Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

Amylynns:

I'm having band to bypass 10/23. I know that you will do well no matter which decision you make! You're part of the best "losers" EVER! Way to go October leaders, hope to be on the other side next Thursday!

Thanks freelyme!! I hope to report good news before your surgery next week!! :-)

Okay, so today I get to eat things. It was like heaven opened up its gates and shined down upon me. I played it safe and mashed up some cottage cheese with salt and pepper and took a little longer than 30 minutes to eat it because I was also feeding my kids. I've noticed before surgery that my nose runs when I'm full, well it did that today and I stopped shy of 1/2C of food. I used a small saucer type plate and mashed up the meal looked huge to me. I know when I have more regular food it will look smaller but I know my tummy isn't all that big anymore. The NUT said I could go to 3/4 C but I don't know how I'd be able to do that at this point. It is lovely to not be ruled by the hormone that makes you hungry.

My mouth was literally watering reading your post!! I'm so excited for you!!! I cannot wait to have some cottage cheese!!!!

@@amylynns Please don't allow it to stress you. Think in terms of - it is out of your control. Besides that has to be so rare. In fact, I have never heard of anyone (in all the posts with bariatric pal) who couldn't do a lapband to bypass revision. It is the most common revision. If it makes you feel better start a new topic with lapband to bypass revision. Perhaps you'll get some posts that will help.

Thank you Beni--you made me feel better. :-) I did ask a couple people on here and no one has had issues. Hopefully my surgeon was just being over-cautious. It's all going to be fine!!!

Thanks! (And she is a he):-)

LOL--glad you cleared that up for us! :-) How'd your surgery go?

So. My surgery is set for Oct 21. However, it was also set for Sept. 30 and then for Oct 7! I ended up getting sick and had to postpone. I am oddly calm and even a little detached. I think I won't believe it's happening till they wheel me into the operating room!

So. My surgery is set for Oct 21. However, it was also set for Sept. 30 and then for Oct 7! I ended up getting sick and had to postpone. I am oddly calm and even a little detached. I think I won't believe it's happening till they wheel me into the operating room!

you've got this!

Sherrib4health---No more getting sick!!!

Yess hunny bunny! The narcotics lol, I scratched my incision in my sleep, and while putting on my nose ring I missed like 8 times lol. I'm basically just scratching like a maniac, but it feels oh so good. I'm finally getting my liquids in. It was very hard at first, I only got 8 oz last night, and I'm supose to be going home today if I can drink 4oz every hour, its not looking too good. I still have the pain button its been soo good to me!

so they make u take ur nose ring out?

Funny thing is no one really got on me about my Protein or Water intake while I was in the hospital. It's like as long as they knew I was trying my best.

@@Naynay31 yeah any metals in your body. They use a zapper to seal things and if it touches metal you can get shocked, even though the nose ring is so far up they just use caution.

@@layknee at my hospital they kept bugging me about my fluids, and trying to bribe me telling me if I do this I can go home. I finally got mad and told them if they are going to discharge me based on my liquids then please leave because I can't get it down yet and your bribes are getting annoying and I feel like you're kicking me out and I'm not ready. The doctor was so annoying and I felt like I was going to explode. At my hosital they didn't do a drip test or anything. I just couldn't drink anything for 24 hours after surgery, then it was the 1oz every hour for 4 hours, then 2oz every hour for 2 hours, then 3oz every hour for 3 hours, then when you could do 4, it was time to be discharged. I couldn't drink Protein either. My GENEPRO arrived as I was walking in from the hospital so I got some in today, I made a shake and then mixed genepro with diet snapple. I really feel so full, but I can drink Water very fast.

I'm barely getting in 20 oz of Water but the doc said that the rest of what I'm drinking also counts toward the 60oz. post-234841-14135186077398_thumb.jpgthis is good for those who want coffee taste with no guilt. And it's 11g of Protein. But it's 150 cal. And the sugar is whewww. But it nice still.

Edited by layknee

Regarding the barium leak test post surgery. Not all doctors do it. Not sure why exactly. Some say they are checking for leaks, others that statistics show they have not detected/predicted a leak reliably. Some see it as due diligence others as the test is always negative and if you are going to get a leak it's likely later on at home. Following the food and drink protocol is the crucial thing. But then it doesn't account for human error and doctors are human. But several doctors say it's a waste of time.