Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

<p>I had Surgery July 9th.. I came home this morning on July 10th.. I can't keep anything down.. Everytime I take a sip of Water I throw up and dry heave.. It really hurts my belly.. My neck and shoulders are super sore also.. Is the sickness normal?</p>

You should call your doctor. I had my surgery the day before you on the 9th & I am drinking about 56oz of water + 4 Protein Shakes a day already.

So far so good-I'm still only on Protein Shakes, Water, and broth. Yesterday I got 45 gms of Protein in and about 50 ounces of water. I am not moving on to any more liquids until I get my protein at 60 and liquids at 64. How is everyone else doing with the protein? I'm 3 days post-op.

Hi Bridget - sound like there are several of us from the 9th. I'm doing good. Wearing a track in my carpet walking :) I'm up to 56oz of water & 68 protein with my shakes. It's been a hard 4 days but am making it. Sounds like you are too! Great job!

So nice to hear from other July sleevers. I had my surgery on July 1. I have only lost 6 pounds since then and am feeling frightened. But on the other hand I have lost 25 since the first of June. I am having trouble getting my Protein Shakes down and have switched to premade ones and find them easier. I am still so worried to start " real food". I am and emotional eater and need to deal with the reasons I over eat. I move on to puree on Wednesday and bought baby food and yogurt. Anyone have any other suggestions? Congratulations to all of you have started this brave new journey.

Hi guys, I am on my surgery vigil - i leave for the hospital in about 5-6 hours and of course am excited and cannot sleep. My surgery is July 14th. I'm surprised reading through this thread that so many surgeons have differing requirements for us patients. Some had same day surgery, (i will have a 2 day stay) some have had a pre-op diet prescribed for varying timeframes... my surgeon did not require any pre-op dietary changes at all. Now that I think of it that would have been a good idea. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better and hear your stories. I'm hoping of course that everything will go well tomorrow and I will be able to come home on Wednesday as planned. I went out and bought some liquid Multivitamins and a sublingual B12 but i suppose I wont need the b12 until a month from now when the shot wears off. I also bought a 12pack of lean body vanilla Protein Shakes. I read somewhere in this thread that someone's taste buds changed and what they liked pre-op they really did not like post-op so now I am questioning my decision to purchase stuff before the surgery. that there's a lot of shakes if it turns out i don't like them after all! I'm curious to know (in detail) what choices you guys are making for the full liquid diet in terms of broth or yogurt or what have you. Does it all have to be sugar-free or can we do the yummy yogurts where you swirl and get the flavor from the bottom?

Hey Sleevers had my surgery July 1st doing ok today was the first day I went out.I was a little weak but I managed.I even went to order take out for my kids and didn't crave at all. I still have some gas but not much. Loving Isopure mango peach. Still trying to get the right amount down for the day.I am so looking forward to puree. I am experiencing some incision soreness in middle of my belly but I take pain med if it gets too bad. Worried about BMs haven't had one in few days.Trying not to get on scale everyday but lost 22 lbs so far. Hope its more by the time I go to my 2wk post-op. Good luck future sleevers.

Hi All! I was sleeved on June 30, 2014. (I know its not July but it's pretty close). I started at 278 and at my first post-op appt had lost 13 lbs! I am doing well and getting the majority of my liquids and Vitamins in on a daily basis. I'm having some trouble with the Protein Shakes (i'm only able to get 1-1 1/2 in). I find my energy level is increasing. Tomorrow will be the beginning of week 3 for me so I can finally eat things like a meatball. The puree diet is starting to become difficult to go down. One can only eat so many scrambled eggs! lol. I find I can only eat a couple of spoon fills and i'm full.

My energy level is increasing every day. Most days I don't need to take a nap. I have been walking daily for 30-45 mins daily. Is anyone else having trouble getting the Protein in?

07/07 here! Today is my 7th day post-op.

The operation went well and I had no complication, I stayed 5 full nights in the ICU and I was released from the hospital one night later.

I came back home with the better health, no nose running or alergy symptoms like pre-op.

Apart from low energy level, everything is going great or even better, I used to be the night owl never sleep before 2 am and now I dozed off at 11 pm! due to the low energy level I guess,

The best news is I'm not at all constipated hehe I was allowed to eat and drink on the 4th day post-op and I'll have to be on full-liquid for 2 weeks, now it doesn't bother me at all but we'll see lol.

I was sleeved in France so I guess the method of my surgeon is a bit different, such as he instructed me to eat natural food only, no supplementary diet or Vitamins -- nothing (should I be worried??? lol)

I trust him though, his team performs the bariatric surgery for 300 patients per year (there're total 300,000 patients per year in France). ><

So far since the surgery, I've lost 5.2 kg (11.44 pounds) and total 12.9 kg (28.38 pounds) since pre-op diet the beginning of March 2014.

Hi All! I was sleeved on June 30, 2014. (I know its not July but it's pretty close). I started at 278 and at my first post-op appt had lost 13 lbs! I am doing well and getting the majority of my liquids and Vitamins in on a daily basis. I'm having some trouble with the Protein Shakes (i'm only able to get 1-1 1/2 in). I find my energy level is increasing. Tomorrow will be the beginning of week 3 for me so I can finally eat things like a meatball. The puree diet is starting to become difficult to go down. One can only eat so many scrambled eggs! lol. I find I can only eat a couple of spoon fills and i'm full. My energy level is increasing every day. Most days I don't need to take a nap. I have been walking daily for 30-45 mins daily. Is anyone else having trouble getting the Protein in?

I've had some issues with that. I do have to say that the 30 grams in Premier Protein helps a lot. I try to get one in first thing, and that helps. This way all I need is two more. They're not so bad.

<p>Hi guys, I am on my surgery vigil - i leave for the hospital in about 5-6 hours and of course am excited and cannot sleep. My surgery is July 14th. I'm surprised reading through this thread that so many surgeons have differing requirements for us patients. Some had same day surgery, (i will have a 2 day stay) some have had a pre-op diet prescribed for varying timeframes... my surgeon did not require any pre-op dietary changes at all. Now that I think of it that would have been a good idea. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better and hear your stories. I'm hoping of course that everything will go well tomorrow and I will be able to come home on Wednesday as planned. I went out and bought some liquid multivitamins and a sublingual B12 but i suppose I wont need the b12 until a month from now when the shot wears off. I also bought a 12pack of lean body vanilla Protein Shakes. I read somewhere in this thread that someone's taste buds changed and what they liked pre-op they really did not like post-op so now I am questioning my decision to purchase stuff before the surgery. that there's a lot of shakes if it turns out i don't like them after all! I'm curious to know (in detail) what choices you guys are making for the full liquid diet in terms of broth or yogurt or what have you. Does it all have to be sugar-free or can we do the yummy yogurts where you swirl and get the flavor from the bottom?</p>

I use Unjury brand for the shakes i actually like them. They have a chicken broth fkavored one as well.

Hello sleevers, I had my surgery on 7/9. Also had a hernia fixed at the same time. I cannot drink anymore broth. It makes me sick to look at it so I am living on about 5 teaspoons of Jello and a popsicle a day. I can only tolerate about 64 ounces of Water a day and the doctor says I have to have 100 ounces. I am not allowed Protein Drinks yet. My first check up is this Thursday. Any advice on getting more liquids in?

I have my surgery from lap band to sleeve on July 28th. Super excited! Started my two week pre-op diet today! Let's hope this next two weeks goes by fast! I can't wait to start my new journey!

Laura

Hey folks. I was looking to set up a thread for July 2014 sleevers. I believe the other threads were originally back in 2013.

I just had my surgery on July 2. I'm SO glad I did this. My breaking point was being diagnosed with high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and a host of other problems. I put on another 30 pounds from October to February of this year. I was a good 185 and quit smoking. I ballooned up to 305. I'm self pay and I got to 278 during my pre-surgery.

Since the surgery, I don't think I've been hungry, but I'm still dealing with the healing process. My first postop is Thursday. My only complaint is the low energy level. I knew it was coming, but wow.

I'd like to hear from those who started their life change this month. I am also hoping this can be a thread we can keep tabs on each other, as well as provide motivation when we need it

Hi I was sleeved on July 2. HW. was 363lbs. S.W. was 356.@ first pre-op appt. today weighed in at 337. Total loss for since surgery 19 lbs. I have no energy what so ever. I was assured this too shall pass. Good luck everyone.

Edited by Sarah Randles

Hey folks. I was looking to set up a thread for July 2014 sleevers. I believe the other threads were originally back in 2013. <br><br> I just had my surgery on July 2. I'm SO glad I did this. My breaking point was being diagnosed with high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and a host of other problems. I put on another 30 pounds from October to February of this year. I was a good 185 and quit smoking. I ballooned up to 305. I'm self pay and I got to 278 during my pre-surgery. <br><br> Since the surgery, I don't think I've been hungry, but I'm still dealing with the healing process. My first postop is Thursday. My only complaint is the low energy level. I knew it was coming, but wow. <br><br> I'd like to hear from those who started their life change this month. I am also hoping this can be a thread we can keep tabs on each other, as well as provide motivation when we need it

I just sleeved on July 10th. I am not feeling well and emotionally am in a bad place. Can you remember back to week one and have any advice.

Glad to hear from another July 2 sleever. Congratulations on your progress!