Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

Hey MARCHIES !!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Nikki: Thanks. I was very surprised at my little brother. I love him so..LOL

Oh Juli & Thickchick: Ya'll crack me up!!!:D :biggrin1:

:update: I am really enjoying my workouts. I'm doing yoga and absolutely loving it. I also take a Salsa Rhythms class. AYE CARUMBA!!!!!:)

QUESTION? I go for my first fill tomorrow. Will I be too sore to workout in the evening?

:wave: HEY BANDSTAR, It's good to hear from you and it's good to hear you are doing better. My scale at home is screwy too so I refuse to get on it. I only weigh-in at the hospital and at the gym. I think your restriction is pretty good for now. If you go any tighter you may have trouble getting food down morning, noon and night. So, like Sopie said I think you should wait awhile.

Mrs. Husker, I'm sorry to hear about your port, but at least it's still accessible. I think that's what really matters.

Denise, the foaming at the mouth doesn't sound good. I was too tight after my second fill, but I never got to the point of foaming at the mouth. I decided to have some taken out because I was having trouble getting my Water in and didn't want to get dehydrated. Are you feeling any better today?

Karen, or should I say Superwoman!!! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You have so much going on and it seems overwhelming, but it sounds like you are handling it well and still able to follow the rules and stick to your goals. I commend you for that! :clap2:

Hey MARCHIES !!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Nikki: Thanks. I was very surprised at my little brother. I love him so..LOL

Oh Juli & Thickchick: Ya'll crack me up!!!:D :biggrin1:

:update: I am really enjoying my workouts. I'm doing yoga and absolutely loving it. I also take a Salsa Rhythms class. AYE CARUMBA!!!!!:)

QUESTION? I go for my first fill tomorrow. Will I be too sore to workout in the evening?

Hey AfrykanV!!! You work it girl!!! I'm so proud of you!!! I've never been sore after a fill. I actually went jogging right after my last fill so if you're up to it GO FOR IT!!!

Weigh-in last night and this past week I've lost 6 POUNDS!!! :)

NSV-I went jogging last night and as I was putting on my fanny pack, it wouldn't fit so I adjusted the straps as much as I could til I finally had to take the extender off. I have never worn that fanny pack without the extender and I don't need it anymore!!! It makes me feel like I'm practically a normal size person. I know it sounds silly, but I am proud!!!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Weigh-in last night and this past week I've lost 6 POUNDS!!! :)

NSV-I went jogging last night and as I was putting on my fanny pack, it wouldn't fit so I adjusted the straps as much as I could til I finally had to take the extender off. I have never worn that fanny pack without the extender and I don't need it anymore!!! It makes me feel like I'm practically a normal size person. I know it sounds silly, but I am proud!!!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Fantastic NSV! Fantastic scale victory as well.

You're rocking!

Momlambert-You are amazing! What an astounding time you are having right now. Good for you for keeping food in its place.

Yanken-Salsa Rhythems class? Oh that sounds like fine. I'm sure your hips don't lie....

Denise-What cha' going to do about the foaming? Are you dealing or going for an unfill?

Sophie248-I'm fill less for at least the next four weeks myself. I'm trying to keep my head down and follow the bandster rules. Is your scale moving?

Catch you all later! I :love: love this board too.

OH Juli

-Hazelbunny & Denise, Are you guys too filled to full?

!

I have very little fill in my band - I am going in for my second fill today and hopefully will get some restriction.

hi sophie,

one thing that helps me alot since being banded is drinking the Water we are supposed to drink. it really takes the hunger away.

also just thinking that this isnt forever. once we get down to our goals....we can pretty much eat what we want in the right proportion.

keep the faith baby!

I went in for my 1st fill yesterday! NOT! Apparently my port has tilted. The doctor asked me to try and lose more weight and hopefully in 6 weeks he can feel it better and do a fill. If that doesn't work then he has to go back in and reposition it. Has this happened to anyone ?

What's the surgery like? Am I going to have to take more time off from work?

I have never worn that fanny pack without the extender and I don't need it anymore!!! It makes me feel like I'm practically a normal size person. I know it sounds silly, but I am proud!!!

That is NOT the least bit silly! Congrats on the loss and the NSV. You are a great role model.

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words--you are the best! Sometimes, it seems to me, when we are in the middle of chaos, we don't realize how difficult it all is until we are able to look back and go, "Whew! We made it." Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. They are SO appreciated. We are doing fine. First daughter to arrive comes in a few hours--sheets are changed and I put a little pot of fresh flowers in her room. We are ready to PAR-TAY with her and her grandpa and the others when they arrive.

Oh, a funny thing happened (skip this part if you want--it's just me rambling--again). I asked this daughter who is coming tonight if there is anything she would like to request while she is here (meaning, of course, food because in our family FOOD IS LOVE). She's a tiny little thing--5'8" and 117 dripping wet). She said, well, you know, it's silly but I've been really wanting some meatloaf and baked potatoes, squash, biscuits, etc.--you know, Sunday dinner--because Matt (her husband who isn't coming until Saturday) hates meatloaf and squash. The funny thing is that I fixed that very meal on Sunday and had leftovers but had given my parents and another daughter each two big slices of meatloaf to take home and I didn't have any left. So, I called my daughter and they were just sitting down to dinner--leftover meatloaf. So I called my parents and they still have the meatloaf. Yippee! My husband is taking a little cooler up there today when he goes to sit with my Dad and packing up the two pieces of meatloaf to bring home for her. I still have potatoes, biscuits, and squash. So we are set and I don't have to cook again for tonight. Crazy! Well, like I said, FOOD IS LOVE and she will definitely know she is loved! LOL

Have a great day and thanks, again, for your support and well wishes. Karen

WE BEGAN TO ROCK STEADY!

STEADY ROCKIN ALL NIGHT LONG!

ALL NIGHT LONG!!

*THE WHISPERS*

OK SO MY EVENING WENT OK! smoothie KING WAS BETTER THEN I EXPECTED I BOUGHT 2 Isopure Protein Drinks THEY HAVE

40 GRAMS OF PROTEIN IN EACH BOTTLE!

BREAKFAST: CAMPBELLS chicken MINI NOODLES 80 CALORIES

SNACK: ISOPURE DRINK

LUNCH: CAMPBELLS SELECT THREE cheese MUSHROOM WITH VEGGIES 130 CALORIES 5GRAM OF PROTEIN

DINNER: ????

JULIGIRL01 - HEY SISTER

MOMLAMBERT-MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU I HAVE BEEN WHERE YOU ARE AS FAR AS DEALING WITH A SICK FATHER AND TRYING TO LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE AS WELL. I PRAY THAT GOD GIVES YOU STRENGTH TO ENDURE THIS TRAIL. IF YOU NEED ME I'M JUST AN EMAIL AWAY!

DENISE-HEY GIRL!

DEMSVMEJM-I HAVE GOOD RESTRICTION EVERYTHING GOES DOWN SLOWLY! I WILL TRY SOLIDS TODAY AT LUNCH!

AFRYKANVYOLET-SHOUTOUT TO YOU SISTER I'M GOING TO GET ME A YOGA TAPE//AFTER MY FILLS MY TUMMY IS SLIGHTY SWOLLEN FOR 2 DAYS OR SO.....AFTER THAT IM BACK TO NORMAL!

TAMMYJ-LOVE YOU, YOU ROCK STEADY! 6 POUNDS GONE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went in for my 1st fill yesterday! NOT! Apparently my port has tilted. The doctor asked me to try and lose more weight and hopefully in 6 weeks he can feel it better and do a fill. If that doesn't work then he has to go back in and reposition it. Has this happened to anyone ?

What's the surgery like? Am I going to have to take more time off from work?

Sandy-

I didn't have the exact same thing happen, but I went in for a fill and was told I didn't need one because I was losing weight so well with out it.

I felt like I was being punished for being good. It's very disappointing to see everyone on here talking about their fills, ect and not really be able to relate.

But this is an individual journey and we do what we can, right?

I don't know what the port surgery might be like. But I've seen other posts where the people said it wasn't too bad.

And it looks like you are going gang busters with your weight loss, don't lose momentum.

We can check in with each other and see how things are going fill less (Phyllis) over the next few weeks.

OH Juli

WAY TO GO TAMMY!!!! 6 pounds!

Mrs. Husker: We have a gal on our April thread with the same flipped port issue. He doc is fixing it in his office.. It makes me wonder though.. why are all these ports flipping? (Brenners is her name)

I'm singing the blues!!!!

My Band hates chicken strips!!!!

I only ate 1!!!!!

It is stuck in my gut and all I can say is OUCH!!!

I got the 2nd fill bluuuuueeees!!!!!

P.S. I know I'm a basketcase sorry!!!

TCTX

In an attempt to figure out the picture thing I headed back to my very dusty blog. I was able to get a pic posted there, and I will add more...Still not able to figure it out here. Looks like you need to have the pics hosted on the web, not on your PC. I've signed up for Picasa...I'll get it figured out.

Unless someone more savvy than me can help out, then by all means, please do.

Thick Chick- Has got a new hair do and she's smokin'.

The blog by the way is http://lapbandaid.blogspot.com/ There you'll find my picture from September 2006. And some back story to this journey. And I hadn't touched it since fall, so there is some misinformation on it too. But I feel the itch to pick it up again....I've joked blogging is so 2001. (When I first started. Looks like I'll be eating my words. At least they are calorie free!)

OH Juli