Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery

Hi @@InspirationMySon! The ten days have flown by. Day 2 was hard, but I really think I just wasn't hitting the pain pump as much as I should have. I stayed in the hospital two days, which is standard for my surgeon. The operation went really well - no complications, just pretty easy, and the nurses were amazzzzzzzing! I did NOT like the drain, but it was out on Day 3 so no big deal.

I'm doing well getting in the Protein and the liquid - I just make sure pretty much everything I put in my face has protein in it. :) I've been pretty consistent about getting enough protein but the Water has been a bit more of a challenge until the past few days. I felt really dizzy on Monday when I got up, which my doc attributed to walking too much the day before and not having enough electrolytes so I drank some G2 and felt much better.

I think I personally get tired because I've always, always been that way when I'm healing from anything! My body just says, Nope. You are sleeping and healing now. It's not terrible, I just need to take a short nap each day. :) I'm so glad I have time off so I can.

I'm getting REALLY excited to move on to pureed foods. Getting sick of liquids. :) However, I start purees next week and I'm really nervous because I'm going back to work. So... we'll see. It's all quite a learning experience!!

I'm so glad you are doing so well!

I am doing really well too... I'm 5 days post-op and my doctor had me on Clear Liquids so far but tomorrow I can start drinking shakes and stuff.

I was in the hospital for about 2.5 days with no real issues other than gas pains. I went home with a drain and had it removed the next day and all has been fine.

So far I'm tolerating everything that I have tried to drink but I tend to rush the last 2 drinks of things and my body lets me know it right away..... So I gotta be careful with that.

I'm getting scared that the date is getting closer September 16 a lot of people are telling me not to get it done to think about my 4year old son we also new friends that passed away due to complications my mind is just racing

I am having surgery on Sept. 16rh.

I'm getting scared that the date is getting closer September 16 a lot of people are telling me not to get it done to think about my 4year old son we also new friends that passed away due to complications my mind is just racing

Don't let fear of the unknown or other people be the deciding factor of your life. If you do it, do it for you. If you decide not to do it, make sure it's truly your decision.

This Liquid Protein diet is not easy for me. I have a major headache from caffeine/sugar withdrawal, I think. Not getting all the shakes in because the headache make me feel yucky already. I guess those 'last chance to enjoy' lattes were not my friend. UGH

Great that you're getting thru the sugar & caffeine withdrawal! You put on your big girl pants and got down to it! ???? You are on your way. Finding a shake u like is key. I had lap band 7 yrs ago and still love Unjury shakes... Mixed with skim milk! My preop diet has all shakes mixed with Water. ????

So I decided to try various ready made shakes. I like EAS. Find something that works for you! You can do it !!????

How are all of you other Sept. surgery date folks doing with your Pre-op diets.... This is hard but I am doing it. My surgery is Sept. 17th. excited, nervous... mostly can't wait for my Surgivercery to see how much has changed.

I'm scheduled for Tuesday the 16th. I'm really struggling with the diet. I broke down and had a few mini crackers the other day. It satisfied my craving and I moved on. I have to be on liquds for a week after surgery and then full liquids for another two weeks. I have no idea how I'm going to make it.

Good luck to everyone!!!

I'm scheduled for Tuesday the 16th. I'm really struggling with the diet. I broke down and had a few mini crackers the other day. It satisfied my craving and I moved on. I have to be on liquds for a week after surgery and then full liquids for another two weeks. I have no idea how I'm going to make it.

Good luck to everyone!!!

It's easier then you think you just need to stay positive. Try going for a walk or doing an activity you like that'll distract you; it'll be good practice for when you are post OP & can't eat.

I found Knor beef & chicken bouillon powder at the grocery story & that helps mix it up some. I found ice cold Water was like an ice cream headache in my belly the 1st couple days but the broth & room temp water was soothing. I just have to brush my teeth & tongue a lot since the broth makes your mouth & tongue feel coated.

The 16th isn't very far you just need to be positive & stay focused on the short term goal of getting to surgery! Good luck!!

@@Ramuse! How are you feeling?! I've been out of surgery for about 7 hrs and so far everything is good! Just very very sleepy. I had a bit of nausea but they gave me meds for that and now I feel fine. I've also had the after effects of the gas pain. It's all up in my chest right now. :( no fun. As far as the incision pain.... I have none at all! :)

hey buddy! I wish you so much luck, congratulations! ????

I'm finally doing better. I'm still in the hospital. The doctors just remove my drain- so happy because I was in so much pain... my recovery was rough! I cried out in pain about 6 times. It took them a day to get meds that would help me. So now I'm eating 30 ml of whay Protein, Water and pudding. Every 15 mins. I should be home tomorrow or late tonight. Ohhh and I gave sooo much gas lol. Trying to sleep last night was rough-getting better though. ????

Ramuse and sweetchin _ I am glad to hear you guys are doing fine.So far no major issues with the September Club. My surgery is this week 9/16. We keep everyone posted.

Finally, evening before surgery tomorrow. A bit anxious but also eccited. Good luck to all of you that is also having surgery this week. God Bless.

Finally, evening before surgery tomorrow. A bit anxious but also eccited. Good luck to all of you that is also having surgery this week. God Bless.

good luck!

Lots of us this week!!! Praying for us all! Tomorrow is mine, I know there were a lot of 15ths & 16ths!!! Good luck & hopefully we will all be checking in soon with good updates!!

Cvvvvgvfrtt

B

Aq