Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

I got mine at Wal-Mart, have u tried there

No, but I will - thanks

Any complications?? The reason I ask is that at my pre-op appointment today, my surgeon spend an hour with me making sure I was aware of the complications having the revision done. Now, mine is a little different because I had the band out last Dec. That's his concern...that the stomach tissue has been "messed with" twice now...and this would be a third. He said I'd most likely have to have a feeding tube in place for 2 weeks to make sure that tissue heals very good before food/ liquid is introduced to it. I'd also most likely have 2-3 drains, to prevent any infections.

He is willing to still do the surgery---but he is suggesting I possibly consider the sleeve instead. I have to call them Friday AM and give them my final decision.

I asked him, " What about if I say the bypass, but if you get in there and see that's it's not a safe option (in regards to the stomach tissue) you go ahead and do the sleeve?" He said he doesn't like to go down that road because if he's biased towards the sleeve and then does the sleeve---I could be pissed and say,"You only did the sleeve because that's what you wanted, not what I wanted."

*sigh* I was NOT expecting this today!!!

@@Beni heres a cpap moment, with my horrible nowel prep, I ended up with diarrhea intl 4 in the morning, with attacks every 20 minutes. Trying to get the cpap off to run to the bathroom was a big mess/fiasco. And they told my I had to bring cpap to hospital only to have it sit in the corner.

Oh no. That's sucks. I figured I would have to wear it in the hospital too, but with all of the waking up they plan on doing, I won't get sleep anyway... I've actually thought, "what if I throw up in this thing?" That's disgusting, and I'd no doubt choke to death.

He did say if I decide on the bypass and he gets in there and it's not safe to do it, he would pull out and after 12 hours, I could make the decision to go ahead with the sleeve. I'd have to wait until an OR appointment opened up again though. (1 or 2 weeks) But he couldn't do the sleeve the same day...

Would love to hear some of what you learned. :)

me too!

No complications for me amylynns, although I still had the band placed before he did the rny. They said there was some scar tissue but it wasn't as bad as they expected it to be. They had me booked for a whole lot longer than I was actually in there for. They had me booked from 7:30 am to 1:30pm but I was out by 11am. I didn't have a slip or a prolapse of any kind before hand and it was still the same. I originally wanted the sleeve but my doctor said that I would most likely get the same results that I have had with the band and come back for a 3rd surgery later. I only lost 25lbs the first time. I hope you make the decision that is right for you. In all honesty I wish I had gone with the sleeve or bypass over the band in the first place.

I didn't have any drains, no tube feeding placed, I have been on the same process as those who are virgin surgeries. Hope I helped.

He did say if I decide on the bypass and he gets in there and it's not safe to do it, he would pull out and after 12 hours, I could make the decision to go ahead with the sleeve. I'd have to wait until an OR appointment opened up again though. (1 or 2 weeks) But he couldn't do the sleeve the same day...

Wow- that's a hard decision Amylynns, bc obviously you don't have all of the info needed to make that decision yet. And a lot of mental prep to possibly go back in 1-2 weeks for the sleeve after he looks around. It sure would be better for him to use his judgement once he's inside since you gave him permission. I feel for you. Hey, don't most people lose just as much with the sleeve tho as with RNY? Maybe just a little slower, but with none of the trauma to the intestine?

@@Mariew24

I won't have a time until the day before surgery. Which is bad because I have to drive in a very busy, lots of traffic to get there, area. I leave 2 hours before I have to be there and cross my fingers.

No complications for me amylynns, although I still had the band placed before he did the rny. They said there was some scar tissue but it wasn't as bad as they expected it to be. They had me booked for a whole lot longer than I was actually in there for. They had me booked from 7:30 am to 1:30pm but I was out by 11am. I didn't have a slip or a prolapse of any kind before hand and it was still the same. I originally wanted the sleeve but my doctor said that I would most likely get the same results that I have had with the band and come back for a 3rd surgery later. I only lost 25lbs the first time. I hope you make the decision that is right for you. In all honesty I wish I had gone with the sleeve or bypass over the band in the first place.

I didn't have any drains, no tube feeding placed, I have been on the same process as those who are virgin surgeries. Hope I helped.

Yes, that definitely helped Auri. Thank you! I'm pretty sure I'm still going to go with bypass and pray everything is ok. As much as I hate the thought of being closed back up and having no surgery for another week or two--I'd still rather go ahead with the surgery I really want. I know for me, the "stricter" restrictions with the bypass is really what I want/need--I know what my weaknesses are, and I feel I'll get the best results with that. BUT....with that being said, IF the sleeve ends up being my only option, I'll of course do that over nothing.

Tacycakes--I really do wish he'd just use his judgement, as long as I've given him permission. But he really wasn't comfortable with doing that. :huh:

@@grammajake

I'm wishing you all the best and I look forward to catching up with you after surgery. Take Care.

Yes, that definitely helped Auri. Thank you! I'm pretty sure I'm still going to go with bypass and pray everything is ok. As much as I hate the thought of being closed back up and having no surgery for another week or two--I'd still rather go ahead with the surgery I really want. I know for me, the "stricter" restrictions with the bypass is really what I want/need--I know what my weaknesses are, and I feel I'll get the best results with that. BUT....with that being said, IF the sleeve ends up being my only option, I'll of course do that over nothing.

Tacycakes--I really do wish he'd just use his judgement, as long as I've given him permission. But he really wasn't comfortable with doing that. :huh:

my surgeon the morning of surgery after they had given me a sedative, threw thAt question at me. If for some reason he could not do bypass once he got in there, was I ok with the sleeve? I was so bummed, but I got the bypass and all was good.

my surgeon the morning of surgery after they had given me a sedative, threw thAt question at me. If for some reason he could not do bypass once he got in there, was I ok with the sleeve? I was so bummed, but I got the bypass and all was good.

Wow--Smiley, Wish mine would just agree to that! I don't want to be closed back up and have to come back later.

So mini 2 week update. I just measured myself again along with my weight. Going by my scale weight I told you all at 245 lbs I'm down to 233lbs, so that a net 12 lbs loss. Then based off my measurements I've lost 113/4 inches, 3 inches from my bust and 2 inches off the hips was the most amount loss with about an inch loss from everywhere else. I'm hoping I'm not losing all my boobs because they were what I was proud of being as big as I am.

post-185145-14134094678351_thumb.jpg

post-185145-14134094870057_thumb.jpg

Same shirt, just fyi.

Hi all! I love reading everyone posts. it is really keeping me focused.

I was sleeved a week ago. Has anyone having back pain when they eat or drink? I am also having a hard time deciding whether or not I

I'm full or have gas pains.

Anyone having the same trouble?