Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! I really need to keep up with the group more, I have just been so busy the last few weeks! I had my 3 month post op on Tuesday, and just like u amylynns, I don't get to see my surgeon either. I don't like my P.A. at all, she just smiles n nods at me at everything I say! Then she seriously argued with me over excedrin..tried telling me excedrin is Naproxen. I said nooo, and finally she looked it up and wouldn't ya know, I WAS RIGHT! I've taken excedrin for years, duh lady. But I found a new one with no aspirin in it so I was telling her about it. Ugh. Anyways, I am down a total of 68 lbs, it seems so unreal! everything seems to be fine so far, haven't heard back about my blood yet tho. I've been taking the 50,000 iu of Vitamin D once a week, so that should be fine.

I had a meltdown the other morning lol, because I was getting dressed, and nothing fit me. Everything is big. Even my stretchy leggings. Still wearing them tho, cuz I have nothing else and I'm broke at the moment. very frustrating! Need to go thru more clothes and go trade in at the consignment shop again.

As for bread and salad, I am able to tolerate both pretty well, thank goodness. I don't eat bread alot, but I'll toast some for a blt or something like that. I've been having a Protein Shake every morning for the last few weeks because I need to boost my Protein intake. It's funny cuz some food I feel like I can keep eating. But something like chicken wings, I have 2 and I'm done lol. My cousin fixed a plate for me tonight and FILLED it completely, I was like umm...I can eat maybe less than a quarter of that! Nobody gets it!

The PA also told me this week that if I'm having pouch pain to lay on my left side, so it must be true!

@dc0502

You have kidney stones, wow, so sorry. Those are supposed to be extremely painful. My brother had then and he couldn't even walk straight.

I was told to lay on left side for pouch pain to help empty stomach. This is because the roux limb is on the left. And lay on the right to slow down dumping. Like if you have too much sugar or fat and start getting the shakes. By laying on the right side you are slowing the progression of food from stomach to intestines. It is this rapid emptying were the name comes from "dumping" from stomach to intestines too fast. If you realize you are dumping early on and lay down pronto you may be able to slow it down enough. However, I try laying in whatever which way seems to work, usually my back. I stay as still as possible.I also run around when I know I ate too much. If it is only a little too much it works but when I ate way too much (2 extra bites, lol) nothing works.

@@finallyaloser

Congratulations on making it to 299. That's wonderful. I am sure you can't believe how well you are doing. Isn't this amazing. Success only helps even further. It's a great motivator. Well done!

@@Luna222

I can't fit in my stretchy clothes either. The pants fall off. I too had a melt down the other day and took everything out of the closet that didn't fit. It was like everything. I was just so tired of putting something on and going - Nope, this looks ridiculous or these pants are for sure going to fall off. It was exhausting.

Thursday meal plan

B- premier Protein shake chocolate 11oz

S- 7 slices turkey pepperoni microwaved chips mozzarella cheese stick

L- 1/4 piece of johnsonville chicken link

S- 100 calorie strawberry greek yogurt 4oz with teaspoon of sugarfree Hershey's chocolate chips

D- 1/3 c lasagna stouffers

S- 4 coconut Moravian Cookies very thin & light yum!!

13w post rny gbs

So I haven't had a lot of issues with clothes being so big they fall off. That is until the last few days. I walked from the car to the house, with my hands full of course, and lost my pants right as I got in the front door. Then this evening I put on my favorite comfy pj pants and walked from my bedroom to the kitchen and lost them on the way.

Thursday meal plan

B- premier Protein shake chocolate 11oz

S- 7 slices turkey pepperoni microwaved chips mozzarella cheese stick

L- 1/4 piece of johnsonville chicken link

S- 100 calorie strawberry greek yogurt 4oz with teaspoon of sugarfree Hershey's chocolate chips

D- 1/3 c lasagna stouffers

S- 4 coconut Moravian Cookies very thin & light yum!!

13w post rny gbs

Do you make your Protein Shake with Water or milk? I thought I'd try a shake a few days ago to get my Protein count up and I mistakingly used milk. My gut bloated up horribly and I was totally uncomfortable all day. Couldn't eat normally the whole day. It's like the shake just sat in my pouch all day long and nothing else would fit. I'm just assuming it was the milk.

Love your meal plans each day. :-)

TryB- left over taco fixings....in a make shift salad ( with just a sprinkle of lettuce) so taco meat, taco cheese, Tomato, little salsa, little sour cream. Yep....for Breakfast. Might have it tomorrow too!

S- Tried folgers Cappuccino mix. I swear it said no sugar and 50 calories. I'll double check tomorrow. Tasted great and didn't upset my stomach like even Dr-caf coffee does.

L- 1/2 baked potato w/ 1/4 cup cottage cheese on it.

S- 3 Hershey kisses with almonds. So worth it.

D- chef salad. Still can't accept my belly doesn't like salad. Did better than last time. But also probably ate 1 bite too much.

S- small mashed banana with cinnamon sprinkled and warned up. Hymns.

5 cheese cubes

12 weeks post op. Rny bypass

Edited by amylynns

Thanks @beni. the information about lying on my side is, I think, the best information I have gotten since surgery. It really helped me.

@@finallyaloser

I laughed so hard at your losing the pants story. I so can relate. When I put the pants on, I am thinking, yes, this is a little big but I'm okay. Then hello, the pants slide right down, I can't even catch them fast enough. Last week, I was organizing the storage area in my basement that has all the Christmas decor. It was a huge job and I had these stretchy pants on. I must have pulled them up a 100 times before I went - Heck, I can't do this anymore, my pants are seriously slowing me down. Now, I can't remember ever having suffered from this predicament in my entire life. I cannot tell you how many times I pull my pants up. This is why I finally moved all the clothing that didn't fit out of my closet (most of it). It was driving me baddy. Even the pants I had moved the button an inch in were falling off. I have lost 7 inches off my waist. I get how moving the button one inch in is not going to solve the problem. Lol, WLS problems. Belts help but asking a belt to address a 7 inch problem is like asking for a miracle. You know how there are "First World Problems" such as 900 channels and nothing to watch on TV. Losing your pants is for sure worthy of "WLS problems."

@@amylynns The premier Protein shakes are already prepared it comes in like milk carton style with a screw on lid if can't finnish it. You can purchase them at costco on sale for 19.99 regularly 24.99 18 pack cartons 11 oz

Nutrition Info: 11oz serving

160 cals

total carbs 5g

sugars 1g

30g Protein

total fat 3g

comes in chocolate, strawberry, vanilla

they tast pretty good if iced cold!

@@amylynns The premier Protein shakes are already prepared it comes in like milk carton style with a screw on lid if can't finnish it. You can purchase them at costco on sale for 19.99 regularly 24.99 18 pack cartons 11 oz

Nutrition Info: 11oz serving

160 cals

total carbs 5g

sugars 1g

30g Protein

total fat 3g

comes in chocolate, strawberry, vanilla

they tast pretty good if iced cold!

Thanks! We don't have a costco here, but I just checked on-line and our wal-mart carries them. Maybe I'll try those and see if I can get some more protein in that way. I'm only averaging 35-50g a day now.

So this post will probably be long but I need to say it.

I'm at stalled for 21 days now, the same 2-5 pounds I bounce. I've been extremely stressed and depressed by it. I admit I haven't been working out like I should and I am going to get on the ball this Monday.

Despite that I wanted to post about the good things that have happened to me in the last 16 weeks. I've lost 45lbs, which is the most I've lost ever attempting any weight loss regimes. I've gone from 45 bmi to 37 bmi. I've gone from hips of 54 inches to hips of 46 inches. I've gone from a 40 inch waist to an 34 inch waist. My knees have stopped hurting. This will be the first spring in 10+ years that I'm not heavier than I was in the beginning of the winter. I've found my knee caps, I've found my collar bone. The shirts I have jow are way too big for me but I still haven't had the courage to part with them. My weight is lower than its ever been prior to my 3 pregnancies.

I needed to look at the positives instead of focusing on the scale not moving. I think I feel better knowing I've come further than I ever have before. I hope I continue this marathon because I certainly know now that it's definitely not a sprint.

Here are some photos of my progress.

post-185145-14220472313513_thumb.jpg

So much good stuff on this page. I had my gall bladder out in 2002. I feel so lucky for that. I feel lucky when my pants fall down, and that my "jeans belt" that used to not fit at all, is now in need of another hole. Even shoes that used to not fit are too big. I'm looking for a job so I can buy clothes.