Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having problems getting all my protien in daily. From what I read that is probably the main reason I'm loosing slowly. I am also struggling to eat still at 7 weeks post op. I may get 2 bites in then I'm nauseous.

Wishing everyone the best of luck in their journey!

I had surgery 10/22 and as of today I've only lost 9 pounds. I get all my Protein in and my Water. It's very depressing! I was walking outside until it turned cold. I start back to work tomorrow and will join the gym and use the treadmill. I have a treadmill at home but for some reason, have an adversion to using it! Isn't that weird.

Hello everyone stalls are normal stay focus and take one day at a time, focus on making good choices, your Protein and Water , as long as you are making good choices and exercising you are going in the right direction, just remember one pound is 1 pound less than you had, Good luck and congrats on your choice in being healthy.

I am part of this club too. Surgery on Nov 4,2014 lost 12 lbs and have been stuck on 198 for two weeks. I was afraid that a stall this early out, 3 weeks, is a sign of doom.

Your stories tell me we are normal and to keep on keeping on. I have no problem taking the Water or Protein, and am allowed 2T of soft protein foods 2xs a day. I only eat it once a day and try try try to drink and protein. I walk 40 min a day. Can anyone else tell me what their daily routine is?

I'm having trouble as well. Sometimes I'm not sure how I'm doing. It's been almost 11 weeks since surgery and I'm down 40 pounds. To be honest I thought I would lose more. I do have trouble eating and more trouble getting my Protein in. I wonder if I'm doing ok or if it's time to revamp things. It's so hard to not compare. I am happy to be losing at all but seems to get stuck a lot

I also had surgery on 10/22 and lost 33lbs prior to surgery. Now post op I have only lost 15 lbs. I keep wondering how you could eat so little and not loose. It has to be survival. Your body working as it is meant to. Holding on in survival mode. It has got to give soon. We have to stay positive. We have all come a long way and we are only at the beginning of this journey.

I had a huge loss my first week post-op (22 pounds) and only a couple of pounds since then. I have been feeling fairly discouraged today, but am trying to remind myself that slow and steady wins the race when it comes to weight loss.

I am in the same shoe... I am thinking about to stop weighing my self for a longer period... what helped for you? or still having the same problem?

Edited by DoraP

I'm averaging 3-4 pounds lost per week. At nearly 8 weeks out I'm at 43 pounds total. I still have a long way to go, but it has already made a huge difference in how I feel. I focus on getting my Protein and Water and try to keep my activity level up. I'm accepting that losing steadily is healthier for my body and trying to remember that every pound gets me closer to my goal.

Before surgery, I lost 25 on a liquid Protein diet. In 3 weeks since surgery, I've lost 10. i'm not complaining about this. I think people are right about slower weight loss being better for skin issues. My PCP says to expect 8-10 pounds a month. That's a lot of weight. I am so grateful. I feel so much better already.

You are totally not a slow loser. You're supposed to lose 2lbs a week and you're about 8 weeks out so you're right on schedule. Comparing yourself with other people isn't really productive as you're not the other person so it's no use anyway. The first few weeks aren't always good for losing because your body is healing and is busy doing other things. Also, when you don't get enough calories, your body starts holding on to them for dear life and you don't lose weight.

I am a slow loser. In my first year I lost a grand total of 30lbs, 25 of which were during the pre-op diet where I basically starved myself (I'm intolerant to the Protein shakes). They've since highlighted underlying medical causes for this that we're only beginning to address. After two years of not losing anything, I've finally started losing again, although I completely lost my malabsorption window so every pound for me will be hard. The doctors have now conceded they probably should have listened to my complaints about my problems that I wanted fixed before my surgery before they did my surgery. If I haven't given up in discouragement yet, you shouldn't after such a short time.

I am also a slow loser and stalled at 270, what can i do to jump start the weight loss again?

I have been stalled at 225 for three weeks. I am getting incredibly depressed. But I just have to keep remembering I wouldn't even be this far down without a lot of hard work and a lot more to go. It will pick up again! Good Luck!

I'm eating about 950 calories a day and 90g of protien. My weight loss has only been 3 lbs in the past week. What should be daily caloric intake?

I am a very slow loser and it's making me so upset!! I started surgery (Jully 22nd) at 310. Now two months out I weigh 280. I'm beyond frustrated. A ton of people I know have already lost 50 pounds two months post op and I'm only at 30 :(

Hi - Congratulations on your weight loss! it took me about 1 1/2 yrs to get my weight off (80lbs). Lots of others in my support group lost faster than I did. Try not to compare yourself. It's so individual. Emotionally I realized I could not have handled a fast huge weight lost and it gave me time to process it. I felt very vulnerable becoming a small human. ????