Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

My hair started falling out about 7 weeks. It is coming out in handfuls. I get tons of Protein, take my Vitamins but still losing hair. It hasn't grown and my nails aren't growing either but trying not to panic...yet. I will take it if I keep losing weight.

I know our bodies veneer to adjust...how much is your average protean. ..I average 80 to 90 grams per day...we're are all different....I just had a few strands come out....preparing myself

Hi all I down over 62 pounds and feeling healthier. I still have a long way to go before I reach my goal but at least I am almost at the half point. I love being sleeved.

@@old_rn I read on another forum that people lose hair even when they get in the required Protein, Vitamins etc. From other forums, it appears everyone's hair and body is different. I have had my hair in braids since the beginning of August. I figured if I am not combing the hair, less chances of Hair loss. I only comb it when I take the braids out. So far so good. Good luck!

@@LadyK44, I love being sleeved too! Congrats and wish you all the best :)

@@mskiesha29, have you tried unflavored Protein with milk? I use Nature's best Isopure unflavored Protein powder. I order it from Amazon. I get more of my Protein from foods. 2oz of canned tuna and salmon have about 13g of protein. I take in about 80 - 90 grams of protein a day and 35 is from the Protein Powder and 1% milk.

@@thelion99, I use myfitnesspal to track my calories. Even though I set my calorie to 1000, I get in between 800 - 850 a day. I try to eat more but then I get so full. I drink between 64oz - 72oz of fluids on most days.

What is this "slime" you guys have talked about?

I only had it happen once. I ate beanito chips (chips made out of beans). Mistake. I threw up a white slime. I don't know why it was white, but it was gross and acidic. I ate too fast, which I find that I have that issue. I have to be careful and mindful of how fast I eat. It's just a lifelong habit, which is hard to break.

I hope everyone is doing great. I can't complain on my end. My co-workers noticed my weight loss at work today. I am losing slow. I do the ellipticals 5x a week. I have increased the intensity of the workout. I am thinking of joining a gym. Anyone started a gym yet?

I hope everyone is doing great. I can't complain on my end. My co-workers noticed my weight loss at work today. I am losing slow. I do the ellipticals 5x a week. I have increased the intensity of the workout. I am thinking of joining a gym. Anyone started a gym yet? [/quote

That is great! Always makes you feel good when someone notices. I have been at the gym since about a week post op at first just walking the track now I have my routine there. It's great. My surgeon actually said I wasn't eating enough to sustain my workout and said to work out every other day and get used to a routine that I can use to maintain because realistically no one is ever going to go to the gym 2 hours a day seven days a week. So I work out every other day and still losing.

I'm doing good too. The pounds are coming off very slowly, but I have not ramped up my exercise quotient. I'm one of those goofballs who got a gym membership last year thinking it would reform my life, then never used it past my orientation. I just couldn't bring myself to go when I felt so dumpy and clumsy. Silly, right?! I wasn't motivated to do the one thing that could have helped me a bit. It's so close to my house too.

Now that I'm feeling less big, I should really start going.

*Have a good tip that I got from another sleeve friend here in the Twin Cities. Wear Spanx-style undergarments to help with keeping skin a little tighter. Once loose skin starts hanging, gravity will just keep working to pull it down. Compression undergarments really help, especially the ones meant for upper arms.

Just thought I'd share that. I have mine on order now.

I hope everyone is doing great. I can't complain on my end. My co-workers noticed my weight loss at work today. I am losing slow. I do the ellipticals 5x a week. I have increased the intensity of the workout. I am thinking of joining a gym. Anyone started a gym yet?

I'm doing good too. The pounds are coming off very slowly, but I have not ramped up my exercise quotient. I'm one of those goofballs who got a gym membership last year thinking it would reform my life, then never used it past my orientation. I just couldn't bring myself to go when I felt so dumpy and clumsy. Silly, right?! I wasn't motivated to do the one thing that could have helped me a bit. It's so close to my house too.

Now that I'm feeling less big, I should really start going.

*Have a good tip that I got from another sleeve friend here in the Twin Cities. Wear Spanx-style undergarments to help with keeping skin a little tighter. Once loose skin starts hanging, gravity will just keep working to pull it down. Compression undergarments really help, especially the ones meant for upper arms.

Just thought I'd share that. I have mine on order now.

thanks for sharing i usually wear tbe spandex and notice how it helps