Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

We have a secret July Sleevers Facebook. It's already got 110 members. If you add me as a friend on Facebook I can add you to the group of you like. However I'll delete you from my page after, only cause I'd rather get to know everyone through our group before adding you as a friend on my personal page. So don't take offense please! The group is great though so we'd love yall to join us! <br><br> Facebook.com / mrs.pamelaclark

I am going to add you to my Facebook.

Hello Jessica I also got sleeved July 10 and aren't doing so well. I feel discomfort. I will also like to join the July sleevers on Facebook :)

I couldn't find it on Facebook it only shows a group from 2013 :-/

<p>I had Surgery July 9th.. I came home this morning on July 10th.. I can't keep anything down.. Everytime I take a sip of Water I throw up and dry heave.. It really hurts my belly.. My neck and shoulders are super sore also.. Is the sickness normal?</p>

I had mine on July 10. I don't throw up but I have diareah. Neck and shoulders is the co2 gas. You must walk! Call your doc about the vomiting.

My name is jennifer phillips magnusson on fb. If anyone wants to join the july 2014 sleevers

I just added you as a friend.

<p>So far so good-I'm still only on Protein shakes, Water, and broth. Yesterday I got 45 gms of Protein in and about 50 ounces of Water. I am not moving on to any more liquids until I get my protein at 60 and liquids at 64.</p> <p> </p> <p>How is everyone else doing with the protein?</p> <p> </p> <p>I'm 3 days post-op.</p>

I can't get that in. How do you do it?

I just sleeved on July 10th. I am not feeling well and emotionally am in a bad place. Can you remember back to week one and have any advice.

Just stay on track and it will pass. I had a rough week but when the second week came I felt much better. Extremely tired is all at this point. Emotionally not sure what you are referring to, but I have been crying on a drop of a dime, and that so is not me. I think it's due to being tired. Best of luck

Hey folks. I was looking to set up a thread for July 2014 sleevers. I believe the other threads were originally back in 2013. <br><br> I just had my surgery on July 2. I'm SO glad I did this. My breaking point was being diagnosed with high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and a host of other problems. I put on another 30 pounds from October to February of this year. I was a good 185 and quit smoking. I ballooned up to 305. I'm self pay and I got to 278 during my pre-surgery. <br><br> Since the surgery, I don't think I've been hungry, but I'm still dealing with the healing process. My first postop is Thursday. My only complaint is the low energy level. I knew it was coming, but wow. <br><br> I'd like to hear from those who started their life change this month. I am also hoping this can be a thread we can keep tabs on each other, as well as provide motivation when we need it

I just sleeved on July 10th. I am not feeling well and emotionally am in a bad place. Can you remember back to week one and have any advice.

The first week.was bad.I was very emotional. Just hang in there it will pass. The only thing now is I'm tried.But that to is normal. Just talked with my surgeon today it's all normal. It will get better.

Mine was the 7th. Lost 10 lbs preop. And 10 after.

After the surgery was feeling OK but uncomfortable. Don't think I stayed awake for more than 5 minutes at a time.

I had dry mouth and not being able to drink for 24 hours was extremely hard.

They gave me shots for no nausea

I walked a few hours later. Getting out of the bed was harder then the walking. Shoulder really hurt, and now my other shoulder hurts.

Thank g-d by day 4 I was already feeling better, getting out of the house to walk around the block, taking care of the kids, doing basic computer work ..

Now a week later, I have slight pain from the incision area and some stomach tightness through out the day, but otherwise I'm basically back to myself. Spent Saturday at synagogue, walking there, then Sunday took kids to the park (I did watch them from the bench most of the time). I do feel winded easily and overall tired but not too bad. Also I can now sleep on my stomach but have to turn over and lay down gently.

It's hard to get in the liquids and Protein and really annoying to constantly wait the 5 minutes. Can't see doing that for the rest of my life but. ..

I'm allowed to have plain fat free yogurts, cream of wheat, milk, juice, broth, Jello, fat free sugar free pudding and Popsicles. And of course Protein shakes.

I totally crave the broth, home made chicken Soup, but I get full so fast. And by the time I get to the 5th bite the Soup is cold.

One last thing before I finish this long post, in my opinion it's physically and emotionally important to have someone with u. My husband helped so much

Hi, I'm getting mine done on the 16th and totally appreciate a group for sure. Only 1 more day to go. Kinda nervous but glad to hear how others got threw it. Thanx!!

Debtovah

Hi, I'm getting mine done on the 16th and totally appreciate a group for sure. Only 1 more day to go. Kinda nervous but glad to hear how others got threw it. Thanx!! Debtovah

Awww very excited for you. I wish all the best for your Big day, everything will be fine and get better everyday.

Bon courage!!

We have a secret July Sleevers Facebook. It's already got 110 members. If you add me as a friend on Facebook I can add you to the group of you like. However I'll delete you from my page after, only cause I'd rather get to know everyone through our group before adding you as a friend on my personal page. So don't take offense please! The group is great though so we'd love yall to join us!

Facebook.com / mrs.pamelaclark

Qt, I have added you on fb and I would love an invite to the group please! I'm brand new to Bariatric Pal and in fact brand new to my sleeve as I only had it done last Friday. :) Facebook is a much easier way for me to connect than forums. :)

Ok guys. I am five days post op and feel a little better but now have developed a chunky cough. I called my surgeon last night and he didn't call back. I am trying again this morning.

I am five days post op and am feeling a little bit better. However I know have a chunky cough. I called my surgeon last night for diareah and he never called back but my primary did. I will try again this morning.

Hi everyone. I had my sleeve on July 8th. I'm feeling good, just tired out easily. I am on full liquids for another week and then I get to do pureed-yipee! I stepped on the scale today and I am 15 pouns down, including the 5 I lost during my pre-op diet. This feels fantastic!