Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

@@FLGrammy Well, I should have said, I ate a piece of brownie and when I felt clear to eat again I ate more pieces... But nonetheless today is a new day and I'm getting it together. I thank God for this forum and the encouragement.

We will all have our "moments" ...thus is a life changing process....sometimes change is not easy...however if we recognize and correct what has happened. ..we can make our way towards success. ....today I went to a conference and lunch was Pasta salad....potato salad...raw veggies ....huge sandwiches and of course apple crumble????...I forgot to bring my protean supplement so ate the tuna salad out of a sandwich and had 4 crackers....NOT EASY...when I got home home I was starving and miserable. ... (was a 3 hour drive each way) we all have challenges. ..we need to support each other and get through them...ohhhh plus they had and ice cream break...I felt awkward not eating any of this....but I know my goal and my WEAKNESS! !! It will get better...we will all look amazing and have better health ????????????

Edited by brinasl

Hi all! Was sleeved Aug 27. I have lost about 25 pounds since for a total of about 68 pounds!!...I need to step up my game though because weight loss is slowing :blink: I love that this thread is here. You all are very encouraging!! It's nice to see people posting real struggles and being honest. Thank you!!

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2

Edited by amandall27

Had my 6wk check in today, down thirty since sleeve for a total of 40 since the start of this journey. All bloodwork and Vitamin levels were good. Will follow-up with Dr in November reference the diverticulitis and colon resection, he will do it for me as long as it can be laparoscopic, fingers crossed I don't have another attack before then.

Also got the all clear to add some weights and abs to my workout, looking forward to some sit ups lol.

SOOOO I've only lost one pound in 3 weeks now and my clothes are still fitting the way they always were. I am following all of the NUTs and the Drs guidelines and exercising and taking my meds and still nothing is moving.

I am severely craving sweets and can't have them (I think I told you all that they discovered during surgery that I am allergic to corn and all corn by-products) and everything and I do mean everything that I see that is sweet has some form of corn in it!

I am getting pretty sick of nothing but Protein (even though I still LOVE the Premiere Protein Shakes). Doc says no to carbs except Beans and vegi's. I'm only allowed to have fresh apples and fresh peaches at this point still (7 weeks out) he won't even let me have grapes because they are still too sweet for me!

I was actually appalled when I picked up a box of Pasta at the store for my son when I read the ingredients list to discover that there is CORN in pasta too! Not to mention most toothpaste's, yogurt, prepackaged Desserts, cakes, pies, bread, salad dressings, Starbucks coffee flavoring, flavored coffee creams, Peanut Butter, vegitable oil, and even makeup have some form of corn in them! The list is exhaustive!

SO I have been poisoning myself for years without knowing it! The NUT says I am going to have to be on a "caveman eating plan" for the rest of my life if I don't want to poison myself with corn products ever again. Which basically means meats / seafood without sauces except pure butter (no margarine because it is corn based), fresh cooked vegitables, and fresh fruits.

I'm begining to wonder with all these restrictions to my diet why I'm not losing weight? I'm trying to keep my spirits up but it is becoming more difficult by the day.

Ok.... rant over LOL!

I am SO happy to see that other August sleevers are having such great success though!

@@ruskatie, I feel for you!

I have to avoid gluten, and that can really be tough. I had no idea corn was so prevalent! :o It may sound silly, but have you looked for an on-line support group or forum for folks with the same allergy? There are such resources for GF and lots of info is shared...just a thought...could help you find alternatives.

Like you, I've stopped losing. My surgery was 8/14, and it's been about 2 weeks since more has come off. Maybe it's just more adjustments that our body is making.

Keep the faith, and stick with it. And good luck with your new diet restriction. On the plus side, you should feel better eliminating the allergen from your diet.

@@amazon I actually found a group called cornfreecommunity.com that gave me great tips on which toothpaste is corn free (pretty much only ones you get from the dental office) and a great list of makeup companies that have corn free products (life saver for the makeup queen here LOL!)

You are right about the feeling better without the corn though. I used to wonder why my stomach was cramping and bloating constantly (every day) and why I kept getting acne even in my 30's and 40's! Since I have stopped using all corn products I haven't had any bloating issues (except for the surgery bloat) and my acne has completely gone (even during that time of the month!)

I'm doing my best to keep the faith and plug on, it just gets rough. I love reading all the success stories here but I want my story to start showing success as well! I know I have already lost a good amount of weight and my body is just trying to figure out what the heck is going on but depression will sneak up on me when I least expect it to.

I hope your stall breaks soon! (And mine) so that we can Celebrate soon!

Ruskatie, I don't know where you live but is there a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods or even a grocery store that carries organic foods nearby. Corn in Peanut Butter? ?? Make your own or find a store that has the grinder and just dump in the peanuts and Voila! Nothing but peanut peanut butter! Of course we shouldn't be eating the prepackaged desserts, cakes, pies, bread, salad dressings, Starbucks coffee flavoring, flavored coffee creams, anyway! LOL!

I'm stalled out, I think. I got sleeved on August 28th, and I'm down about 40 pounds give or take a few, but I am just so annoyed at this stupid like, nothing nothing nothing, boom 5 pounds down pattern that's going on.

I know I ought to step away from the scale, and I know that I've got to keep losing weight - I'm not really tracking things too closely, but I'd say I'm generally getting about 800 kcal a day.

Cleared by doc to lift weights and go running, and it's the exercise that makes me really feel those fewer calories - leg day at the gym yesterday (for the first time since surgery) and I felt as weak as a lamb. Had to take longer breaks in between sets, and have lost so much strength in just a month and a half.

I also have this pervasive fear even though I'm down officially one pants size, that I'm going to step on the scale and it's going to be like "ha ha, joke's on you" and I'll be back to my original size. Or that I'll just stop losing weight, and I'll be stuck at 227 for the rest of my life, like some sort of weight-loss Jackee.

Also, and this is SO petty, I feel embarrassed about even talking about it, but I'm really annoyed that nobody has noticed the weight loss, or said anything. I feel like I can tell the difference but I also had a lot of days where I felt like I looked good at 270, so I've learned that I can't trust my own self-perception. ;) NOTICE THAT I'M LOSING WEIGHT, WORLD!

Trust me ...they will notice ...was sleeved Aug 29...lost 42 pounds. ...now I'm on a stall as well....so we seem to be right on schedule. .lol ????

@@Miaoreo YES corn byproducts in peanut butter! High Fructose Corn Syrup, acerbic acid and a few other names that corn products go by. If you can afford the non GMO peanut butters than you are safe. But the label should only read peanuts, sugar, salt. Anything else and a corn product is likly in it! I stick with homemade almond butter (farmers market) and applebutter from the farmers market as well. I can't wait until I can have both! No Trader Joes or Whole Markets anywhere near me but they would be nice! I know of a Trader Joes two states away when I want to take a road trip LOL!<br /><br />I am having a tough time surviving without my Starbucks coffee right now LOL! Even the decalf sugar free upsets my pouch. Ugh!<br /><br />@@JustSomeGirl I am down 40 lbs as well and the only people who have noticed are the ones that know about my surgery. Everyone else just completely ignores it. I think until it is a dramatic change (say size 18 to size 4)and it is kept off for several months that no one is going to say a darn thing. It does make you feel invisible though. I'm waiting for the day when I am down to my goal weight and someone who has ignored the weight loss the entire time turns and says "You look great! You have lost a lot of weight" because my reply will be "Thanks for noticing Captain OBLIVIOUS" LMAO!

Hey August Sleevers,

I had my surgery on the 12th of August so pretty much 2 months now. I'm down 34lbs from my highest weight.

This is really horrible and I'm ashamed but I have fallen back into old eating habits already. I thought I was ready for this surgery emotionally but I was not. I am working on my food addiction and changing eating habits (starting anti-inflammatory diet.) I have major health issues which are not weight related that I deal with on a daily basis.

My worry now is that I have caused a leak from eating bad stuff and over eating sometimes. I'm so scared but don't have any symptoms right now. Should I call my surgeon and ask for tests????? Oh I also have had crazy acid reflux since surgery which I did not have before. I really don't know what to do, I feel like such a failure!!!!!

Metamucil didn't work for me.. A share with green veggies did the trick