Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when do you start getting rid of clothes?

I still have several sizes of underwear in my drawer lol. I had to get rid of a few bigger sets last week when they started falling down at work haha when I was wearing a dress!

No.

This is just wrong.

Hehe. Ok, so what size should I order? I like Jockey microfiber French cut that I just order from jockey.com. But I have no idea what size I am now. Wearing a size 9/10 pants. Help retire the granny panties! (No offense to the grannies out there)

OK! OK! I just placed a jockey order....size 5 modern micro boy shorts, microfiber French cut and even two bras. And all at 25% off!

OK! OK! I just placed a jockey order....size 5 modern micro boy shorts, microfiber French cut and even two bras. And all at 25% off!

Today, you have learned a lesson, young grasshopper.

(Seriously, congrats on your new underwear.)

I have been getting rid of them as soon as they don't look flattering. Droopy baggy butt pants and figure swallowing shirts. It feels good to look good so I try to dress the part.

I started packing up my "big clothes" as soon as I realized they were too big or others told me there were quite big on me! I have kept 1 pair of my "big" pants and a "big" t-shirt for reference, but everything else that is too big has been donated!

I'm 6 months out and down ~ 4-5 pant sizes and 3 shirt sizes so my wardrobe has turned over several times. Luckily, I was reluctant to get rid of "perfectly good" clothes that I had outgrown since I was always trying to diet and was hoping to someday get back into them....well, I've now gone thru all of those clothes and have had to start buying some new pants and tops! :-) Will need a whole new Fall/Winter wardrobe later this year.

I lost quite a bit of weight pre-surgery, but still did not buy smaller clothes (except for a belt lol) until post-surgery.

I've made up for it quite a bit and bought over 20 articles of clothing this week, some that are currently snug on me (size Large) and others that are currently too small (Mediums) so I have clothes to look forward to.

It was exciting trying on pants that I didn't think would fit and they DID. I bought a couple pairs of pants that are snug now and a couple more that are just too tight for down the road.

I took two boxes of clothes to Goodwill yesterday along wtih my too-large plates and bowls. It felt great!

Edited by AlwaysVegas

The support group I belong to allows us to swap clothes, see if your bariatric program has something like this. There are also fb pages to give away clothes to the bariatric community, the 'buyer' pays shipping, otherwise it's free. Saves you a lot of $ replacing your wardrobe every month too

I'm just a little over a year out. I'm down 200 pounds. My weight loss was very steady and every couple of months my pant size would drop. I went from 4xlt shirts down to large tall in dress shirts and Med tall in tee's. My waist went from a 50 down to a 34. I bought nothing but Walmart 9.99 jeans and a few pull over shirts as I lost but I got rid of a ton of shirts and pants. I didn't hesitate to get rid of a lot of the shirts right away but my wife has a friend who has a tubby hubby and he wanted the 4xlt shirts but they have not shown so next week my closet will only have clothes that fit me. I will even get rid of the 36 jeans I bought a few months ago. I will never go back, ever.

when I was in my rapid weight loss phase, I exchanged one pair of big pants for one pair of new pants on a monthly basis that I bought at Target inexpensively. As I grew out of a blouse, I did the same. The rn in my bariatric programs suggested buying very good undergarments after the first year, but I had to drop to three bras sizes before the year was up. it was such a relief to have a very very few number of clothes. They are all fit, this is in contrast to having one and one half times the amount of big clothes but all which did not fit and made me feel horrible when I wore them. I guess I'm headed down for another size real soon because my friend said I bought my blouse too big.

Edited by K33

I am trying desperately not to buy too many new clothes. And I'm very lucky in that my mother lives in the same town I do and while she didn't have the surgery because she is not large enough to have the surgery she is eating smaller portions and eating what I eat when we eat together. And the good thing about that is that she has lost weight so I have been shopping in her closet as she gets too small for her clothes I get them.

I started out in a size 18 pants maybe even a size 20, now I am wearing her old size 14 and a few of her 12's. I did have to buy some new swimsuits for my aquarobics class because my old swimsuit was one of those of the skirt on it and if you've ever try to do aquarobics with the skirt on you know what I'm talking about. I also had to buy new undies because my old ones who way too big. I'm trying to hold off on the new bras because browser so expensive.

As for my old clothes all those size 18 pant and size 2X and 3x tops those are all either at a consignment shop are being donated to the friends in garage sale.

I really loved this site, there're all questions I wanted to ask lol.

I'm now on my 5th week and my clothes are getting lose but I'm still be able to wear them.

Plus I kept some favourite clothes that I loved, I have a collection of size 36-44 (I was wearing size 46-48 pre-op) even underwear lol

I don't know when I should clear up my wardrobe but I definitely would LOVE to see some empty space for the new ones.

I'll probably keep some big size clothes that I really like as well, as souvenir to remind me how big I was and I shouldn't never go back into them ever again,

I did! When my waist started re-appearing early on, I wasn't interested in ANYTHING that didn't fit! I did a lot of laundry since I didn't have the volume of clothes to pick from. It was kind of like going from "frump girl" to quite the opposite in what seemed like overnight! By the time I returned to work after surgery, with the pre-op weight loss beginning to show and post op weight loss underway, I needed new clothes already! These did not last! I learned to go for knit skirts\dresses\leggings with tall boots for work with a tunic top because they looked fashionable AND I could get a little more mileage out of stretchy stuff. Belts and scarves can be tied on to help cinch up a waist or make your outfits go farther. It's a FANTASTIC problem to have! Congratulations! Funny, how when I was fat I gravitated toward stretch for comfort, but as I was losing weight, I used it to get more mileage out of my clothes!