Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

I am upset they didn't weigh me before surgery but I am 285 now so I lost the surgery fluids I think. They won't let me shower either, so I just washed with a rag, and I am free ballin with no panties lmao.

Seriously the best thing about coming home with a drain? I have not worn a bra in a week. Yeah. The girls are free and breezy.

1 day left and I get to eat something other than soup! Yay! Down 11 lbs as of this morn. My friend came to visit yesterday. She told me lots of info, ways to eat soft foods. How she messed up sometimes. It was nice to hear, she has successfully kept off 200+lbs for 5 years now.

1 day left and I get to eat something other than soup! Yay! Down 11 lbs as of this morn. My friend came to visit yesterday. She told me lots of info, ways to eat soft foods. How she messed up sometimes. It was nice to hear, she has successfully kept off 200+lbs for 5 years now.

Would love to hear some of what you learned. :)

Today Oct 15, surgeries are:

@@Melora,

maybe @@OnePhatWhoDat and @jasminebsn. (Those dates are not updated in the "upcoming surgeries" thread and I have not heard from them in a while but at one point they stated they were having surgery today.)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good luck Gladiators your new you awaits

I am waiting in the waiting room to go back for surgery prep. They are running behind by at least an hour. SO frustrating.

Having my pre-op lesson right now. Well, I should say just had it, now waiting for some labs to be done. OMG! I have to also do the bowel prep! And my drain will be in for 7 days. Catheter for 24 hours. And I have to be at the hospital at 4:45 am. oh my..

Hahaha!! I am laughing so hard! New name- We're gonna have to rename you freeballin instead of bronxmerci!

And since we're on the subject, did you have to have a catheter too? And if so, are you sore? Like does it hurt to go after one?

to me it didn't hurt going to the bathroom the first time after the catheter. I didn't go immediately they said I had six hours to go or they would put the catheter back in, so I went.

Right now I just want to pass gas, I want to get this barium out of me.

Edited by layknee

Would love to hear some of what you learned. :)

Well, it's weird she said that I will really start losing once I'm able to eat more food. She said that she can eat pretty much anything she wants, she doesn't dump but still stays away from super sugary things, like frosting off of cake, super sugary teas, Kool-aid, and she waters down her juices. She stays on program for the most part, she doesn't eat regular bread but crackers and flat bread. She got sick off of Chinese food paired with drinking Water right after. She still has restriction this far out, in spaghetti she used to eat a bunch of noodles and 5 meat balls, now she eats half a cup of noodles and 2 meat balls. Soft foods go down easier for her and she can eat more than a cup of that (just an fyi). This far out her life is pretty much like everyone else's in terms of food, just has built in Portion Control that we all don't have now. She has had only 1 stuck episode that was with taco salad too soon, she has since been able to eat it okay.

@@layknee I didn't get a catheder, I love those things!! When I had my son, I had one and it made the flow so strong! I'm still struggling to get my fluids down. They won't discharge me until I can drink 4 oz, and I can only drink one or 2 at this point. I have a headache and I've been wlaking around, my boobs and vag are still living free.

@@layknee I didn't get a catheder, I love those things!! When I had my son, I had one and it made the flow so strong! I'm still struggling to get my fluids down. They won't discharge me until I can drink 4 oz, and I can only drink one or 2 at this point. I have a headache and I've been wlaking around, my boobs and vag are still living free.

@@Bronxmerci I brought panties and a sports bra and pajamas. I always over prepare I think. They don't seem to care how much I drink or pass gas. Just want my pain controlled without the PCA since yesterday. Taking liquid Norco.

Hi everyone!

Just came back from doctor's office and have a October 28th surgery date for Gastric Bypass. This is it, the high diving platform. Knees are trembling.

Anyone else in October? Let's keep in touch as we support each other. We have the pre-op diet and getting mentally ready for this.

LET'S DO IT!

Congratulations. So excited for you and I've got my date for October 22nd. I'm preparing and counting down.

@@layknee it seems like they just want me out of here, they keep saying you can go home if you do this, or that, I'm like welp I can't, and I'm trying so I guess I'm not going home. The doctor told me to keep my bra off, and I had panties but I think my mom took them off me or the docs. They want me to go off the pca, and start drinking pills but its not looking very promising right now. I've been full since last night.

I'm on October 22 also-seven days

I'm on October 22 also-seven days

I'm scheduled for 7:30am and I have to be at the hosp by 5:30am.

Auri--Remind me, did you have the revision done? From Band to Bypass? I know someone on here did...

You are correct Amylynns. I did have the revision.