Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

My surgery has been rescheduled for july 23, originally was set for yesterday but had to be changed do to doctor being out, I will need to redo my 7 day preop diet...well at least I have experience from last time and know what to expect.

Had my surgery his morning and I am doing great. Feel a little like I did too many sit ups. No pain medication since surgery. Nurse says I'm pretty clear now.

I had my sleeve on 7/3/14 everything seemed to be going great, I was doing good on my liquid diet but I continued to get hungry so last night I slipped and ate 4 crackers, 2 spoons of rice, and I bit my husband meat. I feel so bad I paid for it last night and this morning. I called my nut and told her about my slip now I'm going crazy thinking I might get something stuck in my stitches. I'm so going back to the basics I will not do that again I'm so over it......

I feel you Missviscious! I had my surgery on 7/1 and broke down last night and ate some Mac and cheese.. I couldn't stop myself cause I've been terribly hungry :-( I didn't feel terrible though.. but definitely wont be making that same mistake again!

July 24th here! I had my last meal out at a restaurant tonight before I start my pre-op diet, so weird to know I won't eat this much ever again.

That's my date too!

7/24 is my date too!!! I am getting so excited :)

I start my pre-op diet tomorrow which means we are officially two weeks away! Have you guys started yours too?

I'm not going to lie, I'm getting nervous

Got my surgery-sitting in hospital bed. Feels like I did 3000 sit ups.

Got my surgery-sitting in hospital bed. Feels like I did 3000 sit ups.

Congratulations!!!!

Walk as soon as you can to help with the gas. After the swallow test, you'll enjoy Water like you never have before, only in teeny sips. Tomorrow won't be so bad. The day after that will be the worst, but the payoff makes it TOTALLY worth it.

I had my sleeve on 7/3/14 everything seemed to be going great, I was doing good on my liquid diet but I continued to get hungry so last night I slipped and ate 4 crackers, 2 spoons of rice, and I bit my husband meat. I feel so bad I paid for it last night and this morning. I called my nut and told her about my slip now I'm going crazy thinking I might get something stuck in my stitches. I'm so going back to the basics I will not do that again I'm so over it......

Same thing here. Got sleeved 1st of July and felt terribly hungry after discharged from hospital. My dietitan said I can start on a puree diet 6days post op but tried a few soft solids already which were very difficult to swallow (as expected) then started feeling really sick and weak. I still feel hungry after a few hours though and just couldn't help it. I'm trying to keep my fluids up as well. Any other tips on how I can get over this hunger phase? I started off at 93.8kg pre-op with BMI of 35, goal of 75kg in a few months. I am scared of getting the sleeve stretched and putting weight back on but the sleeve is my only hope and I don't regret doing it. Peace!

Howdy, I had the sleeve on July 2nd, 2014. I'm glad you started this. Yesterday, I thought I was up to a walk and went to the mall. Not a good choice. I felt dizzy and didn't enjoy at all. I feel tight and bloated. I know our recoveries will all be different. However, I have lost ten pounds or 20, if I count the post surgery pounds. Tomorrow will be the one week mark. I'm thrilled to have that behind me. I'm doing what my doctor told me to do religiously. If he told me to pick my nose ten times a day, I'm sure I'd be doing that to. Getting down all the Protein and Water is a challenge, but it helped with the feeling of a bit of nausea I felt this morning. Glad that is over. Funny thing, my sister-in-law and good friend were with me during the day of surgery. They told me later how the doctor came out and spoke to them after the surgery. They are not in our world. He complimented how great my liver looked and said it was one of the best he'd seen. I explained later that he was telling them that I was a good girl in the pre-op stage. :-)

I just had my GS surgery on the 7th, but I'm really struggling to get my 60g of protein down + the 64 fl oz of beverages. I feel really full. I've been able to pass gas easily. When I feel full & try to consume, my mouth gets watery & then I get Urpey. That doesn't feel so hot on the sutures. I also get up hourly & walk around. Any suggestions would be great.

Howdy, I had the sleeve on July 2nd, 2014. I'm glad you started this. Yesterday, I thought I was up to a walk and went to the mall. Not a good choice. I felt dizzy and didn't enjoy at all. I feel tight and bloated. I know our recoveries will all be different. However, I have lost ten pounds or 20, if I count the post surgery pounds. Tomorrow will be the one week mark. I'm thrilled to have that behind me. I'm doing what my doctor told me to do religiously. If he told me to pick my nose ten times a day, I'm sure I'd be doing that to. Getting down all the Protein and Water is a challenge, but it helped with the feeling of a bit of nausea I felt this morning. Glad that is over. Funny thing, my sister-in-law and good friend were with me during the day of surgery. They told me later how the doctor came out and spoke to them after the surgery. They are not in our world. He complimented how great my liver looked and said it was one of the best he'd seen. I explained later that he was telling them that I was a good girl in the pre-op stage. :-)

I just had my GS surgery on the 7th, but I'm really struggling to get my 60g of Protein down + the 64 fl oz of beverages. I feel really full. I've been able to pass gas easily. When I feel full & try to consume, my mouth gets watery & then I get Urpey. That doesn't feel so hot on the sutures. I also get up hourly & walk around. Any suggestions would be great.
I think you're in your way fine. Sounds a lot like me. I go to my first postop today, and I can't bear the Isopure anymore. It made me a little sick yesterday, and I only got a third of a bottle. Thank goodness for Popsicles and Jello (sugar free). The walking helps I know.

Good morning new sleevers! I was sleeved July 1st. I have been experiencing cramp feelings on my left side. This starts mostly after i drink my shakes. Has anyone else experience this? I also went walking this morning and felt light cramps.

I noticed quite a few July 24th sleevers out there! I'm set for that day too, exact time TBD on Monday the 14th. This has been a long few months in the making, that is for sure.

I'm not staying but I wanted to share my before/ during pic as I am a July sleever myself, July 17, 2013.

Highest ever weight: 315

Weight at start of preop diet: 299.8

Surgery day weight: 281.2

Current Weight: 193.4

You are going to love it! Follow all your doctor's orders, and workout!

Good luck!

post-172955-0-44197500-1405002992_thumb.png

[ATTACH]46232[/ATTACH]

I had my sleeve done the 8th...I m still in hospital I also had hernia repair an since every time I sip I go into a bad Esophageal spasms. ..they hurt. My stomach seems good. I am goin to go ahead an go home afterwhile. Still gassy still but I am walking I was up walking 4 hrs after I woke up first day. If I wasn't having the spasms I would b doin good..not really hungry...no headaches just some soreness on belly..I have no idea if Iv lost or gained with all the fluids pumping in..I weigh when I get home...take care an b sure to follow protocol!

Congratulations!!!! Walk as soon as you can to help with the gas. After the swallow test, you'll enjoy Water like you never have before, only in teeny sips. Tomorrow won't be so bad. The day after that will be the worst, but the payoff makes it TOTALLY worth it.

I have been doing walks..just started my Clear liquids today.

Tired! But feel good! Thanks!

Hi all - had mine on July 7. Checked in at 8 AM and out at about 4 PM. I always have a hard time waking up. The pain wasn't too bad that first night. Didn't sleep well though, hotel bed was way too soft. Then, back to the hospital for the esophogram on Tuesday. All was well and I headed over to the Dr.'s office for some IV fluids. Two litres later and I felt like a new woman!

So far, not bad. Hard to keep up with all the fluids, and it's going to be harder the more my kids are around. So far, family and friends have been helping me, but that will come to a stop eventually, and it will be all me. So far, the worst problem has been feeding the kids. Never thought a pretzel could smell so good! I'm told I can have broth, so I think I'm going to try that this afternoon/evening. We'll see.

I have been blessed to be able to avoid all vomitting (though it has been very close, several times!) Lot's of belching and passing gas as the CO2 is expelled. But, other than those minor irritations, I really feel pretty good. Getting hungry now, think I'll fix some broth. More soon!

Renee