Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

@@motherof5 I think for the flax seeds you should get the powdered one. Taking the seeds are difficult to digest versus the chia seeds. My advice is to check with your NUT first.

This my pic back in June b4 I decide to do surgery. Then August came and I got the approval. Glad that I did. Weight loss is slow but glad I did it. [

attachment=48421:ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1412557343.305798.jpg]

post-199924-14125573440392_thumb.jpg

My bp is good. It concerns me but when the Dr doesnt act concerned what else can I do?

Quick Question

I had a weird experience with cake. I made Better than Sex Cake for work. People love it. I had some left over and took it home. I ate it the next day, a couple bites. I got dizzy and couldn't stand. I laid down and fell asleep for more than an hour. What the hell was that? I woke up with a headache. Was that literally a sugar coma or dumping syndrome? Needless to say, I got rid of the cake.

Otherwise, I am doing good. HW 282 SW 274 CW 246.

Can anyone tell me what would be good to mix with and get the taste out of the whey Liquid Protein (42g)? The taste is getting on my nerves. I, for whatever reason, can't abide Protein Drinks right now. I do like Mootopia. That is yummy. The vanilla especially.

Motherof5 trust me when I say I read every label of everything that I've been consuming lately.. The 28g of sugar is per serving and the sugars come from the fruits.. And seeing as how I just took a couple sips I did OK.. I belong to other blogs and people are drinking wine and eating pork belly at this stage.. And me I'm just tryna get back regular lol.. I make homemade smoothies all the time.. I just posted this picture of this drink because it really did help me... Not an every day thing for sure.. I do however appreciate your advice.. And please know that I'm not trying to mess myself up I've worked and I continue to work on a daily harder than I ever had to in my life to obtain all the benefits from my sleeve...

@@mskiesha29, I think you are doing great. I also belong to other groups here and you are correct on people consuming wine. One blogger consumed 2 glasses of wine at a sitting! I use myfitnesspal and it tracks sugar etc. You can set a goal of how much carbs, sugar, fat etc. I set my goal for 50% Protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat. MFP then calculates what your daily sugar, sodium etc should be. Good luck!

GalaxyGirl yesss...it amazes me some people are even eating salads and my doctor said no.. A girlfriend of mine had the rny 10 years ago and she said at this stage she couldn't even eat beef.. I tolerate meat very well but it has to melt in my mouth which is how I cook it anyway... I can't do rice or Pasta or many starchy thing I've decided to stay away from bread completely maybe just do grain wraps. But I'm still learning I wanna try making lettuce wraps as soon as my surgeon gives it a go.. In definitely gonna get myfitnesspay thank again for your support.. You rock!!!

This my pic back in June b4 I decide to do surgery. Then August came and I got the approval. Glad that I did. Weight loss is slow but glad I did it. [

attachment=48421:ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1412557343.305798.jpg]

Good job Karen!

Mini rant: Ok, I know we have stalls, but this has me in a funk (which came first, the funk or the stall? lol) I know better than to let it bother me, but it's not making a difference.

I know that I have to lose weight on 800 cal or less a day. I know that bouncing up two or three lbs. is normal. But the last two weeks is just making me a tad nuts :blink:

12-15 lbs in almost 8 weeks, and that loss was in the first 5 or 6 weeks.

I feared I'd be a slow loser, and I think that's what I'm finding out.

I have my support group tonight. I need it.

Ok, that's it. Carry on. :rolleyes:

YAYYYYY August sleevers!!!!!!! we have made it to OCTOBER!!!!!!! I had some ups and downs in the beginning and still learning to slow down, but I can say I have never been happier! I love the newly appearing old me :P

YAYYYYY August sleevers!!!!!!! we have made it to OCTOBER!!!!!!! I had some ups and downs in the beginning and still learning to slow down, but I can say I have never been happier! I love the newly appearing old me :P

Had a bad day today. I just ate what ever I wanted. I never felt satisfied. I ate a little piece of brownie, then a piece of a cookie, then a piece of lasagna and thought I was doing well by not eating the noodles. I just am disappointed with myself and don't wanna fall off my game when I've been doing well until now. I told myself I'll start new tomorrow, but remember this "start tomorrow" mentality before my sleeve. I think I've stretched my pouch already... Depressed... :(

Don't beat yourself up over this, today is another day. I've had these days and my NUT advised to look at my day and try to figure out what may have triggered it, in my case it was a day where I had not been drinking my Water and thirst can make you think your hungry. She also said not getting enough Protein or too many carbs (sugar) will do it too.

And as far as reverting back to "pre-sleeve" mentality, remember it was only a piece of cookie not two or three, and piece of brownie not a whole one. None of us got here eating a bite of this or a piece of that.