Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

u telling me. I try as soon as I wake in the morning but 64oz plus eating is a lot. Bummer.

That is my big struggle too, I am barely drinking 32oz of Water, plus the liquid in my shake.< /p>

Hey sleevers, Miralax is not working for me so my doctors office now suggests Metamucil... Is anyone using this and is it working for you?

I've been adding Benifiber to my morning and evening tea, that has been keeping me moving for now. It dissolves completely with no taste or odor (smells get me since surgery).

I've been on stool softeners and benefiber for a few weeks now. I even have to use suppositories about once a week to help with the issue. I can't complain though because my surgeons office told me in the beggining that if I had the procedure that I would have issues with the bathroom. He said it will probably take about 6 months after surgery before things get back to "normal". A lot of that stems from the NUT's diet and not being allowed to have lettuce and Fiber dense foods until 10 weeks out.<br />All the talk about "water, Water, water" intake being the thing that is going to keep things moving easily (in my experience) doesn't help at all (for some of us). I get in my 2 Protein Shakes a day (22oz's) and have gone as high as 99 onces of water (3 - 33 fl oz bottles) in one day and the only thing that got better was me being in the bathroom peeing every couple of hours (and being hungry constantly because the food was leaving my stomach too quickly because of all the water!)<br /><br />I think everybody's body is different though and some of the tricks that work well on some will not work on others. Like I know if I drink a certain drink, two hours later I will have extreme diarrhea and I will use it if I get to a point where I am bloating and it has been a few days, but the drink only affects me and a few others that don't have appendix's or gallbladders (not having either). People with both won't have the same reaction.<br /><br />But my doc approves of Maalox, Metamucil, Benefiber, Dulcolax stool softeners, and suppositories if they are needed. If it gets bad enough, he even recommends enema's. Just make sure you do not get impacted. I've read horror stories on a few sites about what some went through when they became impacted and had to seek medical intervention!<br /><br />I hope things get better soon!

AVACADO! 10 grams of fiber in 1 cup! One of the most nutrient-dense foods, avocados are high in fiber and, ounce for ounce, top the charts among all fruits for folate. potassium, Vitamin E, and magnesium.

Half a California avocado has a really excellent overall nutrient profile. At 145 calories it contains approximately 2 grams of Protein, 6 grams of fiber, and 13 grams of fat, most of which (8.5 grams) is monounsaturated fat.

I'm sorry that so many people are having Constipation issues that was one of my fears prior to the procedure as I dealt with the issue during my pregnancy. I am happy to report that I am very regular in the bathroom department I have a BM every other day. Good luck to you all with that.

Motherof5 checking in. Feeling awesome and still learning this sleeve. Still a struggle trying to rotate between eating and drinking but it's getting better. I am noticing a difference in my body and can not wait until weigh in on the 20th. Still taking these darn BP pills too.

Oh, I am too lazy to exercise but I did get on the bike today though.

Later losers!

So I saw surgeon on Friday. I'm down 38lbs since 8/25 surgery... And I hate Protein drinks.. So I bought this cereal(kashi go lean crunch) and I'm telling you combined with unsweetened almond milk I'm loving it.. Serving size is 2/3 cup and I can tolerate half of that and I'm full...

So I saw surgeon on Friday. I'm down 38lbs since 8/25 surgery... And I hate Protein drinks.. So I bought this cereal(kashi go lean crunch) and I'm telling you combined with unsweetened almond milk I'm loving it.. Serving size is 2/3 cup and I can tolerate half of that and I'm full...

Could I ask how much protein you get from the Cereal and milk? I am trying to find some different things. I was sleeved the same day as you, I still drink the Protein Drinks to be sure I get enough protein because I cannot eat enough food to get all my protein in. I don't mind them too much. I mix Unjury

vanilla, GENEPRO, fat free milk and sugar free banana cream pudding mix and ice and I get 59 grams of protein before 7 am makes the rest of my day less stressful worrying about getting in my protein.

Edited by Thinkingthinner1109

Wow ur mixture sounds awesome... I've been doing blended veggie drinks for protein....the cereal has 9g Protein 8g fiber 500mg ALA Omega

Congrats to all who is losing weight. This tool is awesome. But I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but I am losing weight and I am glad plus it's noticeable.... But every time I look in the mirror I look the same, I c the same fat girl. Is that mental? Is that cause to c a psychologist?

Hi Karen... You may not need a psychologist but it couldn't hurt. They could give you some additional tools. Our sleeves help with the physical aspect, so if you do decide to talk to someone it will add to what you already have.

Karen Scott

I just saw my surgeon... And I told him that I haven't been getting on the scale because I didn't want to worry and stress about my weight.. He told me that was great because it's too much with all my restrictions... Then he also said to listen to what people say around me and embrace all the positive energy.. He said if I wanted to weigh myself do it twice a month.. Hope this helps you.. Good luck on your journey