Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2014 sleevers check in please!

I feel like I've been out of the loop...so I thought I'd check in too!

Sleeve 10/14

Starting weight: 256

Surgery weight: 224

Current weight: 202

I went thru a stall about 3 weeks out, but now have been steadily losing in the last two weeks. Hope to hit onederland this week!

I have been doing good on Water, I just have to remind myself not to get behind because I can't catch up. When I get thirsty it is too late!

Exercise has been a struggle. I had a knee replacement on 9/22 and was just starting to get the physical therapy really going when I had my sleeve. A few days after my sleeve I started showing signs of infection and started antibiotics. Sadly, last week my incision was still not healing well and reddish, so back to the OR I went. They opened the incision to find staph. So now I'm on two different oral antibiotics (which reck havoc on my belly), and hoping that I will finally heal and put this behind me. Trying to make sure I have plenty of Protein on board for healing!

My struggles are how awkward it is socially to sit at the table and not eat much, or to eat so slowly (see new thread). I am doing really well with softs, meats are still hard for me. I can't believe how little it takes to be full. My biggest accomplishment this week was learning to not overeat and get the slimes.

So craving carbs...my fav was spaghetti on toast...oh my.

Excited to buy a new outfit for the Thanksgiving festivities--nothing is fitting anymore!

Edited by Iowa_summergirl

Regarding reflux: I had GERD prior to surgery but am now finding it to be more active. Pre op I was taking my reflux medication about one a week, now I'm taking it every other day. I'll be asking about this at my one month follow up this week.

I was told that if you have GERD this surgery could make it worse. That was something discussed prior to surgery when deciding which surgery would be best for me. I would definitely discuss that with your surgeon at the follow up. If they knew, they should have told you.

Yeah it was a risk, but the resolution rates for GERD are still a positive for both sleeve and RNY. I think my liver is still overworking and making too much bile. I'm still spilling bilirubin in my urine. Will be a topic of discussion at my appointment this week.

Hey everybody, Hope you all are doing well. Yesterday I had my 1 month post op appointment. I'm down 20 pounds since surgery and I feel great. I retuned to work yesterday and I am still finding my way back into my normal routine. I will start to incorporate cardio and strenght training next week along with my normal walking. NSV: I put on some gray pants that use to fit me skin tight and now they are so loose that they are almost falling off. Its an amazing feeling. I am even wearing heels today and my feet don't hurt from all the weight I use to carry!

Going in for my swallow study today. I have continued to have the cramping after I eat anything. liquids go down a bit easier. Hopefully all is well and I just need to heal more, but I was afraid to wait any longer in case something is going on. Prayers requested! Thanks!

Going in for my swallow study today. I have continued to have the cramping after I eat anything. Liquids go down a bit easier. Hopefully all is well and I just need to heal more, but I was afraid to wait any longer in case something is going on. Prayers requested! Thanks!

prayers being sent!

Hey everyone!

Mona Party of six checking in!!!!

Well I am 27 days post-op as of today. I got on the scale this morning and my CW is 180lbs, so I am down 19lbs today. I plan to start walking pertty soon. I'm feeling pretty good due to the chewable vitamins and my diet which consist of a daily intake of veggies such as Collards, blackeyed peas, cheese sticks, yogourt, eggs, Kindbars, and I protien shake either morning or night. :)

Hey everybody, Hope you all are doing well. Yesterday I had my 1 month post op appointment. I'm down 20 pounds since surgery and I feel great. I retuned to work yesterday and I am still finding my way back into my normal routine. I will start to incorporate cardio and strenght training next week along with my normal walking. NSV: I put on some gray pants that use to fit me skin tight and now they are so loose that they are almost falling off. Its an amazing feeling. I am even wearing heels today and my feet don't hurt from all the weight I use to carry!

This is great progress! Congrats on your NSVs!

Mona, congratulations!

Domawa, I hope all goes well

Thanks all! I met with the PA and evidently what I am feeling is due to eating and drinking too fast and too much. I was pushing the Protein Drinks trying to get my numbers up and it was making my sleeve unhappy. So I am slowing way down. They said I may also be lactose intolerant. That happens sometimes to sleeve patients. So almond milk for me. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement!

@@Iowa_summergirl

You are doing awesome!

October 8 surgery. Down 40 lbs. as of Monday. Weigh in once per week. Started working out almost two weeks ago. No problems for the most part. Feel great. Started on soft solids one week after surgery per docs suggestion. Don't drink Protein Shakes, don't puree food. Just eat the small portions of the foods on the list and chew 'email up real well. Haven't "cheated" one time. Not a chip, fry, piece of candy, or sip of pop. I'm in this to go all the way. Not here, going through major surgery, to lose most of my excess weight. I want it ALL gone. Life is good.

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm feeling so much better. Nausea is gone and the last two days I've had more energy. I am tolerating soft foods well. So I'm gonna try and hit the gym tomorrow! I still can't tolerate Protein supplements and I need to get on a strict regimen with my Vitamins. I just want to have a good routine before I go back to work Dec. 8th. Thank you all for supporting me through the last 3 weeks it was rough! ???? HW 244, SW 228.2, CW 205.8 Ht 5'5"

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm feeling so much better. Nausea is gone and the last two days I've had more energy. I am tolerating soft foods well. So I'm gonna try and hit the gym tomorrow! I still can't tolerate Protein supplements and I need to get on a strict regimen with my Vitamins. I just want to have a good routine before I go back to work Dec. 8th. Thank you all for supporting me through the last 3 weeks it was rough! ???? HW 244, SW 228.2, CW 205.8 Ht 5'5"

glad to hear you're feeling better ☺