Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

It seems like it's all nothing until it's something - it's been notoriously silent from all my friends/family, and I've been using the fact that I'm fitting into clothes that haven't fit me in at least 5 years as an indicator that I'm still doing ok.

Then today, I see someone I haven't seen in a couple months wandering the hallways and:

"At the risk of getting into trouble, have you lost weight?" and I'm like "YES OH MY GOD THANK YOU!"

And then three more compliments in the next ten minutes. I could get used to this :)

I feel like I'm plateauing every ten pound or so, but I'm ok with being down about 50 lbs in 2 months, so I'll just keep sticking to high Protein and low carbs (it makes me feel better anyway). I've noticed that the healthier the thing I'm eating, the happier and better I feel, which I think is a beneficial side effect.

I have been lifting weights, mostly, because I'm not too stressed out about the cardio (I feel like as of right now I don't need the extra calorie burn), and I'm also noticing a difference there. First time I lifted, I thought I was going to faint, but I'm getting stronger and more capable every day. I feel amazing, and am so so happy I did this. I feel like I rescued myself from a terrible fate.

I'm still alive. Weight loss has been slower than I wanted, but I'm getting there. I'm trying to talk myself into getting a personal trainer and/or joining a gym by the end of the year. If nothing else, I feel a lot better than I did before surgery. :)

@@mbrinmn great advice! Where are you ordering your undergarments from and what brand? Thanks!

@@jelmore8312000 you don't have to go to the gym to build muscles. You can buy dumbbells and use at home. Try climbing the stairs etc. I am sure if you google, you can find some workouts to do at home to build muscle. Good luck!

It looks like most people are losing the weight slowly. I think that is the best way to go. Less excess skin. Personally, I do not want to go under the knife for cosmetic reasons, so if that means losing slow and the skin firms back into place, I am all for it. Good luck everyone!

Why is it so hard to get rid of clothes that are too big? I've been pulling out clothes that fit now and trying to get rid of the ones that are too big and it is hard.

Why is it so hard to get rid of clothes that are too big? I've been pulling out clothes that fit now and trying to get rid of the ones that are too big and it is hard.

its a bitter sweet situation for me too but the big clothes just has to go

@@GenaH, I got rid of 2 bags of clothes this weekend and it felt good. I feel good about how I look and my confidence has increased. You will look and feel more beautiful in clothes that fit. I am loving the new me. Bye, bye to the clothes and the old me. Lol!

so I went for my 2 months post op blood test a couple weeks ago - and went in for the results yesterday... I found out a LOT about myself... but I also found out that even tho I am taking my suggested Vitamins - suggested by my surgeon - I am STILL deficient in Vitamin D, B12 and Omega 3's. So I have MORE vitamins to take now! I also found out that I am allergic to wheat, shrimp and peanuts - that I did NOT know. I also found out that my body doesnt break down folic acid - so I have to take folate. This blood test was amazing - they took 15 vials of blood out of me - but I learned about my susceptibility to cancers, my deficiencies and regular blood test stuff. Very cool. Except now I have like 12 suppliments and pills to take every day... :(

I haven't had any post op blood test! I probably need one though I feel so sluggish at times and then at other times I literally can walk for miles and do. Smh I feel like I'm going bipolar in real life. I'm still alive I had a stall about 2weeks then dropped 6 pounds. Sleeved on 8/18. Highest weight 330/ SW 313/ CW 274 . I thought I would've lost more by now ! Anybody else feel the same? ????

@@GenaH, I got rid of 2 bags of clothes this weekend and it felt good. I feel good about how I look and my confidence has increased. You will look and feel more beautiful in clothes that fit. I am loving the new me. Bye, bye to the clothes and the old me. Lol!

Have you tired PoshMark I've been selling my old clothes there

I was sleeved 8/24. HW/364, SW/344, CW/313. Being two months out I thought I would have dropped more than 31 lbs since surgery :(

I was sleeved 8/13/14. Hw 301 sw 270 cw 229! Now I need a complete hysterectomy due to my PCOS and fibroids. *sigh*

Don't feel bad. So far I only lost 30 pounds.I feel great! We are still in the beginning stages and 30pounds less is awesome. As long as you are sticking to lean Proteins first,drinking your fluids,and some moving uou will continue t lose. But I am sure you guys have some NSVs. And I am sure have some inches off too.