Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Phyl!!!! What awesome news. you've come a long ways baby! Another couple sizes and you'll be out of the "women's" section. That was such an amazing feeling when I could finally walk into a store and there were clothes on the rack that fit me.

Okay....I DID IT!!! My MRI was great. Doc will see me 11 to discuss what he sees and treatment options. I'm going to bring up the fact that I have a serious commintment in Septemeber and I need to start training now. Maybe that will help him see surgery now rater than laater. We will see.

Okay...going to go sleep on the valium. Love you ladies!

Hi Steph, mon cherie!

Oh, sweetie....I can only relate on the most superficial level.....But, just think how bad this would be if you were still carrying all the extra weight. When I had my back pain, work got me a zero gravity kinda' reclining chair and it went a long way to making the pain go away. I found out that all of us over 35ish have spinal degeneration of one sort or another. Your sort is just different and more intense than mine. For some reason, mine is manageable with yoga.

OK!!!!! Let's hit this challenge as a team. GOOOOOOOO Steph!

So, I'm into my research mode http://spinwarp.ucsd.edu/NeuroWeb/Text/sp-700.htm (seems to contain a really good analysis of the problems and is not influenced by the drug companies. It even has pictures).

Luv,

Car

Edited by Car

Hi Steph, mon cherie!

Oh, sweetie....I can only relate on the most superficial level.....But, just think how bad this would be if you were still carrying all the extra weight. When I had my back pain, work got me a zero gravity kinda' reclining chair and it went a long way to making the pain go away. I found out that all of us over 35ish have spinal degeneration of one sort or another. Your sort is just different and more intense than mine. For some reason, mine is manageable with yoga.

OK!!!!! Let's hit this challenge as a team. GOOOOOOOO Steph!

So, I'm into my research mode http://spinwarp.ucsd.edu/NeuroWeb/Text/sp-700.htm (seems to contain a really good analysis of the problems and is not influenced by the drug companies. It even has pictures).

Luv,

Car

Terrific article Car... thanks for putting it up there..

Candice

Hi there ladies. I'm finally back from the clinic. What a day it has been.

As soon as I got to the office Dr wanted to show me my MRI. In one of my vertibra the inside has closed up so much that there is no room for my nerve to be. Because of that he is going to do a laminectomy on that disc and a discectomy on the disc below it.

I wasn't even into a room and he was asking if my condition was worse or if I was having incontenance problems. He seemed to think they were iminent. He told me that if that happens, to call him as an emergency and we won't wait for the surgery.

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 10. I figure this must be a serious issue because he got me a date so quickly. He gave me a choice of tomorrow or the next day, but I wasn't going to be able to put it off longer than that.

From what I understand, I will be given general anastesia, they will lay me on my stomach and open me up. This will not be done arthoscopically. He will do the two procedures he has identified and then look at the discs between l4, l5, and s1. If he needs to he will do something there, but this first is major enough.

He said that depending on how the operation goes I could be out of the hospital tomorrow or have to stay 2 days. So if you don't hear from me, don't panic.

That's my update. I'm posting it on Facebook too and I'm sure Jeff will put up an update on facebook as soon as he knows anything.

I'm zoning now so I'm going to sign off and doze. I'll talk to you all later. Love you guys.

As soon as I got to the office Dr wanted to show me my MRI. In one of my vertibra the inside has closed up so much that there is no room for my nerve to be. Because of that he is going to do a laminectomy on that disc and a discectomy on the disc below it.

I wasn't even into a room and he was asking if my condition was worse or if I was having incontenance problems. He seemed to think they were iminent. He told me that if that happens, to call him as an emergency and we won't wait for the surgery.

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 10. I figure this must be a serious issue because he got me a date so quickly. He gave me a choice of tomorrow or the next day, but I wasn't going to be able to put it off longer than that.

From what I understand, I will be given general anastesia, they will lay me on my stomach and open me up. This will not be done arthoscopically. He will do the two procedures he has identified and then look at the discs between l4, l5, and s1. If he needs to he will do something there, but this first is major enough.

He said that depending on how the operation goes I could be out of the hospital tomorrow or have to stay 2 days. So if you don't hear from me, don't panic.

That's my update. I'm posting it on Facebook too and I'm sure Jeff will put up an update on facebook as soon as he knows anything.

I'm zoning now so I'm going to sign off and doze. I'll talk to you all later. Love you guys.

When are you going back to the PA with a good round of "Eat Dirt"!

Think strong thoughts.

Love,

Car

Awh Stephanie, You poor thing! But ya know what - you are in the BEST PLACE for you right now. This surgeoon knows what hes talking about... so don't have any worries. You are in good hands.

As for the rest of us I am sure we will all be PRAYING FOR YOUR speedy recovery!!! And you can again look forward to being pain free!

Is he going to loosen your BAND before you go under?

((((((HUGE HUGS)))))

Candice

Awh Stephanie, You poor thing! But ya know what - you are in the BEST PLACE for you right now. This surgeoon knows what hes talking about... so don't have any worries. You are in good hands.

As for the rest of us I am sure we will all be PRAYING FOR YOUR speedy recovery!!! And you can again look forward to being pain free!

Is he going to loosen your BAND before you go under?

((((((HUGE HUGS)))))

Candice

I thought about it. I was going to call my team in Bismarck about it. But then I thought, I'mI not that tight. Just tight enough so that I know when enough is enough. So I decided that I wouldn't do it. If I need to, I'm sure I can go to the guy here who does bands and he would unfil me. Having someone here that's an expert helped me make that decision too.

Thank you guys for the prayers. I haven't had the nerve to talk to him about the 60mile walk. I'm thinking that can be and "after I'm fixed" talk too.

Okay. I napped for awhile but am still a little loopy so I'm going to sign off. Love you guys.

Steph - I will be thinking about you. If I have to...I can put you in a wheel chair and push you 60 miles!!!!

My fingers are crossed and now I am going to have to set up a Facebook account to see how things go tomorrow. Can you PM me how to get ahold of you on facebook? DH can show me how to use it.

Sounds like a plan that will work!

Relief is just a day away!

You will be in our prayers!

And we will be anxiously awaiting an update from you or Jeff.

Either here or on FB.

When are you going back to the PA with a good round of "Eat Dirt"!

Think strong thoughts.

Love,

Car

I think the phrase she likes is

"EAT ROCKS AND DIE!!"

Steph - I will be thinking about you. If I have to...I can put you in a wheel chair and push you 60 miles!!!!

My fingers are crossed and now I am going to have to set up a facebook account to see how things go tomorrow. Can you PM me how to get ahold of you on facebook? DH can show me how to use it.

You can find her by just googling her name...

Or google any one of us, then add as "friend", and we will make friend suggestions!

I know... sounds really dorky!

There are quite a few of us Lucky #7 "Bandsters" on FB now.

I wonder if my scooter will make it 60 miles!!

I have two... she could use one!

:):ohmy::blink:

Still miserable with stomach problems.

Sliming, PBing and just plain vomiting.

Sat up on the couch until 4 a.m., then up at 7 a.m., so very short night.

Got a small Breakfast down and it stayed down, but couldn't drink after that.

I usually drink 20 oz Crystal Lite during Water aerobics and

20 oz of water in the hot tub afterwards.

Haven't been able to finish the Crystal Lite the last two mornings.

Went to Red Hatters luncheon at noon time

Ate a small amount, did a little sliming, then okay.

No afternoon snack, just my glass of wine.

But after eating a small amt of dinner, started sliming again.

Then lost most of my dinner. A little more comfortable now, but still keeping a bag next to me!

Back to liquids tomorrow, I guess. We'll see if I can get back to normal by giving the stomach a rest.

Edited by phyllser

Phyl, I know you are already a papaya fan, but have you tried pineapple juice? It really is drano from the gods. If I'm stuck then it causes an eruption, but if I'm sliming it unclogs the drain. Usually 1 4oz can is all I need. A couple of sips and then wait 5 mins. If nothing, another couple of sips. Repeat until you are either draino'd or erupted. Then back to warm liquids for a day. I've only had 1 stuck that pineapple juice didn't work on and that was a bagel. No more Bagels for me EVER!!

I was going to contact the 3day group and find out if you could ride your scooter in the walk. If it wasn't for your knees, now that you're getting so skinny, I'd say you could walk it with us. They have shuttle buses that come by and pick up anyone who is in distress. They will then take you either to the next rest stop or back to camp. they seem to really have all the problems thought of. They even said they would ask anyone who was running to leave....so I won't be getting lapped all the time by the Karri's of the world (no offense Karri, I love you). If nothing else, you could find out the route and either be at the cheering stations or the rest stops helping out. There are a million things you could do Phyl, if you want to be involved but can't do the walking part. Check it out if you are interested.

Okay. I have to go take my "pre-surgery" shower. They gave me this mongo bar of soap to use tonight on my back....and then a second mondo bar to use tomorrow. I hope they don't think I'm going to scrub and scrub and scrub until I use the whole thing. If they do, they are nuts. It would take an hour and really not be good for my skin.

Okay...off for now. I'll probably check back in later. When does Janet leave for the cruise? I'd rather be cruising, I'll tell you that!

Okay....off.

Phyl, I know you are already a papaya fan, but have you tried pineapple juice? It really is drano from the gods. If I'm stuck then it causes an eruption, but if I'm sliming it unclogs the drain. Usually 1 4oz can is all I need. A couple of sips and then wait 5 mins. If nothing, another couple of sips. Repeat until you are either draino'd or erupted. Then back to warm liquids for a day. I've only had 1 stuck that pineapple juice didn't work on and that was a bagel. No more Bagels for me EVER!!

I was going to contact the 3day group and find out if you could ride your scooter in the walk. If it wasn't for your knees, now that you're getting so skinny, I'd say you could walk it with us. They have shuttle buses that come by and pick up anyone who is in distress. They will then take you either to the next rest stop or back to camp. they seem to really have all the problems thought of. They even said they would ask anyone who was running to leave....so I won't be getting lapped all the time by the Karri's of the world (no offense Karri, I love you). If nothing else, you could find out the route and either be at the cheering stations or the rest stops helping out. There are a million things you could do Phyl, if you want to be involved but can't do the walking part. Check it out if you are interested.

Okay. I have to go take my "pre-surgery" shower. They gave me this mongo bar of soap to use tonight on my back....and then a second mondo bar to use tomorrow. I hope they don't think I'm going to scrub and scrub and scrub until I use the whole thing. If they do, they are nuts. It would take an hour and really not be good for my skin.

Okay...off for now. I'll probably check back in later. When does Janet leave for the cruise? I'd rather be cruising, I'll tell you that!

Okay....off.

OH... I forgot about the pineapple juice. That's my last resort weapon. I think I have one more can left, too. I have to dig in the basket that serves as our RV pantry! Thanks for reminding me.

Janet leaves for the cruise on Sunday. Today is GS 18th birthday. But I don't know where she is because she said he was having dinner with his mom tonight. Probably just getting ready to go... and I think meeting with house sitter tonight.

Karri found her way to FB. I sent her some LBT friend suggestions... tried to keep it to Lucky #7s, but sometimes hard to remember which ones are from other threads.

God Speed Steph, praying for you.

Phyl, What about something hot, coffee, tea, broth? Hot liquids help.

DH offered me tea a few hours ago but I wasn't ready for any kind of liquids yet. Feeling better now and maybe I'll try that if I can't find a can of pineapple juice. Hoping not to have to sit on the couch half the night tonight!

Just showed Jeff how to write something here. He will let you all know when I'm out of surgery and doing great.

Surgery is at 10. figure it will be a little less than 2 hours.

Tomorrow I'm going to be able to walk without pain!!!

Have a good day ladies. Oh...and my calories will be excellent today...I get to say 0!!! Or do I have to count whatever they put in me by IV?

Steph - OMW that's fast - Hugs Prayrer Love for a safe surgery and speedy recovery - I will make sure to ck fb today..

Hi gang - I haven't been on the computer much - with all I have to do..

Last night got invited to go to join GS other fammily for dinner by his stepdad - So I jumped at the chance to go to Flemmings (very nice restaruant at the River in Rancho Mirage)

Do you know what - 3/18 is my bro Michael's Bday too he would have been 51 yesterday - well you know what we did last year - I took both Andrew & Micheal to dinner at Flemmings for their birthdays - and here I end up there again just by chance yesterday ...- So with my tropical martini - We toasted to Andrew and then to Michael...

Well, I will ck in latter to see how our girl Step is doing...

Hugs Ladies - I gotta get some work done... xoxox J

Steph - OMW that's fast - Hugs Prayrer Love for a safe surgery and speedy recovery - I will make sure to ck fb today..

Hi gang - I haven't been on the computer much - with all I have to do..

Last night got invited to go to join GS other fammily for dinner by his stepdad - So I jumped at the chance to go to Flemmings (very nice restaruant at the River in Rancho Mirage)

Do you know what - 3/18 is my bro Michael's Bday too he would have been 51 yesterday - well you know what we did last year - I took both Andrew & Micheal to dinner at Flemmings for their birthdays - and here I end up there again just by chance yesterday ...- So with my tropical martini - We toasted to Andrew and then to Michael...

Well, I will ck in latter to see how our girl Step is doing...

Hugs Ladies - I gotta get some work done... xoxox J

I am sending you (((BIG HUGs )))today, that must have been an emotional moment at dinner. Passing your Brother Michaels Bday would be tearful I would imagine.:tt2:

(((BIG HUGS))) go out to Phyl today too, being stuck and sliming for days is no picnic. I hope the pineapple juice works:tt1:

And Stephanie, Girl your probably in surgery right now. (((EXTRA Big SOFT Hugs)))) for you !!:)

Phyl

Are you stressed??? How long was it since you went and go your last fill?

Hope it gets better - that's just awful