, I want some opinions....hurry, hurry, argue, tell me what and why. I'm doing this walk for my band, but not all banders walking or I'd be pushing for a banding or 7's name.

Okay. Up to you!

Okay...here are some team names. Think on it, let me know. Tell me hate or love or love a and hate b.

Boob Troop:thumbup:

Melon Mammas not Melonomas:frown:

Boobie Bombshells (thinking pinup girls):):thumbup:

2nd base crusaders:confused:

Girls 4 the Girls:wink2:

Boobie Brigade:thumbup::):thumbup:

Jodies for the Juggies (thinking about the "jodys that my niece sang during basic, you know, "I don't know but I've been told...":confused:

I need to pick tonight because Christasha is DYING to sign up and begin this process so I have to have my team.

come on girls, I want some opinions....hurry, hurry, argue, tell me what and why. I'm doing this walk for my band, but not all banders walking or I'd be pushing for a banding or 7's name.

Okay. Up to you!

My input

:wink::wink::wink::wink:

Phyl – you are so right about the crackling and rattling, they chew loud too!! And the smells, I really hate people who can eat all that stuff.

I have been living on about 600 to 700 calories for the last 2 weeks. I’m not really into sugar free, it gives me headache if I eat too much.

Dinner here tonight at my meeting is roast beef, veggies, potatoes, rolls, salad. So I had a slice of beef and a BIG salad with a smidgen of vingarette…and I mean a smidgen..I feel better, I was really starving. I know the beef was not on my allowed list.

Stephanie is probably right about the last meal, but there are so many things I have been thinking about, food wise, which is stupid, I know I will be able to have it eventually. I also know that I have to make some major changes in my eating habits.

I am with Phyl with the Boobie Brigade.