Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

I weighed in at the gym this morning and it ready 239lbs!!!! The 270's, 260's, 250's, and 240's are gone for good. Now I can officially say that "I'VE LOST 40 POUNDS!!!" Instead of "almost" 40lbs! :)

Tammy,

Congrats on the 40! Our stats our similar - you're probably 1/2 an inch or 1 inch taller than me, but other than that we have the same highest weight and the same pre-surgery weight. I got my first fill on April 16th, which caused virtually no restriction, and my second fill this past Saturday, which seems to have done the trick. Currently my weight hovers around 237 - 239, the lowest it's been (my scale saves my weight) is 234.2 - that was a good day.

I don't go to the gym or walk or do any other exercise nearly as often as I should. It makes me so angry at myself. I lay the blame on my busy schedule as I own my own business, but I'm just putting it off as always. I've gone to the gym two whole days in a row though, so go me. I HAVE to do better - I simply must.

I've learnt not to plan on loosing so many pounds by a certain date. I was hoping to loose 10 additional pounds from my first fill till this weekend and only lost 5. I've been eating everything right but will admit not much exercise because of lack of time. I'm also getting hungry especially in the evenings. I think we're both due for a fill. I have 1.5cc in my 4 cc band. I can't say I've really had any great restriction that I can tell. the doc said it will take at least 3 fills but I read here that many have restriction after the first. My second is scheduled for May 29.

I don't know what to do:help:

I was worried 2 weeks ago because my weight was going up and down a couple of pounds and I seemed to be eating more, so I scheduled a fill appt. Over the weekend I seemed to feel quite a bit of restriction and went down another pound, so canceled my appt. Now the last 2 nights I've been really hungry in the evening and ate way too much. :)

My band has 1 cc now & it's the 4cc/smallest band. I'm close to 1/2 way to my goal. I do not want to be too restricted where I can't eat healthy foods. I'm worried that more fills = more possiblity of complications with the band. I really want to lose 13 lbs by mid August. I don't like that I'm doing that thing with my eating again....overeating - then feeling bad and strict dieting again. I'm just concerned it's getting out of control again. Maybe a fill IS what I need. What do you guys think?

Congrats on the "40" TammyJ and Denise!

Sophie, I know what you mean! I am deathly afraid of being too tight! From what I understand, you haven't had much restriction the last 2 weeks except this past weekend which means it's probably something other than your fill amount that caused the sudden restriction. Stress, exercise, TOM, drinking too much alcohol (at least for me it did) can cause you to feel too tight. If you feel that most days you are eating more than you should then it maybe time for another fill. 13lbs by mid August is very attainable...I'll be rooting for ya!!! :cheer2:

Tammy,

Congrats on the 40! Our stats our similar - you're probably 1/2 an inch or 1 inch taller than me, but other than that we have the same highest weight and the same pre-surgery weight. I got my first fill on April 16th, which caused virtually no restriction, and my second fill this past Saturday, which seems to have done the trick. Currently my weight hovers around 237 - 239, the lowest it's been (my scale saves my weight) is 234.2 - that was a good day.

I don't go to the gym or walk or do any other exercise nearly as often as I should. It makes me so angry at myself. I lay the blame on my busy schedule as I own my own business, but I'm just putting it off as always. I've gone to the gym two whole days in a row though, so go me. I HAVE to do better - I simply must.

Laralynn!!!!!! It's good hearing from you! You are doing AWESOME!!! Congrats on the weight loss! Now, that you have good restriction and going to the gym I'll be eating your dust and trying to play catch up soon. :)

ThickChick?????

Hey what's going on? How are you feeling?

Your Marchie pals want to know.

J

Yenken,

you need to open a free account with someone like photobucket.com

Put your pictures there, and they give it a http address. You then cut and paste that into your posting. You can use the insert picture icon above. (mountains)

HTH

J

Medge - The fill is disconcerting isn't it? Hopefully you will get good restriction out of it.

Sophie - I am tight in the morning and loose in the evening too. I have decided to stay with this fill because I can still eat everything healthy.

Tammyj - congrats on the 40 lbs!!

I rocked at the gym today - 45 mins on the elliptical and a quick 20 minutes on the treadmill. But I find I have to waterload before working out because exercise makes me TIGHT!!

Hey Hazel - Yes, the fill was interesting. I kind of expected more restriction but then remember I'm only on liquids so there's not much to "restrict"...hehe. I thought I'd at least be tight this morning though and nope...nothing.

So...just a side note and I'm gonna call it a NSV...hehe...sex with hubby is so much better without my big lower belly getting in the way. :-D He's lost his belly too since he's going to the gym with me...hehe. He'd absolutely die if he knew I was telling bedroom stories to ya'll. HAZELBUNNY...make sure you don't say anything if/when you meet him on Saturday. :-P

HAZELBUNNY...make sure you don't say anything if/when you meet him on Saturday. :-P

Hmmmmm......what is it worth to you?? I can't wait till Saturday. I have noticed the difference too. Man oh man the other day I thought my head was going to explode - well at least until my little angel walked in and said "What are you doing to Mommy Daddy?"

Today was weigh in. SHOCKER! Four more pounds down, and if that wasn't enough, two inches off my waist and SIX inches off my hips! Imagine that. Usually the butt is the last to go. LOL.

I've been doing most of my walking and major working out in the evenings when it is cooler.

My friends Dave and Andy told me this morning I am starting to "look hot." ROFL! They never fail to amuse me.

Hi everybody.

I haven't posted in a while, don't know where the days go? Had my second fill yeaterday, can feel great restriction today. Hope this stays, it finally feels like its doing something in there. Must remember to chew, chew, chew.... I am so bad at multitasking while I eat. I had no idea, but the band sure has a way of reminding you.

Congrats TammyJ on losing the 40 Big Ones!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biking?????? I wonder if its true you never forget how to??? I am going to give that a try tomorrow. I am sure I won't be doing 18 miles WOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you!!!!!!!!! wish me luck....I better find a bike helmut.

<p><p>Hehe...I did that to my parents once too Hazel...:-) Ask my Mom at church one day, I'm sure she'd love to tell that story :-P

I'VE BEEN EXTRA AGGRAVATED FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS NOT SURE WHY BUT I HAVE....confused.gif

I WENT TO SEE MY GYNO FOR REGULAR CHECK UP!!

SHE DIDNT KNOW WHO I WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT ON THE scale AND IT READ 245......grin.gif JUST LAST WEDNESDAY I WAS 248!!!

MY TOTAL LOSS IS 29 POUNDS IN 11 WEEKS!!!wink.gif

I'M VERY PROUD OF ME!! silly.gif THAT IS 29 POUNDS I WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!