Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

Had my surgery July 9th... This is the first day that I actually feel like I'm on the mend.. I also had a severely sprained ankle during surgery so that didn't help the cause.. Can anyone give me some ideas on what you are eating at this point? Thanks!

Had my surgery July 9th... This is the first day that I actually feel like I'm on the mend.. I also had a severely sprained ankle during surgery so that didn't help the cause.. Can anyone give me some ideas on what you are eating at this point? Thanks!

Hey there. Glad you are feeling better. Hope the nausea has gone. My first week after I had to choke down Isopure clear Protein. They wanted me to get 40 grams of protein so that was like getting one down. I hated it. I would have died without the broth, sugar free Jello, and sugar free Popsicles. For week two I've gone to the milk based Protein Drinks. The Premier Protein has been good. I think they want me at like 60 grams of protein now. Two of those takes care of it. I've also had some Greek yogurt and cottage cheese. My mainstay has still been the broth and Popsicles. Get the best you can buy. It's worth it. Hope you continue to feel better.

Hey, y'all, from Mississippi. A week ago on July 7 I went to meet my dr and sign consents. I'd been jumping through all the hoops since October and had hoped to have this done the end of May since I teach at an elementary school. Dr said it looked like August for surgery....that wouldn't work because I go back to school Aug 1 and wouldn't be able to take off. That would push surgery to Thanksgiving. Dr rearranged some things and came in and said we were looking at Thursday!!! I considered that the best birthday present EVER!!! (July 7 was my birthday) Not much time for my "food funeral" though, because I had to do Clear Liquids from Wednesday-on. Great procedure, with no pain or gas pains. Started walking as soon as I got back from recovery. Already sick of broths and really looking forward to day 7 when I can add something new!!!

Thankful that I found this group

Hey, y'all, from Mississippi. A week ago on July 7 I went to meet my dr and sign consents. I'd been jumping through all the hoops since October and had hoped to have this done the end of May since I teach at an elementary school. Dr said it looked like August for surgery....that wouldn't work because I go back to school Aug 1 and wouldn't be able to take off. That would push surgery to Thanksgiving. Dr rearranged some things and came in and said we were looking at Thursday!!! I considered that the best birthday present EVER!!! (July 7 was my birthday) Not much time for my "food funeral" though, because I had to do clear liquids from Wednesday-on. Great procedure, with no pain or gas pains. Started walking as soon as I got back from recovery. Already sick of broths and really looking forward to day 7 when I can add something new!!!

Thankful that I found this group

CONGRATS! ! I luv it when our surgeon wrks the schedule like that! I was 3 months in system from day one of being accepted with first consult to surgery date...I had mine on the 8th...stayed n 2 days per my request. ..had bad spasms I had hernia an tummy done. Couldn't hardly get a sip down..they hurt so bad an I even put my own heating pad on belly n chest..yes I took everything with me even my own meds from home..which I ended up not taking only the gas x strips I used...Iv lost all in all 25 as of tday..I'm so happy to have found this tool an hear everyone's experience! I'm on liquids another wk...but I put Protein in everything bc by the 4 teas I'm full...it takes me thru out day to get quoto in...:)

How did u feel? How did u know u were dehydrated?

Hi everyone I've been trying to join the Facebook group can not find it to save my life so can somebody send me a request my Facebook name is Latasha Williamson. I had my surgery on 7/3/14 I went to see my pcp today and down 22 pounds including pre-op diet. I hope more weight fall off soon I've been walking 5 times a week.

For some reason the milk based Protein Shakes are not agreeing with me.. Think I will check out the Isopure Protein.. I'm like you, I been living on broth and greek yogurt and sugar free bomb pops(my fav).. I did mix powered Protein with my yogurt.. I have my 1 week post op tomorrow.. When was your surgery? I don't feel like I've lost weight.. I don't even feel hungry.. I'm going to try Tomato Soup for dinner and I've never been so excited about it.. haha

Hey there. Glad you are feeling better. Hope the nausea has gone. My first week after I had to choke down Isopure clear Protein. They wanted me to get 40 grams of protein so that was like getting one down. I hated it. I would have died without the broth, sugar free Jello, and sugar free Popsicles. For week two I've gone to the milk based protein drinks. The Premier Protein has been good. I think they want me at like 60 grams of protein now. Two of those takes care of it. I've also had some Greek yogurt and cottage cheese. My mainstay has still been the broth and Popsicles. Get the best you can buy. It's worth it. Hope you continue to feel better.

Hey y'all! I'm Jenna and I'm 18 I just got sleeved yesterday July 14th so I'm still in the hospital! I didn't say anything yesterday because I was in pain but today I feel so much better! If you have any questions I'm here!

Hello Everyone! I am one week post op today! I am currently down 15 lbs from the morning of my surgery which seems unbelievable! The past couple days I had some depression thinking why in the world did I do this? I had to constantly keep reminding myself why as my son and fiance are eating something that looks delicious. I have healed well and so far no throwing up!!! However I am ready to get my staples and drain out tomorrow :) I have definitely had a lot of cravings for different food which I was not expecting I guess. The liquids absolutely such as well as the Protein Shakes lol. Any suggestions?

For some reason the milk based Protein Shakes are not agreeing with me.. Think I will check out the Isopure Protein.. I'm like you, I been living on broth and greek yogurt and sugar free bomb pops(my fav).. I did mix powered Protein with my yogurt.. I have my 1 week post op tomorrow.. When was your surgery? I don't feel like I've lost weight.. I don't even feel hungry.. I'm going to try Tomato Soup for dinner and I've never been so excited about it.. haha

I think it's different for all of us. I got where the Isopure made me so nauseous. That was the closest I came to getting sick. Tomato Soup sounds good. Farthest I've ventured is the yogurt and cottage cheese. Good protein there. I'm glad you're doing better. I was sleeved on the 2nd. I have t weighed since Sunday, but had been losing a pound a day. Hope that trend keeps up :)

Hi! New to this forum. Had my surgery on July 7th. Didn't have any issues with nausea. Lucky I guess. Down 42 pounds. 20 on pre op diet.

For those questioning doing this... I just got to pull out my skinnier guy clothes and I gotta say, playing pretty pretty princess was fun!

I guess everyone recovers different. Only needed pain meds at night up till last night. Did get a fever of 101 night before last and the shaking was not fun with the soreness. I hospital for 3 days. Going into work tomorrow for a few hours. Hope that goes well. Then back to work on Monday.

If you haven't found sugar free popcicles, leave for the store now:)

How did u feel? How did u know u were dehydrated?

I was not feeling up to par and had massive diareah. I suspected it. Doc sent me to er and low and behold they couldn't felt the iv in I felt better after a bag and my vision repaired!! So weird but I feel better.

Yikes, are you okay now?

I had my sleeve on 7/3/14 everything seemed to be going great, I was doing good on my liquid diet but I continued to get hungry so last night I slipped and ate 4 crackers, 2 spoons of rice, and I bit my husband meat. I feel so bad I paid for it last night and this morning. I called my nut and told her about my slip now I'm going crazy thinking I might get something stuck in my stitches. I'm so going back to the basics I will not do that again I'm so over it......

@@finallyfree101 thanks for asking you I'm fine down 22 pounds feeling great. How's everything coming along with you I'm even up to walking 2 miles about 5 times a week