Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

Congrats. I know im excited but getting nervous...

Congrats. I know im excited but getting nervous...

Me too. Where are you having your surgery?

@ lissa863 You managed to make it in the October losers group. Hurray and welcome!

Had my pre-surgery appointment with the surgeon to sign consent forms and ask 55 minutes worth of questions. His ears must have been ringing. Poor Dr. Fitzer. All is clear and now I sit and eat bonbons until Oct 28th. I wish, I am doing a low carb, low sugar, no caffeine until the 3 day liquid diet. But I feel like a circus acrobat after jumping through all the hoops - Done, tonight I Celebrate

Had my pre-surgery appointment with the surgeon to sign consent forms and ask 55 minutes worth of questions. His ears must have been ringing. Poor Dr. Fitzer. All is clear and now I sit and eat bonbons until Oct 28th. I wish, I am doing a low carb, low sugar, no caffeine until the 3 day liquid diet. But I feel like a circus acrobat after jumping through all the hoops - Done, tonight I Celebrate

Yay Beni!!! You're getting close!! Celebrate well tonight--and whatever you eat, eat double for me please!! I know it's going to be SO flippin long before I get real food, especially if I end up needing that feeding tube. Ugh.. I really wish my surgeon wouldn't have said anything. Now it's like there's a dark, scary cloud over me.

@@amylynns Please don't allow it to stress you. Think in terms of - it is out of your control. Besides that has to be so rare. In fact, I have never heard of anyone (in all the posts with bariatric pal) who couldn't do a lapband to bypass revision. It is the most common revision. If it makes you feel better start a new topic with lapband to bypass revision. Perhaps you'll get some posts that will help.

@misstvb@Beni thanks ladies, I am so surprised that I haven't felt pain. When I woke up from surgery I was crying like a baby but after that they took care of it and it hasn't been bad at all, I feel brand new, they even fixed my back. I'm just dying to taste anything. Water has gotten so boring fast. I just took pills and they weren't hard to swallow either. I think my period is coming down too, which is odd because I was on a 90 day cycle prior and my last period came in august I think the surgery fixed everything in me that was screwed up.

Bronx, I think they fixed my period too, it was so heavy, now it is lighter and I haven't gained at all, I lost a few pounds since it's come. I usually gain 5+lbs, and I swear the staff must have thought I was lying one time except I came back 2 weeks after I had it and was down 3-4lbs.

@@Beni thanks im super excited.

Okay, so today I get to eat things. It was like heaven opened up its gates and shined down upon me. I played it safe and mashed up some cottage cheese with salt and pepper and took a little longer than 30 minutes to eat it because I was also feeding my kids. I've noticed before surgery that my nose runs when I'm full, well it did that today and I stopped shy of 1/2C of food. I used a small saucer type plate and mashed up the meal looked huge to me. I know when I have more regular food it will look smaller but I know my tummy isn't all that big anymore. The NUT said I could go to 3/4 C but I don't know how I'd be able to do that at this point. It is lovely to not be ruled by the hormone that makes you hungry.

@@kimodell69 im having it in fort myers fl and lee memorial with Dr. Thomas Bass.

Any complications?? The reason I ask is that at my pre-op appointment today, my surgeon spend an hour with me making sure I was aware of the complications having the revision done. Now, mine is a little different because I had the band out last Dec. That's his concern...that the stomach tissue has been "messed with" twice now...and this would be a third. He said I'd most likely have to have a feeding tube in place for 2 weeks to make sure that tissue heals very good before food/ liquid is introduced to it. I'd also most likely have 2-3 drains, to prevent any infections.

He is willing to still do the surgery---but he is suggesting I possibly consider the sleeve instead. I have to call them Friday AM and give them my final decision.

I asked him, " What about if I say the bypass, but if you get in there and see that's it's not a safe option (in regards to the stomach tissue) you go ahead and do the sleeve?" He said he doesn't like to go down that road because if he's biased towards the sleeve and then does the sleeve---I could be pissed and say,"You only did the sleeve because that's what you wanted, not what I wanted."

*sigh* I was NOT expecting this today!!!

Amylynns:

I'm having band to bypass 10/23. I know that you will do well no matter which decision you make! You're part of the best "losers" EVER! Way to go October leaders, hope to be on the other side next Thursday!

Oct 17 @@Jols is the next gladiator through. We haven't heard from her in a while.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good luck tomorrow

Thanks! (And she is a he):-)

@@kimodell69 im having it in fort myers fl and lee memorial with Dr. Thomas Bass.

@@lissa863 I am having mine at Sarasota Memorial. We are almost neighbors! :)

@@kimodell69 pretty close I actually live in labelle but fort myers us the closest hospital where they allow bariatric surgery.